Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,888 members, 7,872,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? (2178 Views)

Why Do I Always Meet Poor Girls With So Much Demands? Please Help / No One Is Ugly They Were Only Broke (photo) / Why Do Only Broke Men Approach Me For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 11, 2015
Good morning Nairalanders and Romancelanders kiss
Most girls will see this as an insult or libel, well I share that feeling also when a friend asked me this morning that "Is it only broke or poor girls that INSISTS ON GIFTS ON THEIR BIRTHDAYS?" ....... I was quick to reply him with a blatant"NO" but then I reconsidered, is it not really true that only broke girls will insist that all their close friends and spouse must get them gifts on their birthday?

Now these are the reason why one has to agree that only broke girls will insist on gifts on their birthday...

1. If you aren't broke/poor, material things won't be such a big deal to you. A call or a mention on Facebook or twitter And the likes should be enough.

2. Only poor and broke girls will ensure that she makes her intention known for gifts. I mean, must you say it out to people that they should get you gift? Anyone that wants to get you a gift will do so independent of your reminder and insistence.

3. A rich or comfortable girl will never announce her birthday (unless she is a celebrity which is still whack or she intends to celebrate it with a party hence publicity is necessary. Only a poor/broke babe will announce to the whole world about her birthday without intentions to throw a party or any gathering but just to alert the friends that gifts are expected.

Lastly, a comfortable or rich babe will never put people in a "tight corner" just because of gifts. Poor/broke babes are so desperate for gifts that they Dont even care the financial situation of those being asked. This is just beeeeeeeeeeeeed...

PS: I hold a reserved opinion that this is not the case generally especially outside the boundaries of "green white green" but when we talking about Nigerian babes, mehn this is different....

THESE ARE STRICTLY MY OPINIONS.

CC Lalasticlala MrLeno Fratermathy Ishilove
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:36am On Nov 11, 2015
Women from time immemorial have always been known to look up the social ladder; to a man who Is a provider. Wether broke, rich, or middle class, women get a certain emotional satisfaction when a man provides, most especially on special occasions.
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by eyeon(m): 8:39am On Nov 11, 2015
A begging type must always beg. Wether broke or not.
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Cutehector(m): 9:08am On Nov 11, 2015
Oboy I just dey distance myself from female frnds who dr birthdays fall in dis month cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 11, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Women from time immemorial have always been known to look up the social ladder; to a man who Is a provider. Wether broke, rich, or middle class, women get a certain emotional satisfaction when a man provides, most especially on special occasions.
Meaning its natural to them and it should not be seen a negative thing even when its clear you Dont have to give?
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2015
Cutehector:
Oboy I just dey distance myself from female frnds who dr birthdays fall in dis month cheesy
Lwkmd..... That's unfair... A goodwill message won't be bad.
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2015
eyeon:
A begging type must always beg. Wether broke or not.
Begging type?
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:30am On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Meaning its natural to them and it should not be seen a negative thing even when its clear you Dont have to give?
Thats why as a man, you should posess common sense, if you dont have, avoid dating, or let the situation of your domestic economy be known. Every woman has that natural feeling to be provided for, Other bitches are just fücking gold diggers grin.
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Cutehector(m): 9:30am On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Lwkmd..... That's unfair... A goodwill message won't be bad.
goodwill mesages like HBD, WULLNP...

So annoyin eh.. I feel like tearing the senda slapps..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by misspicy(f): 9:34am On Nov 11, 2015
OP i think you have gotten this Birthday gift thing all wrong....

what does birthday gift mean or stand for?

to me it is not the gift that matters but the personality of the giver and the aim....

Giving someone whether boy or girl is a gift is an act of remembrance,celebration etc

so It makes sense that one recieves gifts on ones birthday especially from loved ones as it shows that the birthday celebrant is remembered and celebrated but its not a must to recieve,its not a must to give but a girl or boy can subtly ask for it,eg its my birthday next week don't forget my gift o,it doesn't neccesarily mean she is broke,it means she wants something to remember you with eg freemanan gave me this portrait during my birthday in 1995 and i still have it 20 years later,meaning i cherish the gift freemanan gave me and it reminds me of him......

note anybody can announce their birthday it still does not mean they are broke,it could mean they want you to remember and make the day special for them....

my opinion
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 11, 2015
nope!!! Girls like sensible nonsense. Frankly though, it depends on the girl. Some girls, no matter how rich, demand a birthday gift. It's probably because they are lastborns/only girl and so they are used to gifts. Others don't really mind,
I think it's about personality, not class.

