Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? (27411 Views)

I Have No Personal Problem With Amaechi, He Was My Boss Says Gov. Wike / My Boss, Sheriff Will Destroy PDP — Shettima (Flash Back) / Tinubu And The Parable Of The ‘first Supper’-by Mohammed Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by OAFMods: 8:22am On Dec 13, 2015
ProfSamurai:
Your boss is wise.

Obasanjo witch hunted Abacha's family - in doing this, he did not lose focus - but, he was still able to get debt relief, telecoms and the banking industry right. This turned out to be the biggest employer of labour after the government and the oil industry.

My opinion.
Buhari should take a cue from OBJ. If he's determined to witch hunt GEJ's regime - atleast do it the OBJ way or better not worse.

That is exactly what he is doing, it took Obasanjo 8 years to achieve all of that. Buhari had a fair starting but loot recovery n essence of foreign trip does not work like magic. It takes time for the result to manifest.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by SamJed(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2015
Zoharariel:

Yio ba furo iyalaya e! Omo ale jati-jati ikeji aja.
nwa yorubad nka biko apasulam iwe o...jirikwe owe gi...imaraihe jiri isi gi na-eme ihe o
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by holuphisayor(m): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2015
I wonder how a man can pursue his dream of being president for more than 12years only to have it and become so clueless. 7 months gone, we're yet to know where he's heading to. SMH

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by ephi123(f): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2015
So Nigeria should not recover its stolen monies?

Your boss is using an example of 20,000 let him try substituting that with 200,000,000 and see if he will not be ready to close shop completely to get that money back.

Corruption is the bane of progress in this country and so MUST be PRIORITIZED.

12 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by sukkot: 8:57am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

Yesterday at the office, my boss walked up to us -his employees- and gave an impassioned talk about President Buhari's style of governance. He said, while he thought Buhari's attempt at recovering stolen funds were not out of place in itself, he was giving way too much attention to it. According to him, the President's lack of priority in this regard had become counter-productive and had started to prove detrimental to other areas that are in dire need his attention.

To drive home his point, he gave us a parable of an employer who kept N20,000 in his office somewhere, and on coming back to take it, he discovered that one of his Clerks had run off with it. After the discovery, the employer took the keys to the office, locked it up. He ran out with as much fury as he could muster, shouting to the hearing of all who would listen, "Who saw my boy?!!!", "Please, help me find him and get my money!!" All the while this employer was out looking for the stolen money, his shop remained under lock and key, no monies coming out, no monies going in. No customer, no profits in sight; he was making losses with every turn. Yet, ALL that mattered to him remained getting the thief of a boy, and recovering the stolen money.

My boss likened the employer in the above parable to President Buhari. He says our President has practically closed shop -Nigeria- and has decided to channel all his energy into getting stolen funds, forgetting that there is a bigger picture -an economy- that needs urgent attention; forgetting that the country might be going into a recession; forgetting that people are losing their jobs, forgetting that foreign investors are leaving, and more are 'plotting' to close shop and leave Nigeria; forgetting that an economy is not run by stolen funds which are recovered, but that if anything, they are to be regarded as "extras".

The above is how my boss sees things right now, and I agree with him.

I have to agree because, since coming into office, the activities of President Buhari's government has centered around just two things: 1. Foreign trips; and 2. Instigating the prosecution of looters of the past (who I must mention are not pro his government or pro-Apc). While the relevance of the above two can really not be downplayed, the fact remains that attention need to be given to the economy of Nigeria. As my boss said, no country has ever been run on recovered funds. Me thinks he needs to stay home a bit more, and pay attention to the alarms being raised by the World Bank and other bodies about Nigeria's economy. He need to share that attention he is giving the boy who stole the money.

Now, what's your own take about what my boss said?

#As an aside, he needs to stop talking so much about his predecessor -Jonathan. It's only a lazy man that blames his tools all the time.

Cc: lalasticlala
your boss is an incompetent myopic buffoon. nigeria is not run by one man. buhari has ministers and other staff who take care of the day to day running. how did this guy become a boss again ? what kinda company is it ?

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by amunkita(m): 8:58am On Dec 15, 2015
It's only a man who has no solution that goes to point fingers at his Dad for not making it during his time.

Buhari remains an Uwa Mmebi president..

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by simplynola(m): 8:59am On Dec 15, 2015
Wrong Parable. Not the President that runs the economy but the Federal Government. The parable has one employee but Nigeria is a big entity. Ministers are there to work, Governors are there to work, you and i are there to work. Democracy is not sole proprietorship.

