Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,001 members, 7,927,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:43 AM

The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) (25454 Views)

Football Transfer Deadline Day 2013 - Live Updates / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / The 2009/10 UEFA Champions League Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
biina:

This rivals the Ibra deal as the worst deal of the summer
£20 million for someone still showing potential at 25yrs and so injury probe that he played just 20 games last season, and has averaged less than 25 in recent years, is stupidity.
I guess tey need ed to replace kewell undecided
No Let barca fans catch u oooo. Dey go chop u alive grin cheesy
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2009
chic2pimp:

[b]No Let barca fans catch u oooo. Dey go chop u alive grin cheesy
Anybdy with common sense knows it was a bad deal, and they only did it to get rid of eto and compete with Madrid.
They have had to increase Messi's salary just to keep things balanced and (according to pep) can't afford to sign preferred targets.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
u be mumu
na Nov. we go know who sabi spend cool
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 7:17am On Aug 06, 2009
dayokanu:

FBS,

What did Van Gaal Say about Tymoschuk can you bring a quote from the coach and not some reported statement.
reported kini?

Here is your answer:
biina:

He said Van Bommel was captain and first choice ahead of Tymoschuk i.e. Tymoschuk gets the bench.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=665071&cc=5901
According to LvG, "He cannot play in his best position in our system,'' admitted Van Gaal. "That is where Van Bommel plays. He could play on the right, but I have chosen Hamit Altintop for there. Every player is compared to his rivals and the coach makes the decisions.''
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Phony200(m): 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2009
Biina
Sleeping on duty. No updates today? Anyway, Huntelaar's moved to Ac Milan from Madrid. Quality signing for once by Milan given the rumors of insolvency and inability to afford quality players.
Newcastle's clearout continues with Habib Beye moving to Hull City
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by cheatmaker: 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2009
Spain is really on fire now. It will be real vs barca
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Phony200(m): 10:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
Hull City continues as the main player in the window today. They've also signed our own Seyi Olofinjana from Stoke city and Jay Altidore from Villareal.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Borat1: 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2009
Who wants to be involved in a relegation scrap again? grin as for newcastle lipsrsealed
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 1:49am On Aug 07, 2009
Milan Sign Klaas Jan Huntelaar From Real Madrid
Milan have announced the signing of Real Madrid striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar.
Earlier this morning Rossoneri general manager Adriano Galliani confirmed that an agreement had been reached with Real Madrid for the frontman, and the official confirmation has now arrived.
A statement on Milan's official website reads:
"A.C. Milan communicate they have reached an agreement with Real Madrid for the purchase of striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.
"The Dutch footballer will be subjected to the medical checks tomorrow, after which he will sign a contract which will keep him at the Rossoneri club until 30 June 2013."
Goal.com understands that Huntelaar has signed a four-year contract with the San Siro club. The transfer fee Milan have paid Real Madrid is believed to be €15 million.
This represents Milan's first significant signing of the summer. The Italian giants had made no secret of their intention to buy a top-class striker, and they will now be hoping that Huntelaar proves to be that man.
The 25-year-old, who only joined Real Madrid from Ajax in January for €20m, scored eight goals in 20 games for the Blancos before being deemed surplus to requirements following the return as president of Florentino Perez this summer.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/08/06/1425237/official-milan-sign-klaas-jan-huntelaar-from-real-madrid
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 1:51am On Aug 07, 2009
Milan Slam Chelsea’s Persistence Following Addition Of Essien To Pirlo Offer
Chelsea have been strongly linked with Andrea Pirlo, the Milan playmaker, over the past few weeks; however, the Rossoneri recently confirmed that their World Cup-winning midfielder was off the market.
Despite this, there have been some rumours floating around speculating that the Blues have added a further enticement to their bid for the ex-Inter player.
Michael Essien is the man that could go the other way if the Italian giants were to agree to this deal, but according to the latest words of Adriano Galliani, this will not be taking place.
“Chelsea have raised their offer by adding Essien? Pirlo has been removed from the market, so not even this would be considered,” the vice-president of the Rossoneri stressed to Corriere dello Sport.
“The matter is now closed.”
The London-based outfit are among the early favourites to take home this season’s English Premier League title; however, they are still keen to bolster their squad in the lead-up to the new campaign starting next weekend.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Phony200(m): 2:25am On Aug 07, 2009
Tottenham have agreed a deal with Newcastle for Sebastian Bassong
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mykali(m): 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2009
biina:

Milan Slam Chelsea’s Persistence Following Addition Of Essien To Pirlo Offer
Chelsea have been strongly linked with Andrea Pirlo, the Milan playmaker, over the past few weeks; however, the Rossoneri recently confirmed that their World Cup-winning midfielder was off the market.
Despite this, there have been some rumours floating around speculating that the Blues have added a further enticement to their bid for the ex-Inter player.
Michael Essien is the man that could go the other way if the Italian giants were to agree to this deal, but according to the latest words of Adriano Galliani, this will not be taking place.
“Chelsea have raised their offer by adding Essien? Pirlo has been removed from the market, so not even this would be considered,” the vice-president of the Rossoneri stressed to Corriere dello Sport.
“The matter is now closed.”
The London-based outfit are among the early favourites to take home this season’s English Premier League title; however, they are still keen to bolster their squad in the lead-up to the new campaign starting next weekend.

