Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,821 members, 7,902,615 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:16 PM

2aces's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2aces's Profile / 2aces's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 21 pages)

Politics / Re: The Board Directors Of One Of The Malta Oil Companies Will Shock You..or Not. by 2aces(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26
Nigerian common wealth have been hijacked by a handful of people, plunging the entire nation into stagnation and abject poverty, and some fools here think it's funny and begin to down play everything, shey tomorrow you will start running up and down looking for visa abi, na God go punish you, I hope the protest starts with all foreign embassies in Lagos and Abuja so you can't escape when the ember you are fanning today grows to consume you.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Our Investigation On The Malta NNPC Situation - Anonymous NG by 2aces(m): 8:00pm On Jul 26
The worms have started coming out, we have been living in Nigeria A, blindly ingnorant of the existence of a Nigeria B, where the real shit happens. My father my father

10 Likes

Travel / Re: Life Is Unpredictable (story Of My Life) by 2aces(m): 4:03pm On Jul 26
Selfkontrol:
Good day Nairalanders, last year I made a thread about my confusion relocating abroad or staying back in Nigeria to invest and got different opinions.. https://www.nairaland.com/7724820/relocate-stay-nigeria-serious-dilemma

Some people advised I stay and some insisted I travel (i wished I started making plans to travel then).The country wasn’t that bad as naira was around 700-800/$ and inflation wasn’t this bad.. And also, I was in a better financial standing with properties worth atleast 70m as of then,

Walk with me.

I have been a crypto trader for 7 years and literally made 90% of my money from crypto which set me up. I bought properties worth millions , my car, one for my mom and settled a few persons and finally got married to my longtime GF. I felt untouchable and didn’t for once think things would take a different turn in my life. However, my life took a drastic turn when I lost my daughter shortly after birth. This devastating event sent me into a downward spiral, affecting my mental health and trading decisions that cost me thousands of dollars including my trading capital.
After I lost my trading capital, I was broke with a grieving wife and put my first property for sale.

Sold the property for 16m by then dollar was already 850 and rapidly growing, I removed some money for house upkeep for months and converted the rest to dollar to continue on my crypto trading since that was my only source of income and my area of specialty.
I was grieving and trading (don’t know if it was my coping mechanism). Traded recklessly at the same time having issues in my family cos my mom made serious issues after we lost our baby, all this while I never knew she hated my wife and her family.. she initially told me not to get married to the girl and her family siting so many spiritual reasons but all fell on a deaf ear because I couldn’t imagine my mom making decisions for me or telling me who I should marry or not.. tension grew in the family and at the same time I was fighting for my finances together with dealing with a wife that just lost a child.. terrible period for me.. I was in between the devil and the deep blue Sea.. things didn’t go as planned with my trading and I ended up blowing up that money., and it downed on me that things are getting really serious and I need to face these challenges squarely.

I got broke again and since I’m a family man, I must always provide for my family so I always have to do something.. I contemplated selling my second property worth 30m for weeks before I finally concluded on selling it since I need money for investment or something to plan the money with. That was when I created that thread debating on traveling or staying back in Nigeria.. investing that money in Nigeria was not feasible and making sense to me considering the inflation as naira was almost hitting 900-100/$.
I didn’t know what business to do that won’t make me throw away my money or waste my time. Crypto was still the only business I was good in so I decided to diverse another means so I won’t loose money. I realized over trading was the problem because I was basically looking for a new project to invest in which most of them turned out to be scam.. so I made research on good projects to invest that money on

I found good projects I was confident on. I had everything already figured out. The plan was to invest that money and not trade till the end of 2024/2025 since I sold the property July 2023. I also remember vividly how my wife told me to use part of that money to buy other landed properties but I was adamant and felt I got things figured out already.. so I did exactly as I planed and also moved from that house we were living in to a different place and also started to learn tech. Along the line I got discouraged learning tech and felt I was wasting my time instead of looking for ways to make money. I realized it’s quite difficult for some people that have seen millions of naira to start learning a new skill or going to school.. it’s actually one of the hardest things to do. it takes a different kind of motivation and drive to push urself.

