Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,787 members, 7,921,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:50 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1318136 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (1230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2011
www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4125509&docname=c00817650">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4125509&docname=c00817650

Does the charger came with the laptop ?

Is this a universal charger ?

Click start type in run

and put devmgmt.msc

click the + sign for battery

any yellow sign in there

If still no joy after you have followed all the

above instructions mostly you need a battery

And make sure you check laptop manufacturer website for

anyknown issues/FAQ/update
Follw the instructions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Blueray: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2011
Hi, my laptop hard disk report almost full but I cann't really see what has filled the disk space. I have done disk clean-up and those can of stuff that comes with WINDOWS but no success. Agian, my Help and Support platform is completly missing. Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oneda(m): 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
my DELL laptop request bios password which i lost pls help me sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2011
oneda:

my DELL laptop request bios password which i lost pls help me sad

why put a password when your at remembering it ?

google you will find lots of infor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2011
Blueray:

Hi, my laptop hard disk report almost full but I cann't really see what has filled the disk space. I have done disk clean-up and those can of stuff that comes with WINDOWS but no success. Agian, my Help and Support platform is completly missing. Please help.

the question is how big is your harddrive and do you have lots of movies and other documents
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2011
Ishilove:

Hi guys. Today i plugged in my laptop,an hp mini to charge. Later i wanted do some work on it so i transferred the system to another location,plugged it to charge,switched it on and started work. Shortly after i noticed that the charging indicator was blinking,i thot it wasnt properly connected so i unplugged the charger. The laptop switched off immediately. I tried to turn it on but it didnt turn on. It only switched on when i replugged it to the charger. The same thing keeps happening each time i unplug the charger. The battery icon on the system is sayin "plugged" but not charging". I have removed the battery and put it back,to no avail. Its still blinking and i cant switch it on unless its plugged.
I don't know what the problem is becos the laptop is relatively new {i bought it in April},i never let the battery to run down completly,it was charging normally b4 i changed its location to work on it and there was no power/NEPA fluctuation . . . HELP!!! *sob*
Your laptop must have experienced shock in one way or another. This might be ridiculous but if you shake it again, it might start working (if it's able to get back to its original state). I'd advise you to take it to someone who can simply loose and fit everything back again. It's not a big deal.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2011
Blueray:

Hmm, lol. Try to be specific please. What happened before now? Did it gradually get filled until now, what's the size of your hard disk? Which operating system are you using? Since when did you Help and Support platform start missing?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2011
hello guys and how are u all doin? big up to zimar and the rest of the crew. my lappy would not boot, wen i turn it on it shows ting windows and thats all the message i get. plz wat do i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2011
steve20114ril:

hello guys and how are u all doin? big up to zimar and the rest of the crew. my lappy would not boot, wen i turn it on it shows ting windows and thats all the message i get. plz wat do i do
What's your system Configuration and OS ? When did you start experiencing the problem?

Anyway,

1. put off your system.

2. Put it on and press the F8 key as the windows boot

3. At the Windows option screen choose Safe Mode and press enter.

3. Try and do system restore to the date before you encountered the problem.

And, report  back here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2011
skydancer:

Your laptop must have experienced shock in one way or another. This might be ridiculous but if you shake it again, it might start working (if it's able to get back to its original state). I'd advise you to take it to someone who can simply loose and fit everything back again. It's not a big deal.

User has replied to diagnostics on the previous page.

Battery test failed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

the question is how big is your harddrive and do you have lots of movies and other documents

What's laptop make and model, for example HP DV6000 Windows Vista/XP

Click my computer and compare the picture below.

Is this a C or D recovery drive. Have you setup a backup before

and where did you instruct to backup to for example external drive

or internal laptop hard drive

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aliraza167: 1:15am On Aug 02, 2011
till now my computer has no trouble yet. please ask me your computer problem,
SEO packages
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nzebaba: 11:08am On Aug 02, 2011
Please help! What do i do to browse free wit my laptop am a new user please help my email nzebaba at hotmail dot com. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2011
Nzebaba:

Please help! What do i do to browse free wit my laptop am a new user please help my email nzebaba at hotmail dot com. Thanks

for free it means you either poaching someone's internet or getting it from a free wifi zone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sanmy(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2011
pls can someone help with a step by step guide on how to share wireless connection using izap, plz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
@zim @deji @skydancer

I'm having issues connecting Blackberry to my laptop, I've installed the Blackberry Desktop software and the USB and Modem drivers but my pc STILL doesn't detect it. sad Please help me sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2011
v3:

@zim @deji @skydancer

I'm having issues connecting Blackberry to my laptop, I've installed the Blackberry Desktop software and the USB and Modem drivers but my pc STILL doesn't detect it. sad Please help me sad

lets make things clear connecting do you mean accesing files in the phone/card or connecting to the net using your phone ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 03, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

lets make things clear connecting do you mean accesing files in the phone/card or connecting to the net using your phone ?
Check if your ports are working fine. Then make sure you are using a genuine data cable meant for your Blackberry phone and try to connect again. If you are still experiencing the same problem it means you have to do your Windows update before going about anything else.

However, don't forget to scan your system for virus and malware.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2011
Here's a clearer picture

My USB cable works when i connect the blackberry to another laptop but doesn't work on mine. Now, i've swapped usb cables and tried them on my laptop but that STILL doesn't solve the problem.

