Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,157 members, 7,896,927 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 03:14 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24773 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2009
Iyke-D:

Where have you been, did you miss all the bombings being carried out by MEND or by JTF in past several years
in the Niger Delta?

If they hit PH refinery, will you feel any better? Will that not affect the South West region as well?  Lets just say
they are warming up - first they were ignored, laughed at, and now about to be taken serious. Hopefully, the
stupid people leading the country may take notice and act fast.

To those wanting to turn this into an ethnic affair, I am yet to find any ethnic group in Nigeria that do not love
money. If MEND is able to find money to purchase arms, I am sure they have enough to buy information from any
part of the country from any ethnic group.  The party is just getting started unfortunately.

How is this different from what happened in 1966 when Soldiers killed politicians from a particular ethnic group and claiming that they were the corrupt ones.

And when was the last time fuel refined from PH or Warri was channelled to the South west?

It is funny people keep forgetting that Yorubas also have a clan who understands the creeks better than the Ijaws. . we will remind them that no ethnic group can monopolise violence.

agabaI23:

Nues

The last time I checked, south east hasd no pipeline supply except it has been repair.

There is nothing to blow up anyway  and I think they have been blowing up loads of blowables in the South south.

I'm quite aware of that Agaba and that just because of the depth of south east territorial waters. But what of the system 2EX and system 2CX that serves the South East? Are those dynamites-proof?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Egwuofor: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
no mind the idiot.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
nues aweso:

How is this different from what happened in 1966 when Soldiers killed politicians from a particular ethnic group and claiming that they were the corrupt ones.

And when was the last time fuel refined from PH or Warri was channelled to the South west?

It is funny people keep forgetting that Yorubas also have a clan who understands the creeks better than the Ijaws. . we will remind them that no ethnic group can monopolise violence.

I'm quite aware of that Agaba and that just because of the depth of south east territorial waters. But what of the system 2EX and system 2CX that serves the South East? Are those dynamites-proof?

It is different because MEND attacked the FG facilities in their homeland first. Besides system 2E does not only include SW Nigeria. Since you are hell bent on insisting that this sabotage is mainly a tribal matter, it would be futile trying to convince you otherwise.

While you hold strongly to your divisive opinions and seething rage for an inferred enemy, MEND will continue to march on and destroy until the real enemies run away from the positions they sit and exchange our future for exotic homes in Mayfair, Longbeach and Nice.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by SamMilla1(m): 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2009
ok, I dont know why Nigerians always like to cry over every little thing as if they're entitled to some great big pie in the sky which "their govt" is denying them.

There are billions of people in the world- check your statistics- how many are living in the comfort of the first world?

Is Nigeria the only place where you have poor people? What is wrong with you and others like you?  Go to Asia and check the living conditions of the majority there. In the US and Europe, you still have people living in abject poverty- because they dont make the headlines doesnt mean they're not there. Likewise the middle east.

Just because you Nigerians go to other countries and join the middle class either through work, drug dealing or credit card fraud, doesnt mean you should incessantly start criticizing every single thing you see in Africa without engaging your brains.

Being poor isnt a crime. Being ashamed of your roots and trying to cover up by pointing fingers at the poverty rampant in Africa, doesnt promote you in any way, and neither does it elevate you in the eyes of the people you're trying to impress.

Learn to like your roots, warts and all, and then you'll get the respect you crave for. By liking your roots I dont mean tribal hogwash!

@tpia

Nigeria is not the only country with poor people but
Nigeria have enough Resources both Human and natural
To lift the nation out of poverty in just 2 years of democratic government.

How do you define a situation where 98% of our richest people are past government officials.
yet they live amongst us.
how do you define a situation where the whole past presidents of a nation wants to come back to the seat , years after they left?
How do you send messages to them if not by blowing up few of their interests.

Let us not forget that Ghana is what it is today because J.J.R eliminated a certain generation of leaders with the same ideology and intentions our Nigerian leaders have now.

