Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. (50817 Views)

Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd / PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo / DasukiGate: We Won’t Release Metuh, Until He Returns N400m — EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Smartgunna: 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
cckris:
Gitmo is in Cuba, and US Courts have no jurisdiction there.

No you're not entirely correct. The supreme court ruled that although Gitmo is in Cuba, it is still under the purview of US courts.
Happy New Year.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by cheruv: 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Infantility is me wasting my time on unintelligent ramblings by you and your kind..
Childish rants!!!

Can't you get any better than this

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by joe4christ(m): 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
Achuwa1:
Pmb is toeing the part of destruction by allowing fg agencies not to obey court orders & i think his advisers have failed to let him realise tht he is a president in a democratic government,not a president of a military govt.
. Mark my words,,,he will not finish his tenure with the part he is toeing,,do u know why ?...
because the senate will get fed up with his military system of govt,then gang up against him & impeach him or the wrath of God will fall on him..
i foresee him resisting impeachment & tht will lead to unrest,but will later calm down by the time osibanjo takes up the mantle of leadership coz God is watching.

Keep dreaming, enemy of National progress...
Impeach ko, impair ni!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by erico2k2(m): 6:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
Timbuktou:

Well, Kanu is free to raise that in his defence. Right now both sides are trying to outsmart each other.
The issue of how he came into Nigeria is just speculation. Was not brought in as a charge. It's hearsay.so it won't be mentioned in court. The will be trashed in 1 sec.in 2007 I used a TC to travel to Nigeria from the UK.so it's no big deal.mind you he has a British passport as well.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by murfii8o: 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
Weselion:
Just Imagine if the Boko Haram leader is caught and a court orders for his release?

Nnamdi Kalu is a budding terrorist and should be treated like one.

Dasuki diverted funds meant for military artillery, some soldiers were prosecuted for not obeying orders due to absence of weapons and a court is putting him on bail?

Nigeria cannot move forward until citizens stop being hypocrites

Good talk
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by Splashme: 12:50am On Jan 02, 2016
etebefia:
i am not suprise at buhari's refusal to court orders, however i am suprise at the level of illetracy among some Nigerians who are so happy with this, it might be dusuki and kanu today, who knows whom it will be tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria Won’t Release 2 Detainees Despite Court Orders. Washington Post. by laudate: 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
Curlieweed:

First, Gitmo isn't technically part of the US. That's the reason the detainees were kept there. It creates the required environment to keep them in legal limbo (or purgatory if you want).

Secondly, none of the Gitmo detainee is a US citizen.

In this case these people are Nigerians held on Nigerian soil but some criminals in power refuse to obey the simple principles of separation of powers and the rule of law. You can't enforce the law by breaking the law. That kind of arbitrary abuse of power is a pure recipe for anarchy .

I'm not in anyway surprised by all this. Anybody could have predicted that the Mumuharri , the Daura President is too daft to understand how an orderly modern society works.

Enjoy your change ! E no concern me.

Is Nnamdi Kanu a Nigerian citizen? I thought he was a Biafran...?? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Billionaires Dangote, Femi Otedola, Jim Ovia At The Inauguration / Tinubu's Massive Convoy (Video) / Kano State Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2016 - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.