Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,731 members, 7,875,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? (6743 Views)

Biafra: Boycotting Anambra Election Our Last Push To Achieving Referendum – IPOB / Buhari Government Boycotting Netanyahu's Visit To ECOWAS Will Spell Doom / FFK On Buhari/Osinbajo Boycotting ECOWAS Meeting With Benjamin Netanyahu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by tsdarkside(m): 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
APCLyingBastard:
This affirmative action nonsense has gone too far.

Because there was no black actor/actress nominated in this year's Oscars does that warrant the entire black Hollywood from boycotting the event?

What of the year's prior that no Asian or Latin American was nominated did the Asians and Latinos boycot the event?

This is like having a situation were white people boycot the 100m Olympics final because no white athlete made it to the finals.

If black America wants to be taken seriously then they should start doing serious films and not the usual vulgar pulp movies they are used to making and starring in.

These black actors are also to blame alongside their music counterparts in furthering the nigger culture among black Americans with their rubbish vulgar ghetto inspired films.

I believe the oscars should go on without paying any heed to their foolish overrated egos.

Yeye

op,you are not serious.....this is an insult...after they learned from us how to perform,nau no black is good enough??..

rubbish....

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by dBard: 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
coolzeal:
The Academy president is a black woman with roughly over 6000 members. 94% are whites and 77% are males and the average age is 63.. Will Smith was phenomena in Concussion, Idris Elba- Beast Of Nation, Michael B Jordan in Creed and of course Straight Outta Compton were all snubbed. Am not saying they should win but at least get nominated because these are fantastic movies. It's injustice.

Good movies no doubt...haven't seen concussion and about to see creed...BUT Will u in honesty pick Creed over Southpaw or Concussion over the Big Short, Revenant etc
Let's be fair n honest here.... there have been some outstanding movies with Black leads n They Have gotten due recognition.

The dust raised by d Nigerian community over Will Smiths portrayal of one of our is enuf, I.m.o, to disqualify it from d rankings.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
coolzeal:
Blacks are achievers in the music industry but Grammy's is all white. That's the injustice.
How is the grammy all white please. Apart from eminem and mack macklemore,which other white rapper dey dominate the rap scene.
The only sections,where whites dominate is the rock genre.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by dBard: 3:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
APCzombie:

It is an award that rewards talent and not a quota system thing.

If black actors did not meet up with their white counterparts based on performance why should they be compensated based on their skin color?

Isn't that on its own racist?

The Hypocrisy here is, blacks do have their own award shows, which is a strictly all black affair.
Good question too @ d end...Cos using d race card to get ur way/ self benefit is in itself racist
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by arbitter: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
The op has a solid point, African Americans have become a bunch of affirmative action bitches in nearly all aspects of life. Thats not mentioning all the other self inflicted bullshit they like to blame on whitey.

Currently theyre making a fuss about repatriations for slavery (because free money).

And their BlackLivesMatter movement has turned intoa joke and an anti white bullshit, there are videos of them harassing random white people and chanting anti cop bullshit usually involving calls to kill them. (Granted these 'activist' dont exactly represent all blacks nor do they have that much support. You should see the kind of nonsense they spew on twitter though.

Whenever someone tells them the obvious that black on black crime, school dropouts, drug use, their bad cultute and tendency to get unwanted pregnancies then abandon their kids is what created their problems they and their liberal apologists (whom need their votes) will call you a racist....noooo nooo its all whiteys fault!

Granted there are definitely injustices against blacks especially in the justice system. Their attitude of crying wolf on every fvcking thing has isolated them.

The most funny thing to me is how liberal whites try so hard to be apologists for many of the above bullshit. E.g when a group of black students [and some white and hispanics] went to a school library and started bullyingwhite students callibg them racists for no reason at all. Their liberal buddies were making up excuses all over the place, same for the chants to kill cops.

Which reminds me of the rising political correctness bullshit in college, this one is heralded by sissy liberals and minorities trying to once again cry wolf over everything and accuse everyone of being racist. They literary claim only white people are racist and make all kinds of demands to appease them(minorities ). They recently forced a university president to resign because some student used 'nigger', and someone did somethibg eith feces.

And about the 'Nigga' word, they pounce on any white/asian/hispanic person who uses it yet imprint it on their brains thru rap music, and social media platforms like YouTube, Vine etc

Besides i see all sorts of teenagers use that word, no one cares (theyre not popular), once a popular person does, they pounce with a simple goal, accuse them of being racist or attempt to ruin them.

Then now this bullshit about Oscars, basically saying they demand affirmative action awards.

