Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,975 members, 7,927,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 04:20 AM

The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) (25449 Views)

Football Transfer Deadline Day 2013 - Live Updates / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / The 2009/10 UEFA Champions League Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2009
Abeg make we hear word jor . One year or no one year eto'o is not currently worth 5 million euros. Ibra is a disgrace and a fraud. Wot other word can I use for a supposed top class striker who at 27 soon to be 28 years old has only just passed the 20 goal a season benchmark.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2009
dayokanu:

What did the presence of Buffon, Canavaro, Del piero Trezeguet, Nedved and other world class star did to Ibra in Juve? 7 goals in 35 Matches right?

A taller version of Berbasulk in Nou Camp. They are the same age and Etoo is far more accomplished
thank u jare. Let them keep spittting out their dummies and giving crazy excuses why ibra is a failure. May i also add that at ajax dis guy bottled it in da champions league. Before u guys say its only ajax pls check out da list of players he had as his teamates. Finally as dk pointed out why do ppl think eto'o is older than ibra. Both were born in the year 1981 with the only difference being that eto'o birth month is march while ibra is october making him only 6 months older. Ibra is a choker and only started to shine in serie a when it became weaker league.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2009
Why Ibrahimovic is ace
Tue Jul 28 08:55AM

It is the transfer coup of the century. In flogging Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Barcelona, Internazionale have managed to offload a problem player, and have received one of the greatest strikers in the world, Samuel Eto'o, plus a massive suitcase full of cash and the use of Alex Hleb for a season.

Barcelona have taken leave of their senses and will now combust faster than a firework at a petrol station.

It is a popular view. Even the Observer's normally excellent Paul Hayward has dismissed Ibrahimovic as: "A Serie A myth who should not be allowed anywhere near the new European champions."

Eto'o is the ruthless assassin who snuffed out Manchester United's Champions League challenge, and formed the focal point of the world's most devastating attack.

Ibrahimovic is the temperamental, inconsistent enigma who has filled his boots in an inferior and discredited league, but struggled to perform on the big stage.

That is the theory. And it is absolute rubbish.

Early Doors doesn't know whether Ibrahimovic is worth £40 million plus Eto'o and a bit of Hleb, but he is undoubtedly one of the world's best players, and anyone who believes otherwise simply isn't looking hard enough.

So, let's explode some myths.

1 - La Liga is a huge step up from Serie A

Barcelona are better than Internazionale, no doubt. But are they playing in a superior league? Absolutely not.

Serie A's finest teams might not be as good as they were, but the general standard is just as good as in Spain, where the quality fades horribly in the lower reaches.

The fact that Barcelona scored 105 goals in 38 Liga games says as much about the defending of most Spanish sides as it does about the Catalans' attacking firepower.

Barca scored only three more league points than Inter last season yet scored very nearly a goal a game more.

That suggests there is more than a little cannon fodder in the lower reaches of the Liga table - cannon fodder like Sporting Gijon, who shipped a massive 79 goals and were not even relegated.

For pity's sake, the minute Diego Forlan and Fredi Kanoute touched down on Spanish soil, they transformed into the second comings of Ferenc Puskas and Eusebio.

2 - Ibrahimovic is too temperamental to be any good

Ibrahimovic might be outspoken but he is not noted for clashing with his team-mates or managers. Well, not since he and Mido fought each other with scissors at Ajax, anyway.

He was open about wanting to leave Inter for pastures new, but in a measured, reasonable way. Compare Zlatan's approach with the histrionics of Carlos Tevez, and make your own conclusions over who is the volatile one.

Eto'o is no saint either. He had a training-ground bust-up with coach Pep Guardiola in January and is prone to the odd barbed quote.

Simply put, Ibrahimovic is the kind of player Brits hate. Just because he looks languid, he is pigeon-holed as an inconsistent underachiever. Never mind the fact that he plays like a more skilful Didier Drogba.

3 - He has never performed on the big stage

This one is hard to refute, but only if you replace 'big stage' with 'when English people are watching'.

True, Ibrahimovic hardly covered himself in glory against Manchester United in last season's Champions League, and his overall record in Europe (18 goals in 66 games) is not great.

It is also the case that he performed poorly at Euro 2008, although he was carrying an injury and at least managed to get there, which is more than can be said for Wayne Rooney.

