Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,755 members, 7,979,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:12 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1343486 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:30pm On Sep 18
Theyoungmaster:

Like how much will it cost?

I'm in Ibadan.

You can reach me on 08064724259 or i can direct you to someone who can fix it for in ibadan if you can't come to Lagos.
Mr Ibrahim 08055753116 ibadan
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 6:07pm On Sep 18
Good day all. I need to fix the charging port of my PC, HP Pavilion 15 (a digital pic of it is attached), that I mistakenly spoiled (it fell from the bed while the charger was still plugged). Anytime I plug the charger in the port, there's a slight spark sound in the port and it doesn't charge. How much is it likely to cost.
In case I want to change it's battery (inbuilt) too, how much is that going to cost too. Thank you.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18
ExtraUniqueGuy:
Good day all. I need to fix the charging port of my PC, HP Pavilion 15 (a digital pic of it is attached), that I mistakenly spoiled (it fell from the bed while the charger was still plugged). Anytime I plug the charger in the port, there's a slight spark sound in the port and it doesn't charge. How much is it likely to cost.
In case I want to change it's battery (inbuilt) too, how much is that going to cost too. Thank you.

If you're in lag you can reach me on 08064724259, I can fix it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fixitng: 8:43pm On Sep 18
Theyoungmaster:
Hello House.

Please I've not used my HP folio for over a week. The folio was working smoothly on the last use. However, I tried powering it up 2 days ago, noticed the keyboard backlight keeps blinking. The screen doesn't come on. The keyboard light will keep blinking for over 30 mins till the fan will just start blowing noisily. What could be the issue? How do I fix it?

Some weeks ago Before this happened, it will suddenly go off and show blue screen diagnostics. But whenever I remove and reinstall the battery, it works just fine.

Update: I swapped the ram sticks. It powers on without keyboard light blinking. However, the screen doesn't come on. The capslock key blinks twice, and the fan starts blowing very noisily.

In my opinion:

You need to troubleshoot the memory to be sure the motherboard is compatible with the two memory sticks.

It is likely the system can no longer carry both at the same time or one is weak and gradually failing so you need to identify the defective one.

However, kindly remove the battery followed by both RAM sticks. Clean the memory slots and RAM teeth. Insert only one RAM and plug the system to power without the battery. Switch ON the laptop. If it does not display manufacturer logo, try the other RAM.

If it works, shutdown and insert the battery.

Do not insert both the memory for now rather you should replace same with a higher GB than using 2 two sticks.

For instance use one 8GB than x2 4GB or 16GB than x2 8GB
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Youngsage: 2:50pm On Sep 19
Good day house, please I need help cry cry cry

I am unable to view the files in my external hard disk. When I plug it to my laptop, it takes forever to load, before it eventually displays a pop up message which contains the below:

"You need to format the disk in drive : D before you can use it..."

Been trying to upload a screenshot but unable to.
It has been working fine since, before this issue started recently.

What do I do at this point? I can't afford to lose the contents pleaseeeeee cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fixitng: 8:28am On Sep 20
Youngsage:
Good day house, please I need help cry cry cry

I am unable to view the files in my external hard disk. When I plug it to my laptop, it takes forever to load, before it eventually displays a pop up message which contains the below:

"You need to format the disk in drive : D before you can use it..."

Been trying to upload a screenshot but unable to.
It has been working fine since, before this issue started recently.

What do I do at this point? I can't afford to lose the contents pleaseeeeee cry cry

Plug the external hard drive in another laptop to see if you can access the contents. If it fail to open in another laptop you need a hard disk repair tool or recovery software.

Revert back for further directives after trying the above.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dhayor58(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20
Please the left side of my MacBook Air 2020 started displaying like this. What could be the cause and also the solution

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Youngsage: 10:28pm On Sep 22
fixitng:

Plug the external hard drive in another laptop to see if you can access the contents. If it fail to open in another laptop you need a hard disk repair tool or recovery software.

Revert back for further directives after trying the above.

