Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,187 members, 7,913,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:19 AM

2gd's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2gd's Profile / 2gd's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Business / Re: What Can I Import? by 2gd: 1:48am On Aug 12, 2011
Thanks to everyone.I'll be considering your ideas. The computer sone looks like something one can start with minimal funds
Politics / Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by 2gd: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2011
I have been to the Songai farm in Benin republic and I was very impressed. The guy is very innovative and visionary. Everything on the farm is sustainable. The poultry farms are not made from concrete, but from bamboo planted on the farm. The food used to fish the fish in the huge fish pond( which the guy created because part of the land he got was marshy).the roofs of the snailery and other animal housing are made from palm trees planted on the farm- and also the palm oil is gotten from these trees. They produce eggs, honey, soap and all sorts of things ou can imagine a farm produces- plus more.

When we got there , we were told that they were happy, because waste from the guest house was chanelled towards gas production. in fact at that time, they were just investing in solar energy at that time, I am sure that it would be better now.

I was super impressed when I went there.

The guy explained to us that he first wanted to do it in Nigeria, but no state would give him land as they did not believe in his project. Benin Republic gladly gave him land for free and in return , he trains their local people on different farming techniques for free!

And about the abattoir, it is not pecuilar to PH, Lagos has one f the best abattoirs. I have been to a couple of abattoirs(for IT and also field trips) in the country and I tell you they are a sorry sight. This is a very sore subject for us. The pics you have shown look like most abattoirs I have been to. Take the Ibadan abattoir for instance, or some of the ones in the north.

It is a government problem. Funding may not be released for upgrading the abattoirs and even if they are, the fund s must be enetering people's pockets.

If I begin to tell you the atrocities commited y butchers, you will not eat meat anymore I tell you. smiley
Business / What Can I Import? by 2gd: 4:07am On Jul 13, 2011
Hi, who can give me nice business ideas? What items can one purchase from the US to sell in Naija? I am considering ladies clothes, but do not really have any market for it. I might have about 50, 000 naira to start.

Thanks,
Health / Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by 2gd: 1:55am On Mar 07, 2011
IF it is Parvo your dog had, then you can't really blame the vet. There is no treatment for it per se. One can only support the dog with antibiotics- which don't kill the virus, but prevent other infections from complicating the issue- and intravenous fluids (drip) and hope that the dog survives it.
Health / Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by 2gd: 1:53am On Mar 07, 2011
Oh, ignore my previous post. I did not read thru all the responses to your 1st question.

I just re-read now and found that your dog is dead. You can disinfect the area where the dog used to stay .If you have other dogs, try to get them checked up with a vet and get their vaccinations up to date
Health / Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by 2gd: 1:49am On Mar 07, 2011
Have you ever vaccinated your dog against Parvo viral infection(Vaccine name is DHLPP)?
Politics / Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by 2gd: 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2010
This is not fair!
Innocent lives!!!! I pray the people are caught.

That youtube video is sad.How can anyone make such a video with a hateful message!! And there was a kid in the video smiling, Recrutiting haters young.
May God have mercy on us o, God give us peace.
Travel / Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ benom- wouldnt they wonder why he/she is leaving a job, without a study leave, to go and study abroad? That might sound like he wants to vamoose to greener pastures?
@ all :
I know someone in this situation too.What is the best thing he can say to help the consular understand that he is not an intending immigrant?
Travel / Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ layric- yes there is. The person who told you is telling you the truth.
Education / Stray Dogs by 2gd: 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2010
Hi guys, please does anyone have any pictures of stray dogs in the streets, near people, or refuse heaps or anything.I need to write an assignment and i need pictures.Far from Naija now , so I cant go out and snap for myself.Thanks
Travel / Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 4:51am On Jul 24, 2010
good to hear success stories rolling in. congrats
Food / Re: What Are You Eating/drinking Right Now? by 2gd: 8:59am On Jul 11, 2010
rice and beans
Education / Ekiti Overseas Scholarship by 2gd: 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2010
Hi all.Please does anyone live in Ado Ekiti, I learnt the Ekiti scholarship forms are out.Please can someone collect from the New secretariait in Ado and help us post the forms.

The ekiti website has a problem and I only have the forms for 2008 and I learnt the forms are different now.

I want to apply for the overseas postgraduate scholarship.

Thanks for helping out.
Travel / Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 9:16am On Jun 16, 2010
@ Freeman07.I guess your last post was meant for the God pikin, not 2gd.

wink
Travel / Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
Congrats Freeman 07. Is that your surname? Did you go to covenant?
Travel / Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
2akonamone:
I also am going for an mph.
I also have not been working for a while.since feb sef.
Read my last post.May God grant u favor before the consular officer.Amen

@ nethacker et all abroad. How do you make cheap calls to Nigerian lines ? Is skype pc to phone the cheapest option? Do you know if Zain has roaming facilities.OR MTN or Glo? I really need to keep in touch with someone here and I want to know the options available.Thanks for all ur help.
Travel / Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
MAKE UNA PRAISE THE LORD 4 ME.