I thought it was a port problem so i tried connection other usb supported devices and they work! angry

I don't know why my laptop doesn't recognise my blackberry when it's plugged via usb sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
v3:

Here's a clearer picture

My USB cable works when i connect the blackberry to another laptop but doesn't work on mine. Now, i've swapped usb cables and tried them on my laptop but that STILL doesn't solve the problem.

I thought it was a port problem so i tried connection other usb supported devices and they work! angry

I don't know why my laptop doesn't recognise my blackberry when it's plugged via usb sad

Click start  run type in devmgmt.msc click + universal serial bus controller

Any yellow sign.  I guess this Windows XP not Vista. Click the following link to

learn more about fixing the known issue http://blackberry-report.com/enable-charging-with-usb-driver-for-blackberry/

scrool down to find the[b] Install RIM USB Driver Only (for charging) on WXP [/b]  08-Jan-2007 08:37 193K   (Use the /s switch for a silent install)

Also work Vista windows 7

How Others Have Corrected USB Problems

I scoured (searched) a number of popular BlackBerry forums to see what USB problems have been reported and how they were fixed. Here is a summary of what (little) I found

BlackBerry detected by computer but not recognized by computer Uninstalled Desktop Manager. Reinstalled older version of Desktop Manager without Roxio Media Manager.

What probably worked here was actually uninstalling the USB device driver (along with DM) and reinstalling a different version of the driver.
Computer detected and recognized BlackBerry but Desktop Manager reported “no device connected.” Reinstalled USB driver.
Windows Vista could not recognize USB device. Did Windows Update with BlackBerry connected. Windows found an optional RIM driver update.

I’m not sure having the BlackBerry connected was important or not.
BlackBerry not detected by computer. Was using a USB hub. Removed the hub and connected the BlackBerry directly into the computer using only a USB cable.

BlackBerry not detected by computer. Replaced USB cable.
Can’t tell if the cable was bad or simply not connected securely.

BlackBerry was never detected or recognized. Nothing tried worked. Returned BlackBerry and had it replaced under warranty.
We’ll never know for sure what was really wrong with this person’s phone.
USB was working fine before I put my Vista computer into standby, sleep, or hibernation, but not after I awakened the computer. Restarted computer.
This is a known Vista problem.
FUTURE I’ll try to keep adding solutions as I learn about them. Kelly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2011
@V3

If you are using Windows 7, please, do your Windows Update. Check if your system could install all the drivers meant for RIM. I am still thinking it is the Windows Update that's missing when you have all the right things(Genuine data cable, working port, virus-free system,etc).

What are you trying to transfer or synchronize with your BB? Are you trying to transfer them to your Memory card?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2011
@deji
I tried your solution, it didn't work for me. . sad sad
Here's a shot of the problematic hardware

@a4naija
I've tried updating and it just didn't work. .i don't know why that's happening sef sad

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
^^^^Okay
Uninstall those two drivers you circled on the image - right click and select uninstall and click "Scan for Device Changes"- the icon with monitor and search lens . If you couldn't update due to that  error message is because you didn't install the[b] chipset for your system[/b] (please, do that before installing other drivers by visiting your system maker website). And, restart your system and try to do your Windows update.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
v3:

@deji
I tried your solution, it didn't work for me. . sad sad
Here's a shot of the problematic hardware

@a4naija
I've tried updating and it just didn't work. .i don't know why that's happening sef sad

all4naija:

^^^^Okay
Uninstall those two drivers you circled on the image - right click and select uninstall and click "Scan for Device Changes"- the icon with monitor and search lend . If you couldn't update due to that  error message is because you didn't install the[b] chipset for your system[/b] (please, do that before installing other drivers by visiting your system maker website). And, restart your system and try to do your Windows update.

Follow my colleague advice and if still no joy.

Visit the link below.

Uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Software

Don't connect blackberry until you have install the desktop software then

install the RIM from the link posted earlier then connect the blackberry

Visit Blackberry technical support

Is this an HP machine

Make sure you visit

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB00125&sliceID=1&command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=KB00125

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 03, 2011
^^^^
CNF7047(webcam driver - you can uninstall your webcam as well).  To solve the culprit first of all install your system maker[b] Chipset[/b] before installing other drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifejilikja(m): 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2011
l brought a fairly used hp notebook and when l brought the system, the guy told me that system problem was only blue screen of death but after l brought the system it refused to on, it only shows some lights and no pix on the screen and goes off. I took it to a engr. and he told me it's motherboard. I told him to buy it from me and he told me 2k. Am confused please help. Reply via e mail to all4emeka@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifejilikja(m): 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2011
l brought a fairly used hp notebook and when l brought the system, the guy told me that system problem was only blue screen of death but after l brought the system it refused to on, it only shows some lights and no pix on the screen and goes off. I took it to a engr. and he told me it's motherboard. I told him to buy it from me and he told me 2k. Am confused please help. Reply via e mail to all4emeka@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ifejilikja(m): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2011
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by expensive007(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ifejilikja,how much did you buy d system, and what's the configuration?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by expensive007(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ifejilikja,how much did you buy d system, and what's the configuration?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
hello guys and how are u all doin? i once complained about my bluetooth being able to send to other devices but unable to receive. i went to the bluetooth settings and did what was said but to no avail, plz help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2011
Here's the latest shot after downgrading the chipset.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (1230) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.