Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,356 members, 7,923,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 06:57 AM

Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed (12942 Views)

Wike At Christmas Carol, Says He Will Win His Battle / BREAKING: Boko Haram: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again - Daily Post / Scores Feared Dead As Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Zhulfiqar1: 1:40am On Dec 26, 2010
kabukabu50:

Jesus never stood for violence while Muhammed supported violence if attacked, BIG DIFFERENCE, Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS

see how pathetic you sound.so its Muhammad that sent those criminals to attack jos but it is not Jesus that sent MEND to bomb abuja?

what nonsense is all this?do you think you are making your case by insulting muslims and their Prophet?or you think you are not falling into the traps of the people who carried out the attacks?if anyone of them is reading this board,he would be laughing and congratulating himself on a job well-done.the nonsense people have said on this board attacking muslims,islam and the Prophet is no less damaging and $tupid than the attacks in jos.

what you guys are doing here is not out of shock or sympathy.you're simply using these attacks to capitalize in your preaching against the muslims and spread your crusade.you think you will discourage muslims from their faith.

how many billion times would people tell you that arab culture was violent and the Prophet only defended himself because he was attacked and oppressed by the idolaters of mecca?

you keep talking as if Jesus would not have done the same:

Luke 12:49-52

I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
50But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

Matthew 10:34 34

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

when someone is under attack,he has the right to defend himself.that is not called violence.that is called self-defense.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by say4gunit(m): 1:51am On Dec 26, 2010
The Clown:

ISLAM IS EVIL

MUSLIMS ARE MURDEROUS

THOSE THAT ARE NOT MURDEROUS SUPPORT IT BY DEFENDING IT

THE HADITH IS A BOOK OF WAR AND CARNAGE

FACE IT OR LEAVE IT

NO MUSLIM IS LIBERAL ENOUGH TO FACE THE TRUTH AND SAY IT AS IT IS

THEIR FIRST INSTINCT IS TO DEFEND THE ACTIONS OF THEIR BROTHERS IN DESTRUCTION, SIGHTING RIDICULOUS INSTANCES THAT LEAVES YOU WANDERING.

MUSLIMS ARE HATRED PERSONIFIED, ANYWHERE AND ANY DAY.

THOSE THAT ARE NOT ARE DEFINITELY NOT GOOD MUSLIMS!
You'll forever remain a CLOWN,
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by dayo1401: 2:03am On Dec 26, 2010
Unfortunately,, most people on nairaland are daft,
terrorism, violence and religious crisis only happen in a country where the government is weak, u dont blame religion in this kind of crisis, u blame the government for not being strong enough to fish out and jail religious extremist,
the lawmakers shud make laws to jail religiious extremist for a minimum of ten years, be it christain or muslim,
whatever, religion u practice, keep it to ur self, nobyd wants to know,

they re muslim and christain in england for example, and they co exist,
the idiots perpertrating this acts are extremist, and they only thrive in a weak failed states like Nigeria,,,iraq, pakistan and the rest of them,

u want to know how weak the government is, ask ur self, was anybdy sentence to jail in the boko haram crisis, ??, has anybdy or group being convicted??, what has the government done so far in previous religious crisis, ?, make speeches and empty promises,

u do that in england, or america, and u simply end up in jail for the rest of ur life,

there was bomb in niger delta, abuja, jos,

Nigeria is failing, Nairalanders, wake up and stop blaming religion, u can practice any kind of religion in a peace, so many countries do
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Sonofpeace(m): 2:19am On Dec 26, 2010
Zhul-fiqar:

see how pathetic you sound.so its Muhammad that sent those criminals to attack jos but it is not Jesus that sent MEND to bomb abuja?

what nonsense is all this?do you think you are making your case by insulting muslims and their Prophet?or you think you are not falling into the traps of the people who carried out the attacks?if anyone of them is reading this board,he would be laughing and congratulating himself on a job well-done.the nonsense people have said on this board attacking muslims,islam and the Prophet is no less damaging and $tupid than the attacks in jos.

what you guys are doing here is not out of shock or sympathy.you're simply using these attacks to capitalize in your preaching against the muslims and spread your crusade.you think you will discourage muslims from their faith.

how many billion times would people tell you that arab culture was violent and the Prophet only defended himself because he was attacked and oppressed by the idolaters of mecca?

50But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

when someone is under attack,he has the right to defend himself.that is not called violence.that is called self-defense.