BTW : Why will you date a poor girl in the first place??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by obiorathesubtle: 10:47am On Nov 11, 2015
undecided sincerely, I think this is the gospel truth!
Moreover, op. Don't mind any bashing. The truth keeps people traumatised!
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by eyeon(m): 11:13am On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Begging type?
Some naturally like the act of begging... Yes, Begging type.
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Omotayor123(f): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan, how exactly do you plan to be Romantic undecided
I don enter one chance grin tongue
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
Omotayor123:
Freemanan, how exactly do you plan to be Romantic undecided

I don enter one chance grin tongue
Damn! I was hiding this thread from you grin
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
eyeon:
Some naturally like the act of begging... Yes, Begging type.
Never met any..... Wow...
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
misspicy:
OP i think you have gotten this Birthday gift thing all wrong....

what does birthday gift mean or stand for?

to me it is not the gift that matters but the personality of the giver and the aim....

Giving someone whether boy or girl is a gift is an act of remembrance,celebration etc

so It makes sense that one recieves gifts on ones birthday especially from loved ones as it shows that the birthday celebrant is remembered and celebrated but its not a must to recieve,its not a must to give but a girl or boy can subtly ask for it,eg its my birthday next week don't forget my gift o,it doesn't neccesarily mean she is broke,it means she wants something to remember you with eg freemanan gave me this portrait during my birthday in 1995 and i still have it 20 years later,meaning i cherish the gift freemanan gave me and it reminds me of him......

note anybody can announce their birthday it still does not mean they are broke,it could mean they want you to remember and make the day special for them....

my opinion
I understand and I stated it in my post. The thing is some ladies pick a grudge or quarrel when you Dont buy them gifts.... Its just wrong, thats it...
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by misspicy(f): 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan:

I understand and I stated it in my post. The thing is some ladies pick a grudge or quarrel when you Dont buy them gifts.... Its just wrong, thats it...
my point is whether a person maybe lady or guy because you cannot tell me only ladies do this decides to keep a grudge because of birthday gift,it doesn't mean they are broke or poor or doesn't have self worth....

besides i wonder when it became a crime to be broke or poor,is it a diseases,does it mean the person is not trying to make it?.....
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
undecided sincerely, I think this is the gospel truth!

Moreover, op. Don't mind any bashing. The truth keeps people traumatised!
Abi.... I got this from a first hand experience...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
SirWere:
nope!!! Girls like sensible nonsense. Frankly though, it depends on the girl. Some girls, no matter how rich, demand a birthday gift. It's probably because they are lastborns/only girl and so they are used to gifts. Others don't really mind,
I think it's about personality, not class.

BTW : Why will you date a poor girl in the first place??

What da fhuuuuuuuk...nigga you serious??
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
misspicy:

my point is whether a person maybe lady or guy because you cannot tell me only ladies do this decides to keep a grudge because of birthday gift,it doesn't mean they are broke or poor or doesn't have self worth....

besides i wonder when it became a crime to be broke or poor,is it a diseases,does it mean the person is not trying to make it?.....
Slow down love... You are changing the subject but let me indulge you.

Firstly, I think its more common with girls. My 10cents that you have never seen any guy picking a grudge for such triviality. No discrimination intended.

Secondly, being broke or poor is so wrong and bad.... It might not be your fault but you definitely ain't doing something right....

Lastly love, Dont change the subject grin
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by misspicy(f): 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Slow down love... You are changing the subject but let me indulge you.

Firstly, I think its more common with girls. My 10cents that you have never seen any guy picking a grudge for such triviality. No discrimination intended.

Secondly, being broke or poor is so wrong and bad.... It might not be your fault but you definitely ain't doing something right....

