Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,593 members, 7,978,980 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:54 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (338138 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2011
HourGlass1:

I mind. But i know its not over here, i still heard there was a fight today between the winner and the won. Another good news is that the weather has changed now, its not dark in the morning anymore
No problem! That's good then! Go at it!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2011
@ Gen, your food today sounds really nice and healthy. Shame about the gym though, good you're going with plan b. Just need to keep yourself motivated.
@ agaba, they are indeed wink

@HG, thanks for the encouragement. you are right, i only gained 5kg in 6mths and all of a sudden this 3kg has pounced on me. I think my metabolism is reduced or sumthing and the plain and simple fact is i have been overeating. My food logs are not saintly at all, esp when i think of the portions. I bought some health and fitness mags today whilst at the supermarket, i love reading stuff like that. Its a mental battle, this one.
Hope you can start running again.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2011
babs2011:

@ agaba, they are indeed wink

You can say that again grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 8:34am On Apr 29, 2011
31 mins of tae bo (basic cardio). No rest, no modifications. Nice and warm
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2011
HourGlass1:

31 mins of tae bo (basic cardio). No rest, no modifications. Nice and warm
Great to see you are increasing the minutes, good job, your stamina will keep improving.

@Agaba, been meaning to ask you how you measure your running distance e.g when you run 7km do you use a pedometer or similar gadget to measure this? Also how many mins does it take you to run 6km/7km? I tend to use minutes run rather than distance as I have no clue how far a km is, lol.

Exercise:

This morning i went for a run, about 25-30mins in total (had to stop to power walk and catch my breath a few times).

Did some Skipping - 850 Skips (about 25mins)

Apart from that I've been enjoying the BH watching this royal wedding thing, grin i love a fairytale wedding, i pray it lasts.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2011
Today log

100 bicycle crunches
100 plank rows

Babs

I use google maps to check the distance. It is actually an estimate to me. could be more or less.
It takes me about 30 minutes to get that done.
On a thread mill 5km goes for 23 mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2011
I use mins too, and i also use google earth/maps to measure too. I realized when walking i do 1km in 10 mins, running in 8 mins/1km. @123 is it possible to do 5k for 23 mins while on land with impact and dodging vehicles etc
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
HourGlass1:

I use mins too, and i also use google earth/maps to measure too. I realized when walking i do 1km in 10 mins, running in 8 mins/1km. @123 is it possible to do 5k for 23 mins while on land with impact and dodging vehicles etc
Well if you are in a city with walkways you won't have problems with vehicles you know.
What I normally if there is no walkway is to wake up early.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2011
Sorry i dey inside village and no walkways o, how i go come do am?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2011
Well, manage to wake up a bit early before the traffic increases.

The distance does not matter really. Whatever you do for 30 minutes is surely enough as far you are running.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2011
@Agaba, thanks for the info. Will use google maps next time to measure the distance. I also prefer waking up early to run, more to do with the fact i'm still quite self concious whilst running so prefer it if its nice and quiet.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
Thanks 123. Food: 7:30am - 2 bananas + 1 scoop of protein shake + 1/2 cup juice, 12pm - 2.5 cups rice, 1 wrap moimoi + 1 meat, 3pm - 1 handful of peanuts, dinner - rice and plantain + spinach.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2011
HourGlass1:

Thanks 123. Food: 7:30am - 2 bananas + 1 scoop of protein shake + 1/2 cup juice, 12pm - 2.5 cups rice, 1 wrap moimoi + 1 meat, 3pm - 1 handful of peanuts, dinner - rice and plantain + spinach.
You are welcome
babs2011:

@Agaba, thanks for the info. Will use google maps next time to measure the distance. I also prefer waking up early to run, more to do with the fact i'm still quite self concious whilst running so prefer it if its nice and quiet.
Good! Self conscious some perv will staring at your thighs? grin wear track suit then
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by nonnyp(f): 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2011
28/04/2011 B-a serving of jollof rice and a piece of fish.Lunch-sipped garri,groundnut,with 2 cubes of sugar.Dinner-4 fist of garri with ogbono soup with pomon. exercise-50 skips.@ all thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
Chei, all of a sudden, asoky de hungry mee ooo.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2011
@nonny, nice try. Are you also a starter like me? What is asoky 123? Modath where art thou? Hope all is well? How is ur therapy going? Pls bring romeo along when you are coming o, at least election is done. Really missing the guy today.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2011
HourG,

Asoky=garium sulphate = soaked garry
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
HourGlass1:

? Modath where art thou? Hope all is well? How is your therapy going? Pls bring romeo along when you are coming o, at least election is done. Really missing the guy today.

