Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,884 members, 7,980,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 03:58 AM

Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed (13034 Views)

Wike At Christmas Carol, Says He Will Win His Battle / BREAKING: Boko Haram: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again - Daily Post / Scores Feared Dead As Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Sweetnecta: 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2010
kisskriss killed his own argument against Islam by his post #35. If the northern muslims dont think that the southern muslims are muslims, is that not enough evidence that the issue is not islam but ethnicity?

if the people are clicking on I like this button on the jos issue, can you tel me if all muslims are doing it and or if all northern muslims are doing it? I am a muslim from the south and I am not doing it. And I know enough northern muslims who are not doing it.

your hatred as a southern christian matches the worst hatred a northern muslim has in his heart. yet it is the northern muslim I will blame because he should know better. Allah does not permit him, the northern muslim to be unjust, even if he hates the behavior of a person; believer or not.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by koolboi(m): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2010
D civil war was a purely political war it was just coincidental that christians were on d federal side and had to fight,even tho nigeria war against biafra was a selfish one because of d resources in d east.      Muslems like gajigaskiya and shitu on this forum are commendable(u may go back and read their posts) but their type is few.            
udezue:

OnyeNkwu, nwanne u are right. Karma is a big bytch. They had no issue slaughtering and even blowing up fellow christians in tanks back then in the 60s. They worked hand in hand with thei Hausa-Muslim lords so let them get a full taste of their wickedness. Until these ppl or their leaders acknowledge their own wrong and role they played in foisting muslim on themselves they will see no peace. Due to religious sentiment I want to support them but the u remember their dastardly act.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Adamo84(m): 7:32pm On Dec 25, 2010
@krisskis or wat is ur Name?b4 u run ur mouth on Islam nd Muslims,u a xtian or Jew?
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Odunnu: 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2010
What a shame!
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by TheClown: 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2010
ISLAM IS EVIL

MUSLIMS ARE MURDEROUS

THOSE THAT ARE NOT MURDEROUS SUPPORT IT BY DEFENDING IT

THE HADITH IS A BOOK OF WAR AND CARNAGE

FACE IT OR LEAVE IT

NO MUSLIM IS LIBERAL ENOUGH TO FACE THE TRUTH AND SAY IT AS IT IS

THEIR FIRST INSTINCT IS TO DEFEND THE ACTIONS OF THEIR BROTHERS IN DESTRUCTION, SIGHTING RIDICULOUS INSTANCES THAT LEAVES YOU WANDERING.

MUSLIMS ARE HATRED PERSONIFIED, ANYWHERE AND ANY DAY.

THOSE THAT ARE NOT ARE DEFINITELY NOT GOOD MUSLIMS!
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by TheClown: 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2010
SOME IGBO MEN ARE COMPULSIVELY PRIMITIVE AND DAFT

SAYING THIS INCIDENCE IS PAYBACK FOR THE CIVIL WAR!

JUST FOOLISH!

ANYWAY

I KNOW ALOT OF IGBOS MUST HAVE DIED THAT YESTERDAY AND WOULD CONTINUE TO DIE AS LONG AS THIS GOES ON

SO IGBO MEN SINGING SONGS OF VICTORY,

FOR WHO'S CIVIL WAR SINS DID YOUR BRETHREN THAT HAVE BEEN DIEING IN THE HANDS OF NORTHERN MUSLIMS DIE?

WELL, SOME OF YOU ARE EVEN CANNIBALS SO YOUR JOY IS QUITE UNDERSTOOD.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Fimmy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
@KISSKRIS,pls take it easy.
I wonder why people concluded that there was done by muslims.real muslims are not violent,they live in peace as the religion preached.people keep screaming jihad jihad,i bet most people here dont even know the meaning me jihad.let us all  pray for those that died,may they rest in peace(ameen).
@the clown,u urself called urself a clown,dont say things that u dont know,u re educated i guess,pls tell me where in the Qur'an that violence is accepted,tell me the verse.as u 4 hadith,i bet u dont even know what hadith is.SAY THINGS WITH PROVES LIKE AN EDUCATED PERSON N NOT LIKE A slowpoke
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by roselynbas(f): 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2010
it is just unfortunate this is what those affected had to face this festive season, my prayer is that they make heaven. the people killing all in the name of religion are actually practicing religion which is man-made. god created christianity, if they knew better, they would not under any circumstance kill their fellow man. i pray god opens their hearts to know better and to be christians. god is just telling us to stand in the gap for this killings to stop. remember, one of the reasons the isrealites where being persecuted was for them to return back to the lord. please ask the people of plateau state to return back to god, he will vindicate them and fight for them remember all things worketh together for good, for those who are the called,
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by spearman(m): 8:25pm On Dec 25, 2010
Why is Islam such a rich and fertile source of so much of current human misery in so many geographically noncontiguous corners of the world?

