Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,863 members, 7,927,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 04:57 PM

~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ (6460 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:00am On Jun 19, 2009
~Potatoes Are Full Of Amazingly Nutrients & Vitamins,Low Fat Calories & Naturally Fat-free: Dont Take My Word For It Tho . . .As You All Might Know, The Way You Prepare The Poataoes Determines If You Get The Most Nutrients/Vitamins From Your Potatoes!!

~There Are Many Potato Varieties & SoOo Many Different Variations Of Making The Potato!!

~Share Your Recipes ~ ~Healthy Ways/Tips Of Cooking Potatoes ~ ~What Variety/Kind Of Potatoes To Use For What ~ OR ~Just Chat Potatoes!!~
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:03am On Jun 19, 2009
~Some Of My Fav. Ways Of Eating Potatoes On Its Own/As A Main Meal Or As A Side Dish Are:

~Chips
~Wedges
~Mash w/ Garlic/ Milk/ Yogurt
~Harsh Browns
~Shepard Pie
~Potato Harsh
~Potato Kebab
~Potato & chicken stir Fry
~Potato Salads: I Love making my own fusions of Potato Salad . .
~Pan Fried/Roast Potato Seasoned w/ Black Pepper
~Boiled Potato w/ Butter/Cream
~Souffled Potato W/ Ham/Cream
~Salmon Fish Cakes

~My Least fav. is Jacket Potatoes & Potato Soups . .Or  Any Recipe that Has Cheese grin

~I Love Sweet Potato too,especially as Mash or Fried!!

Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by Shentz(f): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2009
Mine is always mash potatoes and roast potatoes

Want to try making crushed potatoes though
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by Pepeye(f): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2009
Roasted potatoes

Potato puree

Garlic potatoes

Lamb & Potato salad

Shepherds Pie
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by ifyalways(f): 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2009
Mine start and ends with Potatoe chips,Boiled potatoes and potatoe salad.Irish Only,dislike Sweet Potatoes.
Lol,used it once to thicken my Bitterleaf soup. shocked
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Quick Meal Potato Salad Recipes ~

Warm Potato & Bacon Salad

Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
Serves: 4

Ingredients

•500g salad or new potatoes, halved
•6 rashers British lean back bacon, chopped (180g)
•200g cherry tomatoes, halved
•1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
•1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
•½ x 20g pack parsley, chopped
•2 tsp honey

Method

1. Place the potatoes in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 -15 minutes until tender. Drain.

2. Meanwhile, fry the bacon for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Stir into the potatoes with the remaining ingredients and season to taste before serving.

Tuna & Potato Salad

Prep Time: 10 mins
Serves

Ingredients

•500g Charlotte  / salad potatoes, halved
•150g green beans, halved
•2 tbsp French dressing
•75g black olives, pitted
•2 x 200g tins tuna in brine, drained
•4 hard boiled eggs, quartered

Method

1. Place potatoes in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until tender, adding the beans for the last 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool slightly.

2. Stir in the dressing then gently mix in the olives and tuna. Transfer to a serving platter and add the egg quarters before serving.

Layered Tuna & Potato Salad

Cook Time: 5 - 6 mins

Done and dusted in less than 15 minutes! This delicious salad contains less than 330kcals per portion.

Ingredients

•500g new potatoes thickly sliced
•1/2 iceburg lettuce shredded
•400g carrots grated
•2 x 200g tins tuna in brine drained
•330g tin sweetcorn drained
•4 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
Optional:To garnish: chopped chives

Method

1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 - 6 minutes until tender. Drain.

2. Place a layer of new potatoes in the bottom of a large bowl,followed by the lettuce and the carrots. Mix the tuna,sweetcorn and mayonnaise together, and spread on top.

3. Finish with a layer of new potatoes and turn out to serve,garnished with chopped chives.

Mediterranean Potato Salad

Serves

Ingredients

•910 g potatoes
•1 green bell pepper, minced
•1 cucumber, sliced and quartered
•60 g sliced red onion
•225 g crumbled feta cheese
•1 lemon, juiced
•Italian-style salad dressing
•salt and pepper to taste
•3 pita breads, cut into wedges

Method

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.

2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, red onion and cheese.