I don’t know how it happened but I found myself going back to trading again, I keep dipping my hands in my long term cryoto investments each time I needed capital to trade since it was taking forever for the coin to grow.. (if I had left what i invested, it would’ve been worth $300k by now with the 25m from my property I sold )

It was really a humbling situation for me. I went from having my life figured out to fighting again for my life… All these period my wife was already pregnant again after she got a miscarriage after loosing our first child. So now I’m not just fighting for myself and wife but a child is in the picture now.. things got worse in the new house we moved to as I kept loosing money on money.. I never had any profitable month in the new house.. I usually have eye for good projects to invest in but I began loosing my confidence and ended my selling so many good projects I invested in before they breakthrough.. I’ve had a case of missing out on a project that would’ve giving me $600k just because I sold it too early. Several other projects too. It was a repetition of circles. It seems I was going round in an unending circles.

I ended up selling another property in my new house worth 20m and also my car worth 11m, it happened like magic and.. I can’t really explained how these things happened but it happened too fast like some kind of evil manipulation or some gambling addiction on crypto.. I wasn’t a careless person, I don’t smoke and don’t drink, don’t womanise either.. so many thoughts ran through my mind even about my mom telling me not to marry my wife because she have had so many bad dreams about the girl and her family, she believes my problems started since I married the girl and she warned me.. God also blessed me with a child as my wife put to birth successfully

I asked my self could it be spiritual or physical? I also come from a relatively poor family that im the only grandchild doing well in the whole family from A-z.. my father died years ago.. my wife’s family is a progressive family that her cousins and direct siblings are in America and Canada so how could what my mom is saying be true. Well I never believed in any of those things right from the beginning but seeing the trajectory of my life in a space of 2 years make me begin to wonder

I already believe it to be my recklessness and probably gambling on crypto hoping to hit it big but on the other hand I’m not a newbie in this biz,, I have been grinding in this for atleast 7 years and got experience in this biz, its seems my years of hard work got wiped in a space of a year +

Now I’ve a property left valued at 18m that’s like a lifeline and already decided I won’t invest in crypto but use that money to travel out,, I’m back to learning the tech skill I have been avoiding for years and pushing myself hard everyday. The aim is to use the rest of the year to improve my skill to a significant level and be good at it by next year

This feels like a learning process and at same time a humbling experience for me, I have been without a vehicle for the past 4 months now.. I’ve made so much in life and almost lost everything even at a young age.. life can be very funny, when I had all the money I lost my child, when God finally blessed me with a child, I’m now fighting for my finances with my rent almost due and waiting for my property to be sold before I balance my rent.

I know i probably would’ve started a physical business in the past but looking at the current situation of Nigeria and inflation hitting ath I doubt my business could’ve survived but still this is a lesson of me putting all my eggs in one basket and still thinking Nigeria has any future. If I probably had travelled years ago when things weren’t this bad in Nigeria and I still had lots of resources, I doubt I would be in this situation..

Selling that land feels right now like I’d be starting life afresh with no property to my name… it hurts me so bad I’m even ashamed to explain this to anyone. Only my wife understands the level of damage that has happened in our lives the past 2 years. I can’t even tell my mom details of all of these.

I’m writing this out there so people can learn one or two from it,, I’d be 32 in few months time and I’m picking up myself by learning a tech skill and relocate from the country. I also plan relocating to Abuja first so I can be close to the embassy as regards to visa interviews runs etc I want to dedicate the next 1 year in traveling runs and perfecting a tech skill I can bank on when I travel. My story is quite deeper than this but I’m not a long writer so I just touched the most important part.

I will probably come back here in a year time or 2 years to write my progress in life . Thanks for reading

I have a multi millionaire crypto trader friend with 100% similar story as yours, he kept on selling priced properties and blowing it until he finally met with me and declared his intentions for partnership in one of my businesses, maybe we should link up when you get to Abuja, there is still more than enough money to be made in this country, all you need is meet the right people willing to give proper guidance on what works best. Sorry for all you had to go through at your age.
Politics / Re: I Can't Wait To Drive Through This— Soludo Reacts To Status Of Ekwulobia Flyover by 2aces(m): 12:05am On Jul 25
The most overrated governor in modern Nigerian politics.

