Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,583 members, 7,929,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:14 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1321873 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xionez(m): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2011
I want to upgrade from Vista Home to Win 7 home but i am not sure whether my drivers will be compatible with Win7. Im using HP DV6000t and i just was the process to be like i just bought a new lappy with all drivers working.
To cut story short, what is it like upgrading from Vista to Win7 especially using specs like 1.66GHz processor, 2G RAM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2011
Xionez:

I want to upgrade from Vista Home to Win 7 home but i am not sure whether my drivers will be compatible with Win7. Im using HP DV6000t and i just was the process to be like i just bought a new lappy with all drivers working.
To cut story short, what is it like upgrading from Vista to Win7 especially using specs like 1.66GHz processor, 2G RAM
You can easily upgrade from vista home to windows 7 home. Most drivers with vista are compatible with 7. Download the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to check if you'll have problems.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2011
somebody help me o,,,,,,, my TOSHIBA intel celeron M don crash ooooooo. I install avast antivirus on it,after the install i off the system, so when i want to use it i put it on but to my greatest surprise it logs off itself. I mean if u switch it on,it will load and later logoff itself. Pls what can i do to make my laptop come back to life
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Teeneyo(m): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2011
When u restart ur system,try n go to safe mode,from the safe mode,try and uninstall the antivirus,then restart the system.if the problem persist,format then
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:52am On Aug 22, 2011
Bayo igbekele:

somebody help me o,,,,,,, my TOSHIBA intel celeron M don crash ooooooo. I install avast antivirus on it,after the install i off the system, so when i want to use it i put it on but to my greatest surprise it logs off itself. I mean if u switch it on,it will load and later logoff itself. Pls what can i do to make my laptop come back to life
What's the operating system on the computer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2011
window XP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2011
Bayo igbekele:

window XP

Ok, switch it off totally by holding down the off/on button for about 10 secs. Switch it back on and start pressing F8 key continuously until you get to safemode. When in safemode, scroll down to Last Known good configuration and press ENTER. That should sort your problem out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2011
I need ethernet controller for my hp dv9000 window vista laptop but when i got to hp site i couldnt see anything about ethernet controller , i could only see on wireless, no LAN.i dont know which one to download and install ethernet controller for me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 10:32am On Aug 22, 2011
i did it but stil thesame, Pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2011
i did it but stil thesame, Pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cisse7575(m): 11:45am On Aug 22, 2011
denzel2009:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Please dense, my avast continue telling me that it will expire in less than 30 days, and it minus a day everyday, what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:56am On Aug 22, 2011
Kay-baba:

I need ethernet controller for my hp dv9000 window vista laptop but when i got to hp site i couldnt see anything about ethernet controller , i could only see on wireless, no LAN.i dont know which one to download and install ethernet controller for me

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3263330#N441">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3263330#N441
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2011
cisse7575:

Please dense, my avast continue telling me that it will expire in less than 30 days, and it minus a day everyday, what can I do?
I'm not dense dammit!

Bayo igbekele:

i did it but stil thesame,  Pls help me

Both of you should download this

Cisse, after installing it(very easy), you go to tools and highlight any version of avast you see listed and click run uninstaller on top right hand corner.Restart your system  and reinstall the avast link I sent earlier.

Mr Igbekele, after installing it (very easy), you go to tools and click system restore on the top left. This will give you dates to roll back to. You can pick about a week to the incident.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mukina2: 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2011
cisse7575:

denzel2009:

I'm not dense dammit!

grin grin grin grin grin my belle oh grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
mukina2:

grin grin grin grin grin my belle oh grin grin grin

If I catch you grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
pls get me right, I can't access the startmenu. If i on the laptop it will boot,after booting it will ask me to login after loggining,instead to show the startup menu it will log me off again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2011
Bayo igbekele:

pls get me right, I can't access the startmenu. If i on the laptop it will boot,after booting it will ask me to login after loggining,instead to show the startup menu it will log me off again

did you go through the safemode?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunde300us(m): 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2011
Hi guys,
Anytime i start my laptop it comes up with a prompt on the bios page that SYSTEM MEMORY HAS BEEN CHANGED, and later when it finish booting up and you do a right click you get as part of the option CMD /SHELL which suggest to me that something has changed on the registry or a virus issue.

Anyone with a useful suggestion should please let me know.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
I see the techies have ignored my question. Tis all good smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:55am On Aug 23, 2011
v3:

I see the techies have ignored my question. Tis all good smiley

which question is that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 11:46am On Aug 23, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

which question is that
Please refer to the previous page sir. Thank you sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Deyoungsanetor: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
pls guys help me,my zinox laptop is having problem.my brother installed software nd after instalin it display restart system he whent to restart d system.Now after that he boot on the system,the system wil boot on but wil never start up,it wil show windowXP and turn 2 black.pls help me guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^
Restart your system and immediately press F8 and select safe mode from the option screen. At the safe mode do a syetm restore. If you don' t have system restore then look for the software in your control panel install/add [/b]and[b] unistall it. Restart you system.

Return back with you result for more help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
i can not access my control panel, if the system start,it will logoff immediately and if i tried the safemode but still desame.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^
Okay put the system off. Disconnect the power from the main and remove the battery. Depress the power button holding it down for about 15 seconds. Reconnect back what you disconnect and repeat the step I gave to you previously. If you still experience the same problem that means you have to do new installation.

Anyway report back with you result first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Bayo Igbikele

Have you checked if one of your RAMS is failing?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
not at all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^
If you have your installation CD try to do repair with it. Probably your registry has be corrupted!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
Bayo igbekele:

i can not access my control panel, if the system start,it will logoff immediately and if i tried the safemode but still desame.

What's make and model of your computer for exampple Acer 5315 Windows XP

Restart machine keep pressing F8 selecrt disable automatic restart on system failure

press enter and put your password. if it restart let it do so and lookout for any erros or

blue screen. If no joy restart f8 select last known good configuration then press enter to test
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2011
Deyoungsanetor:

pls guys help me,my zinox laptop is having problem.my brother installed software nd after instalin it display restart system he whent to restart d system.Now after that he boot on the system,the system wil boot on but wil never start up,it wil show windowXP and turn 2 black.pls help me guys

Turn off computer and disconnect any external device
usb printer fax machine or any other pheripherals such

as sd card. check to make sure no CD DVD in your drive.

We're having just the computer without any external device

attached. does the sceen have a flashing cursor such as -

If no joy restart and press f2 for bios or look on the screen

for which key to press to enter the bios

if you get to bios we can rule out memory as the main cause
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iknow4real: 1:10am On Aug 24, 2011
@Bayo igbekele

Your Computer most likely been infected and the virus has edited your task bar.ini and deleted Start Menu.

Solution: Backup and Format fast before you lose more.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:42am On Aug 24, 2011
Bayo igbekele:

Your userinit file is missing or corrupt. You simply need to repair it and your system will be running smoothly once again. To repair this, you can boot your system with xp cd and access it through recovery console. Then extract userinit.exe into your system32 dir.
Alternatively you can simply access your hard disk from another PC with your same OS and copy the file userinit.exe to your system32 dir.
Or simply install a new os on a different folder of your hdd. And copy the damn userinit.exe to the system32 of your faulty os.

@all4naija. I like your reply, keep up the good work smiley I was stunned when I saw iknow4real or whatever's reply. shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (1231) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.