Music to my ears. wink
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2009
On transfers. . .rather hilarious!

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
Premier League - Cattermole joins Sunderland
Sunderland have completed the signing of Wigan midfielder Lee Cattermole for £6 million.
The Black Cats have agreed a four-year deal for the combative 21-year-old, who will link up with former Latics boss Steve Bruce at the Stadium of Light.
Cattermole will go straight into the squad for Sunderland's Barclays Premier League opener against Bolton on Saturday.
The former Middlesbrough youth team player, signed by Bruce for Wigan in a £3.5m deal in July 2008, becomes Sunderland's fifth signing of the summer after Darren Bent, Lorik Cana, Fraizer Campbell and Paulo da Silva.
Cattermole made 69 first-team appearances for Middlesbrough and featured in 33 Premier League games in his lone season at Wigan. Latics manager Roberto Martinez admitted his disappointment at losing the services of the England U21 international.
"The fee is a good one," said Martinez. "It is far more than the club paid for him last year and the third highest in Wigan Athletic history.
"The initial offer from Sunderland was unacceptable as we said at the time, but they have now matched our valuation.
"The speculation about Lee has refused to go away over the last few weeks and this has been very unsettling for him and for our players.
"It became clear over the past days having spoken to Lee that he wanted to leave and it is very disruptive to the group when a player is clearly unhappy.
"My number one priority has to be the good of the club and it left me with a decision to make, I therefore agreed to the move for the good of the players we have at the club and who want to remain with us and help us progress to the next level."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/12082009/58/premier-league-cattermole-joins-sunderland.html

Wasnt the guy rumored to be on Rafa's radar?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2009
Hunte to Milan. . . . not a bad move for both clubs - both are in dire need of some form of inspiration!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2009
Phony200:

Hull City continues as the main player in the window today. They've also signed our own Seyi Olofinjana from Stoke city and Jay Altidore from Villareal.

What the Bleep is this young man thinking about signing for STOKE shocked shocked c'mon Jay boy, you can do a whole lot better - I'd rather be a bench-warmer in La Liga than this!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 8:05am On Aug 17, 2009
France international Franck Ribery says the door is closed on a move from Bayern Munich, despite reported interest from Spain and England.

"I never said I wanted to leave to Real Madrid. If I wanted to leave, I would have announced it," said Ribery.

"The doors are truly closed. My bosses really want me to stay."

"What bothers me is that I never spoke," said Ribery. "Newspapers invent a lot of things. I can't prevent clubs from making offers. Moreover, there wasn't just Real. There were also Barcelona, Manchester United and Chelsea.

"What I can tell them is that today I am still at Bayern."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8204229.stm
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Borat1: 8:34am On Aug 17, 2009
My friend wake up!
Wasnt it the same old lies we were being fed by ronaldo and kaka, both targets and eventual purchases of Madrid?
Your man Scarface is being sought by madrid, he wants to go to madrid, he will go to madrid.
I guess he is tired of the MEDIOCRITY that is Bayern.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 8:38am On Aug 17, 2009
Who says Ribery should not go to Madrid or wherever? He has a contract with Bayern till 2011 after that he can go to wherever. Just like Ballack

