Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,172 members, 7,963,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:26 PM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (25129 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ono(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2009
Interesting times are upon us!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by mrsb(f): 11:48am On Jul 14, 2009
I swear. Think I'm going to dig out my red passport and slip quietly off for the summer!! undecided
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 14, 2009
•   This attack in Lagos outside Niger Delta lends credence to the claim of MEND that it would carry the attack to Northern Nigeria, the claim which has triggered reactions from the North. If any part of the North is attacked  the country may witness a mini civil war. Already MEND has advised  indigenes of Niger Delta resident in the North to return home.

I believe that the FG and the regions benefitting from the current corrupt system still have enough time to sit down and negotiate. This is 2009.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nezerst(f): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2009
The stupid cowards should stop blowing pipelines when people r asleep. Whyt dnt they try taking their greivances 2 abuja where their money is being shared or better still start blowing up the political crooks.
FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2009
mrsb:

I swear. Think I'm going to dig out my red passport and slip quietly off for the summer!!  undecided

As you will be slipping off, I will be bouncing in. undecided tongue
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2009
Dang, MrsB you have a serious inside track on the breaking news here.  How can we be sure you are not typing these details from a hideout in the swamps near Epe ?

ono:

Interesting times are upon us!

Oga Ono, I throway salute.   Please o,  I think it is now time for you to issue me a covering note that will protect me if I run into any Egbesu teams when next I visit Lagos.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 14, 2009
nezerst:

The stupid cowards should stop blowing pipelines when people r asleep. Whyt dnt they try taking their greivances 2 abuja where their money is being shared or better still start blowing up the political crooks.
FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if Tom Polo and Gbomo will think twice about your post.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 11:55am On Jul 14, 2009
nuzo:

As if Tom Polo and Gbomo will think twice about your post.

grin cheesy grin u dey mind am.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Abagworo(m): 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
My own be say i never understand wetin dey hard to grant total resource control to states.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GEW: 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
mrsb:

Confirmation of the attack:

Attack on Atlas Cove on Sunday night:

• Attack was carried out by MEND faction loyal to Tom Polo, one of MEND'S factional leaders.
• According to intelligence report the men first assembled  in EPE , a town situated on river bank about fifty kilometers from Lagos.They had consultations with some groups presumably their kiths and kins, the Ijaws and carried out reconnaissance of Lagos waterways.
• They finally attacked the Atlas Cove in the night killing a Navy Lt. Commander, two Naval ratings and two civilians ,all were on duty in Atlas Cove,
• Ten civilians were wounded and are being hospitalized.
• Attackers came in three to four speed boats, heavily armed and tried to gain access to the facility but were repelled by gunfire from the Navy. They blew up the manifold and pipeline conveying refined petroleum, causing mighty  conflagration
• The fire was put out in the morning and repair work has commenced
• It is believed that the men have not left Lagos coast and may attack the facility again or carry out attacks on Government facilities or oil facilities
• This attack was not directed at any particular oil company, but oil and companies are advised to review their security countermeasures to ensure that their facilities are protected
• Expatriates are advised to consider suspending their trips to the beach, as some kidnappings could be carried out
• Personal security should be given attention
• It is reported that Sunday attack was provoked by the trip of the Attorney -General of the Federation and Minister of Justice to Sao Tome and Principe instead of hastening the presidential directive that Henry Okah, leader of MEND should be released.
• This attack in Lagos outside Niger Delta lends credence to the claim of MEND that it would carry the attack to Northern Nigeria, the claim which has triggered reactions from the North. If any part of the North is attacked  the country may witness a mini civil war. Already MEND has advised  indigenes of Niger Delta resident in the North to return home.

where are the NL arm chair war mongers now? didnt some of us predict this when these boys started
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2009
Abagworo:

My own be say i never understand wetin dey hard to grant total resource control to states.