Aside from that the op is an.ldiot

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
coolzeal:
Even in the music industry it's the same talk more of Oscar. The truth is, Black entertainers in America need to work their butt-out to get recognized or lick some a*sses to get a reputable role. Ever wonder why it is so difficult for dark skin actors to succeed in Hollywood. Think man..
Samuel l jackson
Morgan freeman
Will smith
Denzel washington
Don cheadle... cool
Chiwetel Ejiofor...
Buh remember ds isnt a QUOTA SYSTEM thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by ApexTitan(m): 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
arbitter:
The op has a solid point, African Americans have become a bunch of affirmative action bitches in nearly all aspects of life. Thats not mentioning all the other self inflicted bullshit they like to blame on whitey.

Currently theyre making a fuss about repatriations for slavery (because free money).

And their BlackLivesMatter movement has turned intoa joke and an anti white bullshit, there are videos of them harassing random white people and chanting anti cop bullshit usually involving calls to kill them. (Granted these 'activist' dont exactly represent all blacks nor do they have that much support. You should see the kind of nonsense they spew on twitter though.

Whenever someone tells them the obvious that black on black crime, school dropouts, drug use, their bad cultute and tendency to get unwanted pregnancies then abandon their kids is what created their problems they and their liberal apologists (whom need their votes) will call you a racist....noooo nooo its all whiteys fault!

Granted there are definitely injustices against blacks especially in the justice system. Their attitude of crying wolf on every fvcking thing has isolated them.

The most funny thing to me is how liberal whites try so hard to be apologists for many of the above bullshit. E.g when a group of black students [and some white and hispanics] went to a school library and started bullyingwhite students callibg them racists for no reason at all. Their liberal buddies were making up excuses all over the place, same for the chants to kill cops.

Which reminds me of the rising political correctness bullshit in college, this one is heralded by sissy liberals and minorities trying to once again cry wolf over everything and accuse everyone of being racist. They literary claim only white people are racist and make all kinds of demands to appease them(minorities ). They recently forced a university president to resign because some student used 'nigger', and someone did somethibg eith feces.

And about the 'Nigga' word, they pounce on any white/asian/hispanic person who uses it yet imprint it on their brains thru rap music, and social media platforms like YouTube, Vine etc

Besides i see all sorts of teenagers use that word, no one cares (theyre not popular), once a popular person does, they pounce with a simple goal, accuse them of being racist or attempt to ruin them.

Then now this bullshit about Oscars, basically saying they demand affirmative action awards.

Well said. I'm with you on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by HCGrad08: 10:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
arbitter:

Wow! Really?!

To speak to your first point, reparations are not owed because "free money" but because this country was built on the black of blacks. That includes hundreds of years of slavery and 100 years of the black codes and Jim Crow which stripped African Americans of millions of dollars of generational wealth. Did you know that the US pays reparations to Holocaust survivors to this day? Did you know that the Japanese and the Irish received a form of reparations? Did you know that slave owners receiver reparations because they LOST slaves? What happened to our 40 acres and a mule? It's not entitlement, it is recognition for hard work that was done and has been done for decades now. We have been toiling in this country. We built this country for free, not just slavery but continually so asking for what is deserved is not entitlement. We are not even the only community in the diaspora bringing this up. Read this please if you want to learn facts instead of spewing the nonsense that you're peddling: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

As for #BlackLivesMatter turning into "anti-white bullshit" , show me where BLM resulted in violence against anyone and I'll show you were Black Lives Matter activists were SHOT by violent white supremacists while they were peacefully protesting. "Chants" are not gun shots. There is also PLENTY of support for BLM, I know white families who have BLM signs in their yards!

http://m.startribune.com/several-people-were-shot-near-black-lives-matter-protest-site/353121881/

As for straw man "black on black crime" arguments, I'll leave something here for you as well but since when is a police officer killing an unarmed person equivalent to a criminal killing someone?!? Also, what about white on white crime? Most crime in intraracial, that "argument" is null and void.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/10/black-lives-matter-loury-mcwhorter/409117/

What follows next in your comments is so asinine that I won't even address it. You're SO out of touch that it's almost laughable. I can see that you spend a lot of time in white conservative spaces because of your liberal use of the word "whitey" and your ill regard towards "white liberals". Are you sure that you're not a racist white man in disguise? I've only heard white people say "whitey" when they think that they're parroting black people. The point is that we will CONTINUE to speak out when there is an injustice because if we never did, we still wouldn't be able to VOTE! And your punk azz would have never been able to come here to spit on our efforts because the Immigration Act of 1965 allowed immigrants and students from countries other than Europe the opportunity to come here. Prior to that, it was a no go. So thank those whining black people and those stupid liberal whites for that.