Hi boss,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried plugging it in another laptop, but still status quo. It didn't detect it at all, although the blue light indicator of the drive was blinking as usual, so the cable is working fine and the issue is indeed from the drive itself.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marianorollas(m): 1:22am On Sep 24
scantee:
good thread
@skydancer
please can you help me with corel x4 activation key, i have the serial keys but is requesting for activation keys before i can use it, i will be grateful,

hablan español?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fixitng: 7:56am On Sep 24
Youngsage:

Hi boss,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried plugging it in another laptop, but still status quo. It didn't detect it at all, although the blue light indicator of the drive was blinking as usual, so the cable is working fine and the issue is indeed from the drive itself.

Go to Manage to see a list of disks on the system. There you will find the status of the external drive if it requires initialization or format. Ensure the external drive is plugged while you go to manage.

For further assistance WhatsApp me on 08085310379
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Arthaus(m): 11:07pm On Sep 25
udemzyudex:

If you're in lag you can reach me on 08064724259, I can fix it for you.
I have called your line countless times to schedule an appointment with you regarding the HP ZBOOK 15 G3, and for all the times I called the number you posted here, it has neither been taken nor returned.
Even my message to your WhatsApp has been left unread as I type this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 6:11am On Sep 26
Please who has a working screen for HP laptop, paper screen pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:21am On Sep 26
Arthaus:

I have called your line countless times to schedule an appointment with you regarding the HP ZBOOK 15 G3, and for all the times I called the number you posted here, it has neither been taken nor returned.

Sorry about that, it's not intentional.

Pls kindly message me on WhatsApp so I can check.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebenezer880(m): 6:54pm On Sep 26
udemzyudex, is an honest and very transparent Engineer, he helped me repair my HP ELITEBOOK this week.

Please your laptop are safe with him, he's an expert, the numbr of days i have been there even he's co engineer brings their jobs to him....

udemzyudex thank you so much I sincerely appreciate you

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebenezer880(m): 6:56pm On Sep 26
Arthaus:

Sorry about that but hummm he's always busy and it ain't intentional oooo if you come tonhis office you will know why he misses most calls, but trust me he will never default.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:40pm On Sep 26
ebenezer880:
udemzyudex, is an honest and very transparent Engineer, he helped me repair my HP ELITEBOOK this week.

Please your laptop are safe with him, he's an expert, the numbr of days i have been there even he's co engineer brings their jobs to him....

udemzyudex thank you so much I sincerely appreciate you

Thanks, I really appreciate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:41pm On Sep 26
ebenezer880:

Sorry about that but hummm he's always busy and it ain't intentional oooo if you come tonhis office you will know why he misses most calls, but trust me he will never default.

Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LegitDeals247: 4:11am On Sep 27
Hello House’

Pls I just got a new lappy with windows 11 pro on it.
How can I install micro soft word and basic apps on it. The last time I used lappy it has CD room on it to copy softwares.

Pls help me with procedure on how to go about it.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fixitng: 8:24am On Sep 27
LegitDeals247:
Hello House’

How can I install micro soft word and basic apps on it. The last time I used lappy it has CD room on it to copy softwares.

Thanks

The basic apps like Adobe Acrobat Reader, VCL Player, Chrome etc are free with less setup file size while MS Office is paid but other versions setup file size is in GB.

Kindly specify your location to know tech guys on this Forum within your area who can assist with the installation.

WhatsApp me if you are in Abuja for further assistance on 08085310379
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cboyflald(m): 11:52am On Sep 27
Pls who have this laptop fan

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Arthaus(m): 12:18pm On Sep 27
udemzyudex:

Thanks, I really appreciate.
Where is his office? I don't mind taking my pc there today, as I have a limited time to stay in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hartson(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27
ebab:
Please who has a working screen for HP laptop, paper screen pls
your base plz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hartson(m): 12:30pm On Sep 27
Arthaus:

Where is his office? I don't mind taking my pc there today, as I have a limited time to stay in Lagos.
Bros don't be offended you mentioned you have limited time to spend in lag.is your destination to PH when you leave?just wanna know
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hartson(m): 12:42pm On Sep 27
LegitDeals247:
Hello House’

Thanks
Most apps are stored in backup SSD or Flash or buy the latest mega software use a system that have a CD drive copy and paste all the apps in the software to a backup drive then install them from there.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uuzba(m): 1:15pm On Sep 28
LegitDeals247:
Hello House’

Thanks
Where do you stay?
Bring it. I will install for you.
Pay O.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LegitDeals247: 10:23pm On Sep 28
uuzba:

Where do you stay?
Bring it. I will install for you.
Pay O.