In his statement in Ghana, Barack Obama said that it is the responsibility of the Youths to hold their leaders accountable for their misdeeds.
How do you do that in Nigeria where the leaders barricade their houses and themselves with Military men and Guns.
It is very easy for those outside Nigeria to relax in their sitting rooms and analyse the problems facing Nigeria without much regard to what people down there are seeing on daily basis.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2009
nues aweso:

Do the f.ucking refineries in Warri and PH even work? No! They're just symbols of failure; which have resulted in "lovers of Nigeria" building deports to import fuel whereas we are a major oil producing country.
Whats the point in bombing skeletons?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by shoboy9: 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2009
Very Unfortunate.
Mend obviously considers Lagos a 'soft target".
so we may expect more attacks in future.
Unless they are "taught a lesson".
in other words, effective deterrent.
But OPC is too disorganised to do anything of such.
So more attacks to come,
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by naijaking1: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
Let the truth be told grin
Everything in Nigeria is mostly about tribe, that's the way it's been from the time of Awo/Zik/Saduana, till this time; haven't you heard about the various meetings to protect the interest of the north? the south west and south east? Everything is about tribe. MEND is about tribe too. If the eastern Nigeria was not seen as being too divided, weak, and disorganized how could people come from the north and the west to rape the environment in the name oil extraction?
It's all about tribe, let's just admit it.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
naijaking1:

Everything in Nigeria is mostly about tribe, that's the way it's been from the time of Awo/Zik/Saduana, till this time; haven't you heard about the various meetings to protect the interest of the north? the south west and south east? Everything is about tribe. MEND is about tribe too. If the eastern Nigeria was not seen as being too divided, weak, and disorganized how could people come from the north and the west to rape the environment in the name oil extraction?
Ok - the attack on Tarkwa Bay that supplies fuel to almost the entire country is based on tribe.

What an insightful revelation.

Let no one be misled - this is an attack on the Nigerian State - solve this issue or NATIONAL Assets will be targeted.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
naijaking1:

There is nothing that can't be changed.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

Ok - the attack on Tarkwa Bay that supplies fuel to almost the entire country is based on tribe.

Let no one be misled - this is an attack on the Nigerian State - solve this issue or NATIONAL Assets will be targeted.

Could you tell me how this supplies fuel to "almost the entire country"? If you are quite familiar with our downstream distribution network, you will withdraw the statement. or may be I'm reading you wrongly
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by DrLorenz1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2009
CGKing:

Oil is not a curse, it is a blessing, after all it is blessing other countries. Why is Nigeria so different. The African way of thinking is THE CURSE.

Meanwhile the world powers are gearing up together in haste to reduce global warming. Key among their agenda is the reduction of the world's dependence on oil. Electric bicycles have been produced. Electric cars are months away from introduction.

Nigeria hasnt begun to feel the bite yet. We will all wake up one day and find that all those hassles over fuel were for nothing. MEND will BEND that day.

grin grin grin grin

When that day come eh, dem go remember am!  grin grin grin

Beaf:

Do the f.ucking refineries in Warri and PH even work? No! They're just symbols of failure; which have resulted in "lovers of Nigeria" building deports to import fuel whereas we are a major oil producing country.
Whats the point in bombing skeletons?

I tire o. Most people are talking about MEND doing what they are doing because they want a better life for "Niger Delta". If one should ask them who are Niger Deltans, they'll tell you that it's the (Ijaws), yet if we're to go geography, the Niger Delta consists of more than 5 states.

While am not entirely saying that they're doing wrong by wanting a better life for themselves, what they're doing is intepreted to be nothing but rebel actions. The money they get from kidnapping, what do they do with it? Do they try to give their people a better life? No. U see them buy expensive cars, build house etc etc.

At the end of the day, they're only fighting for themselves. I tell a friend of mine who's in support of the kidnappings (who also is an Ijaw) that when things become good, they'll start fighting themselves and their 'leaders' then.

