Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,642 members, 7,914,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? (6860 Views)

Biafra: Boycotting Anambra Election Our Last Push To Achieving Referendum – IPOB / Buhari Government Boycotting Netanyahu's Visit To ECOWAS Will Spell Doom / FFK On Buhari/Osinbajo Boycotting ECOWAS Meeting With Benjamin Netanyahu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by blueAgent(m): 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2016
Marcelini:

Haiti was forced to pay reparations running into millions of dollars over years to the French for booting the French and other colonists out of Haiti.

Those reparations crumbled Haiti. The whites killed Haiti.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_debt_of_Haiti

whites also killed Detriot,Zimbabawe, Cleavland,Baltimore,?

the debt was justified.
even US paid money to Britian. Britain paid tributes and money to Roman empire . stop giving me silly excuse.that is not a reason for Haiti poverty. blacks always giving reasons for their failure.
Liberia had independence 1847 nothing to show. Ethiopia was never colonized but were are they now.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by blueAgent(m): 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
imhotep:
Why are you so frustrated? Did a black man snatch your white girlfriend/wife?
you are the one that is frustrated. prove your IQ and refute my arguments with facts not making noise
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by HCGrad08: 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2016
blueAgent:

whites also killed Detriot,Zimbabawe, Cleavland,Baltimore,?

the debt was justified.
even US paid money to Britian. Britain paid tributes and money to Roman empire . stop giving me silly excuse.that is not a reason for Haiti poverty. blacks always giving reasons for their failure.
Liberia had independence 1847 nothing to show. Ethiopia was never colonized but were are they now.

Abeg, stop making things up. The U.S. Did not pay money to the British after the Revolutionary War. They paid money to countries in Europe due to debt that they accurued fighting against the British. Once again, you aren't citing any sources to back up your ridiculous claims.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1784-1800/loans

Also, if the Haitian debt was so "justified", why did France abolish it last year. You're foolish.
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by londoner: 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2016
BlackMaria:

Their is a difference btw labels and artistes.
They both need each other. Without the artistes,labels will not feed fat.
Remember artistes can now switch camps anytime they want,if they have a very good lawyer.

Labels are able to find and create a talent just the same as one that leaves a label. There is plenty of talent out there and if they want to a record company can replicate or even just get someone that can copy. If they like those big entertainment can take a Justin Timberlake create a mega pop group, later on recreate him into a pop star and later on an r&b "sensation".

They can take a girl from Australia with a fake American accent, teach her how to appropriate a reigning black expression, even give her the same name as a black artist, pair her up with black and ambiguous artists and make her a star.

They control the machine and the machine creates and sustains the fame.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by HCGrad08: 9:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
arbitter:

Yes, Im definitely white and/or a conservative, because everyone who says something you dont wanna hear is either white or conservative. Im not qualified to have a discussion with you eh, well i dont recall starting any with you either way so ill end this one here, afterall my opinion is mine, and i didnt really ask you to agree with it.

No, I asked because you're peddling the same ridiculous rhetoric that they do. Including the terms, like: "blaming whitey". The only people that I've ever heard use the term "whitey" are white people. It's like they give y'all a "How to Hate Effectively" handbook. Lol. How did you get here? Through a link from Stormfront, abi? Abeg, go back there joor.

You can't even effectively back up your arguments...
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by HCGrad08: 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2016
londoner:
My African American people.....I stand with you on this. More grease to your elbow.

So proud that Idris Elba and Eyolowo are also standing by you as British African actors.

Thank you. Connection amongst Africa and the diaspora is so needed. It's appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
blueAgent:

you are the one that is frustrated.
prove your IQ and refute my arguments with facts not making noise
LMAO
OK. Tell me the meaning of the symbols in this old photograph

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2016
londoner:

Labels are able to find and create a talent just the same as one that leaves a label. There is plenty of talent out there and if they want to a record company can replicate or even just get someone that can copy. If they like those big entertainment can take a Justin Timberlake create a mega pop group, later on recreate him into a pop star and later on an r&b "sensation".

They can take a girl from Australia with a fake American accent, teach her how to appropriate a reigning black expression, even give her the same name as a black artist, pair her up with black and ambiguous artists and make her a star.

They control the machine and the machine creates and sustains the fame.
I still insist that the blacks rule the Rap genre.
Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by HCGrad08: 11:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
blueAgent:

It took same whites to stop slavery not blacks

Just wanted to touch on this. You think that slavery stopped only because of whites? I suppose the blacks that fought against it never happened? These uprisings didn't occur?

San Miguel de Gualdape (1526)
Gaspar Yanga's Revolt (c. 1570) near the Mexican city of Veracruz; the group escaped to the highlands and built a free colony
Gloucester County, Virginia Revolt (1663)
New York Slave Revolt of 1712
Samba Rebellion (1731)
Stono Rebellion (1739)
New York Slave Insurrection of 1741
1791 Mina conspiracy
Pointe Coupée conspiracy (1794)
Gabriel's conspiracy (1800)
Igbo Landing slave escape (1803)
Chatham Manor Rebellion (1805)
1811 German Coast Uprising, (1811)
George Boxley Rebellion (1815)
Denmark Vesey's conspiracy (1822)
Nat Turner's slave rebellion (1831)
Black Seminole Slave Rebellion (1835–1838)
Amistad seizure (1839)
Creole case (1841) (the most successful in US history)
1842 Slave Revolt in the Cherokee Nation
John Brown's raid on Harpers Ferry (1859)

Guess not...

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by londoner: 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
BlackMaria:

I still insist that the blacks rule the Rap genre.

Maybe you're talking about delivery rather than the industry. We can all have our opinions though. Nothing against it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Negroes Of America Boycotting The Oscars? by londoner: 11:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
HCGrad08:

Thank you. Connection amongst Africa and the diaspora is so needed. It's appreciated.

No worries.

Bridging the gap and coming together without the 'middle man' is what we need and I believe it's the only way we can heal, find our strength again and move forward....together.

When those bruts were killing black people every week there was not a descendent of Africa that was not hurt by it. They think you don't have anyone on your side.....ooh but you do.

Some are for the moment concerned with playing the 'good black' but that's because we are all displaying different layers of our conditioning. They can't help that, yet.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC Asks Members To Protest At NASS, State Assemblies Over Minimum Wage / Nnamdi Kanu Becomes Global Media Personality After Arrest - Pictures / 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.