Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,301 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:18 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1300479 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 8:53am On Jul 12, 2012
I just want to find out whether a nairalander can trace you to back to your computer/mobile to access your files?

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:09am On Jul 12, 2012
kandiikane:

I just want to find out whether a nairalander can trace you to back to your computer/mobile to access your files?

Thanks.

Yes! now go and wear your top cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 9:37am On Jul 12, 2012
denzel2009:

Yes! now go and wear your top cheesy

Lol, please can anyone confirm this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 12, 2012
kandiikane:

Thanks.
Unless the person has direct access to your Internet Service Provider's information about you, I don't see how that's possible. ISP's are usually what provide the IPs that is the router address of your computer (not your home address) which routers use to send packet data to that computer. If anyone tries to locate you with that IP, they only get the location of your ISP, not your home address. That's why I said unless your ISP (eg MTN, GLO etc) gives them the info, then I don't see how they would know.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:05am On Jul 12, 2012
kandiikane:

Lol, please can anyone confirm this?

I am actually asking the question because of denzel.

You are making me paranoid denzel. tongue

We have met outside NL stop being paranoid. wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2012
denzel2009:

We have met outside NL stop being paranoid. wink

How? When? Where? I have never met anyone on NL.

@fellis, thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hackomania(m): 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
i corroborate @fellis answer to the question. It only traces back to the ISP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:29am On Jul 13, 2012
kandiikane:

Thanks.

Actually, it's quite possible but it depends on some factors and how skilled the person is, for instance, if ur ISP assigns u a static ip address instead of a dhcp assigned on, one can easily trace it back 2 u using a variety of means, eg hacking into ur ISP network and getting the info, or intercepting packets originating frm ur ip and maybe getting to sniff a username to a site (say maybe facebook), then researching the user account and getting all the info one wants on u. All in all, it's not a simple one way process but it's quite do-able if the person is quite skilled and has lots of patience.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 12:45am On Jul 13, 2012
Oh. undecided

Do you think denzel is capable of doing such?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 1:26am On Jul 13, 2012
kandiikane: Oh. undecided

Do you think denzel is capable of doing such?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 1:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Lol, I hate you sha. tongue

Can you just tell me the truth? undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gabriellasurest: 3:52am On Jul 13, 2012
I hav a hp dv 6000 after work for like 45 min and I shut down it won't come up again u will have to leave it for like 2hrs to cool down before it comes on again I hav done so many things like changing the processor, ram, the power switch, heating d board, washing the board disabling all device attached to the moder bord but yet nothing was diagnosed pls guy help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:53am On Jul 13, 2012
gabriellasurest: I hav a hp dv 6000 after work for like 45 min and I shut down it won't come up again u will have to leave it for like 2hrs to cool down before it comes on again I hav done so many things like changing the processor, ram, the power switch, heating d board, washing the board disabling all device attached to the moder bord but yet nothing was diagnosed pls guy help me.

my own question is why are you punishing yourself with such a machine, AND WASTING SO MUCH MONEY!!!!!!!

haba, the money you have spent will most likely suffice for anor perfectly working laptop even if its refurbished one!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:01am On Jul 13, 2012
gabriellasurest: I hav a hp dv 6000 after work for like 45 min and I shut down it won't come up again u will have to leave it for like 2hrs to cool down before it comes on again I hav done so many things like changing the processor, ram, the power switch, heating d board, washing the board disabling all device attached to the moder bord but yet nothing was diagnosed pls guy help me.

The fan/ heatsink is messed up and you have done more damages too.

4llerbuntu:

my own question is why are you punishing yourself with such a machine, AND WASTING SO MUCH MONEY!!!!!!!

haba, the money you have spent will most likely suffice for anor perfectly working laptop even if its refurbished one!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2012
What's da best software for un locking a glo modem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okgerald(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
Please where do I get an original battery and charger for my hp laptop in lagos please. I know computer village but to much fakes, am sure I can get an original there but where? And what's d price of these stuffs. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:04am On Jul 16, 2012
Same as post below
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:05am On Jul 16, 2012
Downloaded a patch to crack my IDM 6.11 which was detected as fake yesterday, ran it, didn't work and when I tried closing it, it wouldn't close so I tried using task manager to kill the process but got the error message "Task Manager has stopped working"

Now every time I try to kill a process with task manager I get the "Task Manager has stopped working" error message

I know my system has probably been infected and as I post I'm running a full system scan with Malwarebyte Antimalware but just in case that doesn't work, anyone has any ideas on how to fix this apart from doing a system restore?

I run a 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate OS by the way. . . .

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:42am On Jul 16, 2012
semid4lyfe: Downloaded a patch to crack my IDM 6.11 which was detected as fake yesterday, ran it, didn't work and when I tried closing it, it wouldn't close so I tried using task manager to kill the process but got the error message "Task Manager has stopped working"

Now every time I try to kill a process with task manager I get the "Task Manager has stopped working" error message

I know my system has probably been infected and as I post I'm running a full system scan with Malwarebyte Antimalware but just in case that doesn't work, anyone has any ideas on how to fix this apart from doing a system restore?

I run a 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate OS by the way. . . .

Make una no worry again. Malwarebytes Antimalware has fixed the problem cool grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oseh4ril: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
@ Skydancer, Please i'll need you to help me on how to reset windows vista password (can't login and forgot password)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolugar: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2012
@ok.gerald i've the original HP battery but presently am not in lagos
if you want the charger i can order it for you from US.
i.e if you're sure to pay me when the stuff arrives
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Meleke: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
I been havin a problem wit pc it jst 2 lauch coredraw12 nd in my pc we tell me dat de valid workspace file not found at the path specified, an invalid character was found in text content
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yk4u(m): 10:46am On Jul 19, 2012
can a laptop processor be changed from 1.8GHz to 2.3GHz?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 6:48am On Jul 20, 2012
plss help once my ststem loads windows a blue screen comes up and den restarts again wat can be d problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ideasroole: 8:40am On Jul 20, 2012
A friend's COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ56 laptop battery runs and discharges saved-up power when shut-down. What should he do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
HABRUZZY: plss help once my ststem loads windows a blue screen comes up and den restarts again wat can be d problem

Could be memory problem or any recent hardware you installed on your computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ideasroole: A friend's COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ56 laptop battery runs and discharges saved-up power when shut-down. What should he do?

basically the battery does not last longer, is that what you mean

if so, download hp compaq battery test. hp and compaq are the same
company go to google and type in hp battery test click it and
follow screen instructions

make sure charger is connected to mains and to laptop so the utility would test your battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ideasroole: A friend's COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ56 laptop battery runs and discharges saved-up power when shut-down. What should he do?

basically the battery does not last longer, is that what you mean

if so, download hp compaq battery test. hp and compaq are the same
company, go to google and type in hp battery test and click it
follow the on screen instructions

make sure charger is connected to mains and to laptop so the utility would test your battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ skywalker wat is d solution nwnpls for my system
Sky-walker:

Could be memory problem or any recent hardware you installed on your computer
@ skywalker wat is d solution nwnpls for my system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2012
HABRUZZY: @ skywalker wat is d solution nwnpls for my system@ skywalker wat is d solution nwnpls for my system

restart keep pressing f8 until you see advance boot option
select disable automatic restart on system failure
and press enter let's it restart and the blue screen
will stay still and give us the error code. e.g. ox000c
physical dump memory
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
so wat will i do nw

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (1226) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.