Listen Mister! Jesus was not talking about war rather he was talking about eternal judgement that comes from his father God almighty against the unbelievers because the word of God is like a two edged sword (Read verse 57 to 59 of luke 12) you'll understand that the reason why Jesus said what he said was not for violence but for eternal judgement of God. The testament of what Jesus portrays is written in luke 22:49-54, mind you that in verse 54 he gave himself to be slughtered while in verse 51 he healed a man that came to arrest him. The law of moses in the old testament supported an eye for an eye but Jesus the Son of God didnt support rather he preached paying back evil with good and good with good. The question i have for you muslims is, should man fight for God or should God fight for man?
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by frankcimc(m): 2:41am On Dec 26, 2010
I smell war war war in Nigeria but May God forbid that
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by LIBS: 3:22am On Dec 26, 2010
I never wanted to register,but I had to because of the silly comments I have been reading concerning this topic. Lets try to be sincere here, Islam encourages and promotes violence against other religions especially Christians. Ask yourself these questions: why did it happen a day to Christmas , have I ever heard of Christians going to attack Muslims in the mosque before, have I ever heard of Muslims going to attack Christians in the church before,how often have I heard of Muslims killing Christians  in the in the north-deposit their remains in a big vehicle (luxurious bus) and send it down to the south all in the name of religion, why didn't explosions take place when we celebrated salah which was held some weeks back? Please, my muslim brothers,ask yourself these questions and be sincere when you develop your answers.

However,these practices cannot be carried out here in the south because christians are more in population and they wont condone it. Muslims are like bullies-when they see that you cant fight back due to your size, they capitalize on it.

Let me give an experience I had with my so called Muslims brothers. Year 2003, I went to ABU,Zaria for admission.My cousin was a student there as at that time so I had to stay with him(danfodio hall).He had muslim roommates and we all lived together in the same room. There was one young alhaji that had been to "Mecca'' before and that's where I saw what mecca looked like cos he showed me pictures. One faithful day,my cousin was not around (he went for lectures) The muslims guys in the were called for their prayers so they left the room like "craze people" and unusually. Some minutes later,my cousin called me and asked me to run out of the room immediately.I tried to ask him why but there was no time for question answering so I decided to stay since I had no misunderstanding with anyone. Some minutes later, they returned from their mosque looking so depressed with red eyes(only God knows what they told them there).I tried asking them if anything was wrong but the way they looked at me gave a sign of real danger coming. In other to avoid stories that touch the heart, I ran from the room when I heard them speaking that jargons the call a language furiously(it was as if they were planning to harm me).When I later saw my cousin,he told me that anytime they call for their so called prayers at an unusual time, it means thats something is wrong and they want to convey the message to them.There was a serious fight between the Muslims and Christians that day in zaria.The so called alhaji that's supposed to show good example due to his sojourn to the so called holy ground was the one that was fronting for them that day.He was like a pastor to them(imagine a pastor portraying such an attitude).

There was a time that they killed Christians in the north sometime ago, I was in warri, Delta state(the true land of milk and honey).There are areas in warri, sapele e.t.c called Hausa quarters filled with Muslims.Due to the event in the north at that time, they started running as if they were been chased after.it was the indigenes of warri that were even asking them to stay calm assuring them that nobody would dare touch them and nobody actually did touch them.You hardly see a Muslim from Delta state(1 in every 10,000) and even if you see,he is probably doing it for fun or fooling himself and his generation. Now imagine a Muslim in the north doing this.They would rather sharpen their daga ,service their arrows with enough poison for hours cos they believe its is time to fight for "their God". How can you fight for God your creator?it's funny. They even go as far as killing innocent children all in the name of jihad.In the middle east,some wrap bomb around their children just to kill people all in the name of religion.

After carrying out a small research, I found out that they've been promised (according to their qua ran)a mansion,seven virgins and a stream with milk and honey flowing in it at their backyard if they die in the course of fighting for God (jihad).  Now ask yourself these questions:what will be the reward for a Muslim woman that dies in the course of fighting for God(seven male virgins to Bleep her constantly), can I get these promises to myself here on earth if I work hard and make money here on earth, can I really fight for God when he has the ability to crush anything within micro seconds? Please my Muslim fellas, answer these questions with in depth sincerity.

This is all I have to say for now until I see silly comments again in this forum. I know I would be killed or probably stoned to death if my whereabout/identity is disclosed to my Muslim fellas:at least that is another evidence to show that islam as a religion encourages violence.

