Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,708 members, 7,965,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 06:41 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1337660 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oluwagbami(m): 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2012
this is a picture of the laptop in question.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2012
oluwagbami:

whats the point just get another pc
that could be as a last resort if i couldn't get the motherboard, i intend changing the motherboard because it has started showing signs of packing up soonest. Thanks for your advice anyway.

tell us the signs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by germanyboy(f): 11:05am On Jan 14, 2012
my laptop is haveing board problem. It charge and each time i try swishing it on, it does not on.
Hp g600
how much is board?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MILAGROS: 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2012
When your computer issues makes you feel that everything is all screwed up, rather than wasting time in worrying and go for the sure way to unscrew it- Live computer help. No matter what your issue is, the tech experts can provide effective diagnosing and fixing solution for the issues.  They can also promptly optimize your system drivers and software and even upgrade your Operating system.
The technical support providers are adept in fortifying your system with latest and most suitable antivirus and firewall software programs. They can wave off compatibility issues if any and let you surf smoothly through the internet. The tech experts are at your beck and call to lay off your worries and let your computer experience be hassle free.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by germanyboy(f): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2012
okay were is your office located, and how much is d board.hp g600 wide screen.
And your location.
Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samosky2012(m): 7:25am On Jan 16, 2012
Pls i am using a foxconn pc with windows xp and i want to change my OS to windows 7 but how will i get the drivers for my foxconn motherboard? The drivers i have works for windows xp. Any help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akole(m): 10:57am On Jan 16, 2012
Thankyou so much for a platform such as dis;pls i nid help with browsin on my laptop with my mtn blackberry as modem, its connecting And the kilobytes are reading but i can't seem to get any page I try to browse wat do i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2012
for mtn connection, mtn has kinda restricted their browsing connection using bb desktop manager, so u will have to configure it manually in phones and modems with initialization command
+cgdcont=1,"IP","web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net.com"
now configure new internet connection with these details:
username-web
password-web
dial no-*99#
apn-web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

better yet,look for mtn interface program that comes with their modems(fastlink) and goto to configurations,slect new and add the above settings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oluwagbami(m): 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
tell us the signs
1. concurrent power failure while in use.
2. system holdup (hanging).
3. usb and sound ports oftentimes fail while in use.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maclatunji: 9:42am On Jan 18, 2012
Hello, my computer is really giving me problems. It is a Toshiba Satellite L645D, the major problem I have with it is that anytime I connect it to the internet with my Multilinks modem and want to disconnect because the network is poor (at that moment) or because I want to stop browsing it just goes off and restarts.

The first signs of major problems started when standard browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera stopped working on it. I am now forced to use obscure browsers like Enigma browser and Slim browser. This happened before the new problem I described above- so experts in the house what do you think the problem is and how can it be solved?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maclatunji: 9:46am On Jan 18, 2012
In addition, can you help me with configuration for connecting my BB to the computer on Etisalat. I have done it but it before but it will only connect if there is credit on it for it to burn. I think one should be able to use his BIS connection on a laptop as well or that doesn't work?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2012
maclatunji:

Hello, my computer is really giving me problems. It is a Toshiba Satellite L645D, the major problem I have with it is that anytime I connect it to the internet with my Multilinks modem and want to disconnect because the network is poor (at that moment) or because I want to stop browsing it just goes off and restarts.

The first signs of major problems started when standard browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera stopped working on it. I am now forced to use obscure browsers like Enigma browser and Slim browser. This happened before the new problem I described above- so experts in the house what do you think the problem is and how can it be solved?

Have u scanned your system with an updated antivirus software recently?
Do you experience this problem when using another internet connection?
Do you experience other problems with other softwares in the computer?

Things I think you should do:
Scan your computer with an antivirus. (like norton or kaspersky)

Uninstall the firefox, internet explorer, chrome and opera browsers. Then reinstall them
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maclatunji: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
I have avast free antivirus on my system. I think it is not the best myself but I think un-installing it and installing a new antivirus might not be of any use if the system is already compromised. As for the browsers, I have tried un-installing and re-installing. It has failed though!

You can guide me regarding installing a decent anti-virus software that will work without formatting the system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2012
I'll recommend kaspersky internet security 2012 or norton 2012. You can download them online for free. You dont have to activate it, just download, install and scan your whole system.

1. After download, uninstall avast
2. Reboot, install kaspersky or norton
3. Reboot and scan

If the damage is much, i'll advice you to format your drive and reinstall a new OS, or if it isn't much you can cope with the damage.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2012
maclatunji:

Shut down the computer and restart into safe mode with networking by pressing F8 continuously as the computer boots up.

Your system would boot into a basic configuration with black background

Click on your browser and downdolad http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/download/35a361a111e161240e67802ab3026b15/

Follow the installation steps and do a full scan of your computer

It should detect, clean and give you an option to remove or quarantine the malwares.

Reboot your system normally and you should be fine.

Avast is good! No antivirus would safeguard you if you keep looking for trouble. Before clicking on a link, be sure you know what you are doing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maclatunji: 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2012
This seems like something that will work. I will try it tomorrow God-willing and report on progress, Thank you and God bless!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maclatunji: 9:18am On Jan 19, 2012
@denzel2009, guess what happens when I try to connect to the internet under safe mode with networking- there is no network reception. I used multilinks and etisalat wi-fi on Gaga android both failed. So, any new suggestions?

