Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

How To Live With a contentious woman - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Live With a contentious woman (37610 Views)

My Husband Lied His Concubine Was His Aunt, Made Me Live With Her – Wife / Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? / "When You Still Live With Your Parents At 36" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

I will have to do you first grin

Luckily for me I'm not in Scotland. CONTENTIOUS WOMAN!!! grin grin
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by hedonistic: 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
The best way to 'live' with a contentious woman is to send her packing.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
postmann:
A contentious woman is a sand in the mill.
She lacks grace and style
A pack of grudge and unresolved bitterness plague her
Her home is a heap of mess
Her husband prefers the cold hands of a stranger to hers

She's incorrigible; until she takes her husband down, her soul knows no let up
Never be jealous of her if she's outwardly beautiful
She's only a painted mud house
Her foundation is shallow
Watch her wrinkle away in anger
As she perishes under the weight of her own misery

At least credit the author

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by basingstoke: 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
Good read, but how do you deal with these other issues : like denying you love and sex, stopping you from loving or bringing the kids up, insulting your parents right in your presence, refusing to make food for for the house, refusing to discuss any family issues with you, and most expecially things must only be done her ways, if you don't do things her ways, then you are on your own...etc
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by basingstoke: 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bibors:
I have read many threads and comments here about avoiding errors in making choices of your spouce hence this my first thread on how those who now live with a contentious and nagging wife can survive.

Once the knot is tied and the butterflies fly away and reality sets in , its now time to take the bull by he horn and survive or DIE.
Note- these women have good intentions for being contentious women. They are protecting their man. Wants him to come back home straight from the office, to always look away when he sees a beautiful woman, calls and calls to know where you are and still calls even after a million explanations until you can't take the call again, try to stop you from hanging out with friends over a bottle of beer, try to correct everything they perceive as an error you made, goes the extreme with you as in- why call consistently when i have told you what's up, then you hear OK I will NEVER call again. Ahhh the list is endless.

The typical Naija man is a hardworking hustler who doesn't want to be slowed down with the rules to make a woman happy while he withdraws into a shell.

1. Never keep pleasing her to displease yourselves- if you keep playing by her rules she will still complain.
2. Never neglect your network of friends especially guys you discuss business with just because she doesn't like them.
3. Never raise your hands on her except she has beaten you atleast twice- ie. Her first beating could be a mistake, second beating, she has anger issues, if she tries to repeat it, Brother deliver her but carefully so you Dont give marks or injury for she still remains your wife.
4. Provide all you can but never get into debt to please her.
5. You can never talk sense into a contentious woman if you try you hurt both yourselves more so resort to short syllabus words- Love you, thank you, excuse me, fine, etc.
She will never stop checking your phone and will still fine faults even when there is nothing there so always lock yours and never look at hers.
6. She will manipulate to into jealousy- Never give into any kind of manipulation no matter how it hurts.
7. Ignore her rantings and concentrate on raising your kids.

8. Live with your problems, get used to it, and you will walk through victorious where others have failed.
9. Always remember that the man who contends with more problems/ issues and challenges is always a better man.

Name callers are welcome- constructive critisiam is well come above all matured experienced contributions very welcomed. Good read, but how do you deal with these other issues : like denying you love and sex, stopping you from loving or bringing the kids up, insulting your parents right in your presence, refusing to make food for for the house, refusing to discuss any family issues with you, and most especially things must only be done her ways, if you don't do things her ways, then you are on your own...etc
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by godwinasky: 11:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
It is truly not easy to cope with a nagging wife. But, I need to add that some men have same issues of nagging. So it is not only limited to d females. Men also have other issues that are really bothersome to their wives who take things patiently,so i don't think women are alone in this.

In fact ,it often so happens that a gentle man stays with a rash woman and vice versa,but i think it is to serve as a soothing balm having a calmer and cool headed person in d house.

Whatever d case is, I don't think violence is any way forward, perhaps a peaceful separation may suffice.

