Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,710 members, 7,889,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:52 AM

Feeling Used And Dumped! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Feeling Used And Dumped! (54083 Views)

I'm Feeling Depressed / Meet The Graduate Who Dumped Her Career To Make Money Flaunting Her Bum Online. / How I Was Used And Dumped By Eco Bank Through Their Outsourced Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
ma GOD HELP US D SItUAtION WE ARE FACING IN JOB EMPLOyMENt IS sometin else ma GOD HELPS US
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by magabounce(m): 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
I believe ur office has A.c computers and do likes!!! U know d rest na!!! Sell off d damn shii!!!
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
Iyanu ma sele
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by CIMA129: 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
start tinking outside the box,since been an employee is not working for u, start up something,but u still need prayer.

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by danton(m): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
Curses eh,
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by wisepluto(m): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
ujuvals:
I dont know if this is the best platform to express myself but i just want to cry out as there is power in the social media. I am a young girl of 27 years. I live with my dad in lagos, lost my mum 10 years ago and have been sustaining the family for a while now as my dad's business collapsed due to some circumstances. I am a graduate and very hardworking, i have worked in few places in the past but i want to say i haven't been lucky.

I worked with a transport company in ikeja as at feburary and after working for 3months we were asked to stop with no pay on the note that the company was collapsing and they had no money to pay staffers. It was so painful because i live at iyanoba and have to go through a whole lot of stress and pay up to 700 a day for transport to be at work despite we worked weekends. I felt so used but prayed to God to take control and judge them.

I got another job in september at ikeja i didn't want to take it because i had my fears about salary issue after my past experience but looking at the situation at home where they depended on me for survival i had to let go of my instincts and take the job. It was very stressful, the distance, the constant work on the system and sometimes starving just to be able to save up for transport. Despite the distance i always got to the office by 7:30am to resume 8:00am so you can imagine when i leave my house.

When it got to pay time, i was told my boss travelled and there was no talk on salary till after a long while. i also want to add that on one of those occasions i was going to work i was robbed and my phones taken from me, it was so painful but then its part of life. My female boss eventually took pity on me and paid me for September, i told her i would like to stop but she encouraged me to continue with the impression that i was just tested on my patience. I continued work and now halfway into this month of November i am yet to be paid for October.

The worst part is my boss has refused to show up at work, he avoids calls and sends no message. I eventually got across to him with a strange number and when he picked he said he has a lot of issues his going through but i can stop coming to work; just like that. I asked him for my pay and he said no money at the moment i should stop.

I really feel bitter as i have no one to fight for me and worse is i have debts i incurred in the process of going to work. How do i offset them and start again when am practically cashless. My monthly pay is 40,000 and it can't be too difficult for a man his caliber to pay but i feel he just wants to cheat me knowing there is nothing i can do.

Please nairalanders what do i do? i feel so bad, i don't even know what next to do as am so confused.

Why are the employers taking advantage of the jobless graduates and using them? How bad can it be for someone not working and then after working you get tossed in the bin? I want God to intervene but i need help. Please pardon any grammatical blunders and errors, as i am not in the right frame of mind.

Thanks.

Sincerely, your story moved me to tears. I could feel emotion in your write-up.
However, you'll need to know if this is how he treats other staffs. Also, if his staffs are married, how do they cope working for the organization.
If after getting this few info, you still don't see any future in the company. Please resign and part ways with them, as i hope you get paid your outstanding salary.
I trust God on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by DisGuy: 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2015
All these acting big men in our society with no sound business brain using cash to buy flashy cars and gadgets to show off instead of paying their workers and reinvesting in their business

Most of them will also be showcased as self employed/ entrepreneurial success stories not knowing they are using staff like donkeys

3 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
Inioluwa01:
OP, sincerely, I feel your pain. I just got out of something like that too, though mine seems a little tougher than yours. I worked for over 9months without no pay in one of the multinational Companies in the Country(tho franchised)under the excuse of 'the company is going through some financial stress bla bla bla ,and what did I get in return?...a blatant allegation that I was stealing his money. He went as far as requesting I drop my phones so he can check for alerts of 'diverted' payments from Customers. He didn't see anything and of course, wasn't satisfied. The height of the insult was calling my bank, where he happened to be a former staff, to request my account statement which the mumu accounts Officer gave to him, forgetting that it is against the ethics of the job. Of course, he didn't see anything. There and then, I made up my mind it was time to leave. It's till now, the best decision I have made in my life. So, cheer up....it's an experience gained. God will make ways of better places for you soon. Move on.

