Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,415 members, 7,891,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:42 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1302691 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2011
Valentinooo:

after scanning, it said two malware found, I removed it and restart the system and it didn't show "windows explorer is restarting again" thank you very much
Great! you're welcome. smiley

surveycash:

My keyboard does not respond when a green light below F10 turns on. I use onscreen. It responds occasionally. What should I do?
That should be the keyboard lock function. When it happens again next time, try holding FN + the Key that has light below

mac_yozo:

Who Can Help Crack Linux Root Account?

Apparently we lost the password to an old server and it runs on linux,,,i ve tried cracking it by entering from the single user mode from the LILO prompt but that didnt work, i ve also tried using rescue cds(knoppix) but it seems thts not working too, smbdy help.
First, you need to boot in rescue mode, then follow the following steps:

Boot: linux single

When you get the # prompt you will need to type passwd root to reset password:
# passwd

Reboot system:
# sync
# reboot

A more reliable way however will be to use a Ubuntu Live CD:

www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-reset-any-linux-password/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jobito: 8:40am On Jul 20, 2011
for tech info and updates visit techbase-info..com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2011
pls techies help me with uniblue registry booster 2011 activation key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by slimgeezy: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2011
Pls where can I download free e-books online?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chio: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2011
after changing my op to from Vista to windows 7 my labtop can not tranfer files through bloothtooth and can only receive files from only nokia phone tru blooth
my computer hp pavillion dv5 1153ei
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obijack: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2011
@all

Pls. is it possible to install windows operating system on a usb connected external harddrive ?

This is because my laptop does not recognise any hard drive i put on it.

The model is DELL INSPIRON 1150 that came with windows XP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2011
I use a hp cq laptop which is about ten months old. Before now the battery, when fully charged used to last about 1hr 45 mins. I noticed in the last five days however, that it barely last for 45 mins now, even after it is fully charged. What could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2011
Can i get a battery that could last for 4 hrs or more on my hp cq, and how much would it cost me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2011
Bereal247:

Can i get a battery that could last for 4 hrs or more on my hp cq, and how much would it cost me?
Yeah, you could get a 9hr-12hr oversized battery for your HP, costs about $50 from HP store.

Bereal247:

I use a hp cq laptop which is about ten months old. Before now the battery, when fully charged used to last about 1hr 45 mins. I noticed in the last five days however, that it barely last for 45 mins now, even after it is fully charged. What could be the problem? 
Normally this can happen when a hardware change has occured in your PC. This eve happens when you install Windows 7/Vista at times. So check for processor intensive applications on your PC. You could also do a scan to ensure that your PC is not infected. You can download Robosys Security Anti-Malware to scan your PC. See link in other post below

obijack:

@all

Pls. is it possible to install windows operating system on a usb connected external harddrive ?

This is because my laptop does not recognise any hard drive i put on it.

The model is DELL INSPIRON 1150 that came with windows XP

Technically no, the real question is: What exactly are you trying to do?

chio:

after changing my op to from Vista to windows 7 my labtop can not tranfer files through bloothtooth and can only receive files from only nokia phone tru blooth
It may be that you need to do a system update. Alternatively you can install a bluetooth bundle software. Try bluetooth stack or something similar.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2011
hello guys and how are u all doin? hope ur weekend was boko haram free as mine. i have this issue wif my lappy its a dell pc and the battery wuld not just charge, i tried getting a new battery and still face the same challenge. plz sum1 shd help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2011
steve20114ril:

hello guys and how are u all doin? hope your weekend was boko haram free as mine. i have this issue wif my lappy its a dell pc and the battery wuld not just charge, i tried getting a new battery and still face the same challenge. plz sum1 shd help me

It could also be the adapter.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
Bereal247:

A battery test is require to determine its condition.

Running HP Battery Check with HP Support Assistant installed:

Click Start
    Click HP Support Assistant
    Click Troubleshoot
    Click the Power, Thermal and Mechanical button
    From the Power tab, click HP Battery Check

If the options is not available visit their website

Visit HP website to download the award winning tool

www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Always follow on screen instructions

I provide computer repairs in my country and would be please to read a

facebook comment on your experience today
as this helps alot. please search for Deji Sunday

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
steve20114ril:

hello guys and how are u all doin? hope your weekend was boko haram free as mine. i have this issue wif my lappy its a dell pc and the battery wuld not just charge, i tried getting a new battery and still face the same challenge. plz sum1 shd help me

what's the make and model of  your laptop ? for example Dell 1525 windows Vista

Here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause, connect battery and charger

Restart laptop and keep pressing F2 for Bios setup utility go to power management

Check to make sure there's a battery image with status[b] not installed[/b]

or not able to determine battery type. Also look out for not able to determine

ac adaptor type

Like my colleague denzel has advised try and change the charger and make sure is genuine type.

Dell did this to prevent unauthorized usage of any other charger apart from theirs.

Check to make sure battery clicks in properly and not seating out got to seat properly in the compartment

Please assist by leaving a comment on facebook regardless of the outcome.

Good luck with your diagnostics

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chio: 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
Quote from: chio on July 23, 2011, 09:01 AM
It may be that you need to do a system update. Alternatively you can install a bluetooth bundle software. Try bluetooth stack or something similar.