Would the world be a better place if someone had slit Muhammad's throat when he was thirty years old?
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by spearman(m): 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2010
Here is what most Christians are taught, and try to live by:Matthew 5:43-45 (Words of Jesus)

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.

Mohammad teaches:

"Fight those from among the people of the Book, who believe not in ALLAH, nor in the Last Day, nor hold as unlawful what ALLAH and HIS Messenger have declared to be unlawful, nor follow the true religion, until they pay the tax considering it a favour and acknowledge their subjection.

mohammad turned peaceful people into violent people with his religion, Jesus turned violent people into peaceful non-violent people, which would you rather live with?
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Fimmy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2010
@spearman.you claim Islam causes misery in parts of the world,pls can you give an example of such country and tell me how Islam caused misery there.PLS WITH PROVES.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by renewnaija(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2010
The rate at which we are going as a country, we would become the most dangerous terrorist country in Africa because the ethnic & religious crisis is providing a fertile ground for chaos. We might or already have various territorial sects waiting to blow.

The best solution would be simply to divide Nigeria which raises 3 issues:
1. Would the North allow it & concentrate on their neglected resources even though they are landlocked?
2. Will the South esp the Ibos allow other minorities in the South East region survive?
3. How would the unpredictable West behave?

SMH, Oh my Nigeria,
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by texazzpete(m): 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2010
Fimmy:

@KISSKRIS,pls take it easy.
I wonder why people concluded that there was done by muslims.real muslims are not violent,they live in peace as the religion preached.people keep screaming jihad jihad,i bet most people here dont even know the meaning me jihad.let us all  pray for those that died,may they rest in peace(ameen).
@the clown,u urself called urself a clown,dont say things that u dont know,u re educated i guess,pls tell me where in the Qur'an that violence is accepted,tell me the verse.as u 4 hadith,i bet u dont even know what hadith is.SAY THINGS WITH PROVES LIKE AN EDUCATED PERSON N NOT LIKE A not-so-smart person

Until you so-called 'Moderate muslims' take steps to curb the insane violence in your religion, you have no moral standing to criticize people like KISSKRIS who lash out in their grief and anger.
If all the Imams and Islamic leaders were speaking against such nonsense, will such things happen?
Go to the north and see where DVDs and audiotapes from bin Laden, Al Qaeda are being sold to eager muslim youths. You cowards will never say anything then. When these deluded people attack innocent people in the name of Islam, you people will start crawling from the woodwork, insisting that Islam is a 'peaceful religion'.

We live in a 'show me' world. You can't tell people about peace when your brothers are always one heartbeat away from burning churches, beheading entire families and causing mayhem. And if you people can't practice or enforce the peace you preach, then leave people like KISSKRIS alone!
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by spearman(m): 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2010
Fimmy:

@spearman.you claim Islam causes misery in parts of the world,pls can you give an example of such country and tell me how Islam caused misery there.PLS WITH PROVES.

Somalia, Sudan, Egypt{Coptic Christians} Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, India, Nigeria(Hello) when the population of a country becomes significantly Muslim. Violence and agitation will inevitably break out.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by 2gd: 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2010
This is not fair!
Innocent lives!!!! I pray the people are caught.

That youtube video is sad.How can anyone make such a video with a hateful message!! And there was a kid in the video smiling, Recrutiting haters young.
May God have mercy on us o, God give us peace.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Osama10(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2010
2gd:

This is not fair!
Innocent lives!!!! I pray the people are caught.

That youtube video is sad.How can anyone make such a video with a hateful message!! And there was a kid in the video smiling, Recrutiting haters young.
May God have mercy on us o, God give us peace.

