Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,925 members, 7,872,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:58 AM

Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) (59294 Views)

Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office / Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun / See Akure Mtn Office Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by ModiKen(m): 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
DaFlash:
.....Mean while in future news.

*Intense battle rages on between IPOB militants, bakassi boys and spliter group BLF(biafran libration front) over control of oilfields.

*UN states that over 5 Million IDP ibo refugees are present in Odua republic IDP camp, numbers keep growing by hundreds daily.

*US begins AFRICOM base in the failed autonomous region known as biafra to help humanitarian effort.

*odua republic voted as permanent UN security member for its wartime and humanitarian effort in the biafran war.

Endtime prophet! grin
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by veleta: 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
MTN honestly is disgusting.i knew d stress i went thru in August for their so called validation meanwhile, when it got to my turn, they confirmed that my registration was complete only for my sim to be deactivated yesterday.
They have been taking Nigerians for a ride.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by silkytouch(m): 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nigeria is a funny place, where whatever happens in/with one region of the country gives those in other regions ample opportunity to bash and make tribalistic comments. Those of you making unreasonable and generalizing comments about the Igbo tribe/SE becoming violent and all that, especially the lady that was first to comment on this post, who even went as far as saying she wouldnt date an Igbo guy even if she was paid to. I just pity our unborn generation because the hate seems to grow stronger with each passing generation.
Now for those uneducated comments, I ask you, do you actually know what happened there at that particular MTN office that got people so riled that they decided to start pelting the MTN office with stones and all whatnot? Imagine standing in the hot sun for hours just to get your line unblocked and not being attended to because the staff of that particular MTN office chose to attend to certain people based on "who they are" and then totally ignoring those who "arent anybody" nor know anybody in that office, you feel what am saying? If you dont appear rich and influential or have a commanding presence, you wont be allowed in and attended to, who you know became a yardstick for attending to customers because the number of people whose lines were blocked had grown so big and to make matters worse, the staff at the top floor office decided to pour water on these already aggrieved customers who have been standing in the sun. Imagine the disrespect, imagine the embarrassment, now imagine you were one of those people that water were poured on, imagine being insulted in such manner and tell me you wont react.

1 Like

Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Toneyo(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
IamMissMarvel:
Igbo's are slowly becoming like the North.

This Biafra protests these past weeks has made me realize that violence is not sectional.

The same Igbo's that are speaking against violence in the north have shown their violent side these past weeks.

If the north and east are agitating for Independence, what can I say if they are exhibiting the same traits?
The so called IPOB protests has led to the loss of lives already.

How can you resort to vandalism just cause you're aggrieved?

My suggestion, anyone caught should be made to pay damages.

Why are you so quick to vomit all these trash? Was it because it happened in the East?

The MTN office at Olojo drive, Ojo Alaba, Lagos, was also vandalised today by frustrated customers. The doors was shattered as well. The premises littered with stones and dirts.

Go do your findings, then call Lagosians violent people. I guess not!

1 Like

Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
DaFlash:
.....Mean while in future news.

*Intense battle rages on between IPOB militants, bakassi boys and spliter group BLF(biafran libration front) over control of oilfields.

*UN states that over 5 Million IDP ibo refugees are present in Odua republic IDP camp, numbers keep growing by hundreds daily.

*US begins AFRICOM base in the failed autonomous region known as biafra to help humanitarian effort.

*odua republic voted as permanent UN security member for its wartime and humanitarian effort in the biafran war.
mumu continue dey deceive urself yoruba he-goat.

my apologies to my yoruba brodas..dis guy is an idi0t
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Wazobia12(m): 12:07am On Dec 03, 2015
Poechichon:
Igbos ur worst enemy is not the northerners rather de yoruba. The own de media, the money and the hate omo ibo. They want to own everything in dis country. So If were u, just stop satisfying de yorubas. Reject anything apc also find a way and invest into media as well. Come together and stop hating one another. Reject dis evil called biafra. And try to play objective politics in Nigeria.