I REST MY CASE- KING OF LIBIDO a.k.a LIBS
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Guidedee(m): 5:05am On Dec 26, 2010
Zhul-fiqar:

I LIKE THIS COMMENT. Let me ask those fools some questions. DID MUHAMMAD (S.A.W) INSTRUCTED CAIN TO KILL ABEL? You idiots have forgotten your foundation, who inspired your ancestor, CAIN to kill?. Islam and Muhammad(s.a.w) will always remain the best things that ever happened to the universe. You all forgot to make peace with your creator and that is the peace Islam stands for- MAKING PEACE WITH YOUR CREATOR = ISLAM. Accept HIS laws and commandment over you and abide by them, you'll definitely have peace inside you. Don't expect total peace in the physical sense on earth untill when the peacemaker ordained by GOD comes as prophesied by Muhammad(s.a.w). No prophet came to promise total peace except Muhammad(s.a.w). Jesus said "But when they persecute ye in this city, flee ye unto another city, for verily i say unto ye. Ye shall not have gone over all the cities of Israel, till the sun of man come". But unfortunately for christ followers, they have waited in vain and pains for over 2010 years and they'll continue to be till they accept the universal message of Muhammad(s.a.w). I won't say much about those insulting Muhammad(s.a.w), Islam and muslims than "wake up and find time to study Islam". It's then you'll realise the following facts: God created both good and evil and He uses them at His wills- isaiah 45:7, 1 samuel 16:14, 2 thessalonians 2:11, numbers 32:13. God enjoins total destruction of enemies in the bible " Now go and smite Amalek and destroy all they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and backside" 1 samuel 15:3. @spear, @kabukabu and co, pls defend this, you ignorants. I still have many more for those muslims who wish to teach ignorant christians what they don't know about their useless religion of Israel as jesus called it Matthew 15:24-26, Matthew 10:5-6. Truth loving christians can also contact me through olawale 1425@yahoo.co.uk or 08094325740. Peace be unto you all.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Ivynwa(f): 5:40am On Dec 26, 2010
Do you actually mean that moslems bombed churches in Nigeria on Xmas day? Is that really true??
If that is true then Nigeria should hurry up and divide up so that the moslems can do their religion in their own country? How long will people be getting killed in the name of religion and we all write it in the newspaper, talk about it, point fingers and wave it aside. I have had enough of it and hope you have.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH PEOPLE.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by kabukabu50(m): 5:50am On Dec 26, 2010
Zhul-fiqar:

Jesus christ never authorized violence, ever, He said If you are slapped on the cheek turn the other cheek, Christians that are attacked offer themselves as matyrs, We don't follow the quotes you posted as literally as you Mulsims follow the numerous violent quotes on how to kill enemies in the Q'uran.
Wherever warfare is mentioned in the bible it figurativly means spiritual warfare , not cutting people's heads off.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Nick3(m): 6:06am On Dec 26, 2010
Violence, Terrorism and Hate. Is what Islam is about, Crude Religion, You Muslims make me very sick, embarassed
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Danni2: 6:51am On Dec 26, 2010
I AM A CHRISTIAN!

WHY?

BECAUSE JESUS DID NOT FIGHT ANY WAR OR PROMOTE VIOLENCE IN ANY WAY BUT WAS RATHER A VICTIM OF IT.

IF JESUS HAD AS MUCH AS FOUGHT ANY WAR LIKE MOHAMMED DID IN THE NAME OF GOD, I WOULDNT BE A CHRISTIAN TODAY.

WHY?

BECAUSE ANY PROPHET THAT CLAIMS TO SPEAK FOR GOD AND ENGAGES IN ANY KIND OF VIOLENCE AND KILLING OF HUMAN LIVES SHOULD LOOK FOR ANOTHER NAME RATHER THAN A PROPHET OF GOD.

READ MY LIPS: "VIOLENCE OR MURDER COMMITTED IN THE NAME OF GOD IS THE GREATEST PROOF THAT ATHEISTS HAVE AGAINST RELIGION."

ANYONE (CHRISTIAN, MOSLEM, JEWISH ETC) WHO COMMITS VIOLENCE OR MURDER IN THE NAME OF RELIGION OR GOD SHOULD REPENT IMMEDIATELY AND SEEK FOR GOD'S MERCY (WHICH IS MYSTERIOUSLY ABUNDANT) BEFORE HE/SHE DIES.

