Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,965 members, 7,927,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:15 AM

The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) (25446 Views)

Football Transfer Deadline Day 2013 - Live Updates / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / The 2009/10 UEFA Champions League Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by debosky(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2009
[size=15pt][center]Adebayor Completes City Move[/center][/size]

Manchester City have added to their collection of strikers by signing Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor on a five-year deal for a fee of around £25m.

The 25-year-old joins fellow new signings Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez at Eastlands.

And with Robinho, Craig Bellamy, Valeri Bojinov and Benjani also on their books, City have an embarrassment of riches up front.

"I can't wait to play for City's fans and show them what I can do," he said.

"I was born to play football and that is what I want to do. I have come here to make history for this club and those supporters.

"It what the chairman and the manager told me that they want too and I can't wait to get started."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8149488.stm
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2009
abeg all u agberos wey dey hiaaa make we here word jor grin cheesy wink wink grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2009
mogbe oooo adebayor dey earn more money than eto'o . Olodumare oooo which kind of cheating be that shocked shocked shocked : lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Phony200(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2009
Etoo will probably still have a higher take-home pay because of differing tax laws. However, Man City is really setting things up nicely. Hopefully, Wenger will respond accordingly because they're lighter up front now without Ade, dumb as he may seem to them.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2009
[center]Samuel Eto'o Wants €10 Million Per Season Wages From Inter[/center]
The Cameroon striker is making some huge demands as he seeks to profit from his proposed move to Inter, according to reports,
Samuel Eto'o is demanding a €10million per season wage packet from Inter, if he is to join them as part of the Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Barcelona deal.
http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/07/18/1389509/samuel-etoo-wants-10-million-per-season-wages-from-inter

me like this guy. wink cheesy
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2009
arsene wenger ke. Dat ijebu man. Make we hiaaa word jor. Even if u give am the citizens money he no go spend am. With spending comes great expectations which increases pressure on da manager and dat ijebu man knows it. He likes an easy life and arsenal fans *cough cough cough* brashy knows it. Dis is why arsenal are not i repeat are not a big club. Which big club would accept 4 trophyless season soon to be 5.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 9:49am On Jul 19, 2009
Real Madrid have revealed the buy-out clauses they have inserted in Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo's contracts,
one billion euros!
shocked
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by allboyz(m): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2009
Biina - kindly edit the Topic of this thread : ADEBYE-OR completes a move to Citeh!

Cheers
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2009
RuuDie:

Real Madrid have revealed the buy-out clauses they have inserted in Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo's contracts,
one billion euros!
shocked
Source?

I think relating the buyout clause to the length of contract and salary of the player will go a long way in curbing the high transfer figures, cos you cant sell a player above his buyout clause.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2009
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepa one billion wetin. Na wa ooo some ppl dey craze for dis world
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2009
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2009
Official: Real Zaragoza Sign Ikechukwu Uche From Getafe
Newly promoted Real Zaragoza have continued to strengthen their squad ahead of the 2009-10 Primera Division season, after concluding a deal to sign Ikechukwu Uche from Getafe.
A statement on the club's official website read, “Real Zaragoza, Getafe and Uche have arrived at a principle agreement where, pending a medical, the Nigerian striker will spend the next four seasons with the Aragones club.”
No official figures of the deal were released but the Spanish press sources claim that the 25-year-old will cost Zaragoza around €5 million, the valuation previously set by El Geta president Angel Torres.
The Blanquillos have already snapped up Jermaine Pennant from Liverpool and goalkeeper Juan Pablo Carrizo on loan from Lazio, although they have missed out on Colombian hotshot Radamel Falcao.

Our own too dey make moves. Nxt na make AW buy our 'young' Obafemi Martins grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mukina2: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
why cant that useless goatherder just keep his mouth shut

adebayor nor make i use juju for you oh angry grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2009
[center]Lyon To Look To CSKA Moscow Striker Vagner Love [/center] – Report

Olympique Lyonnais’ quest to acquire a second striker to support record acquisition Lisandro Lopez continues, and after failing in their attempts to snare either Andre-Pierre Gignac from Toulouse or Loic Remy from Nice, reports have suggested that they could swoop for distinctive Brazilian frontman Vagner Love, who currently plays for CSKA Moscow.

The striker, who is known for his colourful dreadlocks and prolific goal scoring – he found the net an incredible 11 times in eight UEFA Cup games for the Russians last season – has frequently been linked to Lyon’s great rivals, Olympique de Marseille, who have been persistently priced out of the market for him.

http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/07/21/1395092/lyon-to-look-to-cska-moscow-striker-vagner-love-report

Personally, I will be very happy for this guy. He is good.

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by hustler(m): 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2009
chic2pimp:

[/b] shut yp diaaaa grin grin grin.
Complete striker ko stupid striker ni. Someone that is yet to score past the group stages in the champs league fact doesn't deserve that title.

