Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,774 members, 7,915,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:35 PM

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? (27518 Views)

I Have No Personal Problem With Amaechi, He Was My Boss Says Gov. Wike / My Boss, Sheriff Will Destroy PDP — Shettima (Flash Back) / Tinubu And The Parable Of The ‘first Supper’-by Mohammed Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by jayriginal: 9:57am On Dec 15, 2015
The analogy is faulty cos it takes no account of delegated authority.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by dokunbam(m): 9:57am On Dec 15, 2015
I believe the ministers are up to the task,
Buhari cannot do it alone.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 15, 2015
The problem with your boss's analogy is that Nigeria is not a shop it's a nation and if you don't catch the thief who robbed your nation today, rest assured, more thieves are encouraged for tomorrow...in fact tomorrow is too far...
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by haqueurate(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2015
Looks like you all think economics of a country is been politically biased in your thoughts
the country had started going into recession before jonathan left, oil price slumped, workers wr owed salaries for months, money for infrastructures wr diverted into personal accounts, public institutions grounded (nepa, nnpc)etc

recovering looted funds, strengthening public instituitions, encouraging local production by making foreign counterparts more expensive but no...... you cant see that can you
you all remind me of the isrealites in the wilderness who dreamt of their previous life in egypt forgeting they were slaves then and clearly not seeing the promised land

Gaborone:

grin grin grin
I found the bolded really funny.

Please get your facts right. Between 1960 - 1999, about $400Billion has been stolen from Nigeria. I don't know about 2000 - 2015, but I know its going to be a small fraction of that. Now, lets be realistic: supposing our President is able to recover a part of this at the end of the day (let's say $50Billion), how far will that take Nigeria, if by then, all investors have gone, and the economy has finally crumbled. How many years' budget will that take care of, since we now place the budget and drive the economy through recovered funds?

And I don't want to even talk about revenue drives, or presentations, or meetings, or committees, what I want to talk about is RESULTS. We've seen too much cheese dangling in the past, so much so that we are not moved till these 'drives' that churning out results.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:59am On Dec 15, 2015
gists:
I suggest you better look for another job elsewhere because if this is how your boss reason, you people may close shop sooner than you think.
Ministers appointed and doing their work and someone is saying Nigeria closing shop.
Oil vessels are on the high sea with extremely little buyers and add the fact that the oil price is down, yet you boss thinks getting stolen funds (in billions of dollars) to beef up the country's financial strength is a waste of energy.
Are the ministers not working? The other day Fashola gave a presentation just as the minister of finance is embarking on an ambitious revenue drive
bobo if i steal 20billion naira n d govr confiscate like 3billion n send me to 6yrs in jail that will be 3yrs in real time n my 17billion is lying comfortably waitng for me, i will quickly go to jail, come out n live big.
Also know that in every billion recovered from looters, govt must hv spent 800million naira to get that money.
The people who gain most in this corruption fights are the judges, lawyers who represents the govt n the culprit. Even the prosecutors also gain from the numerous travels n kickbacks they get while on duty. So take time n check how much govt has spent so far n hw much have they recovered.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by light004: 10:01am On Dec 15, 2015
gists:
I suggest you better look for another job elsewhere because if this is how your boss reason, you people may close shop sooner than you think.
Ministers appointed and doing their work and someone is saying Nigeria closing shop.
Oil vessels are on the high sea with extremely little buyers and add the fact that the oil price is down, yet you boss thinks getting stolen funds (in billions of dollars) to beef up the country's financial strength is a waste of energy.
Are the ministers not working? The other day Fashola gave a presentation just as the minister of finance is embarking on an ambitious revenue drive

Facts they say don't lie. You can't deny the facts, no matter how hard you try. is Nigeria better off since Mr integrity was sworn in? all the indices are nose diving at a dangerous speed; foreign investors are running away and new ones ain't coming.

My brother, stop deluding and defending what's not. Nigeria is in crisis and the President needs to understand that corruption can never be the only sickness hampering a nation's development. Note, corruption is not the problem but the effect of the problem. Tackle the problem and you will eliminate the effect. Corruption like its many root causes is hydra-headed and takes different forms.

