Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,545 members, 7,978,793 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:15 PM

My Problem With English Press - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Problem With English Press (2624 Views)

Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. / Iheanacho Scores But No Hype From The English Press / Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Problem With English Press by loyika(m): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2006
Just passing through and what do i see cheesy

Do i get involved or do i just walk pass wink Nah not in the mood today cool

You all should have fun grin. As it seems the internet is really giving everyone an pooprtunity to be the best they can be (just like Guiness cool)

So you all should just be keyboard happy, at least it helps with your typing Skills, speed and general vocabs cool.

Thank God for Steve Jobs, Bill G, Paul Allen, The United States Defence Dept and everyone that contributed to make Computers and the Internet possible, What would some people do with out it grin.

Oh least i forget Thank God for seun for also giving you all a forum to express yourselves.

Keep on the good work guys. I am really enjoying all the abuse, makes the forum interesting (As Oga Kola and Mr Kit always chose the PG !3 version of insults tongue) Please continue, don't stop now while you all are ahead. (Oga Kola i think you should start a beef thread, so that whenever there is a sign of war springing up, we will just direct folks to that thread, so they can knock themselves out silly wink I DOUBT SEUN WILL HAVE PROBS WITH THAT , as the thread will only be about beef)

As W Jean will say "The record is not over yet" so please people continue, pleaseeeeeeeeeee cry cry cry

cool GOONER 89
Re: My Problem With English Press by tosinadeda: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2006
Pls confess who wrote ur waec for u.
Re: My Problem With English Press by loyika(m): 11:55am On Oct 24, 2006
Hey another salvo has been thrown grin

YES CONFESS WHO WROTE YOUR WEAC FOR YOU

I have no idea who this statement is refering to wink But i am sure the person(s) know themselves and will respond accordingly, let me brace my self for the battle, S@#T!! THIS IS BETTER THAN WATCHING GLADIATOR OR SPARTACUS grin

MORE PEOPLE!! MORE!! cheesy

cool GOONER 89
Re: My Problem With English Press by Jackal(m): 11:56am On Oct 24, 2006
What the heck is waec?
Re: My Problem With English Press by loyika(m): 12:02pm On Oct 24, 2006
Damn that was a body blow grin

Damn can you recover, (MEMO TO MYSELF: having accused someone, you can't spell the damn thing yourself Now that wasn't Gladiator like tongue)

Response people!! response, don't go out like that shocked

cool GOONER 89
Re: My Problem With English Press by tosinadeda: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2006
Now its obvious
Re: My Problem With English Press by loyika(m): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2006
Errr people, whats going on cry

Why the delay , have you all taken a breather

Still waiting angry

cool GOONER 89
Re: My Problem With English Press by kitaun(m): 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Loyika, could you do me a favour and leave umpiring or else it will get dirtier and i wonder if we all don't as mature souls know when to slacken up on some things. How's ur hols been man?
Re: My Problem With English Press by kitaun(m): 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Loyika, could you do me a favour and leave umpiring or else it will get dirtier and i wonder if we all don't as mature souls know when to slacken up on some things. How's ur hols been man?
Re: My Problem With English Press by kitaun(m): 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Tosinadeda, i really dont know what your biz in this was initially?
Re: My Problem With English Press by loyika(m): 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2006
Kitty no mind me Jare cool

I am just trying to show how silly all these arguements are, at least everyone has stopped.

Man the hols was cool, although i dey office sha, so not much of a hols, (although na extra dough sha cheesy)

Will catch you on the Gunners thread.

cool GOONER 89
Re: My Problem With English Press by Vieira(m): 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2006
grin

I swear Jackal is an ass.
Re: My Problem With English Press by Jackal(m): 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2006
@ Vieira,
Jackal is an ass?
For real?
I will take it as a compliment especially when its coming from u.
Re: My Problem With English Press by Vieira(m): 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2006
grin grin grin

I was expecting more hammer blows now.
Re: My Problem With English Press by kitaun(m): 1:44pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Vieira, not again plsss
Re: My Problem With English Press by Jackal(m): 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2006
@ Vieira,
Trust me NOT to do what people trust me to do.
U copy? grin
Re: My Problem With English Press by teeroy(m): 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2006
I'm getting bored of nairaland with all this insults by you guys.
Re: My Problem With English Press by teeroy(m): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2006
I'm getting bored.
Re: My Problem With English Press by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2006
can we now go back to the main argument
Re: My Problem With English Press by kitaun(m): 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2006
Shoot then!!
Re: My Problem With English Press by dayokanu(m): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2006
I am of the opinion that English football is more of media hype. England has never won anything for the past 40years be it world cup, Euro cup, Olympic soccer, U-21, U-17 even female soccer even countries like Ghana, Cameroun, Nigeria, China, Norway, U.S, and other countries have won something in football wonder what the fuss is all about
In Germany everybody blamed Eriksson, wonder who they would blame for not being able to score Macedonia and Croatia
England just media hype
Re: My Problem With English Press by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2006
Chris Waddle ex England international has this to say
"The Premiership is not the best league in the world. The Spanish league is the best in Europe by far."
Re: My Problem With English Press by hustler(m): 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2006
They didnt even let Goran concentrate and do his job.we all kno he is reserved and doesn't really get in to the touch line drama like most wack English coaches .(Pearce and co) but everyone just has to acknowledge that he did a wonderful job at Lazio.And he tried too with England during 2002 and 2004 Euro competition b4 they got destroyed by quality opposition u just have to admit .I believe they could have won the Euro 2004 if they had beaten Portugal,

The Media totally destroyed the focus of the team this yr.They lacked the quality yet their eyes were fixed on the lifting the world cup.How far Mclaren can goTime will tell.signs are that he won't last anyway.