I HAVE A TESTIMONY!

Yesterday when I checked my mail around 8pm , I saw that I had been granted an emergency appointment at Abuja slated for 1pm today.
Travelled to ABJ this morning.

Consular(very pleasant man, handsome too  smiley ): Hello
Me: Good morning sir.
Consular: Can I have your documents please?
I hand them to him.

Consular: So why do u want to study this course at the JHU?
Me: Because it's the best school of public health in the US and the best in the world
Consular(cuts me short) Indeed it is.It's a good school.
Can I have your transcripts and GRE scores?(He looks through them, Makes some comments on the areas where I had high scores,asked what my  undergraduate project was in. He asked for the hypothesis)
How many years did you spend in school.
Me: I spent 7 years for a 6 year course because of ASUU strikes
Consular: What causes these strikes?It's really a shame that you have this in your educational system
Me: ASUU strikes are usually caused by a misunderstanding between the Federal Govt and ASUU. Not paying the right salaries or the govt  not funding education like they should.

Consular:So it's a problem with who pays the bills.
Me:Yes

Consular: Have u finished your undergraduate education?(Note this is a psychological question to see if I was lying.The guy was holding my transcripts in his hand.)

Consular: You've been refused a visa before? In 2008?
Me: Yes.

Consular: You have any siblings in the US?
Me: Yes.
Consular:Where are they and what are they doing? bla bla
Me: I told him.

Consular:Are you going to see one of your siblings once u arrive in the USA?
ME:No , I am going straight to school.

Consular: So they may come and visit  you instead?
Me: Yes,most likely.

Consular: What are you doing now?
Me: Nothing. I am not working(now this is a very risky thing to say.)

Consular: Where were you working before and what were you doing?
Me: I told him.

Consular:Why did you leave?
Me:Jos crisis

Consular: What are you gonna do after the program.
Me: I could work with the ministry of health, or the ministry of agriculture.Or NAFDAC.

Consular: Is rabies a problem here in Nigeria?They usually tell  our people who want to come here, to be very careful .
Me: Yes it is

Consular: But I have not seen any case of rabies
Me: I have .I have been exposed to a rabid's dog 's saliva before and had to take post exposure prophylaxis

Consular(smiling): I hope they didnt give it to you straight to your heart(gesturing with his hands)
Mesad I laughed)
Consular: I prefer the ones they give here(pointing to his arm)

Consular: So why are u as a veterinarian trying to study public health which is more about policy .bla bla,
Me: Public health is a very broad field.It accommodates people from different professions.Besides animal health is linked to human health.There are diseases that are transmitted between animals and man and vice versa.They are called zoonoses.(At this point I stopped talking because the guy wasnt even looking at me anymore.He was furiously typing away into his computer.)

SILENCE, more typing
SILENCE.more typing

At a point I began to wonder whether he wasn't just acting for me, The typing was just too fast and furious to be real, Maybe he was trying to decide whther to give me or not

Consular: I will give you your visa.Come collect on Monday.
He hands over all my docs to me.

SHIKENA
.God be praised

I am so grateful to God.I had less than 24 hrs notice and I had to travel from d southwest to ABj.I slept only 2 hrs yestrday.Was worried/trying to prepare for the interview.

He didnt even ask for my financial docs.
He only asked for the passport, i20, gre and transcripts.

God be praised.

Lesson learned:
1Trust God, it's not about the number of documents u carry.It's favor.
2 Be truthful.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Us Visa Appointment by 2gd: 1:13am On Jun 08, 2010
Thanks
Travel / Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 1:34am On Jun 02, 2010
got it,
Travel / Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 1:08am On Jun 02, 2010
nethacker:

it depends on the location but if na lag, 1pm is the earliest u can leave

lol
Food / Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by 2gd: 1:52am On May 29, 2010
This is one of the most entertaining threads I have read.It should be on the front page.
Travel / Re: Us Visa Appointment by 2gd: 4:20am On May 28, 2010
Do you know when they open and close the slots?
Religion / Re: Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? by 2gd: 6:58pm On May 25, 2010
emvick:

the canal mind never understand the things of the spirit.
genetic mutation or not--abnormal formation or what u call it.

or who can explain this story to the house,

Its strange and confusing, chick with 4 limbs, nna na wao!
are there other chick with same posture among the hatched eggs  or this 1only.
the farmer should be asked some questions concerning the chick,

keep your finger crossed and watch out for more tori!!!!!!

