Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,458 members, 7,914,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:00 PM

Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? (2860 Views)

Should Genotype Decide Your Marriage??? / Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage / Six Old Ways You Can Woo A Lady Of Your Choice Without Much Stress. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by JJYOU: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2009
[size=18pt]Can parents decide your choice of a spouse?[/size]
Is It Beyond Pardon? Jun 19, 2009

By Bridget Amaraegbu

In the past, the choice of whom one married was tempered by tradition. Although parents have a large role to play in the marital life of their children, most young people would prefer taking the plunge on their own. Can your parents decide your choice of a spouse?
Bridget Amaraegbu has all the answers as usual. Enjoy.

They can but… — Amaka Echendu, Model

Our parents do not have any right to choose whom we marry but the truth remains that they have a responsibility to make sure we don’t make wrong a choice. They have a right to advise us on certain qualities to look out for in the choice of a life partner because they’ve been in that institution before us. They may have made certain mistakes which they wouldn’t want their children to make. And if you’re patient enough to listen to them, there’s no way you won’t find something good in what they’ll say.

beyondamakaIt may not be necessary that you take everything they say because it’s your own future we’re talking about and not theirs but I strongly believe that no responsible parents will want something bad for the child. Unless, we are talking about those irresponsible parents who may just be interested in pushing their child to a particular family simply because they’re rich or they have one big name which is immaterial. What counts here, is your happiness and not the wealth you’ll bring to your family by marrying that lawyer, engineer or that doctor they want you to marry.

Personally, I think that our parents have a big role to play in the choice of partners we make because there are certain things they’ll see that we may not be able to see from the onset because we’re carried away by that word love.
In the past and up till dates, many people have been blind folded because they thought they were in love. That is why it’s possible for some marriages to have problems barely six months after that glamorous wedding. It’s certain, the couple’d thought they were in love, but realised in a short time, they are compatible.

Have you ever taken time to x-ray some of those divorce stories published on papers and even television? . If you take time to do that, you’ll realise that the cases are there because the estranged couple, didn’t do their homework well before taking that decision to marry.

If the necessary steps had been taken, then why would a man come out and say that his wife of only two months, is a bad cook; or the women say her husband is a drunkard? The shortcomings ought to have been taken care of before marital vows.

Unfortunately, some people in their desperation to tie the marital knots, are blinded to little details that may pose as threat to the success of the marriage.

I don’t think I’d want to marry a man my parents don’t approve of. I can only disobey them if their judgement is wrong especially when they insist that I marry the man for his social status and wealth. In that case, there’s fire on the mountain and I’ll run.

Now, we also have to consider the fact that some parents kick against one’s choice of a future spouse on tribal ground.
As far as I’m concerned such tribal sentiments can’t stop me from marrying the man of my choice. The era when the tribe was considered as a criterion for a good life partner or successful marriage is in the past.
The key to a successful marriage today is prayer and not those material things that will not last.

Once I’m in love with a man and the qualities are right, his tribe or whatever, is not a problem.
I’ll like to say here that young people should be very careful in the choice of life partners they make because the choice you make today may make or mar your future happiness.

My tribe comes first— Uche Uzokwu

The problem of choosing a life partner has been my worst fears in life because in my place, we’re always scared of marrying from any other tribe.

And the issue of my parents making a decision as to whom I marry is irrelevant because it’s my choice that counts. I don’t agree with the fact that parents should make choices for their children, no. They can only give advice and directions where it is necessary.

But then, I wouldn’t like to disobey them by marrying into another tribe other than my own, because I already know the rules. My parents will not accept any woman outside my Igbo tribe. Although the situation is not a do or die affair, but speaking seriously, I’d love to take a partner from my part of the country, especially from my own locality.

Outside the issue of the tribe, I’m also bothered with the problem of religion. What you may not know is that some people will not marry certain because they don’t belong to the same denomination.