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by jaybee3(m): 9:01am On Dec 15, 2015
Your boss is actually very daft simply because he/she ridiculously forgot the key components of leadership.

Buhari has assembled and subsequently delegated the responsibilities of moving the country forward to his disciples (FEC)

Nigeria being broke means we have to generate income via other legal means.

Absolutely nothing wrong in asset recovery from past looters

Absolutely nothing wrong from sending a strong signal that it's not going to be business as usual

Everything is wrong with the myopic reasoning of letting by gone be by gone without doing a proper root cause analysis and in turn enacting strong institutions to fight the cancer called corruption

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by fidorocks(m): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2015
ENEONWO:
Your boss is the greatest fool to have ever walked the surface of the earth! By his warped argument, we should all keep developing the economy into some few pockets. We must focus all attention on developing the economy, after which some people would embezzle all the money and the next government would look the other way because your boss would accuse them of neglecting the economy at the expense of the war against corruption, so; they must also focus all attention on developing the same economy. So, we continue running in the cycles of develop-loot/embezzle-develop- loot/embezzle. Your Oga is advising that if you build a house and it is fails, you go back to build on the same place without first arresting the cause of the failure! Let me tell you that if this country must succeed, Buhari must ensure that a thorough and sustained war against corruption is done. That way, whatever progress we make will not be eroded by avaricious officers of the state, whose stock-in-trade is primitive acquisition of wealth at the expense of national development.

this is the best response I have read so far

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by ephi123(f): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2015
delait:
Am in the same school of thought with your employer.

My humble opinion is that we should move on,no matter what happens.

If the leader does not encourage the followers to strive and push on in spite of all odds discouragement and lost of hope becomes the order of the day.
While we embark on recovery.

I went to my clients office yesterday to meet with the Human Resources Manager on an issue. When this Guy showed me about 66 files of workers that he prepared their sack letters, I wept.

He told me that the owners of the business (Lebanese)are closing down because of unfavourable business environment.

Lets pray things gets better

The Bible itself says faith without works is dead. You can't expect to pray and DO NOTHING and expect things to change.
Nigerians had better buckle their belts, Brent crude as we speak is $38. For a country dependent on oil that is disaster, and yet billions are in some private individuals' accounts and we feel that should be let go? Mba.

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Empredboy(m): 9:05am On Dec 15, 2015
Your boss must have been eating fat from the past government. One question from the parable. What is the possibility that even when the shop is still open till the end of the day and night there is no sales? We Nigerians don't like to tell ourselves the truth. If he doesn't chase or charge these criminals then next year expected budget will never come to pass.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by saintfizzo(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2015
NigLasPresident:

Great response... I respect you for the way you replied the guy for trying to bring tribalism into a general discussion that never mentioned names or real place in the original write up... From the guy's questioning I think he has a natural hatred for those igbo guys...
pause!!!!!!! U just drew the first battle line
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by GambaOsaka: 9:07am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

Yesterday at the office, my boss walked up to us -his employees- and gave an impassioned talk about President Buhari's style of governance. He said, while he thought Buhari's attempt at recovering stolen funds were not out of place in itself, he was giving way too much attention to it. According to him, the President's lack of priority in this regard had become counter-productive and had started to prove detrimental to other areas that are in dire need his attention.

To drive home his point, he gave us a parable of an employer who kept N20,000 in his office somewhere, and on coming back to take it, he discovered that one of his Clerks had run off with it. After the discovery, the employer took the keys to the office, locked it up. He ran out with as much fury as he could muster, shouting to the hearing of all who would listen, "Who saw my boy?!!!", "Please, help me find him and get my money!!" All the while this employer was out looking for the stolen money, his shop remained under lock and key, no monies coming out, no monies going in. No customer, no profits in sight; he was making losses with every turn. Yet, ALL that mattered to him remained getting the thief of a boy, and recovering the stolen money.

My boss likened the employer in the above parable to President Buhari. He says our President has practically closed shop -Nigeria- and has decided to channel all his energy into getting stolen funds, forgetting that there is a bigger picture -an economy- that needs urgent attention; forgetting that the country might be going into a recession; forgetting that people are losing their jobs, forgetting that foreign investors are leaving, and more are 'plotting' to close shop and leave Nigeria; forgetting that an economy is not run by stolen funds which are recovered, but that if anything, they are to be regarded as "extras".