3. Whisk together the lemon juice, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve with pita bread wedges if desired.

Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by Sissy3(f): 12:20am On Jun 20, 2009
@ MC

am definitely going to try those recipes! they look so yummmmmy kiss kiss
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:13am On Jun 20, 2009
~Oh Good kiss They are Yum Recipes

~The gr8 thing is once you know the Recipe,you can always add your own ingredients. . .I tend to almost always add Sweetcorn to my Potato salads,am addicted to that stuff! grin
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 6:37am On Jun 20, 2009
OMG!!!. . . i love potatoes so much, . . .the good thing about them is that u can have it light, as a salad,

or heavy as a dinner casserole, or mashed, and stuff, . . . . smiley
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by Sissy3(f): 6:46am On Jun 20, 2009
@ MC

i cooked the Warm-Potato-Bacon-Salad and it turned out very good! very yummy!!!!! :thnks! D cheesy cheesy

i love potatoes definitely going to try the Meditteranean Potato salad one! kiss
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by WAVixen: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2009
Potato salad I enjoy, I add mayo, boiled eggs, sweet corn to mine.Simple and easy to make. I guess most potato salads can be improvised. Bacon isnt readily available at home in bongo.But good nutritious food I enjoy.
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by iice(f): 10:49am On Jun 20, 2009
MC angry grin

You gon' kill me grin grin I love potatoessss.  .  .eat them anyway.  .  .it's terrible embarassed

I mix my mash potatoes with carrots sometimes, or i like having chunks of potatoes in my mash potatoes.
I bake them with lots of spices.  .  .lots of oregano, thyme, butter.  .  .chaii.  .  .
Sometimes sef i have fried or baked potatoes with my stew

I can't eat at any burger joint without having two big fries.  I used to eat bags of Lays and Ruffles tongue I've cut down to 1 to 2 bags a week tongue

Lets not even get into sweet potatoes embarassed I can massacre the thing grin
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2009
~Sissy~:

@ MC

i cooked the Warm-Potato-Bacon-Salad and it turned out very good! very yummy!!!!! :thnks! D cheesy cheesy

i love potatoes definitely going to try the Meditteranean Potato salad one! kiss

~Oh cool My Pleasure kiss . .Glad you liked it. . .
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2009
Any potatoes other than mashed potatoes is just nasty embarassed

Mashed pot. with cole slaw with fried fish (naija style) is simply divine tongue tongue
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:45pm On Jun 20, 2009
iice:

MC angry grin

You gon' kill me grin grin I love potatoessss.  .  .eat them anyway.  .  .it's terrible embarassed

I mix my mash potatoes with carrots sometimes, or i like having chunks of potatoes in my mash potatoes.
I bake them with lots of spices.  .  .lots of oregano, thyme, butter.  .  .chaii.  .  .
Sometimes sef i have fried or baked potatoes with my stew

I can't eat at any burger joint without having two big fries.  I used to eat bags of Lays and Ruffles tongue I've cut down to 1 to 2 bags a week tongue

Lets not even get into sweet potatoes embarassed I can massacre the thing grin

~ cheesy Food Massacre!!

~I've never tried Carrots w/  mash . . . not a bad idea! Light bulb gone off in my head! Dare i ask Shredded or diced carrots? tongue

~Pan fried Potatoes w/ stew. . Yummy! Takes me back to my Ma's Stew. . i  havent eaten stew w/ Potatoes in a long while. . . .
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:48pm On Jun 20, 2009
FL Gators:

Any potatoes other than mashed potatoes is just nasty embarassed

Mashed pot. with cole slaw with fried fish (naija style) is simply divine tongue tongue

~You dont know what you're missing!! tongue
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by iice(f): 11:48pm On Jun 20, 2009
Either (diced or shredded), i also mash it together with the potatoes - gives it a hint of the sweet.
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:50pm On Jun 20, 2009
~Ah okies! Defo one to try. . .
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:27am On Jun 21, 2009
WAVixen:

Potato salad I enjoy, I add mayo, boiled eggs, sweet corn to mine.[/b]Simple and easy to make. I guess most potato salads can be improvised. Bacon isnt readily available at home in bongo.But good nutritious food I enjoy.

~My [b]Potato & Pasta Salad
has some of your combo!