http://www.soundvision.com/article/how-the-civil-rights-movement-affected-us-immigration

The Oscars talk is not my cup of tea, I'm not interested in begging but there is a real issue. In the last 87 years or so, there have been fewer than 10 black actors who have won. Latinos and Asians haven't won a single award in 10 years. This is about people of color, not just black ones. Not saying anything doesn't help anyone, look at the Native Americans.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero/2016/01/film-and-race

As for the "N-Word", please watch this. He explains it beautifully:

https://www.facebook.com/chaka.clarke1/videos/10206858844043076/

Just a small point on Affirmative Action:

There was a Haverford alum on a panel once, my alma mater. He is a black lawyer, very distinguished. He had a classmate at Haverford, who then became a law school classmate. They ended up interviewing for the same job and the black man got it. The white man later, said that he felt like his job was taken because of Affirmative action... Never mind the fact that he and the guy did undergrad and law school together. His implicit bias made him feel like he was somehow more entitled to the job that something was stripped from him. I don't understand such intellectually lazy assumptions. Affirmative Action is needed because people are idiots that can't see past their privilege. Smh...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by arbitter: 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
HCGrad08:

Whatever was given to Holocaust survivors,Japanese,Irish people was directly to actual VICTIMS. Not their descendants who just want a quick buck. Like honestly, you think the US is gonna pay 15 Trillion dollars to this current generation of African Americans?!

When did i say BLM committed Violence, How Lame! Trying to twist my word just so you can have a leg to stand on in your half assed response.
BLM activists were NEVER shot by any White people, that fake ass story was busted ages ago, you should thank the pathetic media for giving it credibility just like they did with that Bullshit about 'Hands Up Dont Shoot' (how embarrassing was that when it turned out the so called witness LIED). CHants are not gunshots eh? Sure they aint, but They're still dangerous chants, and no one is gonna support people who chant death crap at cops. when BLM started they had support all over the place, even from Obama, now what? They've been abandoned to their antics, and most liberals are pissed at them, why? because they go around harassing students, disrupting Sanders campaign and ofcourse the stupid chants. They gave plenty ammo to Fox News to thrash them and they DID.

When did i equate Police Killing Blacks to Black on Black crime, As a matter of fact i dont recall even mentioning Police Brutality in my post. Once again just twisting my words to make a halfassed response. My post was specifically about the SELF INFLICTED problems of the African American Community, not crime statistics comparisons. I wont even bother saying more.

Oh sure im thankful for the civil rights movement. I wont even bother responding to the tantrum thats all over that part of your post.

As for your video about the N-Word, i didnt really bother watching it. Cause im pretty sure it has nothing to do with what i said. I reiterate, Black Rappers have decided its 'cool' to take that word lightly and spun out over a decade of songs full of it. How do you expect the people who buy and listen to those song to somehow 'Censor' Themselves when it comes to using it.

Like i said the current Generation of American Youth have no regards whatsoever to using that word, all over Youtube, Vines, Twitter, full of them youths of ALL ages and Races using that term. NO one seems to care, But once a popular person uses that term (not calling someone it, let me be clear before you twist my words again) they get hounded. Example : https://twitter.com/gwynethpaltrow/status/208693551163379712, and this amusing response from some rapper : http://newsone.com/2019974/nas-gwyneth-paltrow/ (apparently he says, she gets a pass because he knows her blah blah, so thats what this whole crap has been turned into huh undecided)

Sure sure, Affirmative action is needed.

Currently, Political Correctness on Steroids has allowed Minorities (not just Blacks ) to literary bitch about anything and people will still defend and bend over to appease them, Example :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IEFD_JVYd0, a Student blcthing about how other students (specifically the white ones i assume) dress in halloween costumes that are offensive to her. And ofcourse the recent University Protests that were Overreactions to minor issues.

Right, not many minorities have won Oscars, You really expect a field that has majority white actors to have an equal representation in awards? The reality is not many minorities have starred in acclaimed movies that warrant awards, and when they do they have stiff competitions, so theyre still not likely to win anyway. What these whiners want is a 'Quota', they dont say so out loud but that seems to be what theyre hinting at.

What kind of ldiocy is this anyway, a controversy over which actor gets a fvcking award that wont change the lives of anyone but themselves. How many of these Black celebs actually bother to voice concerns on actual injustices anyway?