Nigeria is sick and needs a doctor urgently. Baba should face the job of building a virile economy that is substanable, create jobs and opportunities.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by skyisthelimit(m): 10:03am On Dec 15, 2015
GMB is a supposed honest and incorruptible man..yes he appears slow but in our own collective interest we had all better pray and work towards d best..he has a VP..he has ministers,i dont want to believe he is travelling at his old age for partying..yes people are suffering but it's ok if it will pay off later..check d price of oil,we MUST diversify and am sure he knows this,corruption is d MAIN problem of this country,no economic blueprint can function without a system that backs it up,the mentality of doing things must change for the better nd everybody will key in...Nigeria is like a beautiful bride despite its challenges so these foreign investors will always come,they didn't leave cos of boko haram and militancy..dont forget our salvation is in our own hands..am in support of whoever makes things better for Nigerians..if anyone was following trends u would know that we would have woken up one day with dry atm machines like Greece had d last administration continued..d dollar rate,fuel subsidy et al..i dont know d miracle but things just has to get better..January 2016 brings in a new budget,one drafted by d new govt and not a inherited one,lets remain positive, we got no choice cos dis is our country, forget d politicians be it APC or PDP as there must be leadership, GMB and not GEJ is on d seat now,life has to go on..Nigerians are strong people and we have all d resources it takes once we get just d minutest positive leadership.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by anonimi: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:
Your diversion tactic summaries your desperation here. The message or the messenger, pls be mature and have a go at one properly..

I have updated my comment.
You may wish to also update your response.
Cheers.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by light004: 10:06am On Dec 15, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
The problem with your boss's analogy is that Nigeria is not a shop it's a nation and if you don't catch the thief who robbed your nation today, rest assured, more thieves are encouraged for tomorrow...in fact tomorrow is too far...

No one has suggested that the thieves should be allowed to go without any punitive measures meted out to them but the president should stop making it the central focus. The nation is bleeding due to lack of attention to critical sectors of the economy. Even, the fight against corruption is one-sided or is it that only people in PDP are corrupt?

Please let face the facts, the President needs to shift his attention to more serious issues and allow the security agencies and judicairy to determine the fate of these looters.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by easybbams: 10:08am On Dec 15, 2015
Hmmmmn, u guy are just shouting closing shop and company sacking peolple frome work. But the truth is that Most company u see benefited from stolen and corruption government, now it is not in favor anymore
Gaborone:

It's so sad.

The other day too, an Aunt of mine was complaining of being stressed out, and I suggested she took a day or two off her leave days to rest. She didn't waste time in saying 'No, this is not the time for taking leave' shocked
The fear of losing jobs is real. When companies are not making as much, downsizing begins, and that's what's happening right now.

Someone was giving me an Economic 101 lecture the other day, and he was like it takes a period of about 6 months for the result of mass retrenchment to start showing. That right now, the I million or so Nigerians who have lost their jobs of recent would still be spending as much as they did while they had jobs, because of the savings which they have kept. But months from now, when their savings have run out, and they haven't found new jobs, they would begin to put their scale of preference in order, and cut down costs. When this happens, they would begin to consume less, and as a result, this would affect 'consumer' companies, because people are not buying as much. When people don't buy as much, company profit drops. When Company profits drop, more people are retrenched and investors would find nothing appealing in the country... and the ripple effect will continue.

I don't know... but at the end of the day, I pray for wisdom for those in government, because when they lack direction, the people suffer.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Standing5(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2015
anonimi:

It is either you lack comprehension or you are a liar?
Which one is applicable for you

Note the use of the word- ALL as against the use of the word some. Then you may understand what this is about.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/ngpqy14me9hk5qty8uc53ap8iowc4elq1111115[/img]
you are very silly to attack me without a point. How did i take the OP words out of context? You desperation is getting clearer still. Grow up dude.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by poundlander: 10:09am On Dec 15, 2015
OP please where are you working. so that I can apply and be stealing your boss's N20 000 everyday. I will work for free. what your boss is ignorant of is that unlike private company. government can spend N100 to recover N1. this will go a long way in reducing or preventing subsequent stealing. if I can pardon a thief you should pardon me too for stealing after my tenure. then let the stealing continue...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by vigasimple(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2015
'Nemo Dat Quod Non Habet'

You cannot give what you don't have.

Buhari can be compared to a bell western telephone operating in the smartphone era.

Sai baba zombies has never show us any blueprint by this president to move the country forward.

He did exactly the same in 1984-1985 and whilst he has a good intentions he was overthrown largely because he lost focus on the rest of the other important sectors.