Ingrdients

•Potatoes
•6 Eggs Mashed or Quarted
•330g Tin Sweetcorn drained
•240g Mayo
•1 cucumber, sliced/diced or quartered
•2 Tomato sliced/diced or quartered
•Fusilli/Farfelle Pasta

Method

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop/Dice.

2. Boil Eggs, In a large bowl: Gently Stir mash/quatered eggs,half of the Sweetcorn & potatoes with mayo until creamy

3. Bring a pot of salted water to Boil,add Pasta,cook untill tender then drain

4. In a Deep bowl/dish,put some pasta at the bottom of the bowl then layer it w/ the potato/sweetcorn & egg mix: Repeat w/ Pasta then Potato mix. . i usually do 2/3 layers depending on how deep the dish is. . . .

FootNote: The potato should always be the last layer,put the rest of the sweetcorn,diced Cucumber & tomato on top

~Will post a pic when i do it,looks so colourful & tastes yummy,You can keep in the fridge too

Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:58am On Jun 21, 2009
Light Bites Potato Meals

Homemade Potato & Tomato Salsa

Vegetarian
Cook Time: 5 - 6 mins

Perfect with burgers or steaks from the BBQ!

Ingredients

•350g new potatoes cut into 2cm pieces
•1 red pepper 1cm diced
•3 tomatoes 1cm diced
•1 bunch spring onions 1cm slices
•1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
•1 tbsp lemon juice
•6 radishes sliced (optional)
•To garnish: chopped parsley or chives2 tomatoes diced

Method

1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-6 minutes until tender.
Drain.

2. Mix all the remaining ingredients together and stir in the
potatoes. Garnish with herbs and serve with burgers or
steak.

New Potato & Feta Feast

Cook Time: 15 mins

Ingredients

•500g British new potatoes, scrubbed (halved and quartered if necessary)
•225g baby spinach leaves
•8 cherry tomatoes, halved
•100g pine nuts, toasted
•200g Feta cheese, cubed
•Olive oil
•Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method

1.Place the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water.  Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly

2.Meanwhile, blanch the spinach for 1 minute in boiling water, drain and refresh under running cold water before draining very thoroughly

3.(if necessary wrap the drained spinach in a clean tea-towel and squeeze to remove any excess moisture)

4.Roughly chop the spinach then mix with the tomatoes, pine nuts and cheese. Add the drained potatoes and season to taste

5.Drizzle olive oil over the salad and serve immediately.

Chilli Potato Cakes

Vegetarian
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins

Ingredients

•800g potatoes, diced
•1 tbsp olive oil
•1 red chilli, finely chopped
•1 tsp smoked paprika
•100g Cheddar cheese, grated
•2 tbsp flour
•20g coriander, chopped
•oil for shallow frying

Method

To serve, fresh tomato salsa and leaf salad.

Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.  Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until tender.  Drain.

Add the oil to the pan and fry the chilli and paprika for 1 minute.  Add the remaining ingredients and coarsely mash, season to taste.  Divide into 8 and pat into flat round cakes.

Heat a little oil in a non stick frying pan and fry potato cakes in 2 batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.  Serve with guacamole, tomato salsa and leaf salad for a light lunch or starter.

Chicken, Bacon and Cheese Potato Rosti

Cook Time: 20 mins

Ingredients

•4 frozen Rosti

•4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

•8 rashers smoked streaky bacon

•8 thin slices Cheddar cheese, approx 125g

Method

•Preheat the oven to 240oC, 475oF, Gas Mark 9.

•Place the frozen rosti on a non-stick baking tray and bake according to the pack instructions.

•Meanwhile, slice each chicken breast into 4 pieces at a diagonal. Then griddle  for 12-15 minutes, turning once or twice until cooked throughout.

•Grill the bacon for 5-6 minutes or until crispy and keep to one side.  With the rosti still on the baking tray, place the chicken on top, top with the sliced cheese and grill for 1 minute until the cheese has just melted.