And all the complainers ive seen , the Spike Lees, Smiths, etc have EXCLUSIVELY only talked about how there were no BLACK NOMINEES, no mention of any other minorities whatsover. So pls spare me the pretense of caring about other Minorities.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
APCLyingBastard:
This affirmative action nonsense has gone too far.

Because there was no black actor/actress nominated in this year's Oscars does that warrant the entire black Hollywood from boycotting the event?

What of the year's prior that no Asian or Latin American was nominated did the Asians and Latinos boycot the event?

This is like having a situation were white people boycot the 100m Olympics final because no white athlete made it to the finals.

If black America wants to be taken seriously then they should start doing serious films and not the usual vulgar pulp movies they are used to making and starring in.

These black actors are also to blame alongside their music counterparts in furthering the nigger culture among black Americans with their rubbish vulgar ghetto inspired films.

I believe the oscars should go on without paying any heed to their foolish overrated egos.

Yeye
This is a weak argument.
Too many false analogies.
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Rossikk(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
arbitter:

White racist bastar.d. Get the fck out of this thread and forum. Who invited you here? Stinking trailer trash pig.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Shymm3x: 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
The utter ignorance and illiteracy on this forum is appalling. I honestly don't know why you lot always want to have an opinion, especially when it is a condescending one, on a culture and history you don't understand and can't relate to. Most of you don't even know the background story, yet you think you have the perfect answer to something going on in a next clime. Pathetic.

Are African Americans planning to boycott the Oscars? Apart from Jada Pinkett who's mad that her husband, did get nominated for the amazing role he played in "Concussion", Tyrese, 50Cent who was just trolling, and Al Sharpton - how many notable African Americans have spoken about boycotting the show?

Do they have legitimate complaints? Absolutely. You just have to ask yourself why Michael B. Jordan never got any nomination for the amazing role he played in "Creed", yet Stallone a white man got a nomination for the same movie. All the black actors in the NWA movie, which is the highest grossing biopic of all time, never got nominated, yet the White script writers were nominated. If you think both movies don't deserve any nominations - how about Will Smith in "Concussion"? Why must they always have to play slaves, work as maids, act as gangsters, or get fvcked by a white man in movies before they get nominated for their amazing contributions in Hollywood? If you lot don't see anything wrong with that - you need to get ya brain cells checked.

Most of the vocal folks about the whole Oscar thing are white celebrities. And even David Oyelowo and Idris Elba who're black Brits have been more vocal about it on bigger platforms than African Americans. Oh, Jada Pinkett made a video cos of her husband - it's an AA thing, when all sensible people can see what's wrong. They're boycotting it, yet Chris Rock is co-hosting the same award show. Can you see how dumb most of you sound? Or is Chris Rock white?

And what's bad in having a sense of entitlement in ya country? Aren't African Americans more American than white Americans? Who built the country or would there have been an America without slave labour? If King George hadn't set up plantations in Virginia with black slaves to work for free - would America there today? Don't you plonkers feel a sense of entitlement to Nigeria and cry marginalisation all the time? Fvcking clowns.

When they start calling you lot African booty scratchers you will start crying, yet you lot won't see how condescending you are most times.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Rossikk(m): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
Shymm3x:
The utter ignorance and illiteracy on this forum is appalling. I honestly don't know why you lot always want to have an opinion, especially when it is a condescending one, on a culture and history you don't understand and can't relate to. Most of you don't even know the background story, yet you think you have the perfect answer to something going on in a next clime. Pathetic.

Are African Americans planning to boycott the Oscars? Apart from Jada Pinkett who's mad that her husband, did get nominated for the amazing role he played in "Concussion", Tyrese, 50Cent who was just trolling, and Al Sharpton - how many notable African Americans have spoken about boycotting the show?

Do they have legitimate complaints? Absolutely. You just have to ask yourself why Michael B. Jordan never got any nomination for the amazing role he played in "Creed", yet Stallone a white man got a nomination for the same movie. All the black actors in the NWA movie, which is the highest grossing biopic of all time, never got nominated, yet the White script writers were nominated. If you think both movies don't deserve any nominations - how about Will Smith in "Concussion"? Why must they always have to play slaves, work as maids, act as gangsters, or get fvcked by a white man in movies before they get nominated for their amazing contributions in Hollywood? If you lot don't see anything wrong with that - you need to get ya brain cells checked.

Most of the vocal folks about the whole Oscar thing are white celebrities. And even David Oyelowo and Idris Elba who're black Brits have been more vocal about it on bigger platforms than African Americans. Oh, Jada Pinkett made a video cos of her husband - it's an AA thing, when all sensible people can see what's wrong. They're boycotting it, yet Chris Rock is co-hosting the same award show. Can you see how dumb most of you sound? Or is Chris Rock white?

