Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,147 members, 7,896,897 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 01:21 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24768 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2009
All this wasting of lives because of some deposit of hydrocarbons thousand of years ago!.

Oil is a CURSE!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by russellino: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2009
This attack has proved that NO part of this country is safe anymore. The government is going to have a hard time this time because who and where are they going to send troops and bombers to. It is a shame that our rulers still dont have the good sense to nip a problem in the bud before it gets out of hand. I pray it ends here because it is a symbolic victory for these guys and they are going to be encouraged by its success to try again elsewhere
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by felifeli: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
russellino:

This attack has proved that NO part of this country is safe anymore. The government is going to have a hard time this time because who and where are they going to send troops and bombers to. It is a shame that our rulers still dont have the good sense to nip a problem in the bud before it gets out of hand. I pray it ends here because[b] it is a symbolic victory for these guy[/b]s and they are going to be encouraged by its success to try again elsewhere

Symbolic victory my ass !! Armed robbers in Lagos have had more "symbolic" victories and never pretended their mission. MEND is extremely worse - rape, murder, kidnapping , extortion, looting, terrorism, etc. Is this the stuff that true freedom fighters are made of ? And to add to their idiocy , they quote bible alongside to justify their heinous actions. Who does not know that the ring leaders are in the pocket of the government and the drug crazed lunatics who go around throwing dynamite are only doing so to get noticed and also included in the payroll ? If any of you is fooled that they are interested in "liberating their communities" you deserve pity of the lowest kind. Let's stop celebrating criminals .
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
MEND stopped the pathetic import of fuel by the country with the 5th largest oil reserves in the World.

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2009
God have mercy shocked

MEND!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Mowire: 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
White flag up.
I was wrong  embarassed

My opinion: THIS IS SCANDALOUS!!!!

IF THIS GOVT CANNOT SECURE FACILITIES IN LAGOS FROM MILITANTS OPERATING FROM N/DELTA HOW CAN WE FEEL SECURE FROM EXTERNAL AGGRESSION. GOD.

MEND you guys have to watch your advances cos if it comes inland the effect will be devastating on the innocent N/Delta community in Lagos. I sincerly don't pray for a repeat of what has happened b4.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2009
Mowire:

White flag up.
I was wrong embarassed

IF THIS GOVT CANNOT SECURE FACILITIES IN LAGOS FROM MILITANTS OPERATING FROM N/DELTA HOW CAN WE FEEL SECURE FROM EXTERNAL AGGRESSION. GOD.

MEND you guys have to watch your advances cos if it comes inland the effect will be devastating on the innocent N/Delta community in Lagos. I sincerly don't pray for a repeat of what has happened b4.

What will happen to them?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
Mowire:

White flag up.
I was wrong embarassed

All these government officials!! Una don dey fear grin grin grin
You remember the Ogboru coup by Delta people and your yansh don begin leak. Chai!!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
Money chopping from importing fuel by a major oil producing country was stopped yesterday by MEND.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by russellino: 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ feli feli

obviously these guys are fighting for their godfathers in high places but this attack had no pecuniary gain thus its symbolic nature. why would strike at a target hundreds of miles from home if not to score points of a different kind and make no mistake because they have bro. why cant the government unmask the people supporting these guys since they obviously know who they are abi. This thing has gone beyond labelling them thieves and all that, they are organised and THINK they have a cause to fight.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ubine(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2009
This government people should not worry it is obvious that the Mililtary will take over the government soon because all this problem: Oil wells, Different sectors on strike, Millitancy in Niger delta, economic meltdown, MEND etc. CALLS  for a state of emergency in this country.

some people say its only God that can save this country but they forgot that God can not come down and save this country rather he will use same human, same Nigerians for the CHANGE. surely this country will change shocked
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
According to intelligence report the men first assembled  in EPE , a town situated on river bank about fifty kilometers from Lagos.[size=14pt]They had consultations with some groups presumably their kiths and kins, the Ijaws and carried out reconnaissance of Lagos waterways[/size].

hmmm

I think other tribes are also feeding them intelligence, including some Yorubas.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ubine(m): 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2009
Please come to think of it what is MEND.Almost everybody has used that word without letting use really letting use know what the word mean thier mission etc. please let me know is it another form of militants?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by HajiaTanko: 3:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
As I once opined, no matter how much military interventions are chastised, the trail of bombings by MEND are only testament to what thieves-gone-wild can do if not contained.

Only a thief sees justice in holding innocent folks ransome while splurging and take trips overseas.

Only a thief sees justice in raping women in thier community due to neglect in the ND region.

We have all seen, heard or read the factual accounts of these attrocities on innocent civilians (which by all benchmarks of rational reasoning could be you tommorrow) abeilt utilizing the neglect card in the ND region as the drive for these acts.