GEJ was INEXPERIENCED but Buhari is INCOMPETENT
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by xp17(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2015
@op, your boss made no sense at all.

As a president who understands farming, before you plant , you need tree deforestation, bush clearing and burning , then you plant and await bountiful harvest.

But if you just start planting on without first removing all those stuffs that will hinder good harvest, no matter how hard you work, your effort won't bring up anything tangible.

Corruption and terrorism go hand in hand, Yet you call war against corruption a waste of time. Lol . sounds like a typical Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by mescapee: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2015
Richlife247:
It will be difficult to accept some naked truths.. .. .. As the saying goes "a man will never accept defeat (except GEJ) until defeat is accepted as reallity" in the face of serious hardship and excruciating pain of the economy, it will be difficult to accept that the current government is not performing to expectations, accruing to the fact that faith was deposited on the current ruler as the messiah, staunchly!

Having said that, anything that negates their believe will be counted as tantamount to destroying their image and present them as being gullible at their choice. In order not to look so, they continue to throw blames on the past, coming up with irrelevant defence just protect their and look right. Just like the chronic and sentimental Arsenal fans whom in spite of not winning trophies for years (which should be the prime factor for competition) they'll come up with defence like "never mind, we are making money for the club"

In summary, it will be difficult to accept the "parable of the employer in order not to exhibit any format of folly of their choice of messiah.

It was predicted; still they didn't care!

It is now happening; they still don't mind!!

How this will all end is still much unknown. But if HISTORY is anything to go by, it will surely REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by mescapee: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2015
xp17:
@op, your boss made no sense at all.

As a president who understands farming, before you plant , you need tree deforestation, bush clearing and burning , then you plant and await bountiful harvest.

But if you just start planting on without first removing all those stuffs that will hinder good harvest, no matter how hard you work, your effort won't bring up anything tangible.

You call war against corruption a waste of time. Lol . sounds like a typical Nigerian.

It was predicted; still they didn't care!

It is now happening; they still don't mind!!

How this will all end is still much unknown. But if HISTORY is anything to go by, it will surely REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2015
light004:

No one has suggested that the thieves should be allowed to go without any punitive measures meted out to them but the president should stop making it the central focus. The nation is bleeding due to lack of attention to critical sectors of the economy. Even, the fight against corruption is one-sided or is it that only people in PDP are corrupt?

Please let face the facts, the President needs to shift his attention to more serious issues and allow the security agencies and judicairy to determine the fate of these looters.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Milliprime: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2015
Zoharariel:
@OP - Pls be sincere and tell me your boss is not an Igbo man.

They will never see anything wrong with the administration of Ebele - The accursed & Clueless inspite of the can of worms being opened by the EFCC.

You talk irresponsible.

Be mature for once.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 15, 2015
light004:

seriously! Corruption turns the economy into a basket, there's nothing you can do to fill it water until you plug all the holes...Nigeria is in much need of a cultural revolution, have you ever gone out to chat with the average Nigerian youth? Bros nobody cares about the country every one is looking for how to make it and not just make it o, I lavita loca make it. Not only must the corrupt be brought to justice, there must be a public show, display, live coverage, media fan fare etc. to demonstrate to all that we would no longer tolerate the subversion of our collective resources. I'm not a fan of Bubu by a long shot, but on this point, he's right on.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by ElCapone(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2015
SamJed:
this is why some people like u will never get sense....GEJ's regime has gone and gone forever...instead of u to talk about solutions to the problems in Nigeria u will still be blaming someone that is going around collecting awards and recognitions...even buhari ruled nigeria and he was not awarded up to half of what GEJ has gotten...can u tell me that buhari was 100% clean during his PTF time U won't talk of obasanjo because he decamped to ur group....Anyway, people like u need spiritual brain cleansing b4 u will understand...

RECEIVE SENSE
Mr I guess its you who needs to receive sense here, are yhu telling us that you blind to what his officers did when he was in power, we still dat arms deal issue, money meant 4 arms was diverted for campaign purposes by ur clueless hero, see the lives of civilians and soldiers lost as a result of this looting, yet yhu come on here and rant abt stupid awards and recognition. Take it or leave, history wld always judge jonathan and his cohorts for bringing Nigeria to its knees. All we passing through rite nw is as a result of his 6 yrs of cluelessness!!!!
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by fejikudz(m): 10:18am On Dec 15, 2015
Richlife247:
It will be difficult to accept some naked truths.. .. .. As the saying goes "a man will never accept defeat (except GEJ) until defeat is accepted as reallity" in the face of serious hardship and excruciating pain of the economy, it will be difficult to accept that the current government is not performing to expectations, accruing to the fact that faith was deposited on the current ruler as the messiah, staunchly!