What’s your address
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 10:50am On Sep 29
HP ft we Pavilion G62
4gb RAM
500gb HDD
Intel Core i3
Windows 10
Display size 15.6 inches
Battery life 2hrs+
Good Condition
Laptop and Charger
Lagos .
75K Firm

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uuzba(m): 1:40pm On Sep 29
LegitDeals247:

What’s your address

Adeyemo Alakija Street, VI
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Arthaus(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30
udemzyudex:

Sorry about that, it's not intentional.

Pls kindly message me on WhatsApp so I can check.
I want to express my profound gratitude to Udemzyudex, for his kind assistance, despite being choked up with work, and I can truly affirm that he is a technician's technician. Despite doing his best regardingmy ZBOOK complaint, he went as far as flashing the BIOS chip and when it seems like the problem persisted, he sadly told me that we were out of options. Now to the good news, having seen him at CV, Ikeja on Friday, my mind was restlessand by Saturday, I had this prodding to boot the system. When I did, it still showed same glitchy screen as usual
which had also shown after the BIOS flashing. After few seconds, I just intuitively pressed the "enter" key, and to my surprise, the screen went dark, then lit up albeit blank. After a while, I saw the dotted circle, followed by the "please wait"... Next thing I saw was the login screen and pronto, I logged in. Now with his guidance, I was able to switch the hard drive to another system where I installed windows 11pro. The initial OS was windows 10pro. After swapping back the HDD to the HP, I saw the HP logo briefly on the boot screen. Mind you, the screen on booting no longer showed anything like esc or f2 options to get into BIOS or boot options. Even now I have done a clean install, the screen went glitchy briefly on restart before finishing the boot sequence properly. I will keep you guys updated as soon as I am done with the windows update processes online. Special thanks to Fixitng, who gave me potential troubleshooting directions as early as 6am on Thursday too.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ghester: 11:34pm On Sep 30
Advice Needed ✋
I have had my current laptopfor 5 months When it suddenly spoiled.
I've been quoted N70k to repair it. That is to change the motherboard.
I bought the laptop for just under N160k. Its nothing fancy, a HP elitebook folio. The battery lasts, and i had no problem with it.

Im wondering if i should spend N70k to replace this laptop motherboard... or I can spend a bit more on a new laptop. I have N170k on budget
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:54am On Oct 01
Arthaus:
I want to express my profound gratitude to Udemzyudex, for his kind assistance, despite being choked up with work, and I can truly affirm that he is a technician's technician. Despite doing his best regardingmy ZBOOK complaint, he went as far as flashing the BIOS chip and when it seems like the problem persisted, he sadly told me that we were out of options. Now to the good news, having seen him at CV, Ikeja on Friday, my mind was restlessand by Saturday, I had this prodding to boot the system. When I did, it still showed same glitchy screen as usual
which had also shown after the BIOS flashing. After few seconds, I just intuitively pressed the "enter" key, and to my surprise, the screen went dark, then lit up albeit blank. After a while, I saw the dotted circle, followed by the "please wait"... Next thing I saw was the login screen and pronto, I logged in. Now with his guidance, I was able to switch the hard drive to another system where I installed windows 11pro. The initial OS was windows 10pro. After swapping back the HDD to the HP, I saw the HP logo briefly on the boot screen. Mind you, the screen on booting no longer showed anything like esc or f2 options to get into BIOS or boot options. Even now I have done a clean install, the screen went glitchy briefly on restart before finishing the boot sequence properly. I will keep you guys updated as soon as I am done with the windows update processes online. Special thanks to Fixitng, who gave me potential troubleshooting directions as early as 6am on Thursday too.

Thanks I appreciate, pls keep us posted on the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:55am On Oct 01
Ghester:
Advice Needed ✋
I have had my current laptopfor 5 months When it suddenly spoiled.
I've been quoted N70k to repair it. That is to change the motherboard.
I bought the laptop for just under N160k. Its nothing fancy, a HP elitebook folio. The battery lasts, and i had no problem with it.

Im wondering if i should spend N70k to replace this laptop motherboard... or I can spend a bit more on a new laptop. I have N170k on budget

Hp Elitebook folio what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.