Eehyaa cry and i had high hopes for u oh till i read the trash dat u came of your mouth so u are quelling one hate to fuel anoda. How far u na!
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Reptyle(m): 12:07am On Dec 03, 2015
My fellow country men sha!!!

In one voice we rejoice that MTN was fined heavily for refusing to disconnect unregistered line as directed by NCC.

In the next we are trying to burn down MTN installations for complying with NCC directives.

Seems MTN can never get it right with us....I pity them.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by evisexxy(f): 12:13am On Dec 03, 2015
it also happened in benin city yesterday at akpakpava office, it's so stressful. Mtn should get their database thoroughly examined. It's well.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Cityguy: 12:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Someone said something couple of months back when they wanted to turn the heat on our amiable ex-president. Might not know exact words used but to paraphrase it- when you make peaceful change difficult, then violent change is inevitable. There's need to listen to voice of reason and call parties to a round table. This is not 1966. It's a different terrain now. Violence is never to be allowed to fester. Those who are concerned know themselves.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 03, 2015
An Igbo proverb says( in English) : When the moon shines, the crippled get hungry for a walk. This is what is happening in the SE. FG should please negotiate. Believe me, If a referendum is passed today, over 50% of SEasterners will still want to be Nigerians.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by uncleade(m): 12:51am On Dec 03, 2015
pls why are some Nigerians so poor in English?for example.many do not know the difference between THERE and THEIR.just go through the above text.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by uncleade(m): 1:05am On Dec 03, 2015
silkytouch:
Nigeria is a funny place, where whatever happens in/with one region of the country gives those in other regions ample opportunity to bash and make tribalistic comments. Those of you making unreasonable and generalizing comments about the Igbo tribe/SE becoming violent and all that, especially the lady that was first to comment on this post, who even went as far as saying she wouldnt date an Igbo guy even if she was paid to. I just pity our unborn generation because the hate seems to grow stronger with each passing generation.
Now for those uneducated comments, I ask you, do you actually know what happened there at that particular MTN office that got people so riled that they decided to start pelting the MTN office with stones and all whatnot? Imagine standing in the hot sun for hours just to get your line unblocked and not being attended to because the staff of that particular MTN office chose to attend to certain people based on "who they are" and then totally ignoring those who "arent anybody" nor know anybody in that office, you feel what am saying? If you dont appear rich and influential or have a commanding presence, you wont be allowed in and attended to, who you know became a yardstick for attending to customers because the number of people whose lines were blocked had grown so big and to make matters worse, the staff at the top floor office decided to pour water on these already aggrieved customers who have been standing in the sun. Imagine the disrespect, imagine the embarrassment, now imagine you were one of those people that water were poured on, imagine being insulted in such manner and tell me you wont react.
in a so call civilized community,nothing justifies such barbaric act.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 03, 2015
IamMissMarvel:

This Biafra protests these past weeks has made me realize that violence is not sectional.

The same Igbo's that are speaking against violence in the north have shown their violent side these past weeks.

If the north and east are agitating for Independence, what can I say if they are exhibiting the same traits?

Is the violence in the NE justifiable? When you react to something that is unfair and unjust, IT IS NOT CALLED VIOLENCE! So stop displaying your GROSS STUPIIDITY on a public forum
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Noblethony(m): 2:12am On Dec 03, 2015
Very silly network....and the worst part is that if you load airtime,it will enter but you can't make or receive calls
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by nobilis: 2:34am On Dec 03, 2015
Reptyle:
My fellow country men sha!!!

In one voice we rejoice that MTN was fined heavily for refusing to disconnect unregistered line as directed by NCC.

In the next we are trying to burn down MTN installations for complying with NCC directives.

Seems MTN can never get it right with us....I pity them.

I'm sorry, sir.
Are you okay?
Have you read through all the posts on here before making this your silly comment?

Was it NCC directive that people whose lines have been registered (severally, in some cases) should be disconnected?