It’s my decision— Kelechi Udegbe, Actor

In the past, parents were used to choosing partners for their children based on either the family background of the spouse or their social status. But today, things have changed. Though it may have worked out for them back then, such things are no longer in vogue.
I know that we still have parents who still insist on taking marital decisions especially when it involves marriage, I think it’s because such children never had defined relationships.

It’s still okay today for some young people to ask their parents to assist in the search for a wife or husband, they do so because they are afraid of making mistakes.

But I’ll prefer to make that mistake myself and live with it rather than live with mistake caused by my parents or anyone else. I’d rather blame myself than blame some other persons for my mistakes.

Although it might be difficult to take a stand against my parents should, they refuse to accept my choice of a woman and knowing that in Igboland, a woman is not married by her husband alone but everybody in his family, I may have to take that decision and live with whatever consequence that follows it.

Their role’s only advisory— Genevieve Nnaji, Actress

Sincerely, I don’t think it’s wrong for our parents to have a say in the choice of life partners we make because they know what is best for us.
But I don’t think it’s their business to know whether the person has got class and so on. That aspect is left for us to decide because it’s our own future we are talking about here and not theirs.

Often, parents have rejected the choice of partners their children make because they are sentimental about tribe and social status. I think this is wrong because those criteria don’t really make a happy home. Although our parents may be allowed to give advice and direction to us, such advice should be positive. They have no right to interfere in our affairs.

And for a happy home, what matters most is love, understanding and God’s presence. And once that is in place then, carry go.

She’d be miserable if they don’t approve of her— Michael Ubong

My parents definitely have a say in my choice of a spouse and so do many other parents. Whether we like it or not, our parents know what is best for us and it may not be out of place, if they scrutinise whom we want to get married to.

In my own case, my parents will want to be sure that the lady in question is right for me, before giving their blessing.

Although I’m not getting married now, I know that whenever I’m ready to do so, they’ll surely be involved squarely. And believe me, I’m not prepared to marry any woman they don’t approve of because the woman will not be married to me alone but to the entire family. If she’s not the right choice for me, she won’t be happy if they don’t welcome her. So it’s very important that you reach an agreement with your parents before making this vital decision.
2 Responses for “Can parents decide your choice of a spouse?”

Bolou Oduruku says:
June 20, 2009 at 12:41 pm

MARRIAGE IS A SACRED CONCENT,SO IT DEMANDS PARENTAL COUNSELLING AND THE INDEPENDENT WILL OF THE BLIND AGREEMENT ,CALLED BETTER FOR WORST FOR THE PARTIES INVOLVED.
Anonymous says:
June 20, 2009 at 1:03 am

Parental advice is needed but not to an extend of making a choices of spouse becos na 4 better & worst

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/19/can-parents-decide-your-choice-of-a-spouse/

Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by iice(f): 12:53am On Jun 21, 2009
Nope.
But then again, my parents aren't so conventional.  .  .they stay out of our biz.  It's pride for them for us to do ish on our own without their help cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 21, 2009
They can try, doesn't mean it will happen though.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 1:41am On Jun 21, 2009
When you're old enough to choose who to fall in love with, I don't think it's any of their gaddamn business to nose into your affairs.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by SeanT21(f): 2:27am On Jun 21, 2009
NOOO. They can have opinions but they can not tell me who to marry.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 4:28am On Jun 21, 2009
SeanT21:

NOOO. They can have opinions but they can not tell me who to marry.

Since they can't have you marry who they want I see no point in them being opinionated.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by SeanT21(f): 5:54am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Since they can't have you marry who they want I see no point in them being opinionated.

They can always tell me what they think of him but I am pretty sure it wont change my mind!!
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 5:58am On Jun 21, 2009
SeanT21:

They can always tell me what they think of him but I am pretty sure it wont change my mind!!