OTHERWISE,
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by delivryboy: 7:20am On Dec 26, 2010
Why don't you guys wait to hear the details from the security agencies before shooting you kissers. The same Muslims would have been conveniently blamed for 1st October bombings if not for the pres***dents inexperience.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by otheloze: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2010
@KISSKRIS real Muslims live in peace,

QUESTION
can any one tell me what is synonymous with these regions, AFGHANISTAN,PAKISTAN,JOS(NIGERIA), HAMAS (PALESTINE), ALGERIA, IRAG , MINDANAO (PHILIPPINES), KASHMIR(INDIA) , HEZBOLLAH (LEBANON) , ETHIOPIA, SUDAN, BORNO (NIGERIA), AND MANY MORE JUST TO MENTION A FEW,

ANSWER: The answer to the question is ISLAM AND BLOOD LETTING,the are so inter related , that u cant tell where to draw a line within this 2. Islam has an antecedents of violence starting from the controversial Prophet which he passed down to the acclaimed four rightly guided caliphates, which in a very short time after the death of the Prophet stated assassination them selfs (uthman being d first to role).

Any Muslim's who practice peace is not a rightly guided Muslim, any Muslim here step out i would prove it from your own book of law (codex)
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by juman(m): 8:26am On Dec 26, 2010
For God sake, innocent people just killed like insects. Probabaly the politicians are those behind this nonsense.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by tbaba1234: 9:27am On Dec 26, 2010
otheloze:

@KISSKRIS real Muslims live in peace,

QUESTION
can any one tell me what is synonymous with these regions, AFGHANISTAN,PAKISTAN,JOS(NIGERIA), HAMAS (PALESTINE), ALGERIA, IRAG , MINDANAO (PHILIPPINES), KASHMIR(INDIA) , HEZBOLLAH (LEBANON) , ETHIOPIA, SUDAN, BORNO (NIGERIA), AND MANY MORE JUST TO MENTION A FEW,

ANSWER: The answer to the question is ISLAM AND BLOOD LETTING,the are so inter related , that u cant tell where to draw a line within this 2. Islam has an antecedents of violence starting from the controversial Prophet which he passed down to the acclaimed four rightly guided caliphates, which in a very short time after the death of the Prophet stated assassination them selfs (uthman being d first to role).

Any Muslim's who practice peace is not a rightly guided Muslim, any Muslim here step out i would prove it from your own book of law (codex)

It is remarkable, the level of hate and ignorance spewing out on Nairaland, It is easy to limit the violence in jos to religion, People fail to realise that both religions have existed in Jos for decades. And Jos used to be taken as a model of religious tolerance, so what has changed?? That should be the focus and not some blind accusation on the religion of islam.

You talk of Iraq, Afganistan, kashmir and then you talk of Palestian and lebanon , and you fail to examine the political undertones to the events in these places , Admittedly bad things have been done by muslims but that does that mean that islam preaches violence, Muslims can only engage in self defence and only when they are attacked, It is said in the Quran ,
' Fight against those who fight you, but do not trangress bounds , and desist if they cease for God does not like Aggressors, ' (2:190)

I do not see how that goes against your normal human inclination,

So if a conflict degenerates to a war, What bounds does islam set??

Do not kill the innocent, Women, children and Old folks

Do not kill the animals or cut down trees

So do you now think that people who engage in acts of violence killing innocent people do it in the true name of islam

No other military in the world stands by these standards,

The killing of innocent people is abhorred in islam as it is in all of the abrahamic faiths, Blaming the acts of a few people on over 1.5 billion is unfair and shows a lack of understanding of islam, The Quran states that killing one innocent person is like one has killed the whole of mankind.

Please show me an ayat in the Quran that promotes violence, and let me quickly refute it, I know the verses, you'd bring up, smiley

Islam united the whole of the waring tribes of Arabia and for the first time brought peace to a region that was devoid of it, something that was thought as impossible.

Please let's get our facts right, we have muslims in places like Indonesia(largest muslim nation), Kuwait, UAE, bahrain, Qatar, , but you bring names of nations and fail to talk about the political situations that led to those conditions.