The problem is that few Brits watched him score twice on the final day of the 2007/08 season to win the Scudetto for Inter; significant big-match heroics.

And just because nobody saw the moments of magic that won him Serie A's 2008 Player of the Year award, plus the 2008/09 goal of the season and Capocannoniere titles, that doesn't make them any less valid.

The bottom line is that Ibrahimovic is a more complete player than Eto'o, he won't spend a month of this season at the African Cup of Nations and, most crucially, he wants to be at Barcelona.

Like Francesco Totti, he is the kind of player that just happens to rub British fans up the wrong way, but few can truly doubt he is a special talent.

While the Catalans might not have got themselves a bargain, Ibrahimovic has all the credentials to be a huge success at the Camp Nou, and stick it to his critics.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors/article/186277/

Here's an analysts take on Ibra's move. . . . he does have some valid points there!? what do you think
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2009
@Ruudie

Etoo has scored against all the big teams he played against

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Lyon, Bayern, AC Milan all conceded to Etoo

I need just two big teams in the CL that Zlatan has scored against Just two ok start from one.

Thats what the media from soccernet to bbc have to write about Zlatans performance in BIG games
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2009
Eto, Hleb and 45mil
Ibra ain't worth it.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by folahann(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2009
i really hope Barca live to regret this they have done. Ibraca is no better than Eto'o and he(IB) is also injured. Can't believe they lost 40m and their prolific goal scorer.
What was Barca thinking?!

dayokanu:

@Ruudie

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Lyon, Bayern, AC Milan all conceded to Etoo

I need just two big teams in the CL that Zlatan has scored against Just two ok start from one.

Thats what the media from soccernet to bbc have to write about Zlatans performance in BIG games

really happy to see that, DK is improving
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2009
dayokanu:

@Ruudie

Thats what the media from soccernet to bbc have to write about Zlatans performance in BIG games .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Thank u again dk. We can all write long stories to support our favourite players however when this stories are based on sentiments not facts it begins to sound funny. Marco vaio scored 24league goals in serie a last season one less than ibra. The only difference is that he was playing for bologna

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

Eto, Hleb and 45mil
Ibra ain't worth it.
SIMPLE AS THAT.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2009
La Liga is more competitive than both EPL and Serie A. The margin between the top teams and the bottoms teams are much less.

looking at the point spread
EPL:
Winner 90pts
4th 72pts
Relegation 34pts

La Liga
Winner 87 pts
4th 67pts
Relegation 42pts

Serie A
Winner 84 pts
4th 68pts
Relegation 33pts

La Liga is the only one where you get relegated with 40+pts
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Phony200(m): 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2009
Biina,
that's so suprising. 42pts? 2 questions; Is that for the team bottom of the league and how does that statistic compare over the last 5 seasons?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2009
Thats for the highest of the 3 relegated teams. Often the guy at the bottom is decided very early in the season and usually stops fighting the coming relegation. The highest of the relegated teams puts in his best for the better part of the season and is often not decided until the last matchday and thus it is a better measure of the quality of teams that get relegated.

For La Liga in the past 5 seasons
2008/09: 42pts
2007/08: 42pts
2006/07: 39pts
2005/06: 39pts
2004/05: 37pts

In the same time span, the highest number of points for a relegated team in the EPL was 38pts.

Add the fact that EPL champions often have 90+pts while La Liga winners are usually in the 80s and one can see that the margin between top and bottom is much less in La Liga when comapred to EPL and thus the league is more competitive.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2009
@ biina Dayo,

personally I think Ibra is grossly over-rated and that Barca are sorta short-changed from this deal and I also feel badly for Eto'o. . . .  but that guy who wrote that article did score a few points sha. Anyways, I want RM to cop La Liga just to rub shyte in Barca's face!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2009
That article is BS. It didnt compare Ibra to Eto'o, which was the relevant comparism but rather compared Ibra to selected players in selected areas.
- The fact that eto'o scored and Barca put two past the full ManU defence in one game, while Ibra and Inter couldnt score against their depleted versions over two legs shows the difference in attacking power of the players and the clubs.
- He talks about eto'o's bust up with pepe in January but forgot that Pep had tried to sell samuel the prior summer and the relationship had been poor from the word go. Pep fired the first Salvo, not eto'o
Yet he forgot to mention Ibra issues like his allegedly hurting Ajax team mate VDV intentionally, his  '70M euros Madrid bid' publicity stunt, his forceful extrication from juventus, and his high wage demands at inter.
- He never rebutted that Ibra has never performed on the big stage annd only tried to excuse it by making comaprisms to other players.