OH PULEEZEEEEEEEEE!
@ WHO CAN EXPLAIN THIS STORY, I can. It's a developmental anomaly.You can choose to believe it.You can choose not to.I really don't care.
If you want a more detailed explanation, google polymelia in animals.Hopefully, you should be able to get lots and lots of pics of animals in different parts of d world with that condition.You should also get detailed explanations of polymelia if you are really interested in the scientific explanation.
Just because you were not taught in school doesnt mean these things dont exist.I was taught in school. In one of my 300level courses.
Politics / Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by 2gd: 10:11am On May 25, 2010
@ astuto: you made very good points.
I hope they can do that sha.
Religion / Re: Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? by 2gd: 9:49am On May 25, 2010
lol, we should be thankful they didnt kill the guy sef, In those days ,twins were killed in this country.Thank God for Mary Slessor who gave us some LITERACY! LOL.
Politics / Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by 2gd: 9:13am On May 25, 2010
For those of us who have experienced religious crisis in d north, and who know that most of the mercenaries are from neighboring countries, we should start praying that these 'hungry people' are not actually a 'trojan horse', cos I no fit shout .

One should also hope that after they 'settle down' here, they wont become one of 'those people'

But really, our borders should be better than this na?
Religion / Re: Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? by 2gd: 9:00am On May 25, 2010
Hi all.I did an undergrad course in embryology(study of the fetal development) of animals.
What you see in d pic is an developmental defect called POLYMELIA. There are so many defects that occur during fetal/embryo development in animals(and humans too).This is just one of them.
I doubt that the four legged chicken is a direct result of' JAZZ'.
I feel sorry for the poor farm owner who was thrown out by his illiterate neighbors.
May God help us in this country and save us from illiteracy!

If you want to find out more, you could search it on the web, There are lots and lots of embryological  defects you wont even begin to imagine!
Travel / Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 9:15pm On May 18, 2010
@ Kenzema, I applied to 5 grad schools, and each for each one I had to pay money to submit the online application.I think some schools collect an application fee, some do not.
Travel / Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 10:08pm On May 17, 2010
@ jor -el : i will not reply your comments because I have a feeling you are being intentionally obtuse, No insults intended
Travel / Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 10:05pm On May 17, 2010
Plus I forgot to add: there are speculations that one of his competitors tipped the customs guys to do that to him.Imagine a scenario where the poor guy paid customs more than his competitor paid them.He wouldn't have this problem now.

I will not stand for corruption , bribery ,etc . But the way things are in this country, let's not lie to ourselves, it will take years before things can be normal.

I used to look at Nigeria through rose colored glasses and had great dreams of changing the country.Now I must confess the whole tin don tire me, I can only be praying.I wont do evil stuff , or partake in these things, but my level of interest in causing change have dwindled, I HAVE SEEN REAL SCENARIOS HAPPEN BEFORE MY EYES. Frustrating things, things one has no power over, God will help us sha.I will continue to pray.We need courageous and motivated leaders to bring about change, those who are not afraid to die for the good cause.Me, I'll just watch from afar and be praying for them.
Travel / Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 9:56pm On May 17, 2010
@ all, thanks for all d concern , I'll keep everyone posted when I get my passport. smiley

PLUS, let's fight corruption, !(not just with prayers, please let the bold ones walk into offices of 'the corrupt' and let our views be known, just as we make our views known on nairaland, surely, that will make a difference , hmmmm).LET us refuse to take buses/cabs where drivers pay the policemen 'for nothing'.

Let's also remember that while we want to fight corruption,let's all pray that no one will be put in a position where you'd be put between the devil and d deep blue sea, it is then and only then you will know theory is different from practical, LOL! One good example, Every knowledgeable Nigerian knows that to import things by sea , you will 'drop money' for customs, anyone who tells u they didnt 'pay any fees' while getting their goods is a liar. I personally know of someone who imported tonnes of a perishable good, He refused to pay customs, His goods have been at the port for over 3 months, WORTH MILLIONS OD NAIRA, money he borrowed from d bank,

ANTICORRUPTION GUYS, what is your solution to that, They guy is presently in court now trying to settle the issue, It's been dragging, He's in deep debt now.
Travel / Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 9:38pm On May 17, 2010
@jor-el:
If you'd thoroughly read my post you'd have DISCOVERED that I had applied for a reissue 3 weeks ago, so it's not about trying to do something at the last minute, but about something taking MUCH LONGER than it is NORMALLY supposed to,
Plus if you could apply deductive reasoning to my post, you would know that going to abj isnt the issue,
READ, READ, READ, IT'S GOOD FOR D BODY LOL!!

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.