And what's bad in having a sense of entitlement in ya country? Aren't African Americans more American than white Americans? Who built the country or would there have been an America without slave labour? If King George hadn't set up plantations in Virginia with black slaves to work for free - would America there today? Don't you plonkers feel a sense of entitlement to Nigeria and cry marginalisation all the time? Fvcking clowns.

When they start calling you lot African booty scratchers you will start crying, yet you lot won't see how condescending you are most times.
I feel you dude. There is nothing more irritating than listening to the average Nigerian airing his 'opinion' on issues relating to black America. They come from a position of near total historical illiteracy regarding black American socio-political development, allied to a rigid, colonially instilled default pro-white position. It's often best to just ignore them to be honest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Shymm3x: 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
Rossikk:
I feel you dude. There is nothing more irritating than listening to the average Nigerian airing his 'opinion' on issues relating to black America. They come from a position of near total historical illiteracy regarding black American socio-political development, allied to a rigid, colonially instilled default pro-white position. It's often best to just ignore them to be honest.

I honestly don't understand the hate. They hate them, yet they bite everything they do, created afrobeat from hip-hop, dress like them, want to talk like them etc.. Isn't that self-hate when their culture influenced most of these folks? Without AAs, colonisation might even be in existence in Africa cos the enlightenment came from African Americans. The relationship ought to be symbiotic cos both groups need each other.

Say whatever you want about them but they're more influential than the whole of Africa combined. Have a higher GDP than the whole of Africa. Have more successful people than the whole of Africa per ratio. Have more inventors and folks that have excelled in different fields than the whole of Africa etc.. So folks ought to be bridging the gap cos their purchasing power alone can lift Africa out of poverty.

It is 2015 and information is easily accessible on Internet. But these illiterates just hate reading extensively and all they do with their ignorance is to bring shame to upstanding Africans everywhere. They are a disgrace to Africa. Africa needs to connect with black diaspora and exchange ideas to prosper.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by arbitter: 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
Rossikk:
White racist bastar.d. Get the fck out of this thread and forum. Who invited you here? Stinking trailer trash pig.

Funny

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by blueAgent(m): 5:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
blacks are just stupid hypocrites "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal ." -- Aristotle

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by blueAgent(m): 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
blacks are just stupid hypocrites "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal ." -- Aristotle
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by blueAgent(m): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
Black kkk, go away! Black privilege manifests itself in numerous forms: Blacks have the right to take pride in their race. Whites don't. Blacks can never be racist. Whites are always racist, even if they don't try to be. Blacks get to play the race card. Whites don't. Blacks never have to feel guilty about being black. Whites are trained to feel guilty about being white. Blacks have the right to make blacks only organizations like the Black Student Union and the Congressional Black Caucus. Whites don't. Blacks have the right to never take responsibility for their own actions. Anything bad which happens to a black person can be blamed on racism or white people. Whites have to take responsibility and apologize for their actions. Rich black people have a right to be rich. Rich white people don't. Black people have the right to demonize white people. White people don't have the right to demonize black people. Black people are excused when they are prejudiced against white people. White people are never excused for prejudice against black people. Black people are a "protected class." White people are not. Violent crimes by whites on blacks are "hate crimes." Violent crimes by blacks on whites are just "random" crimes. Blacks have the right to affirmative action and minority set-asides. Whites have to earn their positions. Blacks are "cool." Whites are "squares" and "rednecks." Blacks have the right to say words like "nigger," which whites are never allowed to use. They have the right which whites are never allowed to use. They have the right to incessantly repeat the word "nigger" in front of white people, to intimidate them and keep them in their place. Blacks can make the most racially insensitive comments and, more often than not, no one blinks twice. They are allowed to insult others without repercussion.[1] Blacks can spend their rent money on designer handbags and then complain about how they don’t have the same economic opportunities as everyone else. And they get away with it.[2] Black men are sexual supermen. White men are sexually inadequate. Black men have huge joysticks. White men have small, inadequate joysticks. Blacks have "civil rights". Whites don't. Blacks are in prison because of racism. Whites are in prison because they're criminals. Black jury members have the right to acquit criminals, if they're black. Blacks have the right to put a halt to any policy, statement, symbol, statistic, outcome, word or expression they find offensive. Whites have no such rights. Blacks are morally superior to whites. "[Blacks] enjoy cultural cache around the world as victors over oppression and the hard reality of what that looks like at this point in world history. The music that they enjoy, the clothes that they wear, their very mannerisms carry a certain amount of gravitas."[3] Blacks can assign collective racial guilt to "you white folks." White people cannot do the reverse because that would be racist. White people everywhere, and at all times, bear guilty

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by ApexTitan(m): 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
arbitter:

Whatever was given to Holocaust survivors,Japanese,Irish people was directly to actual VICTIMS. Not their descendants who just want a quick buck. Like honestly, you think the US is gonna pay 15 Trillion dollars to this current generation of African Americans?!