Having said that, anything that negates their believe will be counted as tantamount to destroying their image and present them as being gullible at their choice. In order not to look so, they continue to throw blames on the past, coming up with irrelevant defence just protect their and look right. Just like the chronic and sentimental Arsenal fans whom in spite of not winning trophies for years (which should be the prime factor for competition) they'll come up with defence like "never mind, we are making money for the club"

In summary, it will be difficult to accept the "parable of the employer in order not to exhibit any format of folly of their choice of messiah.
What a perfect reply.. 'Rounds of applause'
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by anonimi: 10:18am On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:
you are very silly to attack me without a point. How did i take the OP words out of context? You desperation is getting clearer still. Grow up dude.

Please see below, thanks.

Note the use of the word- ALL as against the use of the word some. Then you may understand what this is about.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Panshow(m): 10:20am On Dec 15, 2015
Is PMB the one going to arrest the looters by himself? The last time I checked, it's the EFCC, so why the rouse? The President is doing his work as a president, the ministers are all performing the ministerial duties. EFCC are performing their duties. So what exactly is your boss trying to say?.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by prettyboi1(m): 10:21am On Dec 15, 2015
People are just being too impatient,that's the major problem. Even though by God's Grace, I have faith in Buhari's government, I am not a sycophant. I would praise when need be and I would criticize when need be...after all my loyalty is to Nigeria as a country and not to any man. However, in running a country, 7 months is damn too small to even see any visible changes (especially when so many problems were inherited from a previous government ). The hard truth is that even 2 years is still too small to see very visible results. The most likely thing after 2 years is that a lot of ground work, networking and alliances would have been made and visible enough for the people to appreciate that government is on a right path, so let's all be patient, objective and patriotic.
Secondly, people saying the country is grounded cos of the president's anti-corruption campaign are getting it all wrong. Nigeria's major source of revenue (cos of our 'mono-economy') is oil and the prices of oil are so freaking low that we can all casually stroll out and buy a barrell for ourselves. Lol. Now,government needs money to run the country alongside the small change it gets from oil now. That need has prompted government to follow our stolen monies while also blocking existing loopholes in the system that made it so easy to steal public money in previous times. Look at the attempts to recover looted public funds as 'diversifying the economy' rather than that 'parable' up there.

God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by SamJed(m): 10:27am On Dec 15, 2015
maajin007:
by there fruit u shall know them;you every development is brought by the foundation platform of the predecessor; gej loot this country and Nigeria is feeling the effect .Some people are trying to figure out the solution to the problem. ogbeni use ur common sense
under this so called looting, the economy was far better than this, fuel wasn't as scarce as this, workers weren't sacked as obtainable now, workers received their salary on time....yet under this so called loot recovery everything has turned worse...even after all the recovery, will it be able to help the economy in any way Amaechi was facing allegations yet they just swept it under the carpet...like 40% of apc members were once in pdp, why are they not being probed...the few that are probed like saraki are still free moving about...don't worry very soon the eyes of u ppl supporting the fraud called change will soon open

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Alaanyihaji(m): 10:27am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:

It's not about seeing anything wrong in Jonathan anymore, it's about the PRESENT administration making us see something right in them.
Thank you jare, pls tell them that the campaigns are over, it's time for action. We need results oriented actions especially towards eliminating the fuel queues all over the country.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by kaboninc(m): 10:29am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

Yesterday at the office, my boss walked up to us -his employees- and gave an impassioned talk about President Buhari's style of governance. He said, while he thought Buhari's attempt at recovering stolen funds were not out of place in itself, he was giving way too much attention to it. According to him, the President's lack of priority in this regard had become counter-productive and had started to prove detrimental to other areas that are in dire need his attention.