Barca got rimmed, and it is as simple as that.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by hustler(m): 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2009
Like i've been saying for some time now, lets wait and see. Ibra did it almost by himself at Inter. When you look at the telepathic partnerships he had with players there, it was almost non-existent, save for Maicon on rare occassions.

Now surrounded by Xavi,Iniesta,Messi and Henry, somebody is insinuating that he will flop. Time will tell. Looking at his early Serie A career. we can say that he didn't really kick off his goal scoring exploits with consistency but he won best serie a foreign footballer in his first season when he netted 16 goals,

His quality and all round play was enough for Capello to send Del Piero to the bench for the most part as he preferred pairing Ibra and Trez whenever Trez was available. His assists record tells the rest of the story and his goal against Roma away when he practically ruined Kuffour's career summarizes his season for me in 06.

15 goals,17 goals and then 25 goals in his 3 seasons at Inter sure shows progression and his development into a prolific goal scorer and the standard of a number of his goals were of the highest quality.

Say what you want , i have no doubt Ibra will shame his critics while playing at Barca. Some body said he didnt know what Ibra would add to Barca that they didnt have with Eto. If you watch the games against Chelsea and Man u carefully   in 2009 and 2008 semi final UCL respectively  u would understand what he would add to the team.

YES in the big games he has flopped big time, however if he continues this trend at Barca with the quality of players he is surrounded by now, i will be the first to admit that i know not a thing about football.

Ibra carried Inter alone at his time there and it was practically a one man team. Come on the guy deserves plaudits for what he did there particularly. At Barca he now has the chance to win more titles, score more goals and win higher accolades ( Ballon D'or on the horizon). He knows this.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2009
Official: Benfica Sign Barcelona Striker Keirrison On Loan
The Portuguese club have secured the services of the Brazilian striker on a season-long deal.
Keirrison had been tipped to leave Barcelona on loan as the Catalan club were interested in having the player gain football experience elsewhere before giving him a chance at the Camp Nou.
Benfica have now issued a statement to the Portuguese stock market in which they confirm a compromise has been reached with Barcelona to sign the 20-year-old on a season-long deal, with the option for another year.
According to news daily A BOLA, Keirrison is already flying to Lisbon and could be presented before the end of the day.
The former Palmeiras man is Benfica's third striking reinforcement this summer, following the arrivals of Javier Saviola and Weldon.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2009/07/28/1409117/official-benfica-sign-barcelona-striker-keirrison-on-loan
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2009
oh come off it  hustler stop blabbing. Ibra did not ruin kuffour's career because by the time he left munich his career was in decline. My grand ma also makes assisits does that make her a better footballer . Pls stop with the excuses u keep giving. The only coincidence i see is that as serie a is getting weaker ibrahimovic's goal per game ratio is getting better. As for winning the ballon d'or, a  dead man has a far better chance of winning it.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 2:25am On Jul 29, 2009
as u lot seem to attribute every one of samu's sucess to the ability of his teammates, i have also decided to do the same with ibrahimovic next season. No mattter how he well performs, i have already made up my mind that it is now done to his ability rather he has his teamates to thank for his sucess.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 6:10am On Jul 29, 2009
biina:

That article is BS. It didnt compare Ibra to Eto'o, which was the relevant comparism but rather compared Ibra to selected players in selected areas.
- The fact that eto'o scored and Barca put two past the full ManU defence in one game, while Ibra and Inter couldnt score against their depleted versions over two legs shows the difference in attacking power of the players and the clubs.
- He talks about eto'o's bust up with pepe in January but forgot that Pep had tried to sell samuel the prior summer and the relationship had been poor from the word go. Pep fired the first Salvo, not eto'o
Yet he forgot to mention Ibra issues like his allegedly hurting Ajax team mate VDV intentionally, his '70M euros Madrid bid' publicity stunt, his forceful extrication from juventus, and his high wage demands at inter.
- He never rebutted that Ibra has never performed on the big stage annd only tried to excuse it by making comaprisms to other players.