And for those of you who are talking about tribal sentiments and all, i don't think it has anything to do with the original post.

shoboy9:

Very Unfortunate.
Mend obviously considers Lagos a 'soft target".
so we may expect more attacks in future.
Unless they are "taught a lesson".
in other words, effective deterrent.
But OPC is too disorganised to do anything of such.
So more attacks to come,

Wat does OPC have to do with this?

naijaking1:

@bolded, MASSOB is about tribe, not MEND. Seems u don't understand acronyms  grin

@nues or is it seun? grin
I don't think he is, that's y i ignored his post. grin grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2009
nues aweso:

Could you tell me how this supplies fuel to "almost the entire country"? If you are quite familiar with our downstream distribution network, you will withdraw the statement. or may be I'm reading you wrongly

It supplies 35% of the fuel used in the nation.
Ignorant people are talking about "tribe" whereas MEND has shown that even Sao Tome and Principe can cripple Nigeria. Because of corrupt politicians.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by naijaking1: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

The chicken or the egg, who's first? No matter how you cut and slice it, we always come back to the primodium---tribe. The issue of national assets was formulated by people from tribes who sought to gain temporary upper-hand on the Igbos, Ijaws, Ibibios, Edo, Efiks of the east. That's what we're talking about here. The federal land policy, the revenue allocation policies are simply smoke coming from the main fire. Nigeria is too scare to look the fire on the face.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
naijaking1:

The chicken or the egg, who's first? No matter how you cut and slice it, we always come back to the primodium---tribe. The issue of national assets was formulated by people from tribes who sought to gain temporary upper-hand on the Igbos, Ijaws, Ibibios, Edo, Efiks of the east. That's what we're talking about here. The federal land policy, the revenue allocation policies are simply smoke coming from the main fire. Nigeria is too scare to look the fire on the face.
I guess the Federal Legislature building was also designed to gain an upper hand on the East, as well as the Customs Service and the Police as National bodies.

I guess we also chose a National Flag and got independence as a country simply to gain upper hand over the East. In fact, the entire purpose of Nigeria is to gain upper hand over the East!!

You are so stuck in your warped theories you can't see wood for trees.

A pipeline supplying fuel to the South East and South West was designed to gain upper hand on the East as well.

Heck the name Nigeria was chosen so as to overtake the East!! Land Use policy is something invented by the government against the East! After all, it only affects them and benefits the other regions solely!!

Your intelligence is way of the charts - honestly it is.

Ibori's stealing is to give other regions advantage over the east, so was Chimaroke's stealing and Andy Uba's stealing - of course it is!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by mafioso(m): 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2009
FORWARD EVER BACKWARD NEVER!!!!! UP MEND, FIRST IS LAGOS THE NEXT WILL BE ASO ROCK 'N ROLL grin

AM REALLY IMPRESSED THEY SAID IT AND THEY DID IT, MEND I LOVE YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by HajiaTanko: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
I see a characteric in MEND which parrellels the respresentives in the ND---never giving a s.hit about the ND but crying foul about allocations for resources.

But not to be sidetracked, it is my personal belief that this same MEND is sponspored by its leaders. The JTF discovery connecting Gov. Uduagan proves that---let's wait the drama will eventually unfold.

Anyway, what is the role of any state representative? A state representive functions to represent his constituency and not his pockets.

Please show me a leader from the ND who has made measurable developments on a state-level in the ND region, who has achieved anything tangible for that community. Yet ND is the richest area of the country----(and Ibori is arguably the richest politician today). Do the maths!

This same formula is exactly the same championed by MEND---crying freedom fighting and in obscurity utilizing ransomes from abduction to fatten thier pockets-----purchasing cars and arms.

Need I point out that Tompolo is not a poor man, neither is Jomo.

Above all, it is overtly hypocritical to apportion blame on the FG (as FG has never withheld monies for ND) while patting direct representives of ND on the back for plundering monies meant for the region.

The arguement that roads are being fixed in ABJ by FG holds no water, when allocations to the ND are being channeled into private investments by your own leaders.  

