Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,669 members, 7,979,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 04:42 AM

Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started (2570 Views)

Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu / Blackwater In Nigeria Fighting Boko Haram-us Buzzfeed / Is Nigeria At War/ Has The Second Civil War Began? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by oyinda3(f): 1:14am On Jul 05, 2009
so when do u predict this civil war will take place?
5 years from now? 50 years from now??
because I know ken saro wiwa was killed a long while ago undecided
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 05, 2009
Okija_juju:

Na war una dey carry play like this?? shocked
Don't mind the poster.
Some people are still in their childish mindset. undecided
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ElRazur: 1:21am On Jul 05, 2009
oyinda.:

so when do u predict this civil war will take place?
5 years from now? 50 years from now??
because I know ken saro wiwa was killed a long while ago undecided

How long is a piece of rope?

It takes time for things to happen. When ken was killed, did you ever envisaged that people would go back to fight the government via carrying arms? Kidnapping? etc. I am not here to make predictions like your olobayo and TB joshua. I am merely looking at known values and using it to put together what I see as my own valid opinion.

Let us not ignore the writings on the wall you see.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by oyinda3(f): 1:28am On Jul 05, 2009
funny that u mentioned tb joshua. that's exactly is what's on my mind abt u right now lol
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ElRazur: 1:33am On Jul 05, 2009
oyinda.:

funny that u mentioned tb joshua. that's exactly is what's on my mind abt u right now lol

Erm okay.

Unlike tb joshua, my discussion have been in the open

Unlike tb joshua, my points have been based on what is happening around us and all can see. Not something I claim is from God or some super God.

Unlike tb joshua, my point have backings of extensive studies etc.

But hey, if you wanna see things as such, be my guest madam. smiley
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by oyinda3(f): 1:34am On Jul 05, 2009
yea so what side r u on govt or naija delta? where will u be found on the d-day?? tongue
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ElRazur: 1:36am On Jul 05, 2009
oyinda.:

yea so what side r u on govt or naija delta? where will u be found on the d-day?? tongue

Im in the UK. That is the side am on. smiley
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by oyinda3(f): 1:39am On Jul 05, 2009
how very unpatriotic
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On Jul 05, 2009
Roflmao!!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ElRazur: 1:42am On Jul 05, 2009
oyinda.:

how very unpatriotic

Yeah but I enjoy 24hrs electricity, Good public transport, KFC, Burger king, there are rules and regulation and people follow them. There is no mosquito, I get to live my dream and my career. . . Trust me, those things are worth being unpatriotic for. Just ask Kobojunkie.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by oyinda3(f): 1:43am On Jul 05, 2009
kfc and burger king are worth being unpatriotic for? tongue
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ElRazur: 1:44am On Jul 05, 2009
oyinda.:

kfc and burger king are worth being unpatriotic for? tongue

You have a problem with that?
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by Beaf: 1:49am On Jul 05, 2009
If you think the Niger Delta crisis cannot blossom into ful scale war, THINK AGAIN!

This is the same way 9ja has been sleep walking from crisis to deeper crisis. Nigeria is on the least of failed states because of the Niger Delta crisis. . . Aircraft, warships and heavy amour were employed in the latest skemishes; these things aren't toys. What more proof do we need?

The only way forward for 9ja is to hold a national conference to establish the contract between citizen and state. Right now there is now contract so madness reigns.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by Kobojunkie: 1:54am On Jul 05, 2009
The country is definitely being pulled apart from all sides. Unfortunately those doing the pulling, the leaders and citizens alike don't understand what exactly they are trying to create and how devastating it could be for all involved .
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by mafioso(m): 1:55am On Jul 05, 2009
Abeg ooooooh make i first carry my family finish first ohh, den the BIAFRANS can continue from where they stop in 15 January 1970 cool
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by bombay: 2:17am On Jul 05, 2009
FL Gators wtf is wrong with ur brain did you leave it in loo or wat why u so so so stupid u think you can just wake one morning and insult ur father.
You are a blood disgrace to nigeria and ur full self people like you are the once destroying these country.
You rather suffer than to stand for your right you come here to open your dirty smelling mouth.
Don't you have kids or better things to do than come here to type rubbish if you did not like what i have post must you respond.
You are a VIN do u know what that means you are a vagabond in nairaland.
Bloody slowpoke you are a blood fool in short you are more than a fool you are a Arrow.
Bloody gay
IF YOU WANT WAR I WILL I GIVE TO YOU FL Gators
WE CAN START IT RIGHT NOW self-servicer
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 05, 2009
bombay:

FL Gators wtf is wrong with ur brain did you leave it in loo or wat why u so so so stupid u think you can just wake one morning and insult ur father.
You are a blood disgrace to nigeria and ur full self people like you are the once destroying these country.
You rather suffer than to stand for your right you come here to open your dirty smelling mouth.
Don't you have kids or better things to do than come here to type rubbish if you did not like what i have post must you respond.
You are a VIN do u know what that means you are a vagabond in nairaland.
Bloody slowpoke you are a blood fool in short you are more than a fool you are a Arrow.
Bloody gay
IF YOU WANT WAR I WILL I GIVE TO YOU FL Gators
WE CAN START IT RIGHT NOW self-servicer
Grow up, my dear. Your kinda men are not my forte.