Are they ever caught? No.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by spearman(m): 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2010
Islam's Contributions to Peace
"He who fights that Islam should be superior fights in Allah's cause"
Muhammad, prophet of Islam
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by soloqy: 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2010
@ Clown

I like your comment towards the fools who call themselves Biafrans who dont have the decency or reverence to understand that lives have just been lost.

They are fools who dont even know what the Biafran struggle was about. Majority of those fools live abroad and cant even begin to evaluate the issues on ground here.

Idiots who think they only, are Igbos.

children that cause shame for everyone of us
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by djay4: 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2010
Nairalands, u guys argue a lot and that is not good for our country, because these arguments turn us to hate each other. If Love exist within us as Nigerians, Nigeria will be a better place to stay. Let us not generalise issues that all muslims are violent or all christians are violent. The truth is, do we LOVE this country, if yes then we are ready to die for the sake of this country. If Love/honesty exist, then no bloodshed.

No single investigation had come to a conclusion because some people up the ladder of affairs hide the facts. A lot of questions had been asked and answers are yet to be received.

The crises in Jos started in late 50s, the Hausas settlers had and have been looking for Politcal relevance/control in Jos during the era of tin mining. So issue of settler/Indigene need to be look and amendment made. Settlers need to respect their host comunity so that Indigenous culture can be preserve for future generation. Some minority cultures are becoming extinct and the majority are not helping matters rather they want to dominate. Honestly, the senators are not helping to checkmate this trend. Let us save the minority tribes rather than distroy them.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by bankol18(m): 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2010
on the day when we were supposed to celebrate the day of our Lord and savior Jesus in the tune of harmony,peace,and joy;some nefarious bastards had the heart to ruin the day with destruction and tears, i have just onw word let the persecutors of the true followers of christ prepare for the damnation of their accursed souls, a religious crusade to counter the satanic jihad is near, *Peace*
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by ibbinfo(m): 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2010
when shall we be free from religious crises imagine on xmas day when every one enjoys some group of evil men will gather together discussing on how to waste fellow human life what a barbaric religion . may they soul rest in pace,
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by ibtihaj(m): 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2010
Hi,
I live in Jos and i know everything that happen, you need to know that is not only two places that this bomb happen but is three, the third place is where the majority are Muslim but thank God it has not exploid but there is an exhange of fire betwen the military and those that want to detonate the bomb, the governor himself said that is not Muslims that put this but some opposition that put all this bomb and they have evidence for that.

The must important is the life that is been lost either is christian or Muslim, is a piety this is happening in our dear country, it happen in Borno, Bauchi, Jos, Abuja, Niger delta.
We need to realize that politician are just using us for their interest.
This is very sad, condemning the religious will not solve the issue but just pray for peace in our country.
Than you all
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by hugafella(m): 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2010
Hey NLers! Can anyone tell me who loves to blow up things on christmas day? Exactly this time last year, a certain "Talab" failed to kill hundreds of Americans (exporting what they love doing in Nigeria) and now on the same day, other "Talabs" are spilling Nigerian blood! My God!! These guys don't rest. Why choose a day that is sacred to Christians? Oh! I get it. They want to drive home a message! Incorrigible, unrepentant killers! Please know that no one has a monopoly of violence. You guys should really search your souls and ask if your "God" really claps when you kill innocents.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by ibbinfo(m): 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2010
[quote:bankol18] on the day when we were supposed to celebrate the day of our Lord and savior Jesus in the tune of harmony,peace,and joy;some nefarious bastards had the heart to ruin the day with destruction and tears,  i have just onw word let the persecutors of the true followers of christ prepare for the damnation of their accursed souls, a religious crusade to counter the satanic jihad is near peace, DO YOU THINK THAT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM OR [/color]WILL THAT BRING BACK THE LOST SOUL?
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by gididi: 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2010
I now convince we are terrorist country. We are seriously graduating fast to be recognised worid wide. A nigerian tried it last year in far away usa,it did not work and now in nigeria,it worked.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by bleufaucon: 11:45pm On Dec 25, 2010
islam and catholicism both have a lot in common-unable to endure criticism,and both have the blood of god's people in their hands.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by poweredcom(m): 11:47pm On Dec 25, 2010
Jos is so full of disaster, na wa ooo
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Zhulfiqar1: 11:49pm On Dec 25, 2010
i am shocked at the miracle happening in this forum.everyone suddenly knows its muslims and not criminals that did the attack.how i wished you guys should have known such an attack would happen and you could have saved those poor souls!!!