But then you don't care. It's best if they shelve their negative opinion about him because girls that I know are always wild when they are in love, some can be foolish though and consent to their parents' opinions and mess up. I knew a girl who once told me she loved me so much but if her mom tells her not to marry me because of my tribe(Igbo, she's a Yoruba), she had no choice but to stop the relationship. I must say, right then at that spot she said it, I put an end to the relationship because it wasn't worth the stress with that statement.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by SeanT21(f): 6:05am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

But then you don't care. It's best if they shelve their negative opinion about him because girls that I know are always wild when they are in love, some can be foolish though and consent to their parents' opinions and mess up. I knew a girl who once told me she loved me so much but if her mom tells her not to marry me because of my tribe(Igbo, she's a Yoruba), she had no choice but to stop the relationship. I must say, right then at that spot she said it, I put an end to the relationship because it wasn't worth the stress with that statement.

I dont call that LOVE.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 6:31am On Jun 21, 2009
SeanT21:

I dont call that LOVE.

Exactly what I'm saying
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Sissy3(f): 6:39am On Jun 21, 2009
they can only advise me
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 6:47am On Jun 21, 2009
~Sissy~:

they can only advise me

And if they advise you against the guy?
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Sissy3(f): 6:53am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

And if they advise you against the guy?

by them advising me doesn't mean that i have to take it. i want their opinions, eventually, i have to decide what i want.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 7:03am On Jun 21, 2009
~Sissy~:

by them advising me doesn't mean that i have to take it. i want their opinions, eventually, i have to decide what i want.

In my opinion, if you can't take their advice then there opinionated ideas isn't called for and can your decision be predicated on their advice? I believe you know your intending spouse better than they do.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Sissy3(f): 7:14am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

In my opinion, if you can't take their advice then there opinionated ideas isn't called for and can your decision be predicated on their advice? I believe you know your intending spouse better than they do.

sometimes we always tend to believe we know better while in actuality we know little esp when it comes to "love". some ppl when their are/claim to be "in love" they are too blinded to see the real person they are dating and only an outsider can see certain things in that relationship the individuals are too blinded to see. i value my parents opinions and i will seek it when the need arise.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 7:25am On Jun 21, 2009
~Sissy~:

sometimes we always tend to believe we know better while in actuality we know little esp when it comes to "love". some ppl when their are/claim to be "in love" they are too blinded to see the real person they are dating and only an outsider can see certain things in that relationship the individuals are too blinded to see. i value my parents opinions and i will seek it when the need arise.

I suppose anyone who expects to be tutored about love hasn't really experienced what it is all about. I do understand it takes more than love to make a marriage work and that is where I stand. Some other qualities have to be factored in and how these qualities relate with the relationship and how they will with the marriage have to be thought through. In as much as I believe my parents will know a lot more about relationships and marriages more than I do, I believe I have to make mistakes just to learn who I am and I have to take responsibility for all my actions. My parents could be wrong too. Sometimes they make wrong assessments too and are prone to erroneous views and beliefs.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Sissy3(f): 7:41am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

I suppose anyone who expects to be tutored about love hasn't really experienced what it is all about. I do understand it takes more than love to make a marriage work and that is where I stand. Some other qualities have to be factored in and how these qualities relate with the relationship and how they will with the marriage have to be thought through. In as much as I believe my parents will know a lot more about relationships and marriages more than I do, I believe I have to make mistakes just to learn who I am and I have to take responsibility for all my actions. My parents could be wrong too. Sometimes they make wrong assessments too and are prone to erroneous views and beliefs.

i don't see it like that. this is not about who you going to "date" but "marry". big difference. and seeking opinions/advise about marriage or relationship for that matter, is what i don't see as b "tutored". anyways to each his own. like i said, i will seek my parents opinions/advice if the need arises and i dont see that being naive or anything else. i see it as b what i prefer.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 8:01am On Jun 21, 2009
~Sissy~:

i don't see it like that. this is not about who you going to "date" but "marry". big difference. and seeking opinions/advise about marriage or relationship for that matter, is what i don't see as b "tutored". anyways to each his own. like i said, i will seek my parents opinions/advice if the need arises and i dont see that being naive or anything else. i see it as b what i prefer.