I have to agree because, since coming into office, the activities of President Buhari's government has centered around just two things: 1. Foreign trips; and 2. Instigating the prosecution of looters of the past (who I must mention are not pro his government or pro-Apc). While the relevance of the above two can really not be downplayed, the fact remains that attention need to be given to the economy of Nigeria. As my boss said, no country has ever been run on recovered funds. Me thinks he needs to stay home a bit more, and pay attention to the alarms being raised by the World Bank and other bodies about Nigeria's economy. He need to share that attention he is giving the boy who stole the money.

#As an aside, he needs to stop talking so much about his predecessor -Jonathan. It's only a lazy man that blames his tools all the time.

What a beautiful write-up. The parable was tight as well but i think it's a bit biased. You paint a picture of a President doing nothing except fighting corruption.

If i may ask, Why do you think he's traveling around? To gallivant around, play around or do sight-seeing?

Infact i will leave you to answer that question yourself (on this same page). WHY DO YOU THINK HE HAS BEEN TRAVELING SINCE INCEPTION OF HIS GOVERNMENT?

Regards

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Femsyn(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2015
When you keep doing the same thing and expect a different result, then, you are gradually running mad. We finally have someone who has decided to do things differently, yet we're complaining and typing warped parables. While, it could be tough now, I think i'd rather give the change agent the benefit of a doubt, until he gets his budget approved and implemented.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by flokii: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2015
@OP your boss is Igbo or SS....

that's the plain TRUTH... I have seen them argue about this (even d elderly ones) and they all seem to have the same mentality..

Buhari is a misfit to them... anything other than GEJ is a no no

no tribal bigotry here...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Izontubo(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2015
stolen funds if at all recovered can only maybe furnish recurrent expenditures and then what next...where would jobs come from,...where would industrialization come fromwhere would true federalism come from....nonsense... angry angry
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by tinktanker: 9:12am On Dec 15, 2015
nnachukz:
That your boss is his name FAYOSE or FFK? They reason alike and most times if not all times they make sense with their speeches. Well, I totally agree with your boss. We are suffering and smiling while everything is closed up.
so u no sabi read? His name is bubu
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by jaybee3(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2015
Izontubo:
stolen funds if at all recovered can only maybe furnish recurrent expenditures and then what next...where would jobs come from,...where would industrialization come fromwhere would true federalism come from....nonsense... angry angry

Isn't part of recurrent expenditures wages and salaries?
Government's ability to pay salaries automatically provides downward trickle effects to other sectors of the economy.

If you can keep your job then you will be able to keep the farmer producing, telecommunications company in business, transporters smiling and of course taxes back to the federal govt

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by mescapee: 9:15am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

Your boss is wise. Don't miss any opportunity to learn more.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by youngRx(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2015
on a nore serios note i tink his boss hs a point...
let me put it dis way...in d past d money ws freely flowing into d country in bulk due to high oil price per barrel only dat "strong men" ar stealing it. still d little dt remained for d average citizen ws manageable.
now wit a 60% slash in oil price...d money is not even comming in again befor we blame d corrupt for stealing it. now both d thieves nd d average man cnt lay hnds on any money. of wat use then, is it to recover stolen money wen we know its gona do very little in improving d country's revenue??
i tink mr president shud use dis time to research into other sources of revenue such as agriculture n technology until d contry is economically stabilized. den he can continue hunting for d thieves.
besides d thieves ar not running anywhere...there s stil plenty of tym to catch dem.
of what use is a broke but curruption free Nigeria to anyone?
my microscopic point of view though

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by cescky(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2015
Erronous post
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by olacollinz(m): 9:17am On Dec 15, 2015
3 gbosa for your boss

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by mbhs139(m): 9:18am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

That your Boss, as far as I'm concerned, is a dunce! Anyway, perhaps it is a shop he runs in Idumota.
So, in his wisdom, when a CEO travels out of the business domain, then the business will stand still. Who told your Boss that it is Buhari that is pursuing the looters, what is the work of the EFCC boss then? Have you heared of delegated responsibility? Your boss is a dunce.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by sage10pm(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2015
achiphet:
Lets think like weve left the industrial age for once. The current hardship is 50% buharis fault and 50% the drop in oil prices fault. We live in a monoeconomic Nigeria and the sole source of our country's income just went down by more than 70%......that means a '70%' slash in our economy and living standards, take it or leave it. But friends we are in the information age where u must not depend on the economy of ur country to make money, though its hard to leverage this 'fact', we must look for how to make the cash abroad and bring ii in to help this economy until Nigeria secures an alternative source of income. Ive found a one and will be happy to shear it with anybody that cares to ask. Gods grace
am curious oooh.....show me d way...nw am asking.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Izontubo(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2015
jaybee3:

Isn't part of recurrent expenditures wages and salaries?
Government's ability to pay salaries automatically provides downward trickle effects to other sectors of the economy.