lets all rejoice:hitler the slaughterer of jews was christian.

bush,the slaughterer of iraqi and afghan muslims is christian.

the israelis,the slaughterers of palestinian muslims are jews.

so lets all share the madeness and celebrate killing.

those you call muslims also want to have the taste of blood.

well,what can i say?people talk nonsense and try to add fuel to the fire.so lets all of us be silly and utter rubbish.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by reality02: 12:11am On Dec 26, 2010
if truly muslim is behind dis deadly thing,dey are big fool. when we have so much bad leaders in dis country why can't they blow up dis senators,house of reps instead of killing innocent lives
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Harus(m): 12:12am On Dec 26, 2010
Here is what most Christians are taught, and try to live by:Matthew 5:43-45 (Words of Jesus)

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.

Mohammad teaches:

"Fight those from among the people of the Book, who believe not in ALLAH, nor in the Last Day, nor hold as unlawful what ALLAH and HIS Messenger have declared to be unlawful, nor follow the true religion, until they pay the tax considering it a favour and acknowledge their subjection.

mohammad turned peaceful people into violent people with his religion, Jesus turned violent people into peaceful non-violent people, which would you rather live with?

@ Spearman: Muslims were commanded by God to fight the unbelievers who were 'Idol Worshiper' because the unbelievers violently attack muslims.

I guess Jesus (Isah) wuld have been commanded to figth too if the unbelievers  begin to kill his followers.
Same will happen to Jesus if he were to be in prophet Muhammad's shoes.

See, u are allowed to practice ur religion on this earth and I see nothing wrong in fighting for freedom .
People talk abt JIHAD, Its simply  mean any act or action taken to convince a person (especially sombody with a diferent belief) to join ur religion.

Preaching is also a Jihad. Christains do preach too.
Fighting as a Jihad, bcoms lawful 'if and only if' the unbelievers violently attack bcoz of the religion.
Also, the fighting is not done in silence, The two groups must have agreed to resolve by fighting. A battle field would then be choosen, the two groups then get prepared to attack. Killings in this form is lawful.

Most importantly, women, children, animals must not be attack, though they wuld remain home and the group that win must not go further to destroy the defeated's home.

But fighting as a Jihad were of those ancient times becoz evrybody, in any part of the world, now have right to practice any religion of his choice. The Jihad left now are preaching, enticing, e.t.c. and which is found in every religion.

Its indeed unlawful to take the life of a human fellow (wether christain or muslim) unless if the person has taken sombody's life. Allah said u will give account of all what u did on this earth, including how u relate or treat ur fellow human (muslim or christain).

I strongly condemn killings (in d name of religion)  in Jos and other parts of the world - These are not Jihad but political discrepencies. Punishment for a muslim that kill a christain is same as for a muslim that kill his fellow muslim provided the two cases are based on haterage, politics, e.t.c.

Bible teaches that christains shuld love their neighbour as they love themselves, same in Islam too. The fact that may be lots of muslims around u do not practice it does not mean that all muslims do not.

Islam, indeed is a religion of peace but some of the followers do not understand it well.
Christains are brothers to Muslims coz both believe in same One God (Allah) and Jesus (Isah).

I remember, God asked prophet Muhammad to send his followers on asylum (bcoz of violently attacks from unbelievers in Mecca) to a country headed by a christain king - ETHIOPIA.

Before the muslims reach Ethiopia, Unbelievers had already sent messages to their neighbouring cities (including Ethiopia) that some people may enter their kingdom to polute their respective religion.

When muslims reached Ethiopia, the  christain king asked the muslims : "Who are u and what is ur religion".
They replied: "We are MUSLIMS, we practice ISLAM, we believe in only ONE GOD and Muhammad is the messenger of God."

The king commanded his servants: "Take them away and lock them"
The muslims respond:"Muhammad asked them to come on aasylum in Ethiopia headed by a christain that believe in JESUS."