Barca got rimmed, and it is as simple as that.

I quite agree about a lot of this stuffs of you've said. . . .

hustler:

Like i've been saying for some time now, lets wait and see. Ibra did it almost by himself at Inter. When you look at the telepathic partnerships he had with players there, it was almost non-existent, save for Maicon on rare occassions.

Now surrounded by Xavi,Iniesta,Messi and Henry, somebody is insinuating that he will flop. Time will tell. Looking at his early Serie A career. we can say that he didn't really kick off his goal scoring exploits with consistency but he won best serie a foreign footballer in his first season when he netted 16 goals,

His quality and all round play was enough for Capello to send Del Piero to the bench for the most part as he preferred pairing Ibra and Trez whenever Trez was available. His assists record tells the rest of the story and his goal against Roma away when he practically ruined Kuffour's career summarizes his season for me in 06.

15 goals,17 goals and then 25 goals in his 3 seasons at Inter sure shows progression and his development into a prolific goal scorer and the standard of a number of his goals were of the highest quality.

Say what you want , i have no doubt Ibra will shame his critics while playing at Barca. Some body said he didnt know what Ibra would add to Barca that they didnt have with Eto. If you watch the games against Chelsea and Man u carefully in 2009 and 2008 semi final UCL respectively u would understand what he would add to the team.

YES in the big games he has flopped big time, however if he continues this trend at Barca with the quality of players he is surrounded by now, i will be the first to admit that i know not a thing about football.

Ibra carried Inter alone at his time there and it was practically a one man team. Come on the guy deserves plaudits for what he did there particularly. At Barca he now has the chance to win more titles, score more goals and win higher accolades ( Ballon D'or on the horizon). He knows this.

While not saying Ibra will definitely flop. . . . but just assuming he'll hit it right off with the others simply is a wee off mark - Berbatov is a fantastic player but he just didn't play at the max we all know he has the potential for. I'm thinking Ibra's start might be something similar!

I'm just pissed about the Pep has treated Eto'o. . . . if it was a straight sale to some other club, it would be easier to take but such a swap sort'a feels like a slap to a player's face - remember RM's offer of Robinho + cash to UTD for CR7. . . .
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 6:13am On Jul 29, 2009
chic2pimp:

as u lot seem to attribute every one of samu's sucess to the ability of his teammates, i have also decided to do the same with ibrahimovic next season. No mattter how he well performs, i have already made up my mind that it is now done to his ability rather he has his teamates to thank for his sucess.

. . . . thats grossly untrue; Eto'o was king at Mallorca and was doing the business well enough without an abundance of assisting talents - even if he hadn't moved to Barca, it was only a matter of time before Europe's biggest clubs came calling for his signature!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 8:27am On Jul 29, 2009
The seasons Ibra shined were the downturn of the seria A. Since 2007 when Juve was demoted and all other teams had points deducted that marked the downturn of the Serie A. Milan simply focused on the CL and left Inter with the Serie A.
Milan has since then been content with coming 4th and playing CL while Inter were flopping all over.

Last season with Ibra calling the shots at Inter, They scrapped to qualifywinning only 2 games in a group of Anathosis, Bremen and Panathinaikos losing to bremen Pana(at San Siro) drawing Famagusta

2008 they were humbled by Liverpool Home and away with Ibra blowing away chances like there was no tomorrow.

In 2007 where was Ibra when Bayern was humiliating Inter at San Siro before Valencia booted Ibra and co out.

15 goals,17 goals and then 25 goals in his 3 seasons at Inter sure shows progression and his development into a

You mean a Kuffour that was way past his prime? prolific goal scorer and the standard of a number of his goals were of the highest quality.

The same quality that made a support striker score 7 goals in 35 games shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2009
RuuDie:

. . . . thats grossly untrue; Eto'o was king at Mallorca and was doing the business well enough without an abundance of assisting talents - even if he hadn't moved to Barca, it was only a matter of time before Europe's biggest clubs came calling for his signature!
Ruddie as u can tell through reading my posts i have no problem with u and dayokanu as the two of u usually back up your statements with facts not sentiments. Leo messi had his best game against an english team in the cl finals. In my opinion the reason was because eto'o played right wing. He allowed messi to roam about linking up with xavi and iniesta thereby creating havoc. If u think ibra has the discipline not only to play wing effectively but also track back u are in cuckoo land.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2009
dayokanu:

The seasons Ibra shined were the downturn of the seria A. Since 2007 when Juve was demoted and all other teams had points deducted that marked the downturn of the Serie A. Milan simply focused on the CL and left Inter with the Serie A.
Milan has since then been content with coming 4th and playing CL while Inter were flopping all over.