Ignorance KILLS
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mykali(m): 8:33am On Jul 22, 2009

I still wonder how City will achieve anything without signing any world class defender. I hope they have plans of doing so. The Arses better watch their back, literally
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2009
hustler:

Ignorance KILLS
sharaap ma friend grin grin grin cheesy cheesy. Who is being ignorant U or me? Do ur research ,accept u have been skooled and then come back and apologize to ur master tongue tongue. I am right and u know it. Adebayor dat we are all slaggging off is way berra than useless ibra. Ibra ko suleimanu ni.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2009
[center]Barcelona Consider Scrapping Eto'o Swap And Offering Inter €75m For Ibrahimovic[/center]
A report out of Spain indicates that Barcelona have a 'Plan B' in action in case they are unable to reach an agreement with Samuel Eto'o over the cash-plus-player deal with Inter and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

This morning it was claimed that the Cameroonian was unwilling to leave Camp Nou without being compensated for the final year of his contract - something the club are apparently unwilling to accede to.
http://goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/07/22/1397835/barcelona-consider-scrapping-etoo-swap-and-offering-inter
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Borat1: 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2009
Ha! See what madrid have caused. If you are not Don Perez you cant be like Don perez.
75million is a huge joke! They think cause they won "everything" last season they can spend carelessly. That would be the most regrettable decision ever.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 8:53am On Jul 23, 2009
Vassell joins Turkish side Ankaragucu on a free

Darius Vassell has joined Turkish Super Lig outfit Ankaragucu on a free transfer following his release by Manchester City.

Vassell, 29, has penned a two-year deal with the Ankara-based outfit who avoided relegation by a single point as they finished 13th in the Turkish top flight last season.

The former England and Aston Villa striker had been without a club since being released by City at the end of last season but was given a rousing reception by around 3,000 Ankaragucu fans when he arrived in the Turkish capital for transfer talks earlier this month.

''I do not want to talk too much,'' Vassell said at a press conference confirming his arrival today. ''I want to play football. Ankaragucu is working hard for success.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=662530&sec=transfers&cc=5739

& The Man City offload begins. . . . .

Well, not a bad move for Dario; at least he can say he's tasted life outt'a the UK!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2009
Mascherano wants Barcelona switch, says agent
Xabi Alonso spoke excitedly about Real Madrid's "impressive project" earlier this week, and now the Argentine midfielder's agent says he is fed up with life in England and wants a switch to Barcelona.

The 25-year-old has persistently been linked with a move to the European champions, but Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez insists he is not for sale.

That hasn't stopped Mascherano's agent, Walter Tamer, saying: "Barcelona is the easiest deal to set up as Javier wants to go to Spain. He is tired of life in England.

"His wife has not been given a permanent visa. She has to go through an odyssey each time she wants to go. Liverpool refuse to sell, this can be overcome with an extraordinary offer."

Before Liverpool left for a pre-season tour of the Far East Benitez said Mascherano and Alonso were central to his plans and would not be leaving Anfield.

"I do not think Alonso or Mascherano will go. It is clear that they both are under contract with long-term agreements. That is it," said Benitez.

"We signed them both from different situations. Alonso was coming from Real Sociedad and nobody had really heard much of him outside of Spain, he did well and we renewed his contract because of that.

"Mascherano came from West Ham where he had not been doing well. We brought him here and gave him a good contract, so we are very pleased with them both and that Liverpool has been very good to them."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=662304&sec=transfers&cc=5739

hmmmmm. . . . over to you Rafa!?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 9:21am On Jul 23, 2009
In-demand Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has revealed he is in advanced talks with Sunderland.

The 25-year-old said earlier this week he had given up on his preferred move to Arsenal but still wanted a switch to England.

Chamakh refuted allegations he is seeking a transfer to the Premier League for financial reasons.

"Bordeaux have made me a more attractive proposition to stay," he said in L'Equipe. "So contrary to what some people say, I don't want to leave for money but to experience a new challenge.

"In France, it is impossible that I could go anywhere else than Bordeaux, because that club will remain in my heart. However, I have made the wish to have a new adventure in England, and I would like that idea to happen.

"The contact which has reached advanced stages is with Sunderland. Maybe for some people it is not a great club, but it is fine to me. I know it can be a step forward and it is what I want."

Fulham and Tottenham have also been credited with an interest in Chamakh but Sunderland, whose link was ridiculed by Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud earlier in July, appear to be in pole position.

Steve Bruce is stepping up his search for a striker after Peter Crouch decided against a move to the north east.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=662309&sec=transfers&cc=5739
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2009
~Borat~:

Ha! See what madrid have caused. If you are not Don Perez you cant be like Don perez.
75million is a huge joke! They think cause they won "everything" last season they can spend carelessly. That would be the most regrettable decision ever.
thank u jare. How can someone in their right mind pay that much for some shite player
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by allboyz(m): 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2009
chic2pimp:

thank u jare. How can someone in their right mind pay that much for some[b] shite player[/b]

I dont get it. . .are you calling IBRA shyte? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2009
allboyz:

I dont get it. . .are you calling IBRA shyte? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
yes ke. 48mills + sammy boy+ hleb on loan proves to me he is shyte. They might as well add messi+henry+iniesta+xavi +uncle yaya to make the deal really complete. Wastemen
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2009
Ibra is wayyyy below Etoo

Zlatan messes up at the high stages.