I wasn't talking about dating either. But first of all, you have to be in love with the person first and the next phase comes in. Seeking parents' opinion is good but then you can take some of their advice and merge it into some of your jurisdiction to ensure they all align with your facts. The ones that are out of place, find their true meanings and get draw conclusions from personal observations. It is complicated really, so I understand where you're coming from and hey, I never said or meant you are naive.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Sissy3(f): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

I wasn't talking about dating either. But first of all, you have to be in love with the person first and the next phase comes in. Seeking parents' opinion is good but then you can take some of their advice and merge it into some of your jurisdiction to ensure they all align with your facts. The ones that are out of place, find their true meanings and get draw conclusions from personal observations. It is complicated really, so I understand where you're coming from and hey, I never said or meant you are naive.

i guess we were both agreeing on the same thing but with different approach undecided  because that's exactly what i am saying. yea, i will seek their "opinions/ advise" but that doesnt mean i have to lose my own independent mind/thinking in the process and be swayed away by their opinions. at last it's still my decision 'cause am the one going to possibly spend the rest of my life with the person not them. the decision will finally be mine eventually.

and don't worry i didn't say you were calling me naive, i said it in response to this
I suppose anyone who expects to be tutored about love hasn't really experienced what it is all about.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 8:23am On Jun 21, 2009
~Sissy~:

at last it's still my decision 'cause am the one going to possibly spend the rest of my life with the person not them.

Not possibly because when the decision is made there is no going back unless we want to bring divorce into the picture which is not a sign of a healthy decision. I want to believe your decisions will be right on point so I will expect nothing short of a long term marriage. I wish most of our women can think like you have portrayed, unfortunately they don't.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Sissy3(f): 8:27am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Not possibly because when the decision is made there is no going back unless we want to bring divorce into the picture which is not a sign of a healthy decision. I want to believe your decisions will be right on point so I will expect nothing short of a long term marriage. I wish most of our women can think like you have portrayed, unfortunately they don't.

yea, i think every couple goes into marriage thinking of happily ever after, unfortunately not everything is always predictable.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 8:32am On Jun 21, 2009
~Sissy~:

yea, i think every couple goes into marriage thinking of happily ever after, unfortunately not everything is always predictable.

Absolutely right you are. You know what I think all the time? I think why do people who have been patiently married for as long 20 years go through a divorce. The pain will be excruciating I suppose. Sometimes I hate to think that one day I will have to ply into the rigors of marriage, a solemn union it is but comes with its complexities.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by justwise(m): 8:32am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

u know i had the same problem, she told me that the problem is that her parents will kill her if she marrys Igbo guy, she went on how most Igbo guys are into 419 and bla bla bla.
I showed her the EXIST door immediately cos i couldn't put up with pple like her and her blinded parents
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Remii(m): 8:38am On Jun 21, 2009
It is not right to specify spouse for your children, but if child upbringing is right, the child should be able to chose husband or wife that the family would be comfortable with. While family acceptance is not utmost requirement but in case of unforeseen circumstances it is important to consider it.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2009
justwise:

[/b]

u know i had the same problem, she told me that the problem is that her parents will kill her if she marrys Igbo guy, she went on how most Igbo guys are into 419 and bla bla bla.
I showed her the EXIST door immediately cos i couldn't put up with pple like her and her blinded parents

No offense to Yoruba tribe but I believe we all share the menace. In Asian I can't deny that Igbo are pulling their fraudulent deals, in London, it's a Yoruba Fraudulent Haven. So no one should accuse any tribe of being fraudulent. What about their leaders? They should name of their people who have ruled us and are still ruling and aren't fraudulent, OBJ? Bankole? Go figure the rest. I just hate it when people show me all these sanctimonious attitudes.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Sissy3(f): 8:49am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Absolutely right you are. You know what I think all the time? I think why do people who have been patiently married for as long 20 years go through a divorce. The pain will be excruciating I suppose.  Sometimes I hate to think that one day I will have to ply into the rigors of marriage, a solemn union it is but comes with its complexities.