When did i say BLM committed Violence, How Lame! Trying to twist my word just so you can have a leg to stand on in your half assed response.
BLM activists were NEVER shot by any White people, that fake ass story was busted ages ago, you should thank the pathetic media for giving it credibility just like they did with that Bullshit about 'Hands Up Dont Shoot' (how embarrassing was that when it turned out the so called witness LIED). CHants are not gunshots eh? Sure they aint, but They're still dangerous chants, and no one is gonna support people who chant death crap at cops. when BLM started they had support all over the place, even from Obama, now what? They've been abandoned to their antics, and most liberals are pissed at them, why? because they go around harassing students, disrupting Sanders campaign and ofcourse the stupid chants. They gave plenty ammo to Fox News to thrash them and they DID.

When did i equate Police Killing Blacks to Black on Black crime, As a matter of fact i dont recall even mentioning Police Brutality in my post. Once again just twisting my words to make a halfassed response. My post was specifically about the SELF INFLICTED problems of the African American Community, not crime statistics comparisons. I wont even bother saying more.

Oh sure im thankful for the civil rights movement. I wont even bother responding to the tantrum thats all over that part of your post.

As for your video about the N-Word, i didnt really bother watching it. Cause im pretty sure it has nothing to do with what i said. I reiterate, Black Rappers have decided its 'cool' to take that word lightly and spun out over a decade of songs full of it. How do you expect the people who buy and listen to those song to somehow 'Censor' Themselves when it comes to using it.

Like i said the current Generation of American Youth have no regards whatsoever to using that word, all over Youtube, Vines, Twitter, full of them youths of ALL ages and Races using that term. NO one seems to care, But once a popular person uses that term (not calling someone it, let me be clear before you twist my words again) they get hounded. Example : https://twitter.com/gwynethpaltrow/status/208693551163379712, and this amusing response from some rapper : http://newsone.com/2019974/nas-gwyneth-paltrow/ (apparently he says, she gets a pass because he knows her blah blah, so thats what this whole crap has been turned into huh undecided)

Currently, Political Correctness on Steroids has allowed Minorities (not just Blacks ) to literary bitch about anything and people will still defend and bend over to appease them, Example :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IEFD_JVYd0, a Student blcthing about how other students (specifically the white ones i assume) dress in halloween costumes that are offensive to her. And ofcourse the recent University Protests that were Overreactions to minor issues.

Right, not many minorities have won Oscars, You really expect a field that has majority white actors to have an equal representation in awards? The reality is not many minorities have starred in acclaimed movies that warrant awards, and when they do they have stiff competitions, so theyre still not likely to win anyway. What these whiners want is a 'Quota', they dont say so out loud but that seems to be what theyre hinting at.

What kind of ldiocy is this anyway, a controversy over which actor gets a fvcking award that wont change the lives of anyone but themselves. How many of these Black celebs actually bother to voice concerns on actual injustices anyway?

And all the complainers ive seen , the Spike Lees, Smiths, etc have EXCLUSIVELY only talked about how there were no BLACK NOMINEES, no mention of any other minorities whatsover. So pls spare me the pretense of caring about other Minorities.

You know the resident uber patriots and black entitlement movement on this forum will hate you for this straight up comment. See them seething already... grin
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by blueAgent(m): 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
blacks are selfish they forgot that but America is approximately 15% Black. If the same logic was applied to professional basketball teams, each team would only be allowed to have a maximum of TWO black players ...based on diversity.
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by blueAgent(m): 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
HCGrad08:

Wow! Really?!

