Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months (49261 Views)

Buhari Advertises For Sale Of 2 Presidential Jets As Crisis Hits Economy (Pics) / FG Spends N5bn On Presidential Fleet In 15 Months / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by kushma(m): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2015
U want make I snd u airtym for free chaai I db catch u be DAT oooo
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by ifyalways(f): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2015
Una no want baba 70 to enjoy small?

Haba wailers, let it go biko.

More air miles to BUbu cheesy
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Lucasbalo(m): 8:35am On Nov 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Smelly scum. Like someone told you up there, be gone!... You stink to the high heavens.

Almajiric scum. You've still not showed me what I asked for. Al-qaeda is on the way.
Living on less than $2 a day has damage your brain. I am not the source of your misery. You are foaming in the mouth while the people you are castigating are living large and you are dwelling in a hellhole infested with rats , mosquitoes and bugs. It is easy to hyperventilate when life is tough for you in a dungeon you reside. Get a life , you freaking Bozo.
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Goridoe(m): 8:36am On Nov 14, 2015
ok SEEN.... *next*
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by vislabraye(m): 8:36am On Nov 14, 2015
Koleman:
I hope you wailers are prepared to do this for the Next 4yrs? And do people even real at all. That post is not saying the president spent money on buying new air planes or incurring any extra expenses. Pls read out de first sentence. It is only spending that money to maintain the air planes bought by the previous administration. Maybe you still dont understand. Let me use a simple example to illustrate. "IF YOUr FATHER RENTS A DUPLEX FOR YOU AND Suddenly dies towards de expiration of the rent, when the time for payment comes, i wonder who is going to pay the rent? Now you have two choices, first choice is you bear the huge cost and pay the rent. Second option you agree the cost is to much and so you relocate to much more cheaper and affordable house. Now if am not mistaken one of the few promises made by buhari upon assumption of office is to sell some of the air planes so as to minimize cost. Now what i expect any rational mind to do is concentrate on reminding him of that promise! Now has baba forgotten?

So if the former administration squandered the resources, this administration should do the same Where is the change ?

6 Likes

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by godwin120alex: 8:37am On Nov 14, 2015
One comunlist asked in d newspaper dis week what PMB is still doing with d numerous Aircrafts. Meanwhile he is going about shouting dat NG is broke.May God save us from their deceipt

2 Likes

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Firefire(m): 8:37am On Nov 14, 2015
Buhary is a complete FRAUD.

7 Likes

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Utchman1: 8:37am On Nov 14, 2015
calebo101:
After deceiving the gullibles mostly in the North and South West. They do the complete opposite thing. I really feel for those youths that sold their votes over a plate of meal and 5k monthly grin. My condolences on the death of your Almajiri dreams cheesy

All campaign promises denied, undecided. ALL...... As it stands now we nor know the template the dullard dey use. No compass, no direction.

Read before commenting.
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Koleman(m): 8:38am On Nov 14, 2015
tafrica:

You're a goat, suffering and smiling.
Can you quote where anyone blamed Buhari for the purchase of the fleet. All the posts here only accuse him of not keeping his promise of selling the fleets off as he said.
Stop defending your demi-god blindlessly, it makes you look more stupid than you already are.
i wonder if you actually read what you quoted! Or is the tag wailer breaking your heart? Sorry no vex. I no know say e go vex you. Lol..
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 14, 2015
malton:

Fits your ideological priors so perfectly!

You're as literate but allow illiterates to dictate your fate? What good is your education, then?

You're helpless!

It's so unfortunate sharing same country with you guys I swear. Not be u I blame, na Lord Lugard. Most unfortunately you slaves are in the majority. It's painful honestly.

Abi u think say I get joy say me and u dey one country undecided. Hian.

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by SeverusSnape(m): 8:41am On Nov 14, 2015
Lucasbalo:
[s]Living on less than $2 a day has damage your brain. I am not the source of your misery. You are foaming in the mouth while the people you are castigating are living large and you are dwelling in a hellhole infested with rats , mosquitoes and bugs. It is easy to hyperventilate when life is tough for you in a dungeon you reside. Get a life , you freaking Bozo.[/s]

So this B00haristic Almajiri is still here. You type stuffs I don't even read. In the real life, I don't converse with low lifes, I also don't do the same online.

Ludicrous scum of sub-human filth.

Foolish junkie undecided

4 Likes

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Lucasbalo(m): 8:43am On Nov 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:

So this B00haristic Almajiri is still here. You type stuffs I don't even read. In the real life, I don't converse with low lifes, I also don't do the same online.

Ludicrous scum of sub-human filth.

Foolish junkie undecided
Crack head. You are so honked up on crack that you can't even show your weather beaten face. Anonymous punk trying to be relevant. Poverty damaged dimwit.
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by TonySpike: 8:43am On Nov 14, 2015
This news article is speculative. No independent source of expenditure(s) were consulted to do these estimations. What would it have cost Punch Newspaper to call the Presidency to confirm the actual expenditure on those planes? For those that swallowed this news - hook, line and sinker, I'd say you guys are rather gullible!

