Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? (1188 Views)

My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa / Advice On Next Step. I Just Got Admitted To South Dakota State University / Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into The US? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by daret002(m): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
My mom went for US interview last july (which was successful) but she couldn't leave naija @ dat time cos of her health challenges. She was suppose to visit her brother (my uncle) in chicago...now my brother called yesterday that her wife put to bed. My brother is in new york, can my mom use her visa to go and baby sit in new york?

First time traveling to the US, she frequent UK.

NOTE: she's not traveling for the purpose which the ViSA was granted and again she's changing point of entry.

Answers to this will be greatly appreciated as she wouldn't want to loose fees to lack of proper information. Thanks in advance.
Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by eleko1: 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nothing stop her from going to New York.let her first visit ur uncu in Chicago,after spending. Week with him,she can travel to new York.Abi there's law there that forbid her to visit one family from one state to another? Travel guru,ova to una.
Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by daret002(m): 9:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
To the best of my knowledge....her first visit should be based on her intenary drawn in her form. She wants to travel straight to new york and probably branch chicago on her way back!

Something keep telling me this is not right!....someone help

1 Like

Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by bigfrancis21: 5:47am On Jan 11, 2016
daret002:
My mom went for US interview last july (which was successful) but she couldn't leave naija @ dat time cos of her health challenges. She was suppose to visit her brother (my uncle) in chicago...now my brother called yesterday that her wife put to bed. My brother is in new york, can my mom use her visa to go and baby sit in new york?

NOTE: she's not traveling for the purpose which the ViSA was granted and again she's changing point of entry.

Answers to this will be greatly appreciated as she wouldn't want to loose fees to lack of proper information. Thanks in advance.

Yes she can still travel so far as her visa is valid. I suppose she was given a 2-year visa with multiple entry right? I've noticed millions of Nigerians misunderstand the meaning of 'visa'. For the US, a visa is not the length of time you are allowed to stay in the country. Rather it is the time frame which you can travel to and exit the US freely without interruption. It is only a permit. If her visa is still valid, yes she can still use it to travel. Where it is usually an issue is if the visa was gotten and not used at all until it expired. Going for another visa usually raises deep scrutinizing questions.

She should have medical papers handy if asked at the Port of Entry any questions, which I doubt. Also, her port of entry into the US does not matter. People are allowed to enter at any POE as they so wish.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by daret002(m): 8:29am On Jan 11, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Yes she can still travel so far as her visa is valid. I suppose she was given a 2-year visa with multiple entry right? I've noticed millions of Nigerians misunderstand the meaning of 'visa'. For the US, a visa is not the length of time you are allowed to stay in the country. Rather it is the time frame which you can travel to and exit the US freely without interruption. It is only a permit. If her visa is still valid, yes she can still use it to travel. Where it is usually an issue is if the visa was gotten and not used at all until it expired. Going for another visa usually raises deep scrutinizing questions.

She should have medical papers handy if asked at the Port of Entry any questions, which I doubt. Also, her port of entry into the US does not matter. People are allowed to enter at any POE as they so wish.

Thanks!...a lot, that clear my doubts
Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by justwise(m): 8:45am On Jan 11, 2016
daret002:

What purpose was that to start with?
Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by flokii: 9:56am On Jan 11, 2016
I suppose she gonna... cheesy
gonna gonna grin
Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by daret002(m): 10:56am On Jan 11, 2016
justwise:

What purpose was that to start with?
Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by daret002(m): 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
[quote author=daret002 post=41868490][/quote]

Sorry I thought I answered you, it was a visiting visa...she had to go by road from chicago.
Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by Originalsly: 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
Her visa is for the US. .right? New York is part of the US...right? Many states do not have direct international flights. Depending on the airline...she may very well have to be in New York before moving on to Chicago...by connecting flight... by train.. by bus.. by car..or ehmm...okada.
Re: Is My Mom Gonna Be Admitted Into D US? by daret002(m): 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Originalsly:
Her visa is for the US. .right? New York is part of the US...right? Many states do not have direct international flights. Depending on the airline...she may very well have to be in New York before moving on to Chicago...by connecting flight... by train.. by bus.. by car..or ehmm...okada.

Ehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehe

(1) (Reply)

Please Does Anyone Know How Much Is The Flight Fare From Owerri To Lagos / Mexico Embassy Interview / What Was Your Last Night Like Before Leaving Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.