Right here!!,i no go for my therapy because i dey do market runs for the house,school will resume next week so am getting my kids all prepped up for resumption.
My feeling is that R4R has been lurking somewhere on the thread,he'll speak up when his ready!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
Food log

Breakfast - Full English breakfast consisting of 2 slices bread, 2 slices bacon, 1 sausage , 1 fried egg and baked beans and cup of coffee with milk grin
Lunch - 1 slice of boiled yam and stew
Dinner - Chicken piece and salad.
Snack - popcorn

@agaba, i already wear tracksuit, i just feel i stand out, funny enough when i see an oyibo lady jogging it just seems normal but with a black woman its like pple look twice both oyibos and the blacks hm, though maybe its in my mind undecided. I'm getting better at not sending and just losing myself in my music and the running, though not too much so i don't get run over!

@modath, was wondering where you were. How is the back?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
babs2011:

@agaba, i already wear tracksuit, i just feel i stand out, funny enough when i see an oyibo lady jogging it just seems normal but with a black woman its like pple look twice both oyibos and the blacks hm, though maybe its in my mind undecided. I'm getting better at not sending and just losing myself in my music and the running, though not too much so i don't get run over!

Well you are not alone in that. I have never met or seen a black guy running outside and when I pass by some blacks they either stare, laugh or make comments. It does not get to me rather it spurs me to run harder grin

If i know say you dey watch me, I go begin form na you go look taya
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2011
But why the stare anyways? It makes me more focused though. In my own village their stare is outta surprise how a lady will be doing this! On the other hand the guys i meet in the morning tend to encourage me and spur me on by doubling me up most times, lol. 123, you no dey naija abi?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2011
Yea
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2011
yeah HG its the same here o. i don't know why the stares you know, but esp the black peeps, they look at one with an incredulous stare as if ' nawa you really have no problem in ur life for you to be running.' Also when i first started running my inlaws (they live in the same area) were driving past and saw me running they actually started horning and shouting across the road that 'what am i doing??'. Its like i was commiting a crime lol. As per the oyibo's i think its more like a novelty to see a black woman jogging esp that not too many blacks in my area.

Agaba nice one though, giving them sumthing to really stare at haha
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:42am On Apr 30, 2011
@Agaba and Babs,
You guys are in obodo oyibo so you have it easy,i have been told that am giving people the impression that am going through a rough patch in my marriage which is why am dropping weight,i have also been advised to stop giving my husband a bad name!!!!when i go to parties and i refuse to take mayo laden coleslaw,refuse fried meat/chicken i come across as whiny,needy and a boring nag.

A friend of mine told me she will only give me water in her home cos everything she offers me i have a problem with,must i like fried foods,fatty cuts of meat or carbonated drinks.i dont want to develop metabolic issues,i have skeletal issues[though i just found out] that packing on pounds is only going to aggravavate .people think its because i am currently unemployed[used to be in banking] that am using ''EXERCISE'' to while away the time,what a load of crock!!!!!