U still dey ask shocked
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ mrsb

What is this source of this 'confirmation of the attack'?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2009
Hi everybody from Yoruba Land, I think we need to get our very own Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) militant ready and equip them with every possible equipment, if possible missile and Nuclear bomb ready for them cause I think this crazy MEND and foolish MOSSAB people wants civil war. We need to let them know we are ready for them anytime any day. Once they attack us once will should retaliate 20 times, like if they kill 10 from us. The OPC go straight down to Niger-delta to kill 1000 people simple then they will stop this crazy and Unless attack on Yoruba Land. Those stupid retarded bastards are afraid of the North because they are aware th Northern people are ready for WAR anytime any second. THANK YOU Everyone and Bleep every one from Niger-Delta that support the attack in Lagos. Maybe we should start Killing Niger-Delta living in Lagos then see who will be the great Loser.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by freezy(m): 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2009
Nice one! Well said!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2009
edwardd:

Hi everybody from Yoruba Land, I think we need to get our very own Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) militant ready and equip them with every possible equipment, if possible missile and Nuclear bomb ready for them cause I think this crazy MEND and foolish MOSSAB people wants civil war. We need to let them know we are ready for them anytime any day. Once they attack us once will should retaliate 20 times, like if they kill 10 from us. The OPC go straight down to Niger-delta to kill 1000 people simple then they will stop this crazy and Unless attack on Yoruba Land. Those stupid retarded bastards are afraid of the North because they are aware th Northern people are ready for WAR anytime any second. THANK YOU Everyone and mess every one from Niger-Delta that support the attack in Lagos. Maybe we should start Killing Niger-Delta living in Lagos then see who will be the great Loser.

You are so blinded by the irrational hate that you fail to see the big picture. How does MEND attacking a FG installation mean an attack on Yoruba land? Does Atlas Cove belong to you?

Well If you can, you can begin to fight your fellow masses while the men responsible for your poverty clink their champagne glasses in Abuja and sell your future to the highest bidder!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2009
edwardd:

Hi everybody from Yoruba Land, I think we need to get our very own Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) militant ready and equip them with every possible equipment, if possible missile and Nuclear bomb ready for them cause I think this crazy MEND and foolish MOSSAB people wants civil war. We need to let them know we are ready for them anytime any day. Once they attack us once will should retaliate 20 times, like if they kill 10 from us. The OPC go straight down to Niger-delta to kill 1000 people simple then they will stop this crazy and Unless attack on Yoruba Land. Those stupid retarded bastards are afraid of the North because they are aware th Northern people are ready for WAR anytime any second. THANK YOU Everyone and mess every one from Niger-Delta that support the attack in Lagos. Maybe we should start Killing Niger-Delta living in Lagos then see who will be the great Loser.

Seriously, you got me cracking up. grin grin grin grin grin

All talk and no action.

Wetin bring MASSOB come in here? Has MASSOB ever attacked anybody, anywhere in nigeria before? When did MASSOB call for war?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
edwardd:

one confused person. u cannot even differenciate the motives behind mend and motives behind massob.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
ow11:

You are so blinded by the irrational hate that you fail to see the big picture. How does MEND attacking a FG installation mean an attack on Yoruba land? Does Atlas Cove belong to you?

Well If you can, you can begin to fight your fellow masses while the men responsible for your poverty clink their champagne glasses in Abuja and sell your future to the highest bidder!

You dey mind the guy.he does not even know atlas cove belongs yo FG and not LASG.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
Whether Atlas Cove Jetty belong to FG or the state government is totally irrelevant, the fact that they brought the attack to YORUBALAND is enough reason to start protecting yORUBALAND from these type of attacks going forward.
Next time they blow up the Third Mainland brigde and some fools will still come and say it's FG property and Yoruba should keep quiet.

When the handshake starts getting pass the elbow, na kungfu be that. cheesy
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2009
@asha 80

The guy is just the typical Nigerian that sees a different tribe as the cause of his problem and not the ruling elite that have ruled this country since 1963. This elite consists of men from all tribes and plunder our resources daily yet it shocks me that Nigerians cannot see this but still see murdering members of an entire tribe as the thing that will give them electricity, good roads, hospitals and clean water to drink.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ignore the 'Yoruba' poster as he is nothing but a distraction.

MEND's attack on oil infrastructure ANYWHERE in Nigeria is legitimate since without oil revenue, most/all of these facilities would not be in place.

Till the government resolves the issues and deals with the issues with sincerity, the MEND attacks should continue.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2009
ilugunboy:

Whether Atlas Cove Jetty belong to FG or the state government is totally irrelevant, the fact that they brought the attack to YORUBALAND is enough reason to start protecting yORUBALAND from these type of attacks going forward.

When the handshake starts getting pass the elbow, na kungfu be that. cheesy

Oya gather all the egbe omo yoruba,OPC and yoruba warlords and start heading to bayelsa,rivers and delta. tongue
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Ibime(m): 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

MEND's attack on oil infrastructure ANYWHERE in Nigeria is legitimate since without oil revenue, most/all of these facilities would not be in place.

