Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,617 members, 7,951,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:20 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (336526 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 01, 2011
Sunday 1st may 2011

Exercise:
10mins intense
squatting
squat thrusts
press ups
bicycle crunches
plank

Food:
2 slices wholemeal bread with magarine
rice - approx 200g , with stew
goat and trip  pepper soup approx 150g
Broccoli
2 handfuls of peanuts

Water:2L
@babs2011
totally!
but I heard that sobaging ourselves is part of human nature, this is why I own it immediately and start afresh the very next day.
I am much more disciplined at work, I am seriously considering banning myself from the kitchen when I get home in the evening if iam hungry.
I also think I hit the kitchen to procatinate on things I need to be getting on with at home undecided
babs2011:

@Gen, can totally relate to the above, its like there is this little thing possessing one to eat, eat and eat! But glad to see you draw a line under it and move on.
Also  you never logged how much water you drank
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:41pm On May 01, 2011
GenBuhari:

Sunday 30th April

Exercise:

Food:
2 slices wholemeal bread with magarine
rice - approx 200g , with stew
goat and trip  pepper soup approx 150g
Broccoli

@babs2011
totally!
but I heard that sobaging ourselves is part of human nature, this is why I own it immediately and start afresh the very next day.
I am much more disciplined at work, I am seriously considering banning myself from the kitchen when I get home in the evening if iam hungry.
I also think I hit the kitchen to procatinate on things I need to be getting on with at home undecidedAlso you never logged how much water you drank
There is no nuts in that? Check well please angry
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 01, 2011
ok, thanks for reminding me , now corrrected grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2011
GenBuhari:

ok, thanks for reminding me , now corrrected grin
Good man grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:06pm On May 01, 2011
GenBuhari:

Also  you never logged how much water you drank
^^ Yeah i tend to drink from a glass straight from the tap and drink lots but don't actually keep track as per how many glasses i drink a day. Its usualy more than 8 sha, is that up to 2ltrs?

I'm right now tempted to raid the fridge. Resist i say, resist! grin Think i'll head to the safety of my bed lol.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:41pm On May 01, 2011
Some people should be nicknamed  fridge raiders no longer tomb raiders sad
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:10am On May 02, 2011
@babs2011
Please do not raid the fridge !!

Have another glass of water.

regarding recording water you drink, I use a pint glass which is a little over 0.5 Litres
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 8:36am On May 02, 2011
Thanks everyone for your care. It was actually strange to feel dat way after exercise, i may be sore but not weak. Anyways, painkillers helped out too. Rested yesterday and non yet today, but its going to be strength training. Food log yesterday included, 2 pkts of biscuits, rice and vegetables, 1 hardboiled egg, 5 tiny pieces of plantain, 1/2 glass of fruit juice and 1 can of coca cola, i just had to take it pls. When am done with my exercise, i ll update.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 12:34pm On May 02, 2011
agabaI23:

Some people should be nicknamed  fridge raiders no longer tomb raiders sad
^^ Take ur time o angry are you the 'nickname giver' or what?? I will find one for you too o, wink

Don't worry all I didn't raid the fridge after all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:39pm On May 02, 2011
babs2011:

^^ T[b]ake your time o[/b] angry are you the 'nickname giver' or what?? I will find one for you too o, wink

Don't worry all I didn't raid the fridge after all.

I have got plenty of time to take -wrist watch by my side, time on my mobile phone, wall clock is too big. Which one should I take? tongue

On the positive, thank God you did not raid the poor fridge again grin grin grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 3:41pm On May 02, 2011
300 bicycle crunches
200 seat oblique twists
200 plank rows
40 push ups
plank
100 airboxing
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 5:56pm On May 02, 2011
@Agaba well done o, cheeky,

Anyways; No exercise today.

Food:

Breakfast - 1 slice of yam and 1 fried egg, cup of coffee with milk.
Lunch - 1 Bread roll
Dinner - Plantain and beans (made with palm oil)
Snack- Yogurt.
Over 2ltrs water
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:07pm On May 02, 2011
A positive note, i weighed myself this morning and i've lost 2kg grin yay!
I had posted last week about how i suddenly gained 3kg in a short space of time -went up to 66kg from 63. Now i'm at 64kg so quite chuffed with that. (I now realise why the sudden large gain in the short time though, erm, ladies don't weigh yourself around totm, it makes a great difference wink grin. )
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:47pm On May 02, 2011
@All,
How y'all doing?.