11 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: ‎SOLD by 2aces(m): 12:38am On Jul 24
payaseriy:
The website is in good condition and i can change it to your specifications. I can change the name too and help you do any adjustments to your taste.

If you're interested, please drop your WhatsApp number.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Netflix Founder Sends $7M To Kamala Harris by 2aces(m): 12:35am On Jul 24
Trump won't forgive or forget, he is very similar to Tinubu in that aspect. grin
Politics / Re: Pro Government Solidarity March Gathers Momentum by 2aces(m): 12:19am On Jul 24
In Nigeria, Everything is cash n carry cheesy
Politics / Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by 2aces(m): 1:46pm On Jul 23
mycar:

This makes little sense. i think Dangote should find a way to bring his own price down and the marketers will have no other option than to patronize him. Air peace did that too
The biggest problem Dangote is facing currently is access to raw materials (crude oil), the Nigerian government is not interested in doing business with him and his foreign suppliers have ganged up to frustrate him by hoarding supply at the behest of foreign refiners who sees him as a very big threat to their business.
Reason you see the once quite billionaire shouting all over social media like a content creator, cos every single minute his refinery will be losing millions without production.

1 Like

Politics / Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by 2aces(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23
A good product sells itself

48 Likes 3 Shares

Travel / Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by 2aces(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23
Chekwume16:
Are you sure you know the meaning of emerging city.
Enlighten me sir...
Education / Re: SCHOOL CHILDREN BAGS: WE PRODUCE THEM IN ABA. DISTRIBUTORS & BIG BUYERS WANTED by 2aces(m): 8:24am On Jul 23
Invest more on social campaign, your potential big clients are scrolling through their phones as we speak.
Only if other states can be like Abia, China would be our stepping stone.

Crime / Re: Immigration Officer, Three Others Arrested For Drug Trafficking by 2aces(m): 7:56am On Jul 23
These drug cartels would be a thing of the past if NDLEA and the Nigerian customs are willing to genuinely do their jobs without fear or favor, by going after the real drug barons and baroness that are occupying top government positions in this country, the so called untouchables with immunity, rather than parading their foot soldiers for clout and public accolades.

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: Kamala Harris Secures Votes Needed To Become Democratic Nominee by 2aces(m): 7:44am On Jul 23
It's note worthy to know Trump don't play by the rules, he always comes up with a surprise blow at the last minute, that's how he became president in the first place.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Travel / Re: Global Liveability Index 2024: Lagos Ranked 170 Out Of 173 by 2aces(m): 7:34am On Jul 22
Lagos is still an emerging city, though over populated, but on the right track to excellence.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Politics / Re: Aliko Dangote Offers To Sell 650,000 Bpd Oil Refinery To NNPC by 2aces(m): 9:03pm On Jul 21
This man's problems started the moment he tactically sidelined the in coming president from commissioning his state of the art, game changing refinery, in favour of his kinsman the now former president due to petty sentiment.

Tilubu no dey forgive that kind insult my brother. grin

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Northern Politicians Have Betrayed Southwest by 2aces(m): 10:27pm On Jul 19
flokii:
You're wrong..

Despite Buhari's blunders, Nigerians still supported Tinubu by voting him into power under same APC with the hope that he'll restore things to order.

Nigerians did not vote for Tinubu, popular news reported he bought the seat of power and paid in cash.

10 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Obaseki In Dilemma by 2aces(m): 10:21pm On Jul 19
SadiqBabaSani:
How many months more before he's tenure is done
It's not about the time he has left in office, an impeachment comes with future consequences for his political career.