yea, i get ur point. i mean if they have been enduring the pain/joy/sorrow for more than 20yrs why seek divorce now? however, i am made to believe that more often than more they tend to believe that it will always get better today or tomorrow and some people are still a prisoner of their traditions that seeking divorcing isn't always the first/best option for them, until they break it. while others just prefer to die in pain or so other reasons undecided albeit, whatever be their reasons i dont think seeking a divorce and going through the whole process is an easy decision for any couple. at least the reasonable ones. it's more than seeking an annulment, it's also derails/wounds the person mentally, physically and psychologically.

and not  to worry, you arent the only one fearful of marriage, i have seen many people with similar complains. i once had a someone tell me that he's really afraid of marriage, i mean he cant seem to understand the idea of being with one woman for the rest of his life and go through all the emotions involved with it. he's just afraid of commitment. and quite honestly, i do think you have a reasonable fear, at least you know what a marriage constitutes unlike some folks who goes in thinking that marriage is a bed of roses until it hits them.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by justwise(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

No offense to Yoruba tribe but I believe we all share the menace. In Asian I can't deny that Igbo are pulling their fraudulent deals, in London, it's a Yoruba Fraudulent Haven. So no one should accuse any tribe of being fraudulent. What about their leaders? They should name of their people who have ruled us and are still ruling and aren't fraudulent, OBJ? Bankole? Go figure the rest. I just hate it when people show me all these sanctimonious attitudes.
I'm not in anyway supporting Igbo men/women in what they do, 419 and all sorts, but no tribe in Nigeria should apoint accussing finger at all, all tribes are at it, wheather its arm robberying, Area boys activetis, yahoo yahoo, etc.
It does my head in when i hear pple accussing Igbos of bringing shame to Nigeria. No matter how small the crime is, no tribe should be leftt out.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 9:05am On Jun 21, 2009
~Sissy~:

yea, i get ur point. i mean if they have been enduring the pain/joy/sorrow for more than 20yrs why seek divorce now? however, i am made to believe that more often than more they tend to believe that it will always get better today or tomorrow and some people are still a prisoner of their traditions that seeking divorcing isn't always the first/best option for them, until they break it. while others just prefer to die in pain or so other reasons undecided albeit, whatever be their reasons i dont think seeking a divorce and going through the whole process is an easy decision for any couple. at least the reasonable ones. it's more than seeking an annulment, it's also derails/wounds the person mentally, physically and psychologically.

and not  to worry, you arent the only one fearful of marriage, i have seen many people with similar complains. i once had a someone tell me that he's really afraid of marriage, i mean he cant seem to understand the idea of being with one woman for the rest of his life and go through all the emotions involved with it. he's just afraid of commitment. and quite honestly, i do think you have a reasonable fear, at least you know what a marriage constitutes unlike some folks who goes in thinking that marriage is a bed of roses  until it hits them.

Yes, some of them think they are too stuck with it than to break up mostly because when they put paid to that, a starting fulcrum is always a problem, mathematically bearing of which I don't think they may ever find. The derailment or emotional cracker it inflicts isn't what I bother about at least they both are old enough to handle that at some point or the other, what does make my head spin is what position the kids will find themselves. I can't imagine my parents have a divorce after all I have witnessed them go through and knowing how much they have shared their feelings between each other. It will tell a lot on such kids that it will on the parents and that is why I love African values on marriage in that once you're married to one man, you ain't going back. Even if the marriage is rough, I believe the psychological trauma will be a lot lesser than it would be if they had to divorce. Mel Gibson's wife filed for a divorce a few weeks ago because he(Mel) impregnated another woman while they were still separated. I think our local superstars are beginning to emulate this dreadful western practice.
justwise:

I'm not in anyway supporting Igbo men/women in what they do, 419 and all sorts, but no tribe in Nigeria should apoint accussing finger at all, all tribes are at it, wheather its arm robberying, Area boys activetis, yahoo yahoo, etc.
It does my head in when i hear pple accussing Igbos of bringing shame to Nigeria. No matter how small the crime is, no tribe should be leftt out.
In my opinion and yes, I want to sound tribal, Igbos despite how they have been marginalized have brought more development to the country than shame. Yoruba and Hausa are the one who have brought shame upon our country. If they want to say anything they'd say Awolowo is great, Abiola is great and those are heroes to their own tribe, Awolowo especially. I challenge the fact that MKO would have made a good President. He would have been a Sharia President. Somehow, people who think they can ruin Nigeria, God knows how to silence them Abacha as an example, then MKO and a host of others. There are two more left, guess who?
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by C2H5OH(f): 9:11am On Jun 21, 2009
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by TheSeeker(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2009
C2H5OH:

A Seeker indeed.
If you are that bitter about what the "Yoruba Yoruba" have done to your beloved Nigeria, why don't you go run head first into a brick wall. Maybe the invisible nation of Biafra will suddenly open up its door for you to come flooding in. There you will finally have your escape. A state of peace.

We are making a comment here. If you have a different opinion, air it so we can hear. I still don't believe that there are socially derailed and psychologically challenged people like you in existence. You are truly a hapless pig with no iota of intelligence cleanliness in your brain-lonely head.
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by C2H5OH(f): 9:18am On Jun 21, 2009
Re: Can Parents Decide Your Choice Of A Spouse? by Sissy3(f): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yes, some of them think they are too stuck with it than to break up mostly because when they put paid to that, a starting fulcrum is always a problem, mathematically bearing of which I don't think they may ever find. The derailment or emotional cracker it inflicts isn't what I bother about at least they both are old enough to handle that at some point or the other, what does make my head spin is what position the kids will find themselves. I can't imagine my parents have a divorce after all I have witnessed them go through and knowing how much they have shared their feelings between each other. It will tell a lot on such kids that it will on the parents and that is why I love African values on marriage in that once you're married to one man, you ain't going back. Even if the marriage is rough, I believe the psychological trauma will be a lot lesser than it would be if they had to divorce. Mel Gibson's wife filed for a divorce a few weeks ago because he(Mel) impregnated another woman while they were still separated. I think our local superstars are beginning to emulate this dreadful western practice.

the emotional derailment that comes with divorce in my opinion is not best overcome with b older. even the older older ones do experience traumas that sometimes requires serious therapy before it gets better esp. when the marriage has survived for a long time. it's not an easy process and yes, i do share your concerns regarding the children of divorce parents, the kids are usually the ones mostly affected deeply by it. as regards to the african marriage i really wished  i could i have shared in your belief/excitement about "forever being married" but sadly i cant.

In my opinion and yes, I want to sound tribal, Igbos despite how they have been marginalized have brought more development to the country than shame. Yoruba and Hausa are the one who have brought shame upon our country. If they want to say anything they'd say Awolowo is great, Abiola is great and those are heroes to their own  tribe, Awolowo especially. I challenge the fact that MKO would have made a good President. He would have been a Sharia President. Somehow, people who think they can ruin Nigeria, God knows how to silence them Abacha as an example, then MKO and a host of others. There are two more left, guess who?

i dont think it does anyone any good dwelling tribalism. i believe all the tribal equally contributes to the downfall and improvement of nigeria as a whole. so siding one side does nothing but to prolong the unnecessary argument undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Yourself More Attractive To Men And Make Them Fall You Yakata / Naija Church Gals / Picture Of A Girl Kicking Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.