We are not in debt hence no one can force our hand to sell and we are not the plaything of a sugardaddy whose billion dollar experiment is yet to bring a Champions League trophy.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 9:09am On Aug 20, 2009
Former Real Madrid Full Back Michel Salgado Signs For Blackburn Rovers
Blackburn Rovers have completed the signing of Michel Salgado on a two-year deal.
The former Real Madrid full-back was released by the Spanish giants in the summer and reports suggest he has had to prove his worth to the Ewood Park board.
Sky Sports News reports that Salgado, who has over 50 caps for Spain, had to prove his fitness before Rovers would complete the deal.
The signing of the thirty-three-year-old echoes back to manager Sam Allardyce's spell at former club Bolton Wanderers.
Allardyce completed the signing of former Real Madrid stars Youri Djorkaeff and Ivan Campo as well as flair player Jay Jay Okocha.
The signing helped Allardyce transform bolton from relegation candidates to European contenders and he appears to have embarked on the same trick once again.
Salgado made over 250 appearnces in his decade at The Bernabeu and has openly admitted his desire to play in England.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2009
Everton accept Lescott bid
Everton have confirmed they have agreed a fee with Manchester City for the sale of defender Joleon Lescott.
The England international is expected to undergo a medical on Monday after City finally came up with a bid which met the Merseysiders' valuation of the player.
Having rejected two previous offers - the first about £18million - Everton are reported to have accepted £24million from City for Lescott.
Toffees boss David Moyes was unhappy that the Eastlands club, bankrolled by Abu Dhabi's multi-millionaire Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, were not prepared to pay what he thought was the going rate from the outset.
Asked if the Lescott deal was well advanced the Everton boss said following Sunday's 1-0 Barclays Premier League defeat at Burnley: "If they (City) say they are quite far on I'm sure they are. But we shouldn't have been asked to wait this length of time for an amount of cash we think was the correct value for the player.
"Real Madrid came in with the money (£80million for Cristiano Ronaldo) for Manchester United the week after the end of the season. If the money had been offered in June it would have been a lot easier for us. The time is against us (to find a replacement)."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23082009/63/everton-accept-lescott-bid.html
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by MrCrackles(m): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2009
^ Finally the protracted Lescott transfer party of the summer is nearing a fucking conclusion. . .
Lescott is an idiot for not being professional enough throughout the whole saga!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2009
Hughes is a bigger idiot if he pays £24million for a defender of Lescott's quality.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by MrCrackles(m): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2009
biina:

Hughes is a bigger idiot if he pays £24million for a defender of Lescott's quality.
There is no way Lescott is worth more than £10milli!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by vikiviko(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2009
Now i know City got money .

Lescott is too much for that amount.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2009
biina:

Sir, Hughes doesn't buy players.

He informs the club's hierachy of his choice. Now it's there job to go and get him.
At what price they get him is not his business.

Chelsea, Arsenal, manure have all paid over the odds for players at some point.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by MrCrackles(m): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2009
Manchester City is getting taken for a mug because other teams know they have the dosh to fritter away recklessly!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by kaypumpin2(m): 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2009
The second transfer(Lescott) after the Ibra-Etoo transfer that seem preposterous to me.
Lescott and £24million shouldnt be mentioned in the same breathe but then. . . . lipsrsealed
Plus i am sure Hangeland and Upson will do better and they cost less. . . Oh well undecided
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Sauron1: 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2009
kay_pumpin:

The second transfer(Lescott) after the Ibra-Etoo transfer that seem preposterous to me.
Lescott and £24million shouldnt be mentioned in the same breathe but then. . . . lipsrsealed
Plus i am sure Hangeland and Upson will do better and they cost less. . . Oh well undecided

He is an English player. . . . .
Theo Walcott was £12 milla. . . . .an untested teenage Arrow from Southampton. . . .
If you consider the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo was acquired with the same amount, then you shouldn't lose sleep over Lescott.

SWP to Chelsea(£21 million), Glen Johnson(£18 million). . . .Should i go on?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by kaypumpin2(m): 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

He is an English player. . . . .
Theo Walcott was £12 milla. . . . .an untested teenage Arrow from Southampton. . . .
If you consider the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo was acquired with the same amount, then you shouldn't lose sleep over Lescott.

SWP to Chelsea(£21 million), Glen Johnson(£18 million). . . .Should i go on?

Oh yeah, i forgot to add that he is English. . . . bunch of over-rated tossers.
You will agree with me that SWP purchase then was due to Chelsea infamous profligacy and Glen's,Benitez's tactless foray in the transfer market.

As per Theo,he's worth every penny cos of his pace. . . . tongue grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Sauron1: 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Oh yeah, i forgot to add that he is English. . . . bunch of over-rated tossers.
You will agree with me that SWP purchase then was due to Chelsea infamous profligacy and Glen's,Benitez's tactless foray in the transfer market.

Man City have started where Chelsea stopped as far as profligacy is concerned.

As per Theo,he's worth every penny cos of his pace. . . . tongue grin

If Ronaldo was bought for £12 million then Theo should be valued @ £120,000.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2009
Kai dis transfer amount is disgraceful undecided undecided undecided. Nesta cost 19m,ferdinand 29.1m,thuram 22m,carvalho 19.5m. These players were in the elite league of defenders b4 a club paid that sought of amount for them. Lescott would not make it in the top 50 best central defenders in the world right now. Sad times sad sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Tranmere Rovers Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (0 - 6) On 26th January 2020 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4 - 2) On 19th January 2023 / Club Brugge Vs Manchester United: Europa League (1 - 1) Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.