1 Like

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by jomoh: 8:44am On Nov 14, 2015
Koleman:
I hope you wailers are prepared to do this for the Next 4yrs? And do people even real at all. That post is not saying the president spent money on buying new air planes or incurring any extra expenses. Pls read out de first sentence. It is only spending that money to maintain the air planes bought by the previous administration. Maybe you still dont understand. Let me use a simple example to illustrate. "IF YOUr FATHER RENTS A DUPLEX FOR YOU AND Suddenly dies towards de expiration of the rent, when the time for payment comes, i wonder who is going to pay the rent? Now you have two choices, first choice is you bear the huge cost and pay the rent. Second option you agree the cost is to much and so you relocate to much more cheaper and affordable house. Now if am not mistaken one of the few promises made by buhari upon assumption of office is to sell some of the air planes so as to minimize cost. Now what i expect any rational mind to do is concentrate on reminding him of that promise! Now has baba forgotten?

Nope baba has not forgotten. He didn't ask the aviation to urgently come up with a National carrier for nothing.
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 14, 2015
I feel your pain and anger. Take heart.

SeverusSnape:

Then shut the _fuck up!!!

Take your useless advice to Somalia or better still Iraq. undecided
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by SeverusSnape(m): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Crack head. You are so honked up on crack that you can't even show your weather beaten face. Anonymous punk trying to be relevant. Poverty damaged dimwit.

You've been beaten blue black on here. Keep consoling your miserable self. It doesn't change the fact that B00HARI is a dull'ard who'll fail woefully. Yes, It's an anonymous forum, So you don't know me. And will never know me.

Smelly scum feeling funky online. Cocaine junkie. You must be a mohammedan... undecided
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by acegikmoqsuwy: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2015
Conceal the truth...U keep wallowing in extreme poverty
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by chronique(m): 8:52am On Nov 14, 2015
The PAF is worth over 77bn and would cost over 11bn to maintain,annually.

Anybody who sits down at home to blame the PDP's leadership at the center in the last 16yrs,for Nigeria's problems,is either suffering from acute memory loss,stupidity,or a combination of both. These days,I've noticed a trend by the APC,where they keep saying "Nigeria's problems are much and that it will take a lot of time to repair the damage that the PDP has done in 16yrs". This is an indirect attempt by the northern oligarchs to exonerate themselves and their kinsmen in the milliary,who ruled the country for years,and destroyed Nigeria. Unfortunately,there are zombies in the south who are readily available to spread this propaganda. These days,it's convenient for them to limit the destruction of Nigeria,to the 16 yrs of PDP rule. However,if the truth be told,this is it: "the kind of development Nigeria has witnessed in the last 16yrs(despite it being slow as compared to what it could have been without corruption),cannot be compared to the nonsense we had during the long periods of military rule,where the northerners had access to power for long periods of time,but couldn't do anything meaningful to move Nigeria forward;they only succeeded in looting the country dry. The truth can never be altered even if some people intentionally decide to forget about it.
MizMyColi:

Dude, how you lot go about defending this demi-god is brazenly bizzare.

Receive Sense In Jesus Name!

Shouldn't you be calling him out on the excess spending? Shouldn't you be doing your bit of nation building by reminding him that he doesn't need 10 aircrafts in the PAF and that prior to this time, he had hinted he'd sell em off?

Did you not read up there that a world power like Japan has just 2 aircrafts as their PAF?

Did Buhari not announce to the world that we are Broke?
Does it not leave more to be imagined?
TSA= 60 Billion Naira
PAF= 5.8 Billion Naira.

Where then is the change?
What exactly is this administration doing differently?

Same old sharp practices, Different Modus Operandi.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by solonazzy: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:

We know B00HARI will be president till 2019 or even 2023. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a dull'ard.
Wonders wnt end... A large no of his supporters 2day once supported GEJ.... N wen dey discovered he was incompetent, dey jumped ship....u r even seeing d evidence he'll b president if he decides to Contest till 2023... Isn't it pathetic a dullard is d most qualified candidate for president in Dis country?
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by SeverusSnape(m): 8:54am On Nov 14, 2015
solonazzy:

Wonders wnt end... A large no of his supporters 2day once supported GEJ.... N wen dey discovered he was incompetent, dey jumped ship....u r even seeing d evidence he'll b president if he decides to Contest till 2023... Isn't it pathetic a dullard is d most qualified candidate for president in Dis country?

That's because a large chunk of the population are dull'ard themselves. And majority carries the vote.
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by dustydee: 8:55am On Nov 14, 2015
ican2020:
The Federal Government may have spent about N5.8bn on the 10-aircraft Presidential Air Fleet it inherited from the former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, findings by Saturday PUNCH have shown.

The PAF is the third largest fleet in the country, coming after Arik Air and Aerocontractors Airlines which have 23 and 12 aircraft in their fleets respectively.

Other domestic airlines including FirstNation, MedView Airlines, Dana Air, Air Peace and Overland Airways have less than 10 aircraft each in their fleets.