HELLO I HAVE TRIED DOWNLOADED THE BLUETOOTH STACK BUT IT DID NOT RUN HOW DO I DO A SYSTEM UPDATE OR HOW DO I GET A BLUETOOH BUNDLE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2011
Pls guys, I copied a movie from a CD to my system some times ago and have been playing it since then, but try playing it yesterday, to my suprise it's telling me that window can't open file. I also notice that an extension of .DAT has been added to it. I decide to copy another but it still can't play. Pls help o
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
Pls guys, I copied a movie from a CD to my system some times ago and have been playing it since then, but try playing it  yesterday, to my suprise it's telling me that window can't open file. I also notice that an extension of .DAT has been added to it. I decide to copy another but it still can't play. Pls help o
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okaakoko(m): 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
My toshiba laptop battery problem is simillar to the one shared above. At first my battery lasts for more than one hour, I later discover that my laptop shut down at arround 40% later it was 70% and now, it shut down at 90-95% about 5-10 minutes duration. What could be the cause of this problem, or does that means the battery has expired or that the battery is no longer good? Please help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
Valentinooo:

Pls guys, I copied a movie from a CD to my system some times ago and have been playing it since then, but try playing it  yesterday, to my suprise it's telling me that window can't open file. I also notice that an extension of .DAT has been added to it. I decide to copy another but it still can't play. Pls help o  
Scan your system for virus and malware, they could be the cause. Then download and install VLC player becuase some players may need codec extentions to play such files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kenoxx(m): 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2011
hi skydancer! pls how do i remove a password frm my laptop? i gave 2 a friend to use and he used another password as the security and he couldnt remember the passwod again. i tried formatting the system but the password use to come immediately i switch the laptop on. it is really distubing and the laptop is useless now.
thanks. i will prefer the reply into my email(kenoxever@yaho.com)
meanwhile can u also send a software or anything i can use to update the VGA of my dell PC?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zickyo(m): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2011
I m using compaq n windows 7 OS (64-bit) , processor - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU, My wifi kinda stopped workin long ago, I tried downloading wifi drives,but still nothing changed, I have to connect internet cable b4 I can browse n dis is not cool as I can't carry this cable around everywhere I go, how can I fix it pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
zickyo:

I m using compaq n windows 7 OS (64-bit) , processor - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU, My wifi kinda stopped workin long ago, I tried downloading wifi drives,but still nothing changed, I have to connect internet cable b4 I can browse n dis is not cool as I can't carry this cable around everywhere I go, how can I fix it pls?

Does it show connected on the taskbar? On Windows 7, you can just right click on wireless signal button and troubleshoot problems, it will automatically fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zickyo(m): 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
denzel2009:

Does it show connected on the taskbar? On Windows 7, you can just right click on wireless signal button and troubleshoot problems, it will automatically fix it.
It does even see available wifis, and when I try to troubleshoot it tells me - The wireless adapter is experiencing a problem sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ok cool, try this fix:

Go to start; type cmd to go to command line

netsh winsock reset catalog  (press enter)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit  (press enter)

reboot your pc

these commands will reset your winsock and tcp/ip stack

Fingers crossed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okaakoko(m): 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
please, I have this problem again. I installed winning eleven 9 on my laptop, using the cracking method. After the instalation, its displaying black screen (no pictures) but the voice is ok. Please is there anything I can do to make it display picture?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
am back have been offline due to moving houses
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 8:40am On Jul 27, 2011
Okaakoko:

please, I have this problem again. I installed winning eleven 9 on my laptop, using the cracking method. After the instalation, its displaying black screen (no pictures) but the voice is ok. Please is there anything I can do to make it display picture?
It's possibly your laptop resolution or a bad crack. Check both
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2011
zickyo:

I m using compaq n windows 7 OS (64-bit) , processor - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU,  My wifi kinda stopped workin long ago, I tried downloading wifi drives,but still nothing changed,  I have to connect internet cable b4 I can browse n dis is not cool as I can't carry this cable around everywhere I go,  how can I fix it pls?

denzel2009:

Ok cool, try this fix:

Go to start; type cmd to go to command line

netsh winsock reset catalog  (press enter)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit  (press enter)

reboot your pc

these commands will reset your winsock and tcp/ip stack

Fingers crossed.

The above diagnostics provided by denzel should resolve the problem. The troubleshooting wizards isn't that accurate

and would not rely on it. If the adaptor is having problems it will not detect available wireless networks ,

What model is the Compaq for example, Compaq presario CQ60/61. Have you installed any update

Do you have norton security installed ? when was the last it works ok. switch off your router modem for 5 minutes

click start and type in network and sharing centre where is the green line coming from.

on the left click manage wireless networks and remove all the networks on the list nothing left

Click start type in devmgmt.msc click continue click network adaptors and right click on your wireless adaptor

then uninstall restart your laptop and router modem then try connecting to your network have your network password ready if any

Alternatively We can provide remote assistance as our connection is more faster.

If you have yahoo messenger and online now through the cable connection

we can make a start as free now

Let us know then we provide you with one where I will see your screen and attempt to fix the problems

We provide a local laptop repairs and would like a comment on your experience today

If have been of any help in one way or the other please comment on facebook by

searching for dejisunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2011
Deji, I think you you should put your facebook link on your signature.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1227) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.