To speak to your first point, reparations are not owed because "free money" but because this country was built on the black of blacks. That includes hundreds of years of slavery and 100 years of the black codes and Jim Crow which stripped African Americans of millions of dollars of generational wealth. Did you know that the US pays reparations to Holocaust survivors to this day? Did you know that the Japanese and the Irish received a form of reparations? Did you know that slave owners receiver reparations because they LOST slaves? What happened to our 40 acres and a mule? It's not entitlement, it is recognition for hard work that was done and has been done for decades now. We have been toiling in this country. We built this country for free, not just slavery but continually so asking for what is deserved is not entitlement. We are not even the only community in the diaspora bringing this up. Read this please if you want to learn facts instead of spewing the nonsense that you're peddling: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

As for #BlackLivesMatter turning into "anti-white bullshit" , show me where BLM resulted in violence against anyone and I'll show you were Black Lives Matter activists were SHOT by violent white supremacists while they were peacefully protesting. "Chants" are not gun shots. There is also PLENTY of support for BLM, I know white families who have BLM signs in their yards!

http://m.startribune.com/several-people-were-shot-near-black-lives-matter-protest-site/353121881/

As for straw man "black on black crime" arguments, I'll leave something here for you as well but since when is a police officer killing an unarmed person equivalent to a criminal killing someone?!? Also, what about white on white crime? Most crime in intraracial, that "argument" is null and void.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/10/black-lives-matter-loury-mcwhorter/409117/

What follows next in your comments is so asinine that I won't even address it. You're SO out of touch that it's almost laughable. I can see that you spend a lot of time in white conservative spaces because of your liberal use of the word "whitey" and your ill regard towards "white liberals". Are you sure that you're not a racist white man in disguise? I've only heard white people say "whitey" when they think that they're parroting black people. The point is that we will CONTINUE to speak out when there is an injustice because if we never did, we still wouldn't be able to VOTE! And your punk azz would have never been able to come here to spit on our efforts because the Immigration Act of 1965 allowed immigrants and students from countries other than Europe the opportunity to come here. Prior to that, it was a no go. So thank those whining black people and those stupid liberal whites for that.

http://www.soundvision.com/article/how-the-civil-rights-movement-affected-us-immigration

The Oscars talk is not my cup of tea, I'm not interested in begging but there is a real issue. In the last 87 years or so, there have been fewer than 10 black actors who have won. Latinos and Asians haven't won a single award in 10 years. This is about people of color, not just black ones. Not saying anything doesn't help anyone, look at the Native Americans.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero/2016/01/film-and-race

As for the "N-Word", please watch this. He explains it beautifully:

https://www.facebook.com/chaka.clarke1/videos/10206858844043076/

Just a small point on Affirmative Action:

There was a Haverford alum on a panel once, my alma mater. He is a black lawyer, very distinguished. He had a classmate at Haverford, who then became a law school classmate. They ended up interviewing for the same job and the black man got it. The white man later, said that he felt like his job was taken because of Affirmative action... Never mind the fact that he and the guy did undergrad and law school together. His implicit bias made him feel like he was somehow more entitled to the job that something was stripped from him. I don't understand such intellectually lazy assumptions. Affirmative Action is needed because people are idiots that can't see past their privilege. Smh...

Slavery didn't originate with 'whites' nor did
it end after it was outlawed in 'white'
countries. For example, Muslims began
buying and selling large numbers of African
slaves 600 years before Europeans did and
continued to do so until at least 100 years
after. The prevalence of 'white' slavery is
also rarely if ever discussed. Between one
and one and a half million white European
sailors and residents of coastal villages were
enslaved by the (Islamic) Barbary pirates.
This included many from Britain itself,
particularly in Devon and Cornwall. These
and other aspects of slavery are rarely, if
ever, discussed or debated because it
doesn't fit the anti-white agenda. Neither
does the fact that it was black (African)
tribal leaders who, during military conquests
of other tribes or states, captured and
enslaved their fellow black Africans then sold
them in the slave markets to the highest
bidder. With slavery being such a lucrative
business wars were often launched with the
sole purpose of enslavement in mind.
Another source came from within the
enslaving societies themselves. Just as Britain
disposed of it's convicts, heretics, debtors
and ne'er do wells by sending them to the
colonies so did the African tribal leaders by
selling them as slaves.

i guess your forefathers will also pay part of the money. for selling their own people.it took same whites to stop slavery not blacks
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by blueAgent(m): 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
blueAgent:

selling them as slaves.

i guess your forefathers will also pay part of the money. for selling their own people.it took same whites to stop slavery not blacks