Till the government resolves the issues and deals with the issues with sincerity, the MEND attacks should continue.

Thats why I gbadun this guy!. . . . roll on MEND. . . . nothing do una. . . . hopefully Abuja is next! grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by shabbie(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

How do u explain this to the OPC boys (barely literate), they have taken this as a slap on their face, an attack in their backyard and they are gathering for repraisal
Seriously MEND was wrong
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
shabbie:

How do u explain this to the OPC boys (barely literate), they have taken this as a slap on their face, an attack in their backyard and they are gathering for repraisal
Seriously MEND was wrong

Who says they have taken this as 'a slap on their face'? Who says they are gathering for 'repraisal'?

How many of them even know what was attacked since they are 'barely literate'? Who are they gathering to attack in reprisal? MEND? Do they know where MEND is located? Can they navigate the creeks of the Delta to attack?

Do you even know if the individuals killed were of Yoruba origin or from elsewhere?

Let them gather for reprisal if they want - the hoodlums will simply be annihilated by MEND.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by SamMilla1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2009
MEND just proved that they can also take the fight far away from N/delta.

I dont see them stopping anytime soon since what the stupid politicians in Abujah will do is to send more JTF down to N/delta instead of facing the fact that these people are being cheated.

It is true that Nigeria is one country.
I agree and i believe we can become greater if we get united and work together.
But as it stands now, some people up north believe that they were born to rule.
And yet their barren land brings nothing to the table for the Federal Govt except onions and groundnut.
Yet they were born to rule. well its time to rule onions and groundnuts.
They live in past glories as if 1960 is 2009.
People are getting wiser everyday.
It's a shame that there is no more Abacha to order killings of prominent Niger-Delta citizens.
The big picture is coming and trust me when i tell you that Aso Rock is not safe too.

I am still very furiuos as to why Govt should cut education funds and health Funds to build Abuja Roads.
I remember it was the -10000 man march in Abuja organized by Abacha and his group that gave birth to MEND.

People from Niger Delta who went to the March saw what oil money was doing in Abuja
While nothing was being done where the oil comes from.
The last time i went to Eleme in Rivers state, the only significant structure i can remember seeing was a tall flame discharge pole and armed soldiers. While Abuja is being transformed into a modern City.

I will support MEND and every other group that fights for their rights in the British trap called Nigeria.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by SamMilla1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2009
shabbie:

Seriously MEND was wrong

Dont be blinded by hatred and tribalism.
Those who attacked the atlas cove are fighting for a cause.
Some people from Yoruba could have been among them.
Not to destroy Yoruba properties but that of the Federal Govt.
Meanwhile dont decieve yourself with OPC and repraisal.
They cant step out of Yorubaland to attack anybody.
MEND has much more sofisticated weapons and
are more determined to deal with anybody that
stands in their way to achieve what they want.
Remember the federal govt released Henry Okah Hours after MEND attacked them.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by felifeli: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2009
I think MEND is the most pathetic group of sociopathic cowards that Nigeria ever threw up. You want to make a statement go to Abuja , not crawl around inside rivers at night exploding knockout.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by deb(m): 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
I think MEND is the most pathetic group of sociopathic cowards that Nigeria ever threw up. You want to make a statement go to Abuja , not crawl around inside rivers at night exploding knockout.

You just stated my mind. You are a hero. Let them go to Kano, Kaduna. Lagosians are peaceful people and are too
busy developing their own state with the various taxes from tax payers.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
becoomrich:

Ow11, igbo man , Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) militant are not that stupid, they would not attack MEND or go to anywhere to attack MEND.  People like you are trying to create confusion to make OPC to fight MEND. it would not happen. Dont waste your time.

I think you missed my post. How did you guess I was Igbo? Maybe I am even Efik or Tiv? Did that ever occur to you?

felifeli:

Knockouts that have killed 11 people!  shocked shocked The FG should take care of its people and stop playing chess with our lives!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by freezy(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2009
felifeli:

Meeen, you said it all. Mos def, flesh and blood did not reveal that to you. Musta been from the Spirit!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Refusal To Respect Single-term Agreement Caused Pdp’s Defeat – Gov. Aliyu / Abubakar Nadada, Soldier Killed By Boko Haram On Sunday (Photos) / Osinbajo And APC Governors Land In Kebbi For Policy Synergy Parley (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.