To drive home his point, he gave us a parable of an employer who kept N20,000 in his office somewhere, and on coming back to take it, he discovered that one of his Clerks had run off with it. After the discovery, the employer took the keys to the office, locked it up. He ran out with as much fury as he could muster, shouting to the hearing of all who would listen, "Who saw my boy?!!!", "Please, help me find him and get my money!!" All the while this employer was out looking for the stolen money, his shop remained under lock and key, no monies coming out, no monies going in. No customer, no profits in sight; he was making losses with every turn. Yet, ALL that mattered to him remained getting the thief of a boy, and recovering the stolen money.

My boss likened the employer in the above parable to President Buhari. He says our President has practically closed shop -Nigeria- and has decided to channel all his energy into getting stolen funds, forgetting that there is a bigger picture -an economy- that needs urgent attention; forgetting that the country might be going into a recession; forgetting that people are losing their jobs, forgetting that foreign investors are leaving, and more are 'plotting' to close shop and leave Nigeria; forgetting that an economy is not run by stolen funds which are recovered, but that if anything, they are to be regarded as "extras".

The above is how my boss sees things right now, and I agree with him.

I have to agree because, since coming into office, the activities of President Buhari's government has centered around just two things: 1. Foreign trips; and 2. Instigating the prosecution of looters of the past (who I must mention are not pro his government or pro-Apc). While the relevance of the above two can really not be downplayed, the fact remains that attention need to be given to the economy of Nigeria. As my boss said, no country has ever been run on recovered funds. Me thinks he needs to stay home a bit more, and pay attention to the alarms being raised by the World Bank and other bodies about Nigeria's economy. He need to share that attention he is giving the boy who stole the money.

Now, what's your own take about what my boss said?

#As an aside, he needs to stop talking so much about his predecessor -Jonathan. It's only a lazy man that blames his tools all the time.

Cc: lalasticlala

You have Brain!

Your moniker....get weight oh....

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by NemzySeries(m): 10:30am On Dec 15, 2015
U're boss is not far frm d truth but wat nigeria has lost & wat booboo is recovering is far frm d 20k ur boss displayed b4 u guys Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Standing5(m): 10:30am On Dec 15, 2015
anonimi:

Please see below, thanks.

You are getting worse now. All or some how does it affect my analogy? Your desperation is clear.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by jdleo32(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2015
I find ur boss such a brilliant dude it doesn't matter wer he is from.
MY POSITION
In a race u don't bother about those behind you, just care about those before you. This administration is yet to kick off. Just this morning they told us we all have to hit the streets nxt yr with this subsidy news. Get it clearly i am Buhari’s guy and i gave him the mandate to run this economy wisely not foolishly so ama good for the creeks if my vote can deliver me.
Jdleo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by lookingfly: 10:38am On Dec 15, 2015
gists:
ambitious revenue drive my ass...... When will this APC government stop talking (lying) and start working?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Akainzo(m): 10:39am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:

It's so sad.

The other day too, an Aunt of mine was complaining of being stressed out, and I suggested she took a day or two off her leave days to rest. She didn't waste time in saying 'No, this is not the time for taking leave' shocked
The fear of losing jobs is real. When companies are not making as much, downsizing begins, and that's what's happening right now.

Someone was giving me an Economic 101 lecture the other day, and he was like it takes a period of about 6 months for the result of mass retrenchment to start showing. That right now, the I million or so Nigerians who have lost their jobs of recent would still be spending as much as they did while they had jobs, because of the savings which they have kept. But months from now, when their savings have run out, and they haven't found new jobs, they would begin to put their scale of preference in order, and cut down costs. When this happens, they would begin to consume less, and as a result, this would affect 'consumer' companies, because people are not buying as much. When people don't buy as much, company profit drops. When Company profits drop, more people are retrenched and investors would find nothing appealing in the country... and the ripple effect will continue.

I don't know... but at the end of the day, I pray for wisdom for those in government, because when they lack direction, the people suffer.

Did that same guy disclose to you how in Economics 101 the length of time that PREVIOUS. Actions or Inactions lead to companies presently sacking those people?

Did he by any chance inform you of any basis under Economics 101, that an economic performance should be Positive when you lose 50% of your revenue?

It amazes me how people can see companies carrying out cost saving measures due to reduced revenues but choose to expect the government not to tighten spending and recover any misappropriated funds. Either those people aren't being sincere or they simply choose to be ostriches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Impeachment: Labour To Shut Down Ekiti For Fayose As Group Writes CJN / Ben Murray-Bruce Dines At An Italian Restaurant In London. PICS / Nigerian Lady In Tears As She Congratulates Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.