Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,745 members, 7,879,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:34 PM

Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. (18831 Views)

Nigeria Ranks 4th In Soft Drinks Consumption Globally / 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks / 6 Soft Drinks In Nigeria And Their Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by teemanbastos(m): 7:05am On Feb 16, 2016
Hi nairalanders, ... Pls help me, I take soft drinks everyday... I know the implications but I feel overcome by it.
Any idea on how to stop this..
I know there are many people in my shoes.
Please advices.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Kenzico(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2016
Too bad for ur system n health....Don't worry, u'll get the antidote reply u need
*Modified** I said it!! Always trust nairalanders for Candid advices both Personal and Life threatening issues

7 Likes

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Drkul(f): 7:16am On Feb 16, 2016
teemanbastos:
Hi nairalanders, ... Pls help me, I take soft drinks everyday... I know the implications but I feel overcome by it.
Please advices.

Cc:lalasticlala
Its good you realised the implications of excessive intake of soft drink, and you have taken the 1st step which is trying to stop.
I was once in similar situation last year, I was addicted to soft drink, juice, fruit wines etc. I knew I needed to stop, but I couldn't. Whenever I go out or when drinks are at home(we have crates at home most times) I tend to take it often always saying to myself "this will be the last drink" but I kept on taking it. Funny thing was when people are in group talking about their addictions and I say am addicted to drinks they laugh it off. I felt bad cos I needed help to stop but no one understood me saying one or two soft drinks everyday aint addiction. But that's how addiction starts.
I believe addictions are things we stop on our own without even realising how we stopped it. I woke up one morning in november and said to myself I needed to stop this by all means, and that was it from nov till now I can't remember taking any drink except on dec 31st where I took a glass of pure heaven wine at a friend's trad. As at from nov till now I haven't taken any liquid that is not water or tea. When I go out or on occasions I take water instead, seeing drinks now sort of irritates me.
So cheers friend, you can do it you just have to be determined, discipline yourself(self control over what goes into your body) and be committed to stopping or reducing it.

44 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:25am On Feb 16, 2016
I don't think ur as addicted as I am.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by ShakurM(m): 8:01am On Feb 16, 2016
I swear it's that bastard Coke abi!! Start slowly, from big bottle to one cup from one cup to one shot grin

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Mrbigman1(m): 8:06am On Feb 16, 2016
Fighting your inner self can give u d answer u need.

In 2006 I wrote my first waec, I dnt make Chemistry.

I repeated a class as mum instructed and in 2007 I became addicted to Ps2 and Xbox.

I was not going to class no more even though I dress up in school uniform, was never going to church even though l dress up in front of everyone, reach church first without entering family car, immediately I made sure my family have seen me, I sneak out to Ps joint.

Funny enough, when waec reached, I missed all my papers and till today, I have not checked my result.

When almost all my classmates got into university and got new friends? U go fear anti-addiction me na, read like I wanna buid a rocket. Made my waec, jamb, post UME next year and was in school.

Bought Ps2 in my room, funny enough people will be playing this game and I will be watching or carry my books and go to my neighbour' room to read.

So, it's either u fight ur self to stop or u wait for ur self to fight u.

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by ThePeacemaker(m): 9:22am On Feb 16, 2016
grin grin grin grinEVERY SOFT DRINK ADDICTION WAS A HIT BACK TO BACK
FROM COKE TO FANTA TO PEPSI
STILL NA DIABETES OOH MY GUY grin grin

HOLLANDIA YOGHURT TI TAKEOVER

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Mutuwa(m): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2016
me 2

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Ojestas(m): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2016
Not only you, biko. . Jedijedi will show us shege !

8 Likes

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by INTROVERT(f): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2016
KEEP DRINKING O, DRINK MORE EVERYDAY, WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF IN THE HOSPITAL FACING ALL TYPES OF AILMENTS ESPECIALLY DIABETES, THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO YOURSELF.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 16, 2016
Good for you
Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Mutuwa(m): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

how many can's or bottles in a day plz..
and what make?

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by biggz82: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2016
So what do you want us to tell you.

OK stop drinking solf and start taking alcohol

2 Likes

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2016
teemanbastos:
Please advices.

Wetin concern us?? No be ur furo go shoot out?

4 Likes

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by guywitzerogal(m): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2016
U re a softdrinkholic, wait still ur wife or gf take a real hard plantain outside den no 1 will ask u to stop

5 Likes

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by gistmeloveblog: 9:25am On Feb 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Dinirojones(m): 9:25am On Feb 16, 2016
I knw that feeling man......u beta try to stop it if u don't want to be a 2 mins man..

Good tin I just checked my sugar level tho..
#Fantaaddict grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 16, 2016
ShakurM:
I swear it's that bastard Coke abi!!
lolz...u are addicted too abi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by iluvkpetus: 9:25am On Feb 16, 2016
Coke contains caffeine which is very dangerous to your health,I'on support all these sugary drinks though, too much sugars which could lead to diabetes...I'll advice to join the Orijin crew

CEO teamorijin

4 Likes

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Dandeson1(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2016
I was addicted to coke for years, if I never drink coke 4 the day, I wnt sleep. I could drink 3 to 4 bottles erryday... but thank God all that is behind me now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by omolola15(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2016
I have a friend who drinks like 2 coke a day. Theirs a high chance he's reading this right now. samorhino I'm talking about you. happney65 any advice for this guy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by NaLaugh: 9:26am On Feb 16, 2016
DIABETES!

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by MzPecs(f): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2016
It must be coke! Chai angry

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by doskie(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
it affects a man more. he can't do that thing properly again.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by obaival(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2016
Alomo bitter

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 16, 2016
na wa o
Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by johnshagb(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2016
Don't be scared it's a norm. I take either soda or malt drink everyday too and I believe lots of NLders will agree.
The solution is to take a cup of "agbo" sold by those westerners grin everyday.

Note: I don't take herbs myself

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by kennyman2000(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by anochuko01(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2016
the girl I'm ''asking out'' told me to curb it! and I've not drank a bottle of it this February.
tell everyone around you about it, so they can be there to caution you.
soft drink are VERY DANGEROUS to the health, its better you take in water....

I'm now addicted to pure water!

6 Likes

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 16, 2016
The trend its for me, am in the same mess. Gosh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by 1voice: 9:28am On Feb 16, 2016
ADDICTION IS A BIG CHALLENGE!
WHAT YOU MUST DO:
1.ALWAYS,KEEP WATER CLOSED TO YOU(BOTTLE WATER)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. by 9jatatafo(m): 9:28am On Feb 16, 2016
Look at the mirror and say to yourself stop it. Don't give room to internal disease of sugar

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Price Of Bread Set To Rise As Bakers Lament High Cost Of Ingredients / Coke Or Pepsi, Fanta Or Mirinda, Sprite Or 7-UP? / Chinese Silkie - Naturally Black Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.