According to calculations done from estimated data obtained from aviation parastatals and domestic airline operators in the country , President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration will have spent about $58.58m (N11.598bn) on running and maintaining the 10-aicraft presidential fleet by May 29 next year when it turns one year in office.

This means that the half of this amount, $29.29m (N5.799bn), is expected to have been spent in principle on the large fleet when administration turns six months in office by November 29.

According to findings, the PAF contains two Falcon 7X jets, two Falcon 900 jets, one Gulfstream 550, one Boeing 737 BBJ (Nigerian Air Force 001 or Eagle One), and Gulfstream IVSP.

Others are one Gulfstream V, Cessna Citation 2 and Hawker Siddley 125-800 jet.

Each of the two Falcon 7X jets were purchased in 2010 by the Federal Government for $51.1m, while the Gulfstream 550 costs $53.3m, a former Minister of Information, the late Professor, Dora Akunyili, had said.

The factory price of other aircraft in the fleet could not be obtained online. However, airline CEOs put the average price of Falcon 900 at $35m, Gulfstream IVSP at $40m, Gulfstream V at $45m, Boeing 737-800 (Boeing Business Jet) at $58m, Cessna Citation at $7m and Hawker Siddley 125-800 at $15m.

This brings a combined estimated value of Nigeria’s PAF to $390.5m (N77.319bn).

According to airline chief executives and industry experts, airlines spend between 15 and 20 per cent of the cost of an aircraft on its operation yearly. They say that averagely, a little less than one-fifth of the cost of the plane is spent every year on insurance, flight and cabin crew, maintenance, fuelling, catering and training.

Using the least figure of 15 per cent, it means that about $58.58m (N11.598bn) will be spent on the presidential fleet (which is valued at $390.5m or N77.319bn) when the new administration turns one year by May 29 next year.

Apparently, by November 29 when it turns six months in office, about half of this amount ($29.29m or N5.799bn) should have been budgeted for the running and maintenance of the planes.

Sources
http://punchng.com/fg-spends-n5-8bn-on-presidential-jets-in-six-months/

Foolish journalism based on speculation. More foolish are some of the people here who rather than read the article and comment based on the content decide to reach a baseless conclusion. And the nairaland moderator that moved this to the home page with a misleading title. I fear for the future of Nigeria if her young people have no brains of their own but believe everything they read on social media. God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by klax(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2015
fulaniHERDSman:

How do you define a wailer Its either you are of the prevellagencia or a stack idiiot. angry

Bro, he is an idiot not just an idiot but a complete full grown idiot.

I have said it and I still remain on it that Nigeria has make the biggest mistake of their lives by voting this dullard, confused fulani herdsman to power and the most satanic and the most useless party in the entire universe to power.

When God want to destroy a man He will make deaf his hears that is what is going on right now. The fools in the North and South sold their destiny for s plate of food plus 5,000k and yet still remain blinded till now. It's a sad situation that tinubu, Amaechi and Okorocha sold their people birth right and got scammed yet go on defensive. Come a 100 years I will not and never vote for apc or accept apc or belief in apc existence I see them as one of the last day 666 signal of doom from satanic kingdom.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2015
I've never seen or heard why the Presidency gives jets to legislative heads like the Senate President and Speaker except in Nigeria. If the Presidency toe the line of other countries and withdraw these jets, some foöl would wail, saying it's because Saraki, Dogara and their deputies were not the choices of the Presidency to head the NASS.

2 Likes

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by mightyokwy(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2015
rozayx5:

lalasticlala angry
Why calling lala on this issue. Truckpusher is making brain on this one. We knw when he is high on ikwere weed and when he is not.
These APC supporters and their masters are so pathetic. Thank God I never voted for this scam. The most hilarious thing I have ever had in my life is this 5k stippen. Is damn funny grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Abugab(m): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2015
Koleman:

You got the message but unfortunately many are already blaming the president for an inherited gbese.
I know for sure some of those planes will be used for national good such as revamping the national carrier and offloading them to the Nigeria Airways. These things are not done in one day and even if they were to be sold it won't happen in a giffy. Just hope some Nigerians will give themselves brain to see things rightly or better still, learn so they can be informed. Too many of them are deformed knowledge wise.

3 Likes

Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by homirefacuny(m): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2015
calebo101:
After deceiving the gullibles mostly in the North and South West. They do the complete opposite thing. I really feel for those youths that sold their votes over a plate of meal and 5k monthly grin. My condolences on the death of your Almajiri dreams cheesy

All campaign promises denied, undecided. ALL...... As it stands now we nor know the template the dullard dey use. No compass, no direction.

Agonies of a pained wailer grin
Re: FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months by Eggheaded(m): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2015
Buhari should convert some to nigeria airways as well as force the MDAs to utilize their aircraft judiciously.
Imagine if police, immigration and customs utilize the aircrafts, crime rate will reduce dramatically instead of blackmailling past goverment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Resign Now - FCT Indigenes Tell Wike, Protest At The National Assembly / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Zamfara State (Photos) / Fati Attahiru, Wife Of Chief-Of-Army Staff Dies In Kaduna Air Crash (False)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.