I give as good as i get so they tread carefully with their lectures/advises,I wanna look hot for my husband,i want people to see and not prejudge me as a lazy slob who cannot be trusted with planning and organization,i had to tell a friend that exercising is better than watching Africa magic[boring idumota traders' melodramas] because it is a brain numbing activity,whereas an hour exercise gives you a better I.Q grin grin

My back is all correct now,i think its the impact from running and skipping that sets my back off,now that i am no longer involved in such activities i have felt a tremendous relief even my sciatic pain is almost completely gone.as for my shoulder/neck,its the lateral raises,overhead press and my love ''push ups'' .i love push ups but what do i do.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2011
I have realised no one can understand your plight when it comes to weight loss except they jump into the same wagon with you unfortunately many people wont. Sorry to say this but especially married folks. Soon they would start whining and cursing single for staying fit and attractive for their sweethearts. I dont preach infidelity but my father do tell me that its not the issue of voodoo a good and tasty soup will taste good. There is a mother of 3 pregnant with the fourth in my office now, the backside is so large i always wonder why she is dat careless to allow it to grow so big just like paloma's in BB4. Now she eats like worm, its all she does, its what she spends her monthly income on, despite all advices from me, she tells me its image problem ave got and even with a diabetic mum she is not bothered. I eventually stopped talking and looked on, ma here we go dey na. To finish the drama, i was told her babies are always no bigger than 150cl eva bottle at birth, meaning she is actually eating for herself not the babies. Just as i said weight loss program had tot me more than calorie counting and workouts, it tot me to be focused despite ALL.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2011
8:10am - 2 puff puff

9:15am - 44mins taebo basic cardio ( shocked)

11:10am - 2.5 cups rice, 3 dodo + 1 ponmon

3:10pm - 2 handfuls soaked garri + a handful peanuts + 3 cubes sugar + 2 heaped tbspns

Dinner - 1 cup beans

I am feeling really weak after the exercise till now. Its looks strange though, i hope i dint overdo this

@modath, kiss the kids for me, cant wait to have some grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2011
New changes! Your body must react for the first time or after a long time. Just some good rest!!!!!!!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2011
Hi All,

My log Saturday 30 April 2011
Water :2L

Excercise:
Water: 2L

Exercise: 10 mins (intense)
Squatting
Squat thrusts
Press ups
Bicycle crunches -lying and moving legs in cycling motion
Plank

Food:
4-5 slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter /  magarine/ soft cheese
Herbal tea with milk
1 pear
2 x boiled egg
2x broccoli servings
rice (approx 200g) with stew + meat.
yoghurt

@babs2011,
thanks for the encouragement

@nonnyp
do not for get to drink at least 2.5L water

@HourGlass1
You probably need good rest, you may be becoming ill

Updates:

Yesterday Friday ( Bank Holiday ) Ate plenty moi moi, almost half loaf of bread and cereal and scone and handfuls of  peanuts and banana with no excercise and drank very little water

Went home thursday  28/4/111 went into kitchen and SGIM
Started eating like it was going out of business sad
Ate approx  hal kilo rice with another 150g moi moi
several slices of bread + other stuff
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2011
Today

300 bicycle crunches
200 seated Obligue twists
200 plank rows
40 push ups
plank

@general peanut
You did well by eating all that madam cooked angry
Were you able to get the accessories I recommended?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:36pm On May 01, 2011
GenBuhari:

Updates:

Yesterday Friday ( Bank Holiday ) Ate plenty moi moi, almost half loaf of bread and cereal and scone and handfuls of  peanuts and banana with no excercise and drank very little water

Went home thursday  28/4/111 went into kitchen and SGIM
Started eating like it was going out of business sad
Ate approx  hal kilo rice with another 150g moi moi
several slices of bread + other stuff

@Gen, can totally relate to the above, its like there is this little thing possessing one to eat, eat and eat! But glad to see you draw a line under it and move on.

Hour_Glass:

9:15am - 44mins taebo basic cardio ( shocked)

^^ Go girl, you really pushed yourself, cheesy just make sure you have a lighter workout tmrw and then you can do it in intervals.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:39pm On May 01, 2011
Sunday 30th April

Exercise:

20mins run, 10 mins skipping (200 skips)

Food:

Breakfast - Cereal and milk
Lunch- Fried rice, grilled chicken, salad
Dinner - more fried rice (a smaller portion)
Snacks - ice lolly, 2 small pieces of choc
Drinks - Water

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (230) (Reply)

Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.