•Serve each topped with 2 slices of reserved bacon with freshly vegetables or salad
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 21, 2009
mohawkchic:

~You dont know what you're missing!! tongue
Abeg, I know what am missing.
LOL, I've been foced to eat it several times.
Its just that once you've tried yam, you never go potatoes tongue
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by Hauwa1: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2009
girl, i can see a mushy mushy thingy you eating. mash pot, slaw and kini  shocked Silk, na wah sha  grin

i like nigerian sweet potatoes.
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:10am On Jun 22, 2009
FL Gators:

Abeg, I know what am missing.
LOL, I've been foced to eat it several times.
Its just that once you've tried yam, you never go potatoes tongue

~ Ah ha! Am More Potato than Yam. . .I have eaten Yams w/ Stew. . Too heavy duty for me!! grin
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 22, 2009
mohawkchic:

~ Ah ha! Am More Potato than Yam. . .I have eaten Yams w/ Stew. . Too heavy duty for me!! grin
LOL. I guess.
Each to his own.
Well, I've decided to start trying out dishes from other culture, I surely hope I come upon one with "likable" potatoes tongue
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:32am On Jun 22, 2009
~ cheesy Oh yeah. . Kwel
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by temmytej(f): 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2009
Yello everyone  smiley,

These recipes are surely tantalizing  tongue and they make my mouth watering cheesy.

I can't wait to try ittttttttttttt  wink
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mohawkchic girl, you are good.
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2009
~Enjoy Trying them out! wink
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by DoubleN(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2009
Potato Chips for me,but i am definitely going to try out some of the recipes here.They look Delicious!
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2009
@mc and iice

i think i have just found soulmates!!!

i like potatoes in any form grin - just bring it on wink

Yummy!!!!!
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2009
~ grin Potato Lovers. . . .That It is Salsera. .Very Yummy!
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2009
~Quick Bites Baked Jacket Potato~

~Cajun Salmon Jacket Potatoes~

Cook Time: 10 mins
Serves: 2

Ingredients

2 large baking potatoes ie Marfona or Estima
2 tsp oil
1 x 175g skinless salmon fillet, cut into 2 cm cubes
50g mange tout, halved
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
6 tbsp low fat crème fraîche

Method

Wash and dry the potatoes and prick with a fork. Place on a microwaveable plate and microwave on high (700W) for 8-10 minutes or until tender or according to pack instructions.  Stand for 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium frying pan and gently fry the salmon, mange tout and Cajun seasoning for 5 minutes or until cooked throughout.  Add crème fraîche and gently heat through.

Cut the potatoes in half or make a cross in the centre and divide the salmon between the two potatoes.

Serve with fresh salad leaves or vegetables.

~Smoked Mackerel and Spring Onion Jacket Potato~

Cook Time: 25 mins

Ingredients

•4 medium size potatoes (175g-225g/6-8oz each)
•2 tins ratatouille provençal
•paprika
•Tabasco sauce
•(optional) handful of fresh coriander, leaves picked, stalks chopped
•(optional) half-fat creme fraiche
•(optional) tin of kidney beans

Method
Scrub the potatoes, then dry and prick each one several times with a sharp knife.

Microwave Method:
Cook one potato (225g/8oz) for 6 minutes on full power (800W), turn half way through cooking. Allow to stand for 1 – 2 minutes before serving. If cooking more than one potato at a time you need to increase the cooking time accordingly.

Oven Method

Rub a few drops of olive oil into the potato skin, place the potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 on a baking tray with salt sprinkled around the potato. Bake for 1¼ hours or until soft.

5.When the potato is almost ready, heat the tins of ratatouille in a saucepan with 1/2 tsp paprika and 2 drops of Tabasco, or more if you like your chilli fiery! Serve on top of the potatoes.

Variations

•Serve with fresh coriander, chopped, sprinkled on top.
•Add a tablespoon of crème fraîche to each jacket for a treat.
•To get even more vitamins from your meal, add a tin of kidney beans, drained and rinsed, to the ratatouille as you heat it up.

Tips

Use metal skewers or baking prongs pushed through the potatoes to reduce the cooking time by up to a quarter. Rubbing a few drops of oil into the skin before cooking and sprinkling salt around the potatoes makes the skin extra crispy.

~Chicken and Tomato Jacket Potato with Greek Yogurt~

Ingredients

•4 X 225g (8oz) potatoes
•4 x chicken breasts
•dried oregano, rosemary or basil (optional)
•8 ripe tomatoes
•150g 0% fat Greek Yogurt
•4 spring onions, finely chopped
•(optional) red pesto

Method

Scrub the potatoes, then dry and prick each one several times with a sharp knife.