Next time when you're feeling funky, try joke section
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by bawomolo(m): 3:12am On Jul 05, 2009
mafioso:

Abeg ooooooh make i first carry my family finish first ohh, den the BIAFRANS can continue from where they stop in 15 January 1970 cool

abi o give us time to cash and carry
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ikeyman00(m): 4:55am On Jul 05, 2009
kia

wah tah gwan grin
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ikeyman00(m): 4:59am On Jul 05, 2009
@@@@ for where

the deltans are killing themselves

period!!

as for civil war,

i think its a question of how many delta left by them to fight
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by Beaf: 5:21am On Jul 05, 2009
ikeyman00:

@@@@ for where

the deltans are killing themselves

period!!

as for civil war,

i think its a question of how many delta left by them to fight

The Delta area provides more than 90% of federal revenue and so can easily. . .
Think about that.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by bombay: 5:26am On Jul 05, 2009
We ready to tire anything brother we don sign if you know watine to sign mean blood for blood
Last last dem go send there aboki brothers come forget say these men get family as well we go find them reach house fall every like tree for forest.
This wan pass operation piper alpha.
Like when you put smoke where you have bees what do you think will happen.
You ne ver hear i wan die i dey find die, watine dey the life oko belief i dey flex so no think say na alarmist dey yarn.
Watine sef una no dey think am we get every but we be apologist na so so apology we go dey give and receive.
F**k the system.
Na we be the system so why we dey fear to take am down.
This people need something very strong to change there perspective or else in the next 100yrs we will still be saying the same things.
All ready here we are having apologist and appeasers.
We already know those that will sell out by the remarks and comments and by there tribe and gender.
No be crowd fight make dem come man we like make dem come kill us.
As dem dey cut grass na so we go take cut them reach there mama house.
We go make sure say there kids don't grow no be god there children dey abroad dey school and they get house so use ur mind.
We will take it to dem they have the military power but we have the brain we will hurt them were it hurts most an eye for an eye.
You kill my own i go kill your own.
You do me i do you god no go vex.
Una no dey wonder say GOD dey there him no dey see all this things wey dey happen him no get mercy for all this suffering.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ikeyman00(m): 5:30am On Jul 05, 2009
for where!

tom don run self
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by bombay: 5:37am On Jul 05, 2009
Una no dey wonder why GOD go allow oyinbo man to enslave him own creation and the plenty suffering him no do anything now him dey see as nigerians dey suffer and he dey allow all these wankers called leaders to ensalve us again this wan pass slave trade.
You dey see but you no fit do anything na watine sef.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by bombay: 5:47am On Jul 05, 2009
PRESIDENT Umaru Yar Ardua has offered amnesty, within a six-month time frame to the so-called militants of the Niger Delta. Various reactions have trailed the announcement. Many have hailed it as a welcome move towards settling the beef in the Niger delta that has led to insurrection.

Many see it as a futile gesture borne from a misreading of the situation. Other people see it as an elaborate game of wits in which the federal government has made an opening gambit.

Many others see a cynical twist in the president’s gesture. The poet and playwright, and Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka in fact, in the swell of the early reactions, accuses the Nigerian authorities who have proffered this amnesty of “amnesia,” meaning, they had quite conveniently forgotten to read the minutes of our last meeting in 1967, with the last civil war, whose end-game politics has led in more than a remote way, to the current situation.

At the core of that war was the federalism question and its locations of the power of the state and of the federating units of the union to act, each with its sovereign will. Within the meaning of that sovereign will was also the rights of the federating units to self-determination, including the rights to economic determinism, or what many now call “resource control.”

The unresolved questions of 1967 now haunt us. Even the other poet and playwright, Johnson Pepper-Clark, an Ijaw who stood solidly on the federal side of the old conflict seems now to have reversed himself and taken a thoroughly regionalist position regarding the rights of peoples to self determination and economic justice. In an essay

“Armistice First in the Niger Delta,” J.P. Clark says: “Since no Nigerian administration has ever cared, militants in the Niger Delta, as a matter of history, are only carrying on the struggle begun in the last century by political leaders like Dappa Biriye, Ernest Ikoli and Udo Udoma to win equal rights for their people in our unequal federation where majorities proudly accommodate themselves, while containing the minorities, handed over to them, without consent or consultation, by a retreating colonial power.