I suggest you form a soup line to Tompolo's, Jomo's, Uduagan's, Alams's, Ibori's, mansion. Please fight for your right.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 8:44pm On Jul 14, 2009
HajiaTanko:

I see a characteric in MEND which parrellels that by the respresentives in the ND---never giving a s.hit about the ND but crying foul about allocations for resources.

But not to be sidetracked, it is my personal belief that this same MEND is sponspored by its leaders. The JTF discovery connecting Uduagan just proves that---let's wait the drama will eventually unfold.

Anyway, what is the role of any state representative? A state representive functions to represent his constituency and not his pockets.

Please show me a leader from the ND who has made measurable developments on a state-level in the ND region, who has achieved anything tangible for that community. Yet ND is the richest area of the country----(and Ibori is arguably the richest politician today). Do the maths!

This same formula is exactly the same championed by MEND---crying freedom fighting and in obscurity utilizing ransomes from abduction to fatten thier pockets-----purchasing cars and arms.

Need I point out that Tompolo is not a poor man, neither is Jomo.

Above all, it is overtly hypocritical to apportion blame on the FG (as FG has never withheld monies for ND) while patting direct representives of ND on the back for plundering monies meant for the region.

The arguement that roads are being fixed in ABJ by FG holds no water, when allocations to the ND are being channeled into private investments by your own leaders.  

I suggest you form a soup line to Tompolo's, Jomo's, Uduagan's, Alams's, Ibori's, mansion. Please fight for your right.

@Hajia

You don't get it do you? Just get it men. . . .Just get it! It's play-on words. . . . . . It has nothing to do with you being a genius and fish sticks being breaded.

BTW, the emboldened applies to all leaders in Nigeria irrespective of their origins.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by mafioso(m): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
and Ibori is arguably the richest politician today

if he likes let him be the richest man in the whole world that is not the bone of contention here, the oil belongs to the ND and not the whole Nigeria ok?

Imagine Tinubu, Adenuga, Babangida and the rest of them having an Oil well stealing our money and nobody talks, and when this young visioniers burst a pipe and they are caught, sometimes they are killed and you open your mouth and condemn this wondereful thing that they just started don't worry dude, i trust this boys they said it and they did it the next will be Aso Village i Guess, Bleep HAUSA, YORUBA AND BIAFRA

MOVEMENT FOR THE EMANCIPATION OF THE NIGER-DELTA!!!!
                    Aluta Continua!!!!!! cool
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
nuzo:

More like a human waste truck to me. That's the best I can make out of the picture. undecided

human waste because two of the guys are sleeping?

Can someone help me out here because I still fail to see why Beaf, Nuzo and others are calling for war over this photo.

My only conclusion is, based on their responses, they're very unfamiliar with the process of waste management.

This is a garbage disposal truck in a busy lagos area. What exactly is the problem? Spell it out for me, plz.

You feel the boys/waste disposal workers should have a better situation in life, and they're being held back by Nigeria and the govt? We have oil money therefore Nigerians ought to be above this type of work?

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by fayahsoul: 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
Which one una dey yan say FGN no go no where to attack MEND from, MEND is comprised mostly of ijaw youth and they assert that it is strickly an ijaw movement. So if FGN wan engage them, best believe they will head to ijaw native land.

If MEND wants to elude any targeted attacks by the FGN in their region then they have to incorporate other groups into the movement and even change the name. And recriuting other groups won't be a problem becos MEND has a lot of supporters. . .a privilege that biafrans of 1967 did not have.

I do not support any MEND activity outside ijaw native land because what other groups who don't share similar goals do in their native land is not MEND'S business. Their primary concern should be about eliminating the selfish and corrupt ijaw elites, shuting down all oil and gas extraction, exploration and exploitation in ijaw land, cleaning up the environs and join other groups in the s/s and s/e to call for a referendum to seceed. If the call falls on deaf ears then these groups should declare it unanimously without the consent of the FGN. Let me see how FGN will win a war against a strongly allied s/s and s/e.