Microwave Method:
Cook one potato (225g/8oz) for 6 minutes on full power (800W), turn half way through cooking. Allow to stand for 1 – 2 minutes before serving. If cooking more than one potato at a time you need to increase the cooking time accordingly.

Oven Method:
Rub a few drops of olive oil into the potato skin, place the potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 on a baking tray with salt sprinkled around the potato. Bake for 1¼ hours or until soft.

when the potatoes are almost ready, cut chicken breasts into bitesize chunks, heat a non-stick frying pan and pan fry until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through about 6-8 mins. You might want to add a pinch of dried oregano, rosemary or basil per person.

Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes into chunks, discarding the seeds. When the chicken is cooked, stir together the chicken, tomato. spring onions and the pot of yogurt.

Variations
As a treat stir in 2 teaspoons of red pesto at the same time as the yogurt.
This fresh and healthy baked potato is high in vitamins and flavour.

Tips
Use metal skewers or baking prongs pushed through the potatoes to reduce the cooking time by up to a quarter. Rubbing a few drops of oil into the skin before cooking and sprinkling salt around the potatoes makes the skin extra crispy.
Re: ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2009
~Quick & Easy Potato Main Meals

~Spicy Chicken with Raita Potatoes

Prep Time: 10 (+60) mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serves: 2

Ingredients

•2 boneless chicken breasts skinned and thickly sliced
•1 tsp Harissa paste
•1 tsp paprika
•1 tbsp olive oil
•250g new or salad potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
•1 tbsp lemon juice
•2 tbsp Greek yoghurt (0% fat)
•2 spring onions, sliced
•Salt & pepper
•Handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped

Method

1.Mix together the chicken, Harissa paste, paprika and olive oil.  Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour.

2.Add the chicken to a hot griddle pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning at least once or until thoroughly cooked.

3.Meanwhile place the new potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water.  Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.  Drain and allow to cool slightly.

4.Mix together the lemon juice and Greek yoghurt, then add the spring onions and potatoes.  Season to taste.

5.Arrange the potato salad on a plate with the spicy chicken and sprinkle over the chopped mint. Serve immediately.

~Tuna & Potato Layer

Cook Time: 15 mins

Ingredients

•500g new or salad potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
•1 packet savoury white sauce mix
•300ml semi-skimmed milk
•2 x 200g tins tuna in brine, drained
•195g tin sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
•1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
•50g Cheddar cheese, grated

Method

1.Place the new potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.

2.Meanwhile make the sauce with the milk according to pack instructions. Stir in the tuna, sweetcorn and parsley and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until piping hot.

3.Place half the potatoes on the base of a heatproof serving dish.  Pour over the tuna mixture. Place the remaining potatoes on top.

4.Sprinkle over the cheese and place under a pre-heated grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a green salad.

~Bombay Potato Curry

Cook Time: 20 - 25 mins

Ingredients

•500g new potatoes halved

•1 tbsp oil

•1 large onion sliced

•1 tbsp medium curry powder

•400g tin chopped tomatoes

•2 tbsp mango chutney

Method

1.Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water.Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender then Drain.

2.Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 3 minutes. Add the curry powder and fry for a further 2minutes. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, mango chutney and potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.

3.Serve with white fish or chicken and a leaf salad.

~Pesto Mashed Potato with Garlic Chicken

Ingredients

•700g (1lb 9oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
•150 ml (¼pt) milk
•4 chicken breasts
•2 cloves garlic
•green pesto
•freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

1.Boil the potatoes in a saucepan with the lid on, simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.

2.Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts in half lengthways and fry in a non-stick pan with 2 cloves of crushed garlic and a seasoning of freshly ground black pepper.

3.Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. In another pan bring the milk to the boil. Pour the milk over the potatoes and mash until smooth.

4.Stir 2 tsps of pesto into the potato and serve immediately with the cooked chicken.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naija Caker;lagos Baker; Cake Expert / 20 Foods That Are Killing You Slowly / What Brand Of Dark Chocolate Do I Get?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.