They are following the example of Adaka Boro, Amangala and Nyananyo who died in the Civil War, fighting to perfect the union. It is the spirit of their own Kaiama declaration inspiring them to seek justice for their own people in a land where all people should be free and equal to draw on their individual resources, while respecting the rights and claims of their neighbours. Regrettably, it has been government of the majority by the majority for the majority.”

The last statement of this excerpt, about majorities, is of course too worn out to be true. In any case, read between the lines, it is clear that J.P. Clark’s moral pillars of 1967 that saw the “federalist” and the fierce Nigerian nationalist in him seems in other words to have turned into pillars of salt seeing the increasing military devastation of Gbaramatu and other places in the Niger delta.

But let us for a moment look at the stock and quality of the olive branch, that is, the amnesty offered to the militants of the Niger delta by president Yar Ardua. It would seem that the president’s gesture amounts to a cynical use of rhetoric to douse an epic conflagration.

This is why Amnesty will not work: first, as the spokes persons of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), the core movement leading the insurrection in the Niger delta have consistently reminded the Federal Government, the movement has not asked for amnesty.

They do not demand it as pre-condition for settlement.
They do not seek the federal government’s indemnity to crime because, in their position, they are not criminals or bandits; they are a movement of resistance that challenges the current status of nation.

Negotiations for disarmament

They remain entrenched, and their demands are in fact clear: they will not go into any negotiations for disarmament until the federal government meets the core of their demands: the release of Mr. Henry Okah, the withdrawal of the federal army from the Niger delta, and of course, the restoration of the 50 per cent derivation principle which guarantees the rights of states to economic justice.

To press home its position, MEND has had to prove that it could act with enough force and freedom in spite of the military cordon in the Niger delta by willfully targeting and destroying the infrastructure of the multinational oil giants whom it sees as historically complicit with the Nigerian government in maintaining the unjust state of affairs.

In short, MEND’s demands seek plainly to revisit the national question, and this is the true olive branch that would provide grounds for disarmament. Let us, of course, not overlook the subtle threat behind the federal government’s offer of amnesty and the six-month window for disarmament.

Presumably, beyond the six-month, and failing which the militants are unable to heed the imperatives from what it considers its magnanimity, there would following a more devastating military incursion and operation in the Niger delta. The use of force will certainly be futile.

Besides, the Niger delta is a tough terrain to operate. Its phalanx of creeks is a natural coverage for the kind of guerrilla activity which the Niger delta militia or resistance has fully adopted. If anything, they have learnt one or two things from the mistakes of Biafra .

But more importantly, they are in vast protective zones of action, a fact which was obvious to the Americans in 1975.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by TippyTop(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2009
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight  in the air,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields
we shall fight in the hills,
we shall never surrender,

[size=15pt]All na Shakara[/size]
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ifyalways(f): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2009
Dont think war is the solution to our problems.After the war,who goes where?who stays where?we are yet to understand ourselves and problems as individuals,families and tribes,Most chant war outside,preach peace inside and vice versa,Until we understand ourselevs,have a common goal and purpose,come out with one voice and honesty,. . .I dont think any miracle is gonna happen,and that miracle is def. not a civil war.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by Beaf: 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2009
Tippy Top:

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight in the air,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields
we shall fight in the hills,
we shall never surrender,

All na Shakara

It is foolish talk like this that will lead to war.

Delta people don't joke; remember the Okar coup when so called majority groups were quaking? Maybe your people are cowards that can't stand for their rights, but we from the Delta will.

I'm all for resolution but there are limits. We produce 90+ % of federal revenues and reap only death and poverty? We will show fools like you that slavery ended long ago.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ElRazur: 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2009
Beaf:

It is foolish talk like this that will lead to war.

Delta people don't joke; remember the Okar coup when so called majority groups were quaking? Maybe your people are cowards that can't stand for their rights, but we from the Delta will.

I'm all for resolution but there are limits. We produce 90+ % of federal revenues and reap only death and poverty? We will show fools like you that slavery ended long ago.

Why do you take him serious? He clearly lacks the capability to understand the seriousness of the issue at hand.
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by ikeyman00(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2009
tom don run self

war for where

by the time war start, the question is how many left them
Re: Civil War Has Broken Out In Nigeria Fighting Has Started by Beaf: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2009
ElRazur:

Why do you take him serious? He clearly lacks the capability to understand the seriousness of the issue at hand.

I see your point grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Physically Challenged/handicap in Nigeria / Drought In East Africa / How Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Benefits From budget rot & igbo connection!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.