You have very good grounds to sue your former boss and the bank for harassment and invasion of privacy. I'm not a lawyer o but I think you need to check with one ASAP. The money won't come in tomorrow but it definitely be worth the sweat you put into his job. Biko, consult a serious lawyer.

Lawyers in the house, what do you think?
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by great664(m): 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
Inioluwa01:
OP, sincerely, I feel your pain. I just got out of something like that too, though mine seems a little tougher than yours. I worked for over 9months without no pay in one of the multinational Companies in the Country(tho franchised)under the excuse of 'the company is going through some financial stress bla bla bla ,and what did I get in return?...a blatant allegation that I was stealing his money. He went as far as requesting I drop my phones so he can check for alerts of 'diverted' payments from Customers. He didn't see anything and of course, wasn't satisfied. The height of the insult was calling my bank, where he happened to be a former staff, to request my account statement which the mumu accounts Officer gave to him, forgetting that it is against the ethics of the job. Of course, he didn't see anything. There and then, I made up my mind it was time to leave. It's till now, the best decision I have made in my life. So, cheer up....it's an experience gained. God will make ways of better places for you soon. Move on.
A bank staff gave him your account statement without an order from the court and you let the bank go free, wow, see millions missed, hmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Ephemmm: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

Oh dear, so sorry about what has happened. I will not try to rationalize what has happened to you, its very wrong and unfair. Your boss is a wicked person and should pay up for the job you have done, A laborer is worthy of his wages. Just let Karma do her job, she does it so well you'll be impressed. Please do we have a minister of labor and productivity? I have been reading a lot of abusive bosses stories lately. Something needs to be done about this.

The Office of the Public Defender of Lagos State is the first of its kind in Nigeria. The legal staff of the OPD, though government employees, launch and fight human rights suits against government agencies. And they do so vigorously.

The problem with them is that most of them don't usually handle cases with all seriousness. May be it is because it involve little or no returns. I have a lady whose employer sacked without paying her three months salary like that and the way of these so called Human Right Defending Agencies is handling the case seems absurd.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Vado(m): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
First thing first, a 27 year old isn't a young girl. I didn't read the rest.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by splashyii: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
May God help us in this country!

Are you a Working class busy wife, Bachelor, Student too busy to cook but love delicious Home made meals such as Okazi/Afang, Ogbono, Egusi, Bitterleaf, Jollof rice, Fried Rice, Stew etc Pls call: 07053133504 (within Lagos) PS We also make your meals for you in the comfort of your home.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by vincent72: 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
It's a pity my dear, just be patience and pray , God will change your situation, don't be discourage
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Osas001: 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
First let me apologize for how your Boss treated you, and I must say it would not be his intention to owe you or not pay salary, one thing I know for sure is that Nigeria as a country is evolving, and we as Nigerians as to envolve with the system or we will be left behind.

But my advice to prospective applicant of labour, Nigeria has gotten to the point that an employee income is supposed to be equivalent to his/her input to the progress of the company...

A billionaire once said at a seminar that if he's to pay an employee 40k per month, that such an employee shld make the company 400k a month..

I hope this sends the right message across..

ujuvals:
I dont know if this is the best platform to express myself but i just want to cry out as there is power in the social media. I am a young girl of 27 years. I live with my dad in lagos, lost my mum 10 years ago and have been sustaining the family for a while now as my dad's business collapsed due to some circumstances. I am a graduate and very hardworking, i have worked in few places in the past but i want to say i haven't been lucky.

I worked with a transport company in ikeja as at feburary and after working for 3months we were asked to stop with no pay on the note that the company was collapsing and they had no money to pay staffers. It was so painful because i live at iyanoba and have to go through a whole lot of stress and pay up to 700 a day for transport to be at work despite we worked weekends. I felt so used but prayed to God to take control and judge them.

I got another job in september at ikeja i didn't want to take it because i had my fears about salary issue after my past experience but looking at the situation at home where they depended on me for survival i had to let go of my instincts and take the job. It was very stressful, the distance, the constant work on the system and sometimes starving just to be able to save up for transport. Despite the distance i always got to the office by 7:30am to resume 8:00am so you can imagine when i leave my house.

When it got to pay time, i was told my boss travelled and there was no talk on salary till after a long while. i also want to add that on one of those occasions i was going to work i was robbed and my phones taken from me, it was so painful but then its part of life. My female boss eventually took pity on me and paid me for September, i told her i would like to stop but she encouraged me to continue with the impression that i was just tested on my patience. I continued work and now halfway into this month of November i am yet to be paid for October.