@Babs,
I suspected TOM but didn't want to make you uncomfortable.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 10:22am On May 03, 2011
Hi all! Hmmmmmm, never gave thought to af period o, i understand better now. Yesterday was a day of so much chores and i ended up not touching my dumbbells. Food was good but scanty. Today: 60 reverse crunches, 65 bicycle crunches, 30 overhead press, 20 arm curls, 2 30 seconds planks on elbows. Stretched a bit. Not eaten yet and am terribly hungry now.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 10:35am On May 03, 2011
I was 2kg weigh in throughout last week, but this week it came down to 80kg again. I really desire to leave this place that am tied to, at least i should not conclude that my body is satisfied with this level, this is just too high considering where am going. *sighs*
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2011
HourGlass1:

Hi all! Hmmmmmm, never gave thought to af period o, i understand better now. Yesterday was a day of so much chores and i ended up not touching my dumbbells. Food was good but scanty. Today: 60 reverse crunches, 6[b]5 bicycle crunches[/b], 30 overhead press, 20 arm curls, 2 30 seconds planks on elbows. Stretched a bit. Not eaten yet and am terribly hungry now.
Somebody is doing something right. grin Go at it
HourGlass1:

I was 2kg weigh in throughout last week, but this week it came down to 80kg again. I really desire to leave this place that am tied to, at least i should not conclude that my body is satisfied with this level, this is just too high considering where am going. *sighs*

Now you do not have to despair. What is you target again? You prolly should forget about checking your weight daily. Do it by weekly. Get on with the job and be satisfied you are doing something right. Do not starve.

There is one thing I have heard several times, eating solid breakfast or lunch keeps less hungry and you end up eating less throughout the day without your body feeling starved or cheated.
I think it is true
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:44am On May 03, 2011
Hi all,

Tuesday 3rd May 2011

Exercise:
1hr 50min easy walk

10mins of exercise:

squats

squat thrusts

plank

bicycle crunches

press ups

Food:

bowl of oats porridged mixed with some high fibre cereal

cup of coffee

1 banana

2 handfuls of mixed nuts

2 boiled eggs

2 slice wholemeal bread with peanut butter

20g dark chocolate

sliced ryvita crisp bread with cottage cheese topping

few more  spoons of porridge oats with honey
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 11:56am On May 03, 2011
I wish i can stop checking bruv, except i ll throw the stuff away. I will continue doing my best, my goal is 60 - 65 by December. You think i will like this? So many things to do with less time and resources.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 2:50pm On May 03, 2011
agabaI23:

There is one thing I have heard several times, eating solid breakfast or lunch keeps less hungry and you end up eating less throughout the day without your body feeling starved or cheated.
I think it is true

^^ i echo agaba's words of wisdom though i wish i practiced it more in real life smiley

@HG, pls don't get discouraged. I've been where you're at, even slightly heavier. I started my weight loss journey at my heaviest post preg weight of 83kg. The weight was dropping but slowly. I wasn't doing anything too radical. Then it sort of ground to a halt around 73kg before i switched things around introduced more intensity to my w/o and the weight started dropping till i'm now 64kg,
The time frame you have given yourself is good. This is not a sprint, its a journey. One day at a time. Ok i'll stop with the cliches but you get my drift. You might need to tweak things a bit so your body is not plateauing, this involves both your food and the workouts. It doesn't have to be long workouts, maybe just short burst of intense ones. Shock your body.
As per the scales yeah it can be addictive and weighing yourself daily does not always show up much difference. I weigh weekly then keep the scales in the storage cupboard till next time!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:37pm On May 03, 2011
Tuesday 3rd May

Exercise:

90mins Brisk Walk

25mins JM 30 day Shred Dvd Level 2 ( what a killer, ouch!)

Food:

Breakfast - 2 slices of toast with butter. Coffee
Lunch - fist size pounded yam and okra soup, 1 beef and 1 chicken
Dinner - Cereal with milk
Water 2ltr +
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:40pm On May 03, 2011
Today

30 mins walk and 10 mins walk around shop
I no try?

Total of 40 mins walk. After somebody here dey log 20 mins walk.
I no mention anybody's name fyi
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:10pm On May 03, 2011
agabaI23:

Today

I no try?

^^
no, you no try at all, check me out at 90mins hehe! cool you have permission to nickname me 'the walking queen' for today. (actually it was a one off due to my car going in for servicing, had to walk everywhere today).

Anyway what were you doing walking round shops? Were you window shopping? thought you yabbed GenB the other day for doing such 'women's activity' grin pot, kettle, hmm tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:39pm On May 03, 2011
babs2011:

^^
no, you no try at all, check me out at 90mins hehe! cool you have permission to nickname me 'the walking queen' for today. (actually it was a one off due to my car going in for servicing, had to walk everywhere today).