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by postmann: 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
lolaed:

At least credit the author

grin grin grin
That's as original as it gets.
And for all honesty, it's only a mild prose that sits right at the bottom of my list of self written compositions.

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
This na hard life.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
saanu
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by 9jatatafo(m): 12:02am On Mar 28, 2016
OP there is no perfect marriage
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by mikolo80: 12:06am On Mar 28, 2016
Dyt:

You men like mumu submissions
Hianus
no submit na. who lose
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by callJesu: 1:01am On Mar 28, 2016
The reason why they are complex in all their dealings is because there body anatomy is also complex[ just thinking]
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by callJesu: 1:02am On Mar 28, 2016
9jatatafo:
OP there is no perfect marriage
Without Christ or no perfect relationship with Him
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by pacino26(m): 1:13am On Mar 28, 2016
GodnGold:
Who told you this?

Guy e de for bible. Kindly cite one occasion God rested since the creation of Eve. My bible tells me he started planning the salvation of mankind from the day Adam & Eve both sinned and it tookhim 2000yrs to perfect.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Originalsly: 3:48am On Mar 28, 2016
It is never easy living with a contentious wife but if for whatever reasons one is stuck with such a bitshh calamity then I think Op has put forward very good advice for patient gentlemen...I repeat...patient gentlemen to follow. Those that are not so patient can try to go as far as they can. We have different tolerance levels .... and levels of managing problems or finding solutions. Too many of us know only two ways to deal with such a problem. ... either batter the wife into subjection or divorce. Op has put forward another way.....we can either open the windows of our minds to let fresh thoughts enter... or keep them shut and let ignorance continue to circulate.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by mrwonlasewonie: 4:36am On Mar 28, 2016
ezelos:
. Why poke ur nose on wats not ur biz!
ode! The last time I checked which your gumshion failed to tell you,NAIRALAND IS A PUBLIC FORUM .therefore if he didn't want me to poke my nose in his buisness he should have put this post in his house.

Another jerk on the loose grin
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by mrwonlasewonie: 4:38am On Mar 28, 2016
prophetfire:
woman,take it easy.its a discussion forum,not a fight.the insults are extreme.
prophet doom who dey follow this one fight.why body dey pepper you? undecided

Abi fight dey hungry you? You go dress go front tongue
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by mrwonlasewonie: 4:42am On Mar 28, 2016
torqque7:

Smh lol..women ehnn,u must vex o,oya take cake chopcalm down biko
when IT was dishing the insults you didn't quote it.na me you dey quote.hmm?
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by mrwonlasewonie: 4:45am On Mar 28, 2016
gamaliel121:

you expected insults buh he 'shunned' u and it vexed u....hahahahahah...kpele
are you one of the pained weaklings here grin

Pele
Take tissue to clean your tears grin tongue
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by mrwonlasewonie: 4:50am On Mar 28, 2016
Bamsupremacy:
You need a psychiatrist cos you have serious attitudinal issues. Seek help asap
and you need to be incacerated.many of you cannot behave like normal men except you're treated like animals first grin

Remove the log in your eyes first before you see the spec in another persons eyes.

Spineless talkative wimp

Next
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by ezelos(m): 5:00am On Mar 28, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
ode! The last time I checked which your gumshion failed to tell you,NAIRALAND IS A PUBLIC FORUM .therefore if he didn't want me to poke my nose in his buisness he should have put this post in his house.

Another jerk on the loose grin
. On the loose to tame your excesses.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by mrwonlasewonie: 5:03am On Mar 28, 2016
ezelos:
. On the loose to tame your excesses.
go and tame your phenese first grin

Oponu tongue
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Arabs999: 5:14am On Mar 28, 2016
Dyt:
And how does she live with his problems?

..OP, she has to grant to him an unfettered access to the oil well for steady drilling day and night...
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 28, 2016
emusmith:

Hey! Look up your dictionary and quit beating around the bush already
See who is who is talking..