Blacks built which US. the same blacks slaves that destoryed Haiti
This is a point you can't hype too much. All the
Haitians had to do to be wealthy was to DO FOR
THEMSELVES what THEY KNEW HOW TO DO
because they'd done for the French... and they fell
into poverty almost immediately.
Even given all the materials and knowledge to
make wealth... they could not put 2 and 2
together same thing in zimbabawe after mugabe sized lands and transfered it to blacks
they inherited large farms with farm tools .but what did they do with it.plunge zimbabawe once food basket of Southern Africa into hunger. and many more examples same blac ks that destory Detriot,Baltimore,Cleveland e.t.c and other cities with black majority population
it is obvious from all facts that blacks cannot acheive manage or actualize anything without whites support and supervision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
blueAgent:

together same thing im zimbabawe after mugabe sized lands and transfered it to blacks
they inherited large farms with farm tools .but what did they do with it.plunge zimbabawe once food basket of Southern Africa into hunger. and many more examples same blac ks that destory Detriot,Baltimore,Cleveland e.t.c and other cities with black majority population
it is obvious from all facts that blacks cannot acheive manage or actualize anything without whites support and supervision.
Why are you so frustrated?
Did a black man snatch your white girlfriend/wife?
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Marcelini(m): 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
blueAgent:

together same thing im zimbabawe after mugabe sized lands and transfered it to blacks

Haiti was forced to pay reparations running into millions of dollars over years to the French for booting the French and other colonists out of Haiti.

Those reparations crumbled Haiti. The whites killed Haiti.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_debt_of_Haiti

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by HCGrad08: 11:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
arbitter:

Cite your sources please! Show me where the shooting has been debunked. If you don't bother to read the source material that I provided, you can't adequately provide an educated rebuttal. It's just your own hate filled rant complete with conservative ramblings based on no actual facts. You've shown that you're not qualified to actually have this discussion with me. Do your homework.
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by HCGrad08: 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
blueAgent:

selling them as slaves.

Your point about the origins of "slavery" in the broad sense of the word has nothing to do with my points. I stated that the United States was built on the backs of enslaved people. The compensation is for undue treatment and unpaid labor. Read "The Case for Reparations" in the Atlantic to see the cultural and socioeconomic implications. Also, indentured servitude or "slavery" in West Africa was not o the same scale as the chattel slavery of the TransAtlantic slave trade. It cannot be compared. This also does not absolve the U.S from any wrongdoings. Wrongdoings that resulted in this country being where it is now. Banks and colleges and institutions that were built by blacks. Black people being traded in the finance market. Our towns and economic systems torn down, generational wealth stripped away. A "sorry" doesn't cut it. It doesn't cut it in any other world system, it shouldn't now.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by londoner: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
OP..did you really write the word 'negro' ?

You ask why they are boycotting? Because unlike you and other Africans they are ready to demand what they feel is their fare share or at least register their displeasure...right in the white man's face.

Not every black person cowers at the feet of white people or are willing to accept crumbs as cake.

You talk about Asians and Hispanics but the fact that they are not boycotting does not mean Black Americans should not.

Even where black people are recognised in film consider the characters they must play first. Always a slave or servant or sexual deviant.

African Americans have endured too much even over the past year to act like cowards now.

Maybe you won't understand.

There are some Nigerians that simply oga and madam every European and are unable to even stand up for themselves in front of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by HCGrad08: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
arbitter:

Funny

Are you sure that you're not white? The rhetoric that you're spewing is all too familiar.
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by londoner: 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
My African American people.....I stand with you on this. More grease to your elbow.

So proud that Idris Elba and Eyolowo are also standing by you as British African actors.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by londoner: 12:15am On Jan 25, 2016
BlackMaria:

I disagree with u on the music part. Who rules the music world in America. It's Blacks.
Dre,diddy,hov(jay-z),kanye,birdman,etc are blacks,who av taken over the music sector. The only white folk worth mentioning is Eminem.

No it's major labels behind artists than run the music industry like EMI or Warner Music Groups and that's before we talk about distribution and everything else. It is not run by black people just influenced by them.
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by arbitter: 12:46am On Jan 25, 2016
HCGrad08:

Cite your sources please! Show me where the shooting has been debunked. If you don't bother to read the source material that I provided, you can't adequately provide an educated rebuttal. It's just your own hate filled rant complete with conservative ramblings based on no actual facts. You've shown that you're not qualified to actually have this discussion with me. Do your homework.

Yes, Im definitely white and/or a conservative, because everyone who says something you dont wanna hear is either white or conservative. Im not qualified to have a discussion with you eh, well i dont recall starting any with you either way so ill end this one here, afterall my opinion is mine, and i didnt really ask you to agree with it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 25, 2016
londoner:

No it's major labels behind artists than run the music industry like EMI or Warner Music Groups and that's before we talk about distribution and everything else. It is not run by black people just influenced by them.
Their is a difference btw labels and artistes.
They both need each other. Without the artistes,labels will not feed fat.
Remember artistes can now switch camps anytime they want,if they have a very good lawyer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish / RE: Adaure4ever, One Of The Sins Of Rochas Okorocha / Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.