What is Ibori doing about the development in the ND region---do you know much he smiles when he checks his bank account or the number of expensive cars and properties he has in the U.K? What about Alams?

Now thieves like Tompolo and Jomo wants to follow suit-----killing and raping for justice.

Definitely, the sniper who places a bullet on Jomo head wins my commendation.

3 Gbosa for the capture of Tompolo----maybe this time dressed in drag like Alams-----FOOLS!!!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
ubine:

Please come to think of it what is MEND.Almost everybody has used that word without letting use really letting use know what the word mean thier mission etc. please let me know is it another form of militants?

MEND is the Worlds first Open Source resistance force; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_for_the_Emancipation_of_the_Niger_Delta
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
its sad that the actions of a few will stain the reputation of a majority.

I dont know why in Nigeria, people like to bring damage on their entire tribe in the name of a "cause".
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by naijaking1: 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
HajiaTanko:

As I once opined, no matter how much military interventions are chastised the trail of bombings by MEND are only testament to what thieves-gone-wild can do if not contained.

Only a thief sees justice in holding innocent folks ransome while splurging and take trips overseas.

Only a thief sees justice in raping women in thier community due to neglect in the ND region.

We have all seen, heard or read the factual accounts of these attrocities on innocent civilians (which by all benchmarks of rational reasoning could be you tommorrow) abeilt utilizing the neglect card in the ND region as the drive for these acts.

What is Ibori doing about the development in the ND region---do you know much he smiles when he checks his bank account or the number of expensive cars and properties he has in the U.K? What about Alams?

Now thieves like Tompolo and Jomo wants to follow suit-----killing and raping for justice.

Definitely, the sniper who places a bullet on Jomo head wins my commendation.

3 Gbosa for the capture of Tompolo----maybe this time dressed in drag like Alams-----FOOLS!!!

Beautiful essays and prose, but the only problem my dear is that you're limiting your recommendation to Niger-Delta only. ND is only a small part of a national rotten egg we call Nigeria. If you don't step back, take a historic, cultural, and political view about the whole situation, I'm afraid you're superb mastery of writting skills will simply be wasted on the wrong side of reason.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

I dont know why in Nigeria, people like to bring damage on their entire tribe in the name of a "cause".

You people sit down here and make noise about corruption. When people take action, you atart seeing "tribe".

Ethnocentric cowardice.

I wonder how else the nation can be cleaned up? By empty talk? Or typing insults like "yarafool" (as if we some people have no fathers).

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2009
Beaf:

You people sit down here and make noise about corruption. When people take action, you atart seeing "tribe".

Ethnocentric cowardice.

I wonder how else the nation can be cleaned up? By empty talk? Or typing insults like "yarafool" (as if we some people have no fathers).

ok!

Knock yourself out while you're at it.

what's with your photo? What are you trying to prove?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
All those calling for MEND's demise fail to see the big picture or are somewhat comfortable with the status quo in our country. Besides, the chaos does indeed benefit a lot of Nigerians especially ones with very little morals.

We all like to sit in the discomfort of our noisy homes to banter about development in the ND and when the agitation comes close to you, you are all frightened and have brought tribal undertones into the entire matter. Nigerians irrespective of their ethnic group are suffering and are the reasons we are all suffering. We need a change and have spoken for 39 years, Isn't it time we tried another means? We are already in a mess and the only people worried are those whose 'fake' comfort will be disturbed by this struggle to emancipate the poor in our land.

All Nigerians whose rights have been trampled upon should join MEND and demand accountability from our leaders. It is then and only then, that development we pay so much money and face numerous airport checks to go and see will become ours.

tpia.:

That wouldn't be the case if people like you saw people as human beings rather than members of an ethnic group that you may or may not belong to.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
ow11:

That wouldn't be the case if people like you saw people as human beings rather than members of an ethnic group that you may or may not belong to.

I'm the one forcing people to be tribal?

naijas and excuses!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

I'm the one forcing people to be tribal?

naijas and excuses!

No you're not. But your statements will buttress people's mindset. Racism wasn't relegated to the background in the US and Europe by inciting it or doing nothing about other people's actions.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
ow11:

No you're not. But your statements will buttress people's mindset. Racism wasn't relegated to the background in the US and Europe by inciting it or doing nothing about other people's actions.

thank you!

I'm the one responsible for tribalism on Nairaland and Nigeria in general.

Na me oh. wink I incite tribalism here.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

thank you!

I'm the one responsible for tribalism on Nairaland and Nigeria in general.

Na me oh. wink I incite tribalism here.