Lastly love, Dont change the subject grin
i still maintain that guys are not to be left out...i don't need to recount personal experience inorder to butress my point,this is just baseless stereotype you put up there

now i feel like punching you,in what way is been broke wrong? please lets not decieve ourselves this is Nigeria,do u mean to tell me we are all rich in this country?very funny,so poor people should feel bad because they are poor and who told you doing something about been poor is a days job and even doing something does it gaurantee that one will stop been poor? if we were all meant ti be rich in this life God wouldn't have created ''poor'' in the first place...yet this same guys accuse girls of going after rich men n leaving a poor man...smh you lot are confused...imagine he said been broke is wrong? in which law book...

lastly your post is targeted at broke/poor girls which has been d centre of my comments thankyou love undecided
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
misspicy
i still maintain that guys are not to be left out...i don't need to recount personal experience inorder to butress my point,this is just baseless stereotype you put up there

now i feel like punching you,in what way is been broke wrong? please lets not decieve ourselves this is Nigeria,do u mean to tell me we are all rich in this country?very funny,so poor people should feel bad because they are poor and who told you doing something about been poor is a days job and even doing something does it gaurantee that one will stop been poor? if we were all meant ti be rich in this life God wouldn't have created ''poor'' in the first place...yet this same guys accuse girls of going after rich men n leaving a poor man...smh you lot are confused...imagine he said been broke is wrong? in which law book...

lastly your post is targeted at broke/poor girls which has been d centre of my comments thankyou love

I'll be dammed... Look at that.... .

Well, it seems comprehension is the problem here. I Dont care if ladies decides to toll gold digging... All am saying is insisting on gift giving on your birthday is just wrong.

FYI... Being rich is not the alternative to being broke. Widen your horizon love.... All am saying is being poor is not natural... Capisce?
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
Cutehector:
goodwill mesages like HBD, WULLNP...

So annoyin eh.. I feel like tearing the senda slapps..
Hehehehehehe....
No wonder they voted you among the unromantic guys on NL.... Chai... You so beeeeeeeeeeiiid....
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
Here I was thinking freemanan was a gentleman gentle man..cry
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
Estharfabian:
Here I was thinking freemanan was a gentleman gentle man..cry
You thought wrong love... I am a normal guy grin

But you know I ain't saying nothing but the truth...
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Cutehector(m): 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Hehehehehehe....
No wonder they voted you among the unromantic guys on NL.... Chai... You so beeeeeeeeeeiiid....
wats unromanitc abt me? I can chose to be romantic this very instant 2 all d babes out dr so yall dnt hav any point...

So u say telln someone HBD on dr birthday is romantic? Really....wats hard for d person to spell d hbd in full and add some nice words to it... Shey 2moro na my bieday make I see anybody wey go tell me HBD WULLNp, I go finish d person life.
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
Cutehector:
wats unromanitc abt me? I can chose to be romantic this very instant 2 all d babes out dr so yall dnt hav any point...

So u say telln someone HBD on dr birthday is romantic? Really....wats hard for d person to spell d hbd in full and add some nice words to it... Shey 2moro na my bieday make I see anybody wey go tell me HBD WULLNp, I go finish d person life.

Yayyyyyyy.... PM me you number joor... You too big for mere NL wishes.... Hope Party dey?
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan:

You thought wrong love... I am a normal guy grin

But you know I ain't saying nothing but the truth...
That's really Not truecry Buh who needs A bday Gift? We could get anything we want whenever we want it...wink
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
Estharfabian:
That's really Not truecry Buh who needs A bday Gift? We could get anything we want whenever we want it...wink

Coughs.... Ermmmm

That's a tale of another day... grin

Woman's world cry
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
why should i ask it is your duty as a friend,boyfriend,family or foe to give me a birthday gift.And if you dont,who cares undecided. So far you don't forget to send greetings grin
Re: Is It Only Broke/poor Girls That Insist On Birthday Gift? by Cutehector(m): 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Yayyyyyyy.... PM me you number joor... You too big for mere NL wishes.... Hope Party dey?
e dey.. For nyt club... Number is at my profile..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is She Actually Looking For A Husband? / When It Is No More Working. / What Is The Best Way To End It??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.