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Obaseki In Dilemma by 2aces(m): 10:19pm On Jul 19
Somebody playing god thinking the one true God is dead.
Mr Philip has really suffered enough and his sins must be overlooked, non of all these politicians casting stones at him today are innocent.
Politics / Re: Minimum Wage In Dollars Comparison By Different President (photo) by 2aces(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19
SINZU cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Politics / Re: Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu Escapes Assassination Attempt, Police Orderly Killed by 2aces(m): 8:11pm On Jul 18
All states in Nigeria are on fire because of the greed of a handful of men, when will the citizens rise and take back their land and the power that truly belongs to them.

4 Likes

NYSC / Re: Medical Corps Members Receive To Additional ₦‎100,000 Monthly - Father Alia by 2aces(m): 10:37am On Jul 17
Good development

3 Likes

Crime / Re: A Man Was Caught With the Lifeless body of his Mother by 2aces(m): 12:37am On Jul 12
Nigerians are notorious for keeping close relatives with symptoms of insanity at home because of discrimination, most cases usually ends like this.

4 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Joe Biden About To Resign Any Minute Now by 2aces(m): 12:26am On Jul 12
Long overdue, sleepy Joe needs to rest grin
Politics / Re: Ex-Power Minister, Mamman Collapses In Court As Money Laundering Trail Begins by 2aces(m): 11:49pm On Jul 11
maasoap:

I thought his collapse was a drama too until I read how it happened and his refusal for adjournment when the judge asked him if wanted that.
But my observation is that why are they diverting 22 billion naira with all this ill health? Not like he's going to need 22 billion naira for medical fees. You have a poor health and still stealing that huge amount of money!!
It's called impulsive stealing, a derivative of incurable greed and a desire to dominate, you can find traces of it in almost every Nigerian, both dead and alive.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ex-Power Minister, Mamman Collapses In Court As Money Laundering Trail Begins by 2aces(m): 3:20pm On Jul 11
Ask any government official small question and they start convulsing and fainting all over the place, this country is running on auto pilot with zero accountability in all sector.

39 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Tinubu’s Government Set To Borrow A Fresh $2 Billion Crude Oil-backed Loan by 2aces(m): 10:05pm On Jul 09
These guys are acting carelessly as though we have a spare country saved somewhere we can run to when this one gets destroyed eventually, playing useless economics with millions of lives.

Politics / Re: Ugandan Airlines Has Start Flying From London To Entebbe by 2aces(m): 12:33pm On Jul 08
Other African minorities are showing results left and right, while Nigeria air is yet to fly off paper. We are just deceiving ourselves in this country.

Politics / Re: Dangote, Elumelu, Rewane Enlisted As Tinubu Inaugurates Economic Team by 2aces(m): 7:32am On Jul 05
WizardOfNG:

Bro, this is not a discussion jamboree anyone can be included in.

It is a committee tasked wtih brainstorming and coming up with specific specific solutions for the economy meaning members should be acclaimed consultants, industrialists, signifcant private sector bosses etal.

I.e people who have direct and relevant knowledge/experience in sectors that directly boost and grow a nation's economy.

If you want to treat a stubborn ailment, you gather the best medical expert. You dont involve patients who know nothing about medicine and are not trained doctors/researchers.

This is not #EndSARS Sir.
If you like gather the best doctors from all around the world for consultation, but if at least a patient suffering from symptoms of that ailment is not invited for proper diagnosis, how do you know the core cause of the ailment, they have to do the needful or may end up treating symptoms as usual.
Crime / Re: Two Married Female School Workers Are Arrested For Having S3x With Their Student by 2aces(m): 12:52am On Jul 05
Marry from the streets at your own peril, a hoe is just a farm tool.
Romance / Re: Would You Tell Your Friend If Their Partner Is Hitting On You? by 2aces(m): 12:42am On Jul 05
So far they didn't make any advance, just keep cool, physical attraction is a natural human behavior.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Wike Flags Off Reconstruction Of 25km Kwaita Yebu Road In Kwali by 2aces(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04
Nigerian politicians still renting crowd for fake accolades in this age and time is very shameful and laughable to say the least.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 21 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.