Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1295169 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
Pls my TOSHIBA is dead... I was usin it and it displace a blue screen wit white writings then it restart itself then it doesnt display anymore wit d coolin fan continous workin if switched on.... It doesnt display/show anytin on screen. Pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Robani: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
how do i make windows 7 genuine?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
slim147: Hello NL , my laptop won't on again after water had poured into it, it was working but malfunctioning since then, but after like 1 month, it won't charge or even power on anymore. Pls I need help badly. Its ACER Travel Mate.

bro next time make sure you open it and dry it before using it.....
now it has affected the board...just take it to an engineer to open and clean with spirit or fuel then dry it and see
hope its not that damaged
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
Bayo igbekele: Pls my TOSHIBA is dead... I was usin it and it displace a blue screen wit white writings then it restart itself then it doesnt display anymore wit d coolin fan continous workin if switched on.... It doesnt display/show anytin on screen. Pls help me

its either a hardware malfunctioned or virus.....i will advice to try some options
1. if you can check the RAM...open the RAM if there are two (2) remove one and try if noting put it back and remove the other
2. remove the battery and charger..hold down the power botton for like 60seconds...release it and put back the battery
goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
Robani: how do i make windows 7 genuine?
buy original Windows 7 CD grin grin grin grin grin
or check online for one of those Windows 7 activator cracks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
adewasco2k:
buy original Windows 7 CD grin grin grin grin grin
or check online for one of those Windows 7 activator cracks
the activator crack will destroy your computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
adewasco2k:

its either a hardware malfunctioned or virus.....i will advice to try some options
1. if you can check the RAM...open the RAM if there are two (2) remove one and try if noting put it back and remove the other
2. remove the battery and charger..hold down the power botton for like 60seconds...release it and put back the battery
goodluck

I would suggest that you follow step 2 and ignore step 1.
It is not advisable for you to open your computer, leave it
for the pro to do.

white writting is it a flashing cursor or an error message ?

If you're able to get up and running keep pressing f8 and select
disable automatic restart on system failure and tell us what the
error message is e.g. 0x000000 dumping physical memory

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
Robani: how do i make windows 7 genuine?

It is advisable to buy a copy of windows 7 and install it
with the product key that come with it, you could also
take to a pro/shop for installation. If you decided to bypass
it by using crack, windows update will install WGA and will detect
that it was crack and you would not be ablel to install windows
update any longer and security essential and the desktop would turn black

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinguche: 7:22am On Jul 04, 2012
Please help me i've been trying to instal a sharp printer driver on my system but it refused with an error message that my operating system is not supported. The driver is for windows me,xp,2000,vista n 98 while am running win 7. Some 1 told me win 7 is high and so should be able to run d driver pls help me!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 9:49am On Jul 04, 2012
deji2009:

I would suggest that you follow step 2 and ignore step 1.
It is not advisable for you to open your computer, leave it
for the pro to do.

white writting is it a flashing cursor or an error message ?

If you're able to get up and running keep pressing f8 and select
disable automatic restart on system failure and tell us what the
error message is e.g. 0x000000 dumping physical memory
the problem is that it doesnt display.... If i put it on, it wil nt show anytin on d screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2012
Bayo igbekele:
the problem is that it doesnt display.... If i put it on, it wil nt show anytin on d screen

Have you followed adewasco2k step 2, check previous post.
if you have and still no joy take it to a repair centre.
We have carried out 1st and 2nd line diagnostics and dont think
there's anymore that we can do. The laptop need opening for
further test and that cannot be done on the internet, take it to a
technician to examine. if the laptop displayed blank screen and
you can see lights in the background then get back to us if just black
dark nothint at all then visist a technician.

dont waste your precious time thats the fact take it to a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2012
kinguche: Please help me i've been trying to instal a sharp printer driver on my system but it refused with an error message that my operating system is not supported. The driver is for windows me,xp,2000,vista n 98 while am running win 7. Some 1 told me win 7 is high and so should be able to run d driver pls help me!!!

Some 1 told me win 7 is high

The drivers you're runnnings is not
compatible with your operating system.
either you get a new printer or install
it on computer with windows me,xp,2000,vista
and windows 98. what's the printer model number
e.g.sharp T400
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teetee2(f): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
Please what can we do? A sister brought Ipad 2 32 OR SO AND WAS SOLD TO SOMEBODY, WHEN IT WAS OPENED WE REALISED IT DOESN'T USING SIM CARD. THE BUYER WANTS HIS MONEY BACK BUT THE SELLER SAID IT HAS BEEN OPENED, THERE IS NO WAY TO RETURN IT BECAUSE IT WILL BE CATEGORISED USED IPAD. PLEASE IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO MAKE IT WORKING. THANKS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
teetee2: Please what can we do? A sister brought Ipad 2 32 OR SO AND WAS SOLD TO SOMEBODY, WHEN IT WAS OPENED WE REALISED IT DOESN'T USING SIM CARD. THE BUYER WANTS HIS MONEY BACK BUT THE SELLER SAID IT HAS BEEN OPENED, THERE IS NO WAY TO RETURN IT BECAUSE IT WILL BE CATEGORISED USED IPAD. PLEASE IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO MAKE IT WORKING. THANKS