Since you have decided to take the path of sarcasm, I leave you to your whims.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
becoomrich:

Ow11, igbo man , Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) militant are not that stupid, they would not attack MEND or go to anywhere to attack MEND.  People like you are trying to create confusion to make OPC to fight MEND. it would not happen. Dont waste your time.

akigbemaru, no, noone is support violent but MEND does not have many option at the moment. MEND has to take over Yorubaland, if they have to force the govt of nigeria to its feet and send signal to anyone who does not want to join the republic of Benin. his or house or family would be next.

the reason I think they may be doing it. Without the yorubas standing up to fight. the task to leave nigeria is difficult.

You see the yorubas tend to be passive, and when you look at call for  biafra  or niger delta countries , this calls are not possible or difficult because of problem even biafra faced in the international communities during the civil war.

1. Getting international recognition is one difficult that would be faced. less than 10 countries recoginzed biafra. But when it comes to Benin republic , we already have over 200 countries which recorgnized Benin republic.

2. Passport. Biafra  passport is worthless in the international communities, immigration would arrest you, but the Republic of Benin passport is recorgnied all over the world.

3. The capital of the Republic of Benin is a Yorubas town. Port Novo, so we do not have any problem with administration.

4. Biafra currency was worthless in the international communities. Noone wanted to accept biafra currency.  Benin republic currency is used in 14 countries in west africa.

5. Weapon or military supply, Biafra found it hard to buy weapon from the international community. Benin republic can get weapon and military supply from any countries in the world.

6. Embassy: Biafra embassy were not allowed in some countries. Benin republic embassy are accepted in 200 countries in the world.

7.  United Nation: Biafra found it difficult to have a seat at the united nation, Benin republic already have a seat in the United nation.

So you can see why MEND is trying to take over Yorubaland, for seperation, they are sending signal to any politician or God father who thinks he is god in Yorubaland that he think he would stop the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state join the republic of Benin.

You see the call for Odua, biafra or Niger delta would face too many problem. That is why joining the republic of Benin is the only possible option. Even the capital of Benin republic is a Yoruba city with a Yoruba king (oba). This is the only option. This is what lawyer who have worked on files with the united nation have told me. Unification is 100% possible.

Everything is not about tribes and maps
what is even wrong with you?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

ok!

Knock yourself out while you're at it.

what's with your photo? What are you trying to prove?

You can't see whats wrong with that photo? Jesus!

Poems, artworks, novels and plays can be based on that photo. I'm posting it again, just to make you think.

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2009
I agree with what you said ow11

It's so simple to say 'other tribes' are giving them information. How can you tell if anyone here is acting on TRIBAL motive? If your land is destroyed by pollution, are you being TRIBAL by asking for a better deal?  

By emphasizing on the 'tribal information' included in the yet to be verified 'confirmation', you are indirectly fanning tribal flames here tpia, whether you like it or not, by focusing on who might have informed them as if that was done on the basis of tribe.

Again, I don't expect a different approach from you, your view on tribes is clear from previous interactions.

People's homes are burning and getting destroyed and some are hell bent on turning it into a tribal matter -very unsurprising.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
ow11:

Since you have decided to take the path of sarcasm, I leave you to your whims.

as you please.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Ibeme: 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

Sorry love. . . . actions of the few are supported by the majority. . . . therefore you need no veil to hide behind when condemning us in totality. . . . just dont forget to condemn all our Igbo and Yoruba brothers who support the actions of the few as well!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

I agree with what you said ow11

It's so simple to say 'other tribes' are giving them information. How can you tell if anyone here is acting on TRIBAL motive? If your land is destroyed by pollution, are you being TRIBAL by asking for a better deal?

By emphasizing on the 'tribal information' included in the yet to be verified 'confirmation', you are indirectly fanning tribal flames here tpia, whether you like it or not, by focusing on who might have informed them as if that was done on the basis of tribe.
Again, I don't expect a different approach from you, your view on tribes is clear from previous interactions.

People's homes are burning and getting destroyed and some are hell bent on turning it into a tribal matter -very unsurprising.

Gbam!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by kathyekiti: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2009
For all the warmongers out there, Commander Awe is my cousin.  Please feel free to contact me so you can tell his three children why it is a good thing that their father is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ibeme:

Sorry love. . . . actions of the few are supported by the majority. . . . therefore you need no veil to hide behind when condemning us in totality. . . . just dont forget to condemn all our Igbo and Yoruba brothers who support the actions of the few as well!

Ibime dem don ban u  shocked  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Accidental Discharge Kills 2 Soldiers During Training / Obahiagbon On Ameachi And Jonathan Political Tussle / OMG! Okorocha Is Evil - By Morakinyo Olugbiji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.