Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,168 members, 7,943,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:25 AM

Who Is Afraid Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Afraid Of God? (876 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / An Atheist That Is Afraid Of The Dark!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Afraid Of God? by huxley2(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2009
Are you afraid ( or scared ) of God? Does he instill fear into you? Are you afraid of his infamous wrath? WHY?
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by skyone(m): 10:36am On Jun 13, 2009
Only a nonsensical post like this will come from Thomas Huxley.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by manmustwac(m): 11:06am On Jun 13, 2009
skyone:

Only a nonsensical post like this will come from Thomas Huxley.
Arn't u afraid of death? arn't u afraid of what will happen when u die? isn't that why u are a christian? why is it nonsensical?
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by skyone(m): 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2009
manmustwac:

Arn't u afraid of death? arn't u afraid of what will happen when u die? isn't that why u are a christian? why is it nonsensical?

Sorry angry. However death and fearing God is not thesame thing.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2009
manmustwac:

I must say you're wrong. True Christians aren't afraid of what will happen when they die.

When will you guys start posting facts and not sentimental personal opinions?
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by Horus(m): 11:12pm On Jun 13, 2009
Fear is one of the most debilitating emotion. If you look up the word for fear you’ll get "phobos, phobia, fear, terror, dread.” Any religious who use the cultivation of fear mislead you. If most preachers, pastor or reverends took the time to research, they’d realize the danger in what they preach by using the cultivation of fear and what they’re putting into the heads of children.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by Tudor4(m): 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2009
The FEAR of god is the begining of wisdom. . . Only religion can make fear into a good and desirable thing
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by toneyb: 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2009
You have to be afriad of Yaweh. The Almighty god of the universe  grin.

"Adore and tremble for our God
Is a consuming fire!
His jealous eyes with wrath inflame,
And raise His vengeance higher.
"Almighty vengeance, how it burns,
How bright His fury glows!
Vast magazines of plagues and storms
Lie treasured for His foes.

"Those heaps of wrath, by slow degrees,
Are force into a flame:
But kindled, Oh! how fierce they blaze!
And rend all nature's frame.

"At His approach the mountains flee,
And seek a watery grave;
The frighted sea makes haste away,
And shrinks up every wave.

"Through the wide air the weighty rocks
Are swift as hailstones hurled;
Who dares engage His fiery rage,
That shakes the solid world?

"Thy hand shall on rebellious kings
A fiery tempest pour,
While we, beneath Thy sheltering wings,
Thy just revenge adore."

Due 13:4
Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2009
fear is the reason all the atheists will be on this page. Fear of death and the unknown . . . if they truly didnt care like they love to pretend then you wonder why they are here at all.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by toneyb: 11:45pm On Jun 13, 2009
davidylan:

fear is the reason all the atheists will be on this page. Fear of death and the unknown . . . if they truly didnt care like they love to pretend then you wonder why they are here at all.

We are here the same reason you are always on the Islamic thread. The fact that you are desperately holding unto your faith purely because of your own fear of death and the unknown does not mean that we are at all fearful, If we are ever fearful we wont be here ridiculing and mocking you almighty and powerful yahweh. Stop tying to console by deluding yourself into thinking that we are fearful. Fearful of what?
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 13, 2009
toneyb:

We are here the same reason you are always on the Islamic thread. The fact that you are desperately holding unto your faith purely because of your own fear of death and the unknown does not mean that we are at all fearful, If we are ever fearful we wont be here ridiculing and mocking you almighty and powerful yahweh.

the same threadbare response . . . i wasnt expecting a cerebral answer.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by toneyb: 11:50pm On Jun 13, 2009
davidylan:

the same threadbare response . . . i wasnt expecting a cerebral answer.

Stop trying to console yourself by thinking and deluding yourself with the thought that we are fearful. What are we supposed to be fearful about, You?
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by bawomolo(m): 12:03am On Jun 14, 2009
davidylan:

Why should an atheist be scared of the unknown?

You seem to be confusing atheists with agnostics.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by toneyb: 12:12am On Jun 14, 2009
bawomolo:

Why should an atheist be scared of the unknown?
You seem to be confusing atheists with agnostics.

If Atheist were ever afraid of the unknown or of any god they will be theist. The fact that we always ridicule and mock all deities is enough to show that we are not afraid of any of such imaginary beings.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by bawomolo(m): 12:19am On Jun 14, 2009
toneyb:

If Atheist were ever afraid of the unknown or of any god they will be theist. The fact that we always ridicule and mock all deities is enough to show that we are not afraid of any of such imaginary beings.