I think we can talk about English Language when you have graduated from putting up lists,
Write a real article and publish it in a journal with I.F up to 0.99 then I will be able to trade words with you
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 28, 2016
Fit2Rule:

WAEC still has one free registration left after they gave one to Mrs. Kemi Adeosun to rewrite mathematics. I'll pay an expert to prepare you adequately so that you may pass the English language this time around.

Whats your own grade in English and how far have you gone educationally....
What's the institution you attended, are attending or planning to attend that you come online to spew rubbish?
Guy even in my dreams you cannot be my competitor in any thing educational...

Go take some drink its still public holiday
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by felixgreat: 5:58am On Mar 28, 2016
This is the kind of thread that should make front page
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 6:55am On Mar 28, 2016
Bibors:
I have read many threads and comments here about avoiding errors in making choices of your spouce hence this my first thread on how those who now live with a contentious and nagging wife can survive.

Once the knot is tied and the butterflies fly away and reality sets in , its now time to take the bull by he horn and survive or DIE.
Note- these women have good intentions for being contentious women. They are protecting their man. Wants him to come back home straight from the office, to always look away when he sees a beautiful woman, calls and calls to know where you are and still calls even after a million explanations until you can't take the call again, try to stop you from hanging out with friends over a bottle of beer, try to correct everything they perceive as an error you made, goes the extreme with you as in- why call consistently when i have told you what's up, then you hear OK I will NEVER call again. Ahhh the list is endless.

The typical Naija man is a hardworking hustler who doesn't want to be slowed down with the rules to make a woman happy while he withdraws into a shell.

1. Never keep pleasing her to displease yourselves- if you keep playing by her rules she will still complain.
2. Never neglect your network of friends especially guys you discuss business with just because she doesn't like them.
3. Never raise your hands on her except she has beaten you atleast twice- ie. Her first beating could be a mistake, second beating, she has anger issues, if she tries to repeat it, Brother deliver her but carefully so you Dont give marks or injury for she still remains your wife.
4. Provide all you can but never get into debt to please her.
5. You can never talk sense into a contentious woman if you try you hurt both yourselves more so resort to short syllabus words- Love you, thank you, excuse me, fine, etc.
She will never stop checking your phone and will still fine faults even when there is nothing there so always lock yours and never look at hers.
6. She will manipulate to into jealousy- Never give into any kind of manipulation no matter how it hurts.
7. Ignore her rantings and concentrate on raising your kids.

8. Live with your problems, get used to it, and you will walk through victorious where others have failed.
9. Always remember that the man who contends with more problems/ issues and challenges is always a better man.

Name callers are welcome- constructive critisiam is well come above all matured experienced contributions very welcomed.

How to survive a contentious woman.

simple.

1. Get out of that marriage as soon as possible before you develope HBP.

2. DON'T FORGET RULE NUMBER 1.

A contentious woman is not worth a second of your lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by prophetfire: 7:52am On Mar 28, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
prophet doom who dey follow this one fight.why body dey pepper you? undecided

Abi fight dey hungry you? You go dress go front tongue
people who character defects and bad attitudes have led to feelings of frustration should re-examine their lives in the light of the truth,face the truth and make ammends in order to get the good life,not invading a discussion forum to release pent-up anger and frustrations on persons who never contributed to their misery.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Funkychic(f): 7:55am On Mar 28, 2016
Tallesty1:
At least twice? I disagree.
A perfect gentleman is the one who knows when not to be gentle.
Hit me once and I will reset your head.
Hmmmmm.....Resetter!
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 28, 2016
Dyt:
And how does she live with his problems?

Women are very problematic.

Accept the truth.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Tallesty1(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2016
Funkychic:

Hmmmmm.....Resetter!
Ma!
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by ezelos(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
go and tame your phenese first grin

Oponu tongue
. Why can't you do without insults? Won fi si e ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Little Girl In Cocain Village Port Harcourt / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding / Life Is Like A Millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.