However, if MEND/ijaws don't want secession but rather a so-called "true federation" where they get 100% resource control, then they can destroy oil facilities in ijaw land to compel negotiation with FGN. But if they destroy all the facilities in ijaw land and the FGN still doesn't give in then they have to use nonviolent means and not going to other peoples land to destroy stuff.

This "one nigeria experiment" na by force?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by kelewa: 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
A little history:

"A British consulate for the Bights of Benin and Biafra was established in 1849 on the off-shore Spanish island of Fernando Po. In 1853 the appointment was divided with a consul for the Bight of Benin at Lagos. The consulate for the Bight of Biafra was transferred to Old Calabar in 1852.

"A British protectorate was proclaimed over the coastal area, [size=14pt]with the exceptions of the colony of Lagos [/size] and the centre of the Niger delta, on 5 June 1885. It was not, however, until July 1891 that steps were taken to set up an administration with the consul-general at Old Calabar and vice-consuls at some of the river ports.
"The consulate-general at Old Calabar and the vice-consulates at Benin, Bonny, Brass, Forcados, and Opobo acted as collection and distribution centres for mail from November 1891, but were not recognized as post offices until 20 July 1892."

http://www.stampwhiz.com/080293.html

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by kelewa: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2009

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by savanaha: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
kelewa:

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
Oil rivers = Niger delta

Lagos = Lagos.

154 years ago.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by blackspade(m): 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2009
Unbelievable! shocked

I'm not going to read back 14 pages, so does anyone want to give me some cliffs? or has this thread already turned into a tribalistic mosh pit? undecided
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by SapeleGuy: 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2009
HajiaTanko:

Please show me a leader from the ND who has made measurable developments on a state-level in the ND region, who has achieved anything tangible for that community.

You may not know our history but we do.

Jaja of Opobo, King Dappa Pepple (Perekule) of Bonny, leaders and masses of the brave city-state of Nembe, King Ossai of Aboh, Nana Olomu and Alfred Rewane of Itsekiri, King Oghwe, Oshue, Mukoro Mowoe, Festus Okotie-Eboh, Samuel Mariere and Thompson Salubi of Urhobo, Udo Udoma of Ibibio, Dr. Okoi Arikpo of Ogoja, Ambakederemo and Wenike Briggs of Ijaw, Dennis Osadebay of Asaba, Oba Ovonramwen, Oba Akenzua II and Humphrey Omo-Osagie of Benin, Michael Imoudu of Ora, Oba Momodu of Auchi and Anthony Enahoro of Esan (Ishan), Adaka Boro, Ken Saro- Wiwa, Ibru, Donald Duke and Onanefe Ibori (for championing resource control) and many more.

The struggle continues.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ibori?

I guess you get leaders you deserve.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by mafioso(m): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2009
@SapeleGuy

Thank you for enlightening these Hausa and Yoruba Parasites, Please what does it take to be a Militant?? i will soon be back in the Country because it's a shame if all this are happening and i am not involved in it

any info please? on how to be a Militant or sorry Millitancy grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2009
@SapeleGuy

Get Ibori and Duke off that list. Those thieving pests. . .
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by SamMilla1(m): 9:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
ow11:

@SapeleGuy

Get Ibori and Duke off that list. Those thieving pests. . .

It may not be the Ibori you think
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Abagworo(m): 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2009
Why should people whose land produces the country's crude oil travel to lagos with trucks to load petroleum products?every oil installation should be somewhere between warri and ikot-abasi and terminates inland around njaba basin.let the others come here and buy.AGAIN WHY CANT TOTAL RESOURCE CONTROL BE GRANTED AND FEDERAL ALLOCATION FOR STATES ABOLISHED?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
@debosky.
MEND is playing an incredibly brilliant chess game.
Unfortunately, Nigeria is the first country to face "Open Source" warfare targetted at economic disruption. More here http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2008/06/global-oil-unde.html

The system is being used to eat up itself. MEND has no weapons or army. But they have a just cause.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Amosun's Influence In Buhari's Government Worries South-West APC / Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days / An Asteroid Or Meteor Will Hit The Earth On September 24, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.