Last season with Ibra calling the shots at Inter, They scrapped to qualifywinning only 2 games in a group of Anathosis, Bremen and Panathinaikos losing to bremen Pana(at San Siro) drawing Famagusta

2008 they were humbled by Liverpool Home and away with Ibra blowing away chances like there was no tomorrow.

In 2007 where was Ibra when Bayern was humiliating Inter at San Siro before Valencia booted Ibra and co out.

You mean a Kuffour that was way past his prime? prolific goal scorer and the standard of a number of his goals were of the highest quality.

The same quality that made a support striker score 7 goals in 35 games shocked shocked shocked shocked

You summed up my earlier post. The only difference is that u added more details.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2009
Barcelona’s Aliaksandr Hleb Close To Stuttgart Loan
Aliaksandr Hleb had been included in the Samuel Eto'o-Zlatan Ibrahimovic swap deal between Barcelona and Inter Milan, but he has turned down the opportunity to represent the Italian champions, according to the latest reports.
It is understood that he prefers to team up with Stuttgart, where he spent five years from 2000-2005 before signing for Arsenal.
According to Sport, Barcelona have agreed to loan Hleb out to Stuttgart, with the Belarus international expected to undergo a medical this afternoon.
Meanwhile, it is reported that Barcelona will pay Inter an additional €4.5 million for Ibrahimovic as Hleb is no longer included in the deal.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2009/07/29/1410694/barcelonas-aliaksandr-hleb-close-to-stuttgart-loan-report

The failings of a wannabe. Seems Morrati is going to bleed them dry grin grin grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2009
Alvaro Arbeloa Passes Medical With Real Madrid
According to a statement released by Real Madrid on their official website, Alvaro Arbeloa "is in perfect condition" and successfully passed the medical underwent this morning at the Sanitas La Moraleja hospital.
Arbeloa is now heading to the Santiago Bernabeu, where he will pen a five-year contract with the Spanish giants.
The 26-year-old, who joined Liverpool from Deportivo la Coruna in 2007, made a total of 99 appearances for the Reds, netting two goals.
Arbeloa had just one more year to run on his contract at Anfield, and he will cost Real Madrid a figure in the region of €4 million.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2009/07/29/1410592/alvaro-arbeloa-passes-medical-with-real-madrid

Only Xabi remains grin grin grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2009
biina:

Barcelona’s Aliaksandr Hleb Close To Stuttgart Loan
Aliaksandr Hleb had been included in the Samuel Eto'o-Zlatan Ibrahimovic swap deal between Barcelona and Inter Milan, but he has turned down the opportunity to represent the Italian champions, according to the latest reports.
It is understood that he prefers to team up with Stuttgart, where he spent five years from 2000-2005 before signing for Arsenal.
According to Sport, Barcelona have agreed to loan Hleb out to Stuttgart, with the Belarus international expected to undergo a medical this afternoon.
Meanwhile, it is reported that Barcelona will pay Inter an additional €4.5 million for Ibrahimovic as Hleb is no longer included in the deal.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2009/07/29/1410694/barcelonas-aliaksandr-hleb-close-to-stuttgart-loan-report

The failings of a wannabe. Seems Morrati is going to bleed them dry grin grin grin

Good choice . . . . I don't think Hleb is the kind of player JM will appreciate - he's more for power than finesse.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Borat1: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2009
Destination citeh,
The exodus continues.
Its good for the game really. Step up ur game or lose out on CL football! Arsenal take note
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2009
hehehehehehe roflmao grin grin cheesy cheesy this transfer story is getting funnier as each hour goes by. Soon we would hear that it was not eto'o present at the unveiling and it was his twin. This would mean that barca would have to pay an extra sum of £40m. If moratti was nigerian there would have already been a forum accusing him of swindling(oga 419)
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by hustler(m): 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2009
@ dayokanu

No need to drag this argument any further, cuz i know with you we could argue on this for weeks (lol)

Lets leave it at that for now and wait to see how Ibra performs in his first 2 seasons. Against big and small teams.First Round, Secound Round, 100th round of the UCL.