Anyway what were you doing walking round shops? Were you window shopping? thought you yabbed GenB the other day for doing such 'women's activity' grin pot, kettle, hmm tongue
When I saw 90 mins, I said her car must be in the mechanic and you just confirmed it.
OK your name for today wakabout. That's better grin

You cannot windowshop for only 10 mins. I went to for grocery shopping and it took only 10 minutes if not less.
pat me on the back grin grin

BTW 40 mins na twice 20 mins. grin grin grin

Where is General peanut sef?

BTW you try sha after shreding your fat, the 90 mins walk na extra extra. That tells you that you have not reached your limit yet. Keep going at it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 03, 2011
Dis guy agabaI23 sef!

What a comedian angry

check my log again for today grin

agabaI23:

Today

I no try?

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:40pm On May 03, 2011
GenBuhari:

Dis guy agabaI23 sef!

What a comedian  angry

check my log again  for today  grin

Yipeee, 1hr 50 mins of walking abeg remove easy grin That's cute!
And to add palm kernel oil to the rice you did 10 minutes of real exercise

Thank God for Obama for killing osama. Keep it up General peanut.
You see laugh for my face?
If you increase your intensity any further, I will remove the peanut from your name
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 03, 2011
U will be glad to know , that as you have removed Buhari from from my name, I have decided to add it to your name angry angry

From now on I am re-naming you agaBuhari grin

btw intensity is nothing new to me, been there and done it and got the t-shirt, for me right now it all about sustainability smiley
agabaI23:

Yipeee, 1hr 50 mins of walking abeg remove easy grin That's cute!
And to add palm kernel oil to the rice you did 10 minutes of real exercise

Thank God for Obama for killing osama. Keep it up General peanut.
You see laugh for my face?
If you increase your intensity any further, I will remove the peanut from your name
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:03pm On May 03, 2011
GenBuhari:

U will be glad to know , that as you have removed Buhari from from my name, I have decided to add it to your name angry angry

From now on I am re-naming you agaBuhari grin

btw intensity is nothing new to me, been there and done it and got the t-shirt, for me right now it all about sustainability smiley

tongue tongue tongue That does not fit well. Look am now!(waffi style) You go see say e no fit at all. I can teach you how to coordinate a naming ceremony if  lipsrsealed

OK congrats on the T-shirt  but is that why you were walking 20 minutes a day? wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:12am On May 04, 2011
I am in lag and i need to get a good elliptical (i no fit try abuja shops).i dont want anything fancy i just want something that will last for me and its cost effective.anyone who knows anyone should point me to the right person.i know cheap is cheap for reason but i no get plenty money oooo.i need a response between today and tommorrow but will hit stadium and shoprite today.

@Babs,
I miss Natalie(30 day shred) hu hu hu.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:09am On May 04, 2011
modath:

@Babs,
I miss Natalie(30 day shred) hu hu hu.
^^ Hope you find a suitable elliptical. Yeah grin I'm on Natalies team all the way. Though i notice she cheats sometimes when Jillian ain't looking smiley The thing tough sha but it feels good after.

agabaI23:

tongue tongue tongue That does not fit well. Look am now!(waffi style) You go see say e no fit at all. I can teach you how to coordinate a naming ceremony if  lipsrsealed

^ @Agaba, your official nickname is 'bug' remember? Courtesy of our dearest HG (where you dey gan??). You are GenB's systems bug. grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:12am On May 04, 2011
babs2011:

^^ Hope you find a suitable elliptical. Yeah grin I'm on Natalies team all the way. Though i notice she cheats sometimes when Jillian ain't looking smiley The thing tough sha but it feels good after.
^ @Agaba, your official nickname is 'bug' remember? Courtesy of our dearest HG (where you dey gan??). You are GenB's systems bug. grin
You can add ger to bug to make it 'bugger' and now that's better, 'simples'
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:35am On May 04, 2011
Hi All,
My log Wednesday 4th May 2011

water:

Exercise:1hr 10mins walk

Food:

porridge oats with milk and honey

slice of wholemeal bread with peanut butter spread

My log Wednesday 4th May 2011

water:2.5L

Exercise:1h 10mins moderate walk

Food:

1 cup of coffee
porridge oats with milk and honey
slice of wholemeal bread with peanut butter spread

20g dark chocolate 85% cocoa

100g of mixed nuts

4 boiled eggs

5 slices wholemeal with margarine or stew

75g peanuts

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (230) (Reply)

Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.