Now they have started hyping Andy Murray and Jenson Button as the next best things in tennis and F1 respectively.

young Andy has got the heart tho but the media, wil they let him get there?to be honest growing up i thought Tim Henman was one of the best players in the world cuz i was always hearing bout him.It's obvious now that he's one of the worst.

I also remember when those drug cheats Darren Campbell and the other guy , is it Lewis Francis?were being hyped as those who could challenge Maurice green and the american domination of the tracks when they did well at their Euro championship, isn't it so evident to see now that our own seyi Fasuba is way better.yet doesn't get the acclaim he deserves.
Re: My Problem With English Press by tosinadeda: 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2006
@hustler
its olusoji fasuba and not seyi fasuba
Re: My Problem With English Press by sage(m): 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2006
Hey you guys should read what a former England international has to say about the English squad. I did not know an English man could be this sincere about the Three tootless Lions

@Jackal i think u should read this. England is a bunch of Crappy Mediocare players all elevated by the press.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=384996&root=england&cc=5739
Re: My Problem With English Press by Jackal(m): 8:42am On Oct 26, 2006
@ sage,
I read ur links very well and i did not see any criticism there.
When a team loses there is bound to be comments here and there.
Where was Bryan Robson when Steve McLaren took the job and won some few games on the bounce.

The fact here is England missed some of their best players against Croatia and they got punished.
The threats of Joe Cole, Michael Owen, Aaron Lennon and David Beckham were all missing due to injury or McLaren's personal beef.
Wayne Rooney is rusty and he is just coming back to terms.
I admit England does not have as many good players like Brazil, France, Argentina or even Nigeria that can assemble 3-5 decent national teams.
My argument is if every member of the English team's first XI stays fit they are capable of beating any team in the world.
Re: My Problem With English Press by teeroy(m): 10:42am On Oct 26, 2006
Chris Waddle was spot on.The prem's mo' hype than substance.
Re: My Problem With English Press by teeroy(m): 10:45am On Oct 26, 2006
Chris Waddle was spot on.
Re: My Problem With English Press by loyika(m): 11:16am On Oct 26, 2006
Please people let us not start this Prem Vs La Liga stuff again We have dealt with this time with out number, and it is boring going through this whole crap once more.

And stop quoting Chris Waddle tongue, when did Waddle become an expert on this (Yes he was a player) has he ever managed a team in his life , and how many other leagues has he played in . So with your arguement, if Ivan Campo, after retiring suddenly comes out with a shocker that he prefered his footie in England, (all be it with Bolton) will anyone seriously take him seriously grin.

Listen guys i can paste statements from those in the know when it comes to football, who state/claim that the Prem is the best, but you all seem to forget. BEAUTY IS IN THE ETYE OF THE BEHOLDER

SO STOP COMPARING LEAGUES tongue, As you slyly forget to compare National teams, Pray tell Teeroy WHAT MAJOR TROPHY HAS THE SPAINISH NATIONAL SIDE EVER WON, HAVE THEY WON THE WORLD CUP, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THEY WON THE EUROS, COMPARE THEIR MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS WITH THE ENGLISH TEAM EVER AND TELL ME IF YOU CAN COMPARE ACCOLADES.

As much as we are trying to make our points, lets not degenerate into counter arguements, but stick to the topic at hand, there is a thread already available for this arguement (Prem Vs La Liga)

KEEP ON THE GOOD WORK GUYS cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: My Problem With English Press by teeroy(m): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2006
Waddle played for Marseille & won the champs league there.
Re: My Problem With English Press by loyika(m): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2006
Deco won the CL with Porto and Barca, so i guess his opinions should count for so much.

Teeroy, like i said BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER Waddle even if he played in Heaven is not an Authority, if you had quoted Gary lineaker, John Barnes, Alan hansen or even Alan "Bully" Shearer tongue probably i would have taken note. C Waddle (even with his sublime skill) is not and never will be a footballer i would pay money to listen to.

My point generally was that; there is already a thread for that topic and we should all stick to the topic at hand.

Cheers mate cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: My Problem With English Press by kitaun(m): 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2006
@Teeroy, why embarass yourself in this manner? Isn't the issue at hand the problem with the English Press why drag the Premiership into it? Can u deny that its the most well-packaged league in the world? But even at that we are x-raying the press and the effect on the national team and their players not comparing with la liga. Lest i forget why even mention Chris Waddle? U might as well have mentioned Dan Amokachi!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea And Spurs Chase Sani Emmanuel / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe / FCT Minister Reaffirms Commitment To Hosting NSF 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.