The worst part is my boss has refused to show up at work, he avoids calls and sends no message. I eventually got across to him with a strange number and when he picked he said he has a lot of issues his going through but i can stop coming to work; just like that. I asked him for my pay and he said no money at the moment i should stop.

I really feel bitter as i have no one to fight for me and worse is i have debts i incurred in the process of going to work. How do i offset them and start again when am practically cashless. My monthly pay is 40,000 and it can't be too difficult for a man his caliber to pay but i feel he just wants to cheat me knowing there is nothing i can do.

Please nairalanders what do i do? i feel so bad, i don't even know what next to do as am so confused.

Why are the employers taking advantage of the jobless graduates and using them? How bad can it be for someone not working and then after working you get tossed in the bin? I want God to intervene but i need help. Please pardon any grammatical blunders and errors, as i am not in the right frame of mind.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Femsyn(m): 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
Typical Nigerian entrepreneurs whose businesses are afloat through bank loans. Yet they are first to announce to the whole world how they have 50 staff UNDER them, but find it difficult to pay salaries.

Fact is, most entrepreneurs in Nigeria makes it look as if they are doing employees a favour by giving them their rights. Its pathetic!!! Yet, they gallivant everywhere as though all is well.

My dear sister, you'll have to move on, as it has become a norm.

7-8 out of 10 graduates working for entrepreneurs are often owed. Sometimes for months, such that employees would have to forgo the owed salaries for another place. And the cycle continues.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Ijaya123: 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
To start with, you should state the name of the company, where it is located and the name of your employer.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by debbydee(f): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
bsalawu:
I do feel your pain. you will need to move on for there is lot of hope for us. Since you stay around Iyanaoba, kindly send your cv to me. I can assist you to the firm i work with which is around your area. Kindly do so as soon as you can. Babatundesalawu13@yahoo.com. or you call me 08034154096. All is well.

this is better.

OP just move on. Getting a lawyer or going to public defender you will sped more money. Just get a job around your area.

God will help.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by CHARLOE(m): 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
@ op, i've bin there so i feel u, my only advice, aside going to d public defender to recover ur money, is to learn a skill DAT sells. Think of any area of interest n learn it. Am talking of somtin DAT can fetch u anytin from 20k to 200k profit from just 1 job/biz. Myself as an example, i was owed 2 months salary @ my last place of work (some 10yrs ago), left n started my own fotografy biz n never looked back since den. Today am an employer of labour n not doing badly.

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Shinatu: 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Inioluwa01:

You worked for 9months without pay and you want your boss to believe you were not stealing money from him?
I am not saying you stole his money o, but it will not be out of order to wonder how you survived for the 9months.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by drnelson: 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
[size=18pt]Nigerians are the worst employers....

we like to complain about the indians and the lebanese but we forget to look at ourselves.

working for a Nigerian means you are working like a slave with no pay for months.

just like our government jobs. no salary. [/size]
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by onlineadejoh(m): 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sorry for all the unfortunate circumstances that has befell you. Please don't let it weigh you down and wear you out, keep your head up and keep trying, the fact that previous employers treated you bad does not mean all employers must behave that way.

Meanwhile, you can approach the free human rights outlets out there to seek justice.

In all, try to be happy and maintain a positive mindset.

All the best!
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Kolade354(m): 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
menix:
What a wicked world but I Believe ur future is as bright as Kiwi White polish just that u re being prepared for the exalted sit..

I must ask, re u the only worker or u the only worker being owed..

Why I am asking is if there is nothing that can be sold in The office to offset ur salary or salaries cous that is what I will do..
All your post is just senseless.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by DeenLova: 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
ahabue111:
Pls take it easy dear, most employers are so so bad. It happens a lot in lagos. What is your discipline.
War against indiscipline.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by binkc(f): 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
my dear prayer is d key, if u can b able to pray endlessly to break some evil yolks. i beliv favour n grace will locate ur door

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by dopedealer(m): 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
so sorry dear. I feel for you. Your story really touched my heart. I like ur challenging spirit. It shows you are up to the task.How can I get intouch with you personally pls. Culd I send me an email or something. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by mrobruche: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2015
ujuvals:

Thanks.

Seek the help of a lawyer perhaps one who'll be empathetic and treat the case for free
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by fireforfire: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
whats his name n company name? make we shqme am here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls Wat Should I Do? I've Been Compelled Into A Serious Oath / Meet Maira Bashir El-Kanemi Who Started Flying Aircraft At 17 (Photos) / GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.