sorry bro next time she should find out well before buying stuffs
The only way is to install MyWi Mobile Hotspot Application on the iPad and she can tether it with a browsing phone preferably an Iphone grin grin grin
LESSON
IPAD 3G uses sim card no wireless
IPAD IFI has wireless
IPAD 3G + WIFI both sim and wireless
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ensodev(m): 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
i have a p4 desktop, if i turn it on the display is always blank and the powerpack is working fine, pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
ensodev: i have a p4 desktop, if i turn it on the display is always blank and the powerpack is working fine, pls help me
RAM or Processor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sasview: 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
please, my HP pavilion D6000 laptop does not detect dvd drive any longer, so I decide to format the system but the problem persist please what else can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinguche: 1:21am On Jul 05, 2012
The sharp printer is AL-2040......it is running on another laptop with win 7 starter os while my system is win 7 home premium os..........can i install a lower version os like xp or vista?? Also can i run two os in my system??............Thanks in Advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
sasview: please, my HP pavilion D6000 laptop does not detect dvd drive any longer, so I decide to format the system but the problem persist please what else can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

was windows vist/xp setup cd dvd inserted into the laptop to do the format ?

Was the built in F11 system recovery used at start up ?

when was the last time the laptop read cd's ?

Hre your diagnostics

click start, computer, can you see cd dvd drive ?

click start, accessories, clicl run, and type in devmgmt.msc look for cd dvd click
the + sign what does it says underneath the cd dvd ?

what's your laptop full model number ? e.g. HP Pavilion D6000 CTO

Any yellow signs ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
kinguche: The sharp printer is AL-2040......it is running on another laptop with win 7 starter os while my system is win 7 home premium os..........can i install a lower version os like xp or vista?? Also can i run two os in my system??............Thanks in Advance.

I would advice you to install the driver for the vista version and see what happened.
My findings revealed that there's no windows 7 driver for this printer but
need to contact sharp tec support if still no joy.

http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs/ContactUsProductSupport.aspx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nerdy(m): 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
Pls how much will it cost me to get a pair of 512mb RAM for my Pentium IV desktop?Pls how much will it cost me to get a pair of 512mb RAM for my Pentium IV desktop?Pls how much will it cost me to get a pair of 512mb RAM for my Pentium IV desktop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Phillfree(m): 9:25am On Jul 06, 2012
I installed avira antivirus on my laptopan after scanning the system's not starting up properly again. It displays a blank desktop and there re some documents on it I can't afford to miss, what do I do? Thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jiggar(m): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2012
Pls how much is sata hdd 500g
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 11:03am On Jul 06, 2012
Nerdy: Pls how much will it cost me to get a pair of 512mb RAM for my Pentium IV desktop?Pls how much will it cost me to get a pair of 512mb RAM for my Pentium IV desktop?Pls how much will it cost me to get a pair of 512mb RAM for my Pentium IV desktop?

jiggar: Pls how much is sata hdd 500g

This is not computer village.

Phillfree: I installed avira antivirus on my laptopan after scanning the system's not starting up properly again. It displays a blank desktop and there re some documents on it I can't afford to miss, what do I do? Thanx

Where did you get your avira from? did you remove the previous anti-virus on the computer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanrywalex(m): 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
Could any one help me with a place i can toshiba sattelite E105-S1402 Battery.battery number (PA3672U-1BRS)THE laptop picture is attached.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
lanrywalex: Could any one help me with a place i can toshiba sattelite E105-S1402 Battery.battery number (PA3672U-1BRS)THE laptop picture is attached.

Computer village
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xdollar1: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
can sm1 pls hlp me ma laptop (dell d600 pm) jst develop a prblm since i formatd it wit window vista. If i try to instal an applicatn d laptop wil not recognise d software and i try d same software in anoda laptop it instald. 2day i even try 2 format it wit window xp service pack 2 and window xp it didn't format. I Wil b glad if i have d solution 2dis prblm cus is really aching me..

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:30am On Jul 07, 2012
lanrywalex: Could any one help me with a place i can toshiba sattelite E105-S1402 Battery.battery number (PA3672U-1BRS)THE laptop picture is attached.
1stly ur location we could help U get the Battery
xdollar1: can sm1 pls hlp me ma laptop (dell d600 pm) jst develop a prblm since i formatd it wit window vista. If i try to instal an applicatn d laptop wil not recognise d software and i try d same software in anoda laptop it instald. 2day i even try 2 format it wit window xp service pack 2 and window xp it didn't format. I Wil b glad if i have d solution 2dis prblm cus is really aching me..
Brother, is a sign that ur Hard Drive Bad but try window 7 installation on it 1st.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:36am On Jul 07, 2012
Phillfree: I installed avira antivirus on my laptopan after scanning the system's not starting up properly again. It displays a blank desktop and there re some documents on it I can't afford to miss, what do I do? Thanx
1stly Uninstall d anti virus & c if d system will b ok, if it is then U make sure ur system meet d required specification for Avira 2 work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:52am On Jul 07, 2012
ensodev: i have a p4 desktop, if i turn it on the display is always blank and the powerpack is working fine, pls help me
U can check d Processor that's d problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 7:01am On Jul 07, 2012
kinguche: Please help me i've been trying to instal a sharp printer driver on my system but it refused with an error message that my operating system is not supported. The driver is for windows me,xp,2000,vista n 98 while am running win 7. Some 1 told me win 7 is high and so should be able to run d driver pls help me!!!
U av said it all so just look 4 d driver that will work for window 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:08am On Jul 07, 2012
adetwin: 1stly Uninstall d anti virus & c if d system will b ok, if it is then U make sure ur system meet d required specification for Avira 2 work

what is the required specification for avira to work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (1226) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.