Is it that you don't understand the frustration people have been trying to express on this thread or u just chose to be plain stupid and decided to expose your foolishness for the whole world to see.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by nobilis: 2:38am On Dec 03, 2015
uncleade:
in a so call civilized community,nothing justifies such barbaric act.

Okay. Please tell me, in a civilised community, what justifies making someone stand for hours on end in the sun to register his sim only to have it blocked on account of incomplete registration.

Please justify that for me.

Or is justification in your civilised community one-sided?
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by ihedioramma: 4:45am On Dec 03, 2015
IamMissMarvel:

it is the igbo's that came back from north will teach them this.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Queengal: 5:27am On Dec 03, 2015
Very good
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by amtaken(f): 5:27am On Dec 03, 2015
The loss of lives you were referring to, was it done by the peaceful protesters or by JTF?

How can you compare a peaceful protest to terrorism?

Tribal bigot.
IamMissMarvel:

Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by pasol4real(m): 5:46am On Dec 03, 2015
IamMissMarvel:

U are very very stewpid comparing the igbos n the North. That they hav bin protesting in sevveral states without violence for many weeks Shows how civilised the igbos are.they were even recently given an award by the guinnes book of records.in any case that it turned violent was the fault of the useless JTF n Police men who Killed innocent civillians without provocation.
Believe u me even the swiss or americans wud hav done worse.

1 Like

Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by awa(m): 5:47am On Dec 03, 2015
All the Igbo states Governors should come together with aim of arresting this latest issue of violence ravaging the region.
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by NickD(m): 6:00am On Dec 03, 2015
IamMissMarvel:

Not even in my dreams, not even if I'm paid to date one.
And no Igbo guy in his right senses would want to have anything to do u. mtcheeeeww. It's people like u that end up marrying the same people they detest. I'm sure your ex was igbo and must have dumped ur silly ass that's y u would make such unguarded comments.

1 Like

Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by monchinoz: 6:04am On Dec 03, 2015
Last Days...
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by 400billionman: 6:10am On Dec 03, 2015
IamMissMarvel:

Let me tell you what MTN did on wednesday. I received a text from MTN on sunday that my line will be disconnected by monday due to incomplete registration. But the same issue came up before the popular fine on them by NCC and i duly went and registered at their office a second time about last 2 months.

By 1am wednesday morning, they have disconnected my line. I ignored them since i hadnt the time but the size of crowd i saw on my way infront of their office made me realize i wasnt alone.

Right now, they have reconnected that line again. I am posting with it.

1 Like

Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by AyoolaIgwe(m): 6:16am On Dec 03, 2015
hakeem4:
Mtn na whack line

I remember the time I was using mtn for my jamb dubs , I failed woefully grin grin grin grin
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 03, 2015
Igbos the terrorists, and haters of peace on a clueless motion
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by AyoolaIgwe(m): 6:21am On Dec 03, 2015
TeamSimple:
The people from the bEAST are gradually loosing their sanity.
If it were to be in the north this thread would have gotten to page 9,because the children of hate and religious frustration would have relate the incident to their religion.

NB who takes them serious anyway.

I understand ur frustration, Mr Nobody!
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by AyoolaIgwe(m): 6:22am On Dec 03, 2015
themejiwalker:
Whats their grievance?
end time question
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by AyoolaIgwe(m): 6:23am On Dec 03, 2015
damton:
h

like seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised if I see someone strap bombs on his waist donning the flag of Biafra and blow up National monuments

in ur dreams ok? #garrulous
Re: Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) by AyoolaIgwe(m): 6:26am On Dec 03, 2015
99billiondollar:
Igbos the terrorists, and haters of peace on a clueless motion

lolzzzzz... no kill yourself oooo! Go find something to do, I can imagine how frustrated u are with ur low life. don't worry, death is on d way... #garrulous

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Best Phone To Buy With A Budget Of N40k? / BEWARE (for Those Using Whatsapp Wiki Search) / Free Iphone Network Carrier And Country Check Via Imei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.