Please people, we have to make our country work, We need to fish out extremist/political elements responsible for these atrocities and make Nigeria work, Blaming a group of people for the violence and then demonizing a larger proportion of the population just brings about divisions,

We all know that our problems go beyond religious diversity, there are ethnic and political undertones. let's fix it

Peace
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Richiboy: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2010
am a christian hopin 2get married 2a muslims, but dis religion bombin stuff, is makin it dificult for me 2continue loving her, d issue is why is dis common 2muslim killing, while christian neva start any fight, but muslim are always d cause of most fight, please she was disturb for my reaction 2her afta d news.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by smaikins: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2010
I was in Jos when it all started. Trust me this has absolutely nothing to do with religion, and the earlier we realize this the sooner the issue will be tackled. We should understand that man has the choice to use his power(s) for good or evil, wether he be a Christian, Muslim, Traditionalist or what ever body he chooses to belong to, for the purpose of worshipping his creator.
I don't believe any religion advocates or supports murder in any form it may be presented by its followers.
The mayhem in Jos is purely an ethnical and political issue, hidden behind the screen of religion so as to gain support of the respective followers. We are no different from those perpetrating this sacrilegious act if we try to justify their actions in any way; if we do that, then they have really won and the result will be catastrophic.
Nigerians are known to be intelligent people, I just don't understand why we tend to get so sentimental when things become religious or ethnical. God created us differently not so that we come to kill and destroy each other, but so that we come to love and know each other. There is beauty in diversification, there is beauty in meeting someone different from your self, there is beauty in learning a different Culture, believe from yours, Difference is what makes the world an exciting place.
The Jos Mayhem is not a religious tussle, but a political tussle and God will surely cause to perish who ever has a hand in it, DON'T FUEL IT,

S.A.M
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by kafanchan: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2010
All of una wey dey dis forum sef, I tire for una. You guys should always know details of things before making comments on sensitive issues like religion. THE CRISIS IN JOS IS POLITICAL. THE HAUSAS WANT TO TAKE OVER LEADERSHIP IN PLATEAU STATE AND THEY WANT TO USE VIOLENCE TO ACHIEVE IT. The hausa muslims are the useless. Hausas are naturally violent. Na dem dey spoil Islam. Come to think of it: has any crisis like this happen among Yoruba muslims and christians in the south? Is it not Kano, Sokoto, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Bauchi and Jos that witness religious crisis.  See, If anyone of you knows anybody in Jos, ask him and he will tell you that  the yoruba muslims in NASARAWA area of Jos are always victims of hausa muslims assault. The hausas know how to turn the southereners against themselves , now they have succeded in turning yoruba muslims in the south against yoruba christians in the south. I have friends in Jos, they tell me that yoruba muslims and yoruba christians live happily together. Their problems are the hausas. PLEASE LET US STOP BLAMING ISLAM, LET US FOCUS ON WHERE THE PROBLEM IS :THE HAUSA MUSLIMS.

NB: I AM A CHRISTIAN.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Sonofpeace(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2010
Guidedee:

I LIKE THIS COMMENT. Let me ask those fools some questions. DID MUHAMMAD (S.A.W) INSTRUCTED CAIN TO KILL ABEL? You idiots have forgotten your foundation, who inspired your ancestor, CAIN to kill?. Islam and Muhammad(s.a.w) will always remain the best things that ever happened to the universe. You all forgot to make peace with your creator and that is the peace Islam stands for- MAKING PEACE WITH YOUR CREATOR = ISLAM. Accept HIS laws and commandment over you and abide by them, you'll definitely have peace inside you. Don't expect total peace in the physical sense on earth untill when the peacemaker ordained by GOD comes as prophesied by Muhammad(s.a.w). No prophet came to promise total peace except Muhammad(s.a.w). Jesus said "But when they persecute ye in this city, flee ye unto another city, for verily i say unto ye. Ye shall not have gone over all the cities of Israel, till the sun of man come". But unfortunately for christ followers, they have waited in vain and pains for over 2010 years and they'll continue to be till they accept the universal message of Muhammad(s.a.w). I won't say much about those insulting Muhammad(s.a.w), Islam and muslims than "wake up and find time to study Islam". It's then you'll realise the following facts: God created both good and evil and He uses them at His wills- isaiah 45:7, 1 samuel 16:14, 2 thessalonians 2:11, numbers 32:13. God enjoins total destruction of enemies in the bible " Now go and smite Amalek and destroy all they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and backside" 1 samuel 15:3. @spear, @kabukabu and co, pls defend this, you ignorants. I still have many more for those muslims who wish to teach ignorant christians what they don't know about their useless religion of Israel as jesus called it Matthew 15:24-26, Matthew 10:5-6. Truth loving christians can also contact me through olawale 1425@yahoo.co.uk or 08094325740. Peace be unto you all.
hey Oga Moslem! I won't waste my time talking to you in much grammar. You talked about CAIN been a product of Christians wickedness but according to the bible Cain was an unbeliever and a sinner Genesis 4:7. Again you talked about God instructing the Israelites to go to war and smite the gentiles, well what i have to tell you and your people is that those things happened in the old testament before Jesus came to liberate us from the power of sin and death. Jesus is the fulfilment of the law and he centered all his teachings under love and not violence (Mth 22:37, Mth 26:53-56). The bible made it clear that he that kill by the sword shall die by the sword but Islam support killing in the name of spreading the word of mohamed. Let me tell you no christian will waste his precious time reading koran. As long i am concerned is strictly based on the old religion (ie old testament) with some evil addition.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by tbaba1234: 10:18am On Dec 26, 2010
Sonofpeace:

hey Oga Moslem! I won't waste my time talking to you in much grammar. You talked about CAIN been a product of Christians wickedness but according to the bible Cain was an unbeliever and a sinner Genesis 4:7. Again you talked about God instructing the Israelites to go to war and smite the gentiles, well what i have to tell you and your people is that those things happened in the old testament before Jesus came to liberate us from the power of sin and death. Jesus is the fulfilment of the law and he centered all his teachings under love and not violence (Mth 22:37, Mth 26:53-56). The bible made it clear that he that kill by the sword shall die by the sword but Islam support killing in the name of spreading the word of mohamed. Let me tell you no christian will waste his precious time reading koran. As long i am concerned is strictly based on the old religion (ie old testament) with some evil addition.

You conclude it is evil and you haven't even read it.

Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala says what means in the Quran,
“Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant”.

Peace
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Superbrain(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2010
Pathetic story.

Be it politically or religiously motivated, Nigerians should condemn every form of violence.

To those pointing accusing fingers, if you feel the killings were not religiously motivated, then what points do you have to put up an argument? I don't know what the cause is but I pray the city of Jos sees peace.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by dSolution1: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2010
Sonofpeace:

hey Oga Moslem!  I won't waste my time talking to you in much grammar. You talked about CAIN been a product of Christians wickedness but according to the bible Cain was an unbeliever and a sinner Genesis 4:7.  Again you talked about God instructing the Israelites to go to war and smite the gentiles, well what i have  to tell you and your people is that those things happened in the old testament before Jesus came to liberate us from the power of sin and death. Jesus is the fulfilment of the law and he centered all his teachings under love and not violence (Mth 22:37, Mth 26:53-56). The bible made it clear that he that kill by the sword shall die by the sword but Islam support killing in the name of spreading the word of mohamed. Let me tell you no christian will waste his precious time reading koran. As long i am concerned is strictly based on the old religion (ie old testament) with some evil addition.

Which version of the bible told you that Cain was an unbeliever?

Those things happened in the old testament and so no longer are pertinent to people living today.

Tithing was in the old testament. How come people still give tithes up till today?

The problem today is not about Muslims being violent and Christians being peaceful. The problem today is that the cheating and deceit of Jacob on Esau is what we are experiencing. read Genesis 27:29 and then Genesis27:39-40.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by kafanchan: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2010
the hausas are hiding behind islam to do their nefarious activities. doing this, they know they will not get full condemnation from other muslims around the world (u know of course that it is always difficult to condemn somebody of your own faith even if the person is guilty). nairalanders, it is not muslim against christians in jos but hausas against non-hausas in jos.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by dSolution1: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2010
The Blessings of Abraham are Mine. That is what ecstatic Christians sing in the church.  If someone comes to you and takes your, laptop, or your phone, or your car and takes it away by force. What will you do? When I asked a church deacon this morning he told me that he would use force to get his property back.

That is what is happening in the world today. In Genesis 27: Jacob deceitfully stole the blessing and inheritance of Esau. The descendants of Esau are now fulfilling the blessing of Abraham. Genesis 27:40.

The only solution is to give back to Esau what rightfully belongs to him. But if the children of Jacob insist on keeping what is not theirs; keeping what rightfully belongs to Esau then the Blessing of Abraham must surely be fullfilled. Genesis 27:40
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
You will use your sword to live, and you will serve your brother. But eventually you will gain your

freedom and break his yoke off your neck."