The king was surprised to hear Jesus from them, the king asked: "Tell me about JESUS"
They told the king a story from Quran, how Jesus was born by Mary.

The king, without hesitation, grant them asylum and told them "The  diference between u and me is thinner than this line (by drowing a line with his stick)"

If u have lived with a true muslim, u will prefer to stay in their midst throughout ur life.
Crisis in Jos, Kano, Kaduna are not religious but rather, political/ethnic.
The BOKO HARAM are another misleaded group claiming to be muslims while they are not.

I am a muslim and I love true christains.

Pls dont hate the religion, hate the person that refused to practice it well.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by kabukabu50(m): 12:43am On Dec 26, 2010
Harus:

@ Spearman: Muslims were commanded by God to fight the unbelievers who were 'Idol Worshiper' because the unbelievers violently attack muslims.

I guess Jesus (Isah) wuld have been commanded to figth too if the unbelievers begin to kill his followers.
Same will happen to Jesus if he were to be in prophet Muhammad's shoes.

See, u are allowed to practice your religion on this earth and I see nothing wrong in fighting for freedom .
People talk abt JIHAD, Its simply mean any act or action taken to convince a person (especially sombody with a diferent belief) to join your religion.

Preaching is also a Jihad. Christains do preach too.
Fighting as a Jihad, bcoms lawful 'if and only if' the unbelievers violently attack bcoz of the religion.
Also, the fighting is not done in silence, The two groups must have agreed to resolve by fighting. A battle field would then be choosen, the two groups then get prepared to attack. Killings in this form is lawful.

Most importantly, women, children, animals must not be attack, though they wuld remain home and the group that win must not go further to destroy the defeated's home.

But fighting as a Jihad were of those ancient times becoz evrybody, in any part of the world, now have right to practice any religion of his choice. The Jihad left now are preaching, enticing, e.t.c. and which is found in every religion.

Its indeed unlawful to take the life of a human fellow (wether christain or muslim) unless if the person has taken sombody's life. Allah said u will give account of all what u did on this earth, including how u relate or treat your fellow human (muslim or christain).

I strongly condemn killings (in d name of religion) in Jos and other parts of the world - These are not Jihad but political discrepencies. Punishment for a muslim that kill a christain is same as for a muslim that kill his fellow muslim provided the two cases are based on haterage, politics, e.t.c.

Bible teaches that christains shuld love their neighbour as they love themselves, same in Islam too. The fact that may be lots of muslims around u do not practice it does not mean that all muslims do not.

Islam, indeed is a religion of peace but some of the followers do not understand it well.
Christains are brothers to Muslims coz both believe in same One God (Allah) and Jesus (Isah).

I remember, God asked prophet Muhammad to send his followers on asylum (bcoz of violently attacks from unbelievers in Mecca) to a country headed by a christain king - ETHIOPIA.

Before the muslims reach Ethiopia, Unbelievers had already sent messages to their neighbouring cities (including Ethiopia) that some people may enter their kingdom to polute their respective religion.

When muslims reached Ethiopia, the christain king asked the muslims : "Who are u and what is your religion".
They replied: "We are MUSLIMS, we practice ISLAM, we believe in only ONE GOD and Muhammad is the messenger of God."

The king commanded his servants: "Take them away and lock them"
The muslims respond:"Muhammad asked them to come on aasylum in Ethiopia headed by a christain that believe in JESUS."

The king was surprised to hear Jesus from them, the king asked: "Tell me about JESUS"
They told the king a story from Quran, how Jesus was born by Mary.

The king, without hesitation, grant them asylum and told them "The diference between u and me is thinner than this line (by drowing a line with his stick)"

If u have lived with a true muslim, u will prefer to stay in their midst throughout your life.
Crisis in Jos, Kano, Kaduna are not religious but rather, political/ethnic.
The BOKO HARAM are another misleaded group claiming to be muslims while they are not.

I am a muslim and I love true christains.

Pls dont hate the religion, hate the person that refused to practice it well.

Jesus never stood for violence while Muhammed supported violence if attacked, BIG DIFFERENCE, Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Better Than Some African Countries? / EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account / "Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB Contracted To Destroy Igbos" - Lauretta Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.