Good point. i know davidylan isn't afraid not to follow the quoran. What's the big deal if we care about one less god.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by C2H5OH(f): 12:21am On Jun 14, 2009
The one God you have chosen to neglect is the true God.

Atheists are super concerned with christianity for that reason alone.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:22am On Jun 14, 2009
Is not the fear of God the Beginning of Wisdom. . . .and it isn't fear in retrospect. . .it means Giving God reverence and respect. . . . smiley
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by bawomolo(m): 1:02am On Jun 14, 2009
C2H5OH:

The one God you have chosen to neglect is the true God.

Atheists are super concerned with christianity for that reason alone.

Umm atheists are typically concerned with the religions they were raised in.

Also non-absolutist religions like taoism or sikhism are usually considered a lesser threat than Christianity or Islam. 

TOYOSI20:

Is not the fear of God the Beginning of Wisdom. . . .and it isn't fear in retrospect. . .it means Giving God reverence and respect. . . . smiley

what God though? do we actually know the nature of this God
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:04am On Jun 14, 2009
Errr. . . .don't u believe that u were created by a supreme being. . . .err FAITH ?? shocked shocked
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by bawomolo(m): 1:09am On Jun 14, 2009
TOYOSI20:

Errr. . . .don't u believe that u were created by a supreme being. . . .err FAITH ?? shocked shocked

what supreme being though. It's one thing to assert we were created by a supreme being, it's another to assert these all-important and powerful supreme being wants to be worshiped by his creations.

Anyway are you down for a late-nite bible study cool
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:12am On Jun 14, 2009
bawomolo:

what supreme being though. It's one thing to assert we were created by a supreme being, it's another to assert these all-important and powerful supreme being wants to be worshiped by his creations.

Anyway are you down for a late-nite bible study cool

Nahhh. . .Bawo. . . .u not an . . .a****** are yah?? shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Now the bolded gat me cracking up. . . .thats cool, as long as ma PASTOR is present babe!! wink
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by bawomolo(m): 1:44am On Jun 14, 2009
TOYOSI20:

Nahhh. . .Bawo. . . .u not an . . .a****** are yah?? shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Now the bolded gat me cracking up. . . .thats cool, as long as ma PASTOR is present babe!! wink

I am one o. members of the a club get some good incentives cool

Is the pastor some sort of chaperon grin
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by mantraa: 6:20am On Jun 14, 2009
I am not afraid of any gods, but what i will admit to being afraid of is the prospect of fundamental believers in a god getting their hands on a nuclear bomb and using it in a suicide attack, thinking that they are carrying out their gods will.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by manmustwac(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2009
I am not afraid of god or any god for that matter and to prove my point Bleep all the gods Bleep all the religions if any of u imaginary gods are listening go shag and impregnate your moda's. You imaginary gods are the reason why africa is not progressing. The masses always look to imaginary man to come from the sky to solve thier problems instead of holding thier leaders to accountability. Imagine a common saying something like "only god go save this country" Only nigerians will save nigeria. And once again go suck your moda gods smiley smiley smiley
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by MrCrackles(m): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2009
manmustwac:

I am not afraid of god or any god for that matter and to prove my point Bleep all the gods Bleep all the religions if any of u imaginary gods are listening go shag and impregnate your moda's. You imaginary gods are the reason why africa is not progressing. The masses always look to imaginary man to come from the sky to solve thier problems instead of holding thier leaders to accountability. Imagine a common saying something like "only god go save this country" Only nigerians will save nigeria. And once again go suck your moda gods smiley smiley smiley

Man-MUST-Wanc shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided
Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by jagunlabi(m): 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2009
Lol!Is this a "curse out the gods" challenge?
manmustwac:

Re: Who Is Afraid Of God? by Horus(m): 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2009
manmustwac:

I also agree with the statement that waiting for something to come from the sky to save you is a recipe for disaster. What this leads to is a very lazy and docile mentallity, where a person thinks that they have no need to perfect their earthly existence, and condition because a "jesus" will come from the sky and they will be transported to another planet or heaven.

(1) (Reply)

For How Long Is The "last Days"? / Black Race Cursed? / As A Prostitute, Will I Go To Hell If I Die ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.