If you can keep your job then you will be able to keep the farmer producing, telecommunications company in business, transporters smiling and of course taxes back to the federal govt
and how many persons are working for the government to benefit from the recurrent expenditure...what about the private sector....the economy is collapsing and as w e know stolen funds cant salvage it...we need to create wealth...let the president espouse true federalism and diversify our yeye economy...that should be the priority now... angry angry angry...
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:

It's not about seeing anything wrong in Jonathan anymore, it's about the PRESENT administration making us see something right in them.
Let me tell you; if you expect that Nigeria will still open up her economy for foreign exploitation, it's over. It creates pseudo feeling of economic buoyancy. Where's AFPRINT and other textile companies. Where's STEYR, ANAMMCO, Volkswagen, etc. Where are our steel rolling mills? Glass companies? Why didn't the River Basin Authorities produce enough food. They folded up because we preferred everything foreign. We allowed importation of everything, including human hair, rice, toothpick, matches and water. Foreigners exploited our voracious appetite for foreign goods and dumped everything here. They didn't invest in the real sector. You could sit at home and order anything from any part of the world. Politicians and their cronies stole the remainder. We paid using our oil income. Now the situation is no longer sustainable. But the oyinbo people still want us to continue devaluing our currency so that they continue dumping their products. The government says no and the traders are leaving. What is required is for us to display nationalist fervour and be productive and creative. It happened to Ghana, Brazil, USA, China, etc. But we have idle 30 year old babies who are still being spoonfed, lazy workforce and pacifist governments at all levels. Brace, it will get worse before it gets better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by tete7000(m): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2015
ProfSamurai:
Your boss is wise.

Obasanjo witch hunted Abacha's family - in doing this, he did not lose focus - but, he was still able to get debt relief, telecoms and the banking industry right. This turned out to be the biggest employer of labour after the government and the oil industry.

My opinion.
Buhari should take a cue from OBJ. If he's determined to witch hunt GEJ's regime - atleast do it the OBJ way or better not worse.

And Obasanjo also employed plea bargaining. Not everything was fought in court.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 15, 2015
I'm sick of people blaming this govt. We ve had worst govt. Let this govt be. If we re impressed we keep em if not we CHANGE em
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Tayeni(m): 9:22am On Dec 15, 2015
ENEONWO:
Your boss is the greatest fool to have ever walked the surface of the earth! By his warped argument, we should all keep developing the economy into some few pockets. We must focus all attention on developing the economy, after which some people would embezzle all the money and the next government would look the other way because your boss would accuse them of neglecting the economy at the expense of the war against corruption, so; they must also focus all attention on developing the same economy. So, we continue running in the cycles of develop-loot/embezzle-develop- loot/embezzle. Your Oga is advising that if you build a house and it is fails, you go back to build on the same place without first arresting the cause of the failure! Let me tell you that if this country must succeed, Buhari must ensure that a thorough and sustained war against corruption is done. That way, whatever progress we make will not be eroded by avaricious officers of the state, whose stock-in-trade is primitive acquisition of wealth at the expense of national development.
i wonder about the thought process of people like his boss too. sometimes i think Nigerian leaders have been installed with a goat's software......without a sustained and never-before seen level of anti corruption fight...they will still go back from where they hv been chased. if the only achievement of Buhari is curbing corrption and instiling discipline, thats enough for me. On that foundation, subsequent leaders can build upon.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by AMBIVERT(f): 9:23am On Dec 15, 2015
Zoharariel:

Yio ba furo iyalaya e! Omo ale jati-jati ikeji aja.

Are you in your teens or very early twenties?

What has he said to warrant such insults?

I am really disappointed in you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike And His Wife, Suzzette Celebrate Valentine's Day (Photos) / Buratai Commissions Army War College Nigeria Complex (Photos) / ABIA 2019: "Nwa Aba"!! Kalu Grabs "Keke" Ends Campaign With Massive Street Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.