Thank you!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dagaro(m): 10:36am On Jan 19, 2012
Hello Skydancer,
Please i have problem with my Toshiba laptop keyboard it types wrong letter i.e if i type a it shows a* and if i type s it shows [sq. Please help!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:55am On Jan 19, 2012
maclatunji:

@denzel2009, guess what happens when I try to connect to the internet under safe mode with networking- there is no network reception. I used multilinks and etisalat wi-fi on Gaga android both failed. So, any new suggestions?

Thank you!

Try downloading and doing all the steps in normal mode. You might be lucky!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:41am On Jan 19, 2012
J12:

I'll recommend kaspersky internet security 2012 or norton 2012. You can download them online for free. You dont have to activate it, just download, install and scan your whole system.

1. After download, uninstall avast
2. Reboot, install kaspersky or norton
3. Reboot and scan

If the damage is much, i'll advice you to format your drive and reinstall a new OS, or if it isn't much you can cope with the damage.
:oen en!so how can u say he doesnt need to activate it before using, what u should have correctly said should have been, pls connect to the internet and ACTIVATE THE 30DAY FREE TRIAL LICENSE
correction 2:when you install any of the kaspersky products,its database update is subject to the release date of the software (after installation,checkk the database release,if its kav 2011,its database would be that month in 2010).so for the kis 2012,its db would be sometime earlier in 2012 because kaspersky releases its products on a future date ie kis 2012 was released in 2011, so its advisable to keep the antivirus up-to-date before scanning so you can detect viruses released after the release.
suggestion:a kaspersky antivirus (kav) is much lighter and user friendly than a kis.should the user miss a setting,the system may not run well and would become slow,
also,for a computer already infected,the best way is to scan the system from an a clean virus free system or using the rescue disc on startup, installing an antivirus on an already infected system is never effective as its like a thief is already resident in a house and watching out for the police that is just entering the building(the thief has better knowledge and control
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:46am On Jan 19, 2012
maclatunji:

Thank you!
in ur case,its over sabi thats the problem,most procedures described in this forum are not always complete or totally accurate, depending on the state of the problem,can 1decide whats best situable.let a professional handle some problems instead of asking every questions, when its being rectified and you are in attendance then and there u can ask questions and even learn better, there are some basics u must know before proceeding on step 2 or 3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NewALLYSON: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
Computers are a boon to modern human civilization. But as a coin has dual sides so is the computer, its benefits are as numerous as its issues. Computer repair is a regular affair for computer users as very often they encounter some or the other issue during the tenure of a particular computer system. The issues vary from being simple to critical and at times chronic.
You may encounter as many issues with your computer as the following ones and more:
Blue Screen Of Death or Blue Screen Of Doom
System start up issues
Printer won’t print
Scanner won’t scan
Mouse not scrolling well or cease to work
Keys of the Keyboard not working
Slow system startup issues
System shut down issues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by claybest(m): 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2012
pls i need help to get a laptop. . . . I just lost mine plz guy help me wit any type
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samosky2012(m): 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2012
Pls i installed windows 7 on my foxconn motheboard. Pls can anyone help me with the drivers like chipset,raid,audio etc. Pls tell how i can get it. I was using windows xp, so i am tired of that operating systen that why i changed. Thank you. How do i get a hard disk for my laptop. Pls drop ur tel number
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kbimz: 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2012
guy,
pls i formatted my laptop and reinstalled back windows 7(32 bits). though it came wit 64 bits, wot i noticed is dat some applications(dap.internet explorer, yahoo messenger etc) were not running again. it tells me d application has stopped working, i dint copy out my driver, i only downloaded some. my laptop is hp pavilion g6. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
Samosky2012:

Pls i installed windows 7 on my foxconn motheboard. Pls can anyone help me with the drivers like chipset,raid,audio etc. Pls tell how i can get it. I was using windows xp, so i am tired of that operating systen that why i changed. Thank you. How do i get a hard disk for my laptop. Pls drop your tel number
Firstly, you dont install OS on motherboards. Whats the model of your laptop? Windows 7 OS ships with baseline drivers to make your computer function after installation, then, you can optionally install specific hardware drivers if you wish.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
K_bimz:

guy,
pls i formatted my laptop and reinstalled back windows 7(32 bits). though it came wit 64 bits, wot i noticed is dat some applications(dap.internet explorer, yahoo messenger etc) were not running again. it tells me d application has stopped working, i dint copy out my driver, i only downloaded some. my laptop is hp pavilion g6. thanks

If you decide to install 32bit OS on a 64bit architecture, you have to stick to 32bit applications. You can't do what you like.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kbimz: 10:31am On Jan 20, 2012
@denzel2009, wot cn i do then to make ol ds applications work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:38am On Jan 20, 2012
Uninstall them and re-install the correct version suitable for 32bit.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kbimz: 10:46am On Jan 20, 2012
@denzel2009, are u now telling me that even avast is not an suitable application for a 32bits machine
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmxyl(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2012
@Poster, please can you help me in solving this problem I have with my PC-when you plug in a flash drive, if you go to my computer and double to open the file, it will open the search folder instead of opening the contents of the device that you clicked. How can this problem be resolved?

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (1234) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.