Juve vs Liverpool 2005 Ibra blew chances upon chances at Turin that saw Juve eliminated

Inter vs Liverpool 2008 Ibra blew numberous chances that saw Inter eliminated without scoring a single goal

Inter vs Man Utd. 2009 Zlatan was more like a spectator on the field when Man utd raped them. Balotelli made more impact

ZLATAN is overrated he only looks good when compared to dolts like Berbasuck
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 8:27pm On Jul 24, 2009
Official: Sunderland Sign Lorik Cana From Marseille
Sunderland have today confirmed that they have signed Albanian midfielder Lorik Cana from French Ligue 1 outfit Olympique de Marseille. The player has signed a four-year deal, with the transfer worth £5 million.
Black Cats boss Steve Bruce was pleased to have secured the defensive midfielder's services, telling the club's official website, "I'm delighted to have brought Lorik to the club, especially given the number of clubs who had expressed an interest in signing him.
"He brings with him a tremendous amount of experience both at club level and internationally and is a great addition to our squad.
"To captain a side of Marseille's stature says a lot about the player and his character, and I'm sure he'll go on to be a fantastic signing for Sunderland."
The 25-year-old began his professional career with FC Lausanne in Switzerland, before moving to Paris Saint-Germain. He then joined Marseille in August 2005, where he skippered the club to a second placed finish in the league last season.
[img]http://www.safc.com/javaImages/e5/4d/0,,10281~6770149,00.jpg[/img]
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/24/1401878/breaking-news-official-sunderland-sign-lorik-cana-from
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Juve vs Liverpool 2005 Ibra blew chances upon chances at Turin that saw Juve eliminated

Inter vs Liverpool 2008 Ibra blew numberous chances that saw Inter eliminated without scoring a single goal

Inter vs Man Utd. 2009 Zlatan was more like a spectator on the field when Man utd raped them. Balotelli made more impact

Dayokanu has done it again. What else can i say. Even I can score against bologna. When he stops shinning against teams that has more in common with pasta than footy i'll start giving him a bit more credit. Until then i'll start training to be a profeesional footballer u never no i might get the chance to play against teams like spaghetti and macaroni.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by chic2pimp(m): 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2009
dayokanu:

BEST POINT EVER MADE BY AN INDIVIDUAL WITH REGARDS TO DAT FLOP CALLED[b] IBRAHIMOSHYTE[/b]. I keep telling dis silly boyz to stop calling the prat great. I would say this for the one thousandth time 'HE HAS NEVER SCORED PAST THE GROUP STAGES IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE' FACT. Finally when an individual starts comparing IBRAFRAUD to van basten as inter fanatics are, automatically their opinion become invalid.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2009
Beckenbauer blasts Ribery
Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer has questioned the motives of French star Franck Ribery.
In a scathing attack, the Bayern supremo has blasted the winger for displaying a selfish attitude.
Ribery has been strongly linked with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid this summer, and has hinted that he would welcome such a switch.
Beckenbauer has been left disappointed by the 26-year-old's actions, believing the France international is attempting to use Bayern as a tool to further his own career.
"Ribery only came here to make a name for himself," he is quoted as saying in Bild.
"He doesn't give a damn about Munich."
Bayern have so far resisted the advances of Real, despite reports of big money offers, keen to retain the services of their talismanic playmaker.
They appreciate, however, that Ribery could walk away next summer for a reduced fee, as Fifa article 17 allows any player under the age of 28 to leave a club after three years of their contract.
Ribery penned a four-year deal with Bayern upon joining from Marseille in 2007, but Beckenbauer believes the Frenchman never intended to see out that deal.
"Why would I sign a four-year contract if I only want to stay for three?" he said.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11890_5454503,00.html
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2009
Seems the Ribery saga is not yet over.
But all these Bayern officials are hypocrites, talking like if they have amnesia.
Was Franz not alive when Ribery was forcing his way out of marseille to join Bayern? Now that they are getting a dose of the same medicine from madrid he is crying foul.
Simply hilarious. They should sell the guy and use the money to buy replacements instead of ending up with peanuts next summer or nothing at all.
If the guy really wants to go, I doubt he would be putting in top performances every week.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2009
Biina dont talk like an illiterate here.

When Bayern bought Ribery we met with the Marseille President Pape Diouf in Dubai during preseason where we discussed Ribery and he told us that If he was ever going to sell Ribery, He would sell to Bayern cos we came to meet the owners and not running press transfer like some clubs do.

Same with Luca Toni we met de Valle Fiorentinas president and we discussed an agreed.

Just like Laporta came to ask Bayern about Ribery and we told him NO

Why should we sell him? He has a 4 year contract He can leave for free in 2011 Just like Ballack. We are not in debt like Man Utd or Milan So we are not under any pressure to sell Ribery

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Tranmere Rovers Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (0 - 6) On 26th January 2020 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4 - 2) On 19th January 2023 / Club Brugge Vs Manchester United: Europa League (1 - 1) Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.