King James Bible
And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou

shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.

American King James Version
And by your sword shall you live, and shall serve your brother; and it shall come to pass when you

shall have the dominion, that you shall break his yoke from off your neck.

American Standard Version
And by thy sword shalt thou live, and thou shalt serve thy brother. And it shall come to pass, when

thou shalt break loose, That thou shalt shake his yoke from off thy neck.

The children of Esau are breaking loose, they are gaining freedom. Soon the children of Jacob will no longer be their masters.

Then the children of Esau will reclaim and regain what is  rightfully  theirs.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by daqskin: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2010

Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed
« #82 on: Yesterday at 09:32:46 PM »

Nairalands, u guys argue a lot and that is not good for our country, because these arguments turn us to hate each other. If Love exist within us as Nigerians, Nigeria will be a better place to stay. Let us not generalise issues that all muslims are violent or all christians are violent. The truth is, do we LOVE this country, if yes then we are ready to die for the sake of this country. If Love/honesty exist, then no bloodshed.

No single investigation had come to a conclusion because some people up the ladder of affairs hide the facts. A lot of questions had been asked and answers are yet to be received.

The crises in Jos started in late 50s, the Hausas settlers had and have been looking for Politcal relevance/control in Jos during the era of tin mining. So issue of settler/Indigene need to be look and amendment made. Settlers need to respect their host comunity so that Indigenous culture can be preserve for future generation. Some minority cultures are becoming extinct and the majority are not helping matters rather they want to dominate. Honestly, the senators are not helping to checkmate this trend. Let us save the minority tribes rather than distroy them.
there are still some reasonable humans in Nigeria you are one of them,
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by dSolution1: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2010
kafanchan:

the hausas are hiding behind islam to do their nefarious activities. doing this, they know they will not get full condemnation from other muslims around the world (u know of course that it is always difficult to condemn somebody of your own faith even if the person is guilty). nairalanders, it is not muslim against christians in jos but hausas against non-hausas in jos.

Thank you Kafanchan. The bottom line is that the problem of Jos comes down to Money, Land and Possesions, Not Religion
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by Sonofpeace(m): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2010
tbaba1234:

You conclude it is evil and you haven't even read it.

Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala says what means in the Quran,
“Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant”.

Peace

it is simply because by their fruit you'll know them Read Matthew 7:16-21
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by dSolution1: 10:52am On Dec 26, 2010
No single investigation had come to a conclusion because some people up the ladder of affairs hide the facts. A lot of questions had been asked and answers are yet to be received.

Why? Because a few well placed people are making money, and buying lands, and bulding houses and acquiring property when all this trouble and crisis happens.

Honestly, the senators are not helping to checkmate this trend. Let us save the minority tribes rather than distroy them.
Everything comes down to politics. Nigerians some people are feeding fat from all the fights and crises in this country. Stand up Join other honest Nigerians and Let Us Kill Goliath. Who is Goliath in Nigeria today? Visit www.letskillgoliath.com
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by dSolution1: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2010
Holy Qur'an 3:104 "Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong:
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by tbaba1234: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2010
Sonofpeace:

it is simply because by their fruit you'll know them Read Matthew 7:16-21

Does that mean that any christian that does things in the name of the religion is a fruit of the religion?? Because there are plenty, (read christian history).  There are 1.5 billion muslims in the world, don't blame the activities of a few on the entire population, You only alienate people and cause divisions. Read the Quran and you'd understand what i am saying.

Peace,
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by rotimiland(m): 10:56am On Dec 26, 2010
dSolution?:

Which version of the bible told you that Cain was an unbeliever?

DSolution,
Read Genesis 4: 10 - 12, what can you infer from that? Stop kidding. You are Un JOS tified.
Re: Explosions Rock Jos At Christmas: 20 Killed by kafanchan: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2010
I still see muslims and christians exchanging words angrily on this forum. Let us stop wasting our time on this, instead let us concentrate on fighting the common foe which is the hausas(predominantly muslims anyway). Ask any non hausa (be it christian or muslim) in Jos, he will never tell you that it is a fight between christians and muslims, he will tell you that it is a fight between hausas and non hausas.
E dey always vex me when those hausas dey distract us southerners by pitching us against ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

It’s Only Proper To Zone Senate Presidency To South-south — PANDEF / Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions / Stamp Duty War: NIPOST Tackles FIRS Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.