It's just that it has become obvious that many people who have castigated Ibra on Nairaland are those that have not had the opportunity of seeing him play on a regular basis. At most they read about him on Complete Sports (lol) or watch some highlights on Goalissimo. At least the La Liga has a wider coverage than the serie a in Nigeria especially the big teams.

And Please the downturn in serie a is only temporary and should start to subside this coming season. Watch out for a competitive Juventus and Inter will be firing all cylinders too cuz Mourinho knows he has to perform or get sacked.Milan, well it will take a miracle from what i've seen in our pre season, but we do have some exciting world class talent. Two great champions have left (kaka,Ibra) two others have arrived (Eto'o, Diego) Javier Pastore in the making. Many more are still in serie a but are spread to many other average teams, Lavezzi,Hamsik,Cassano e.t.c unlike the premiership where it is concentrated in the top 4,

Serie A will come alive again this season, U just watch.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 7:35am On Jul 30, 2009
Hustler,

With the kain team Milan is parading one can almost say for certain that Inter would win easily again.

See what a Bayern without Ribery, Toni and Klose did to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzDuLIGQVhw
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 8:04am On Jul 30, 2009
OFFICIAL: Elano Leaves Manchester City For Galatasaray
Elano has quit Manchester City to join Galatasary, the Turkish club has confirmed.
Italian rivals AC Milan and Inter were believed to be interested in the player, but Sky Sports News is reporting the Brazilian international to have made the move for a fee believed to be close to €9.5 million (£8m).
The news has been confirmed by Galatasaray's official website, which pictures the creative middle-man on its front page.
"Brazilian national football team player Elano Blumer (27) has signed a four-year contract with Galatasaray after playing at Manchester City for two years," a brief statement read on the club site.
The Citizens have started to reduce their squad size, and Elano becomes the fourth player to leave after a slew of purchases this summer.
Gareth Barry, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and now Kolo Toure have all arrived at Eastlands.
Ched Evans has been sold to Championship outfit Sheffield United, while Valeri Bojinov and Felipe Caicedo have made loan switches to Parma and Sporting CP respectively.

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/30/1411925/official-elano-leaves-manchester-city-for-galatasaray

Talented player but failed to deliver consistently. I am surprised he snubbed Inter.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2009
Newcastle United Accept Wolfsburg Bid For Obafemi Martins - Report
Newcastle United have tonight accepted a bid from German side Wolfsburg for striker Obafemi Martins. Sky Sports News reports that the fee agreed between the clubs is €10.5 million.
Die Wolfe manager Armin Veh had recently voiced his admiration for the Nigerian striker, with the German boss admitting that 'Oba' was on his list of possible targets.
"We have two tall strikers in Edin Dzeko and Grafite and they both play pretty much centrally," he told the Wolfsburger Allgemeine Zeitung.
"Therefore, we are looking for a player who can combine with them both, [someone] who can come in from out wide."
Martins himself has claimed that he feels the Bundesliga will soon become the best football league in the world. However, it may be difficult for the striker to find first team starts if Wolfsburg's star double-act remain with the club.
If Martins arrives at the Volkswagen-Arena then he could well serve as third choice behind last season's hit duo of Edin Dzeko and Grafite.
But with both players, Dzeko in particular, being linked with a host of clubs this summer, there are some rumblings within Germany that Martins could in fact serve as one's replacement.
AC Milan have already failed in their attempt to land Dzeko but this news may see them spurred on to make a new attempt, while Premier League clubs such as Arsenal will also look on with interest.

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/29/1411238/newcastle-united-accept-wolfsburg-bid-for-obafemi-martins
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 10:26am On Jul 30, 2009
i've being watching serie a since the early nineties and i must say if milan wins the scudetto this season , serie a is in more trouble than I thought it was in. Juve would run inter close though or even win it. They have bought well and sensibly. Diego is pure class.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Tranmere Rovers Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (0 - 6) On 26th January 2020 / Club Brugge Vs Manchester United: Europa League (1 - 1) Live / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4 - 2) On 19th January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.