Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,740 members, 7,915,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:38 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1313424 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (1229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doggydot(m): 6:56am On Jul 27, 2012
Pls I need ur help,have been lookin for {virtual dj2.3} for d past 1year nw..or if u have anywere I can get it just tel me pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 7:56am On Jul 27, 2012
Kaysalas: hi guys, pls i av a problem wit my laptop,hp 630. I downloaded instaforex mt4 and realised it wasnt working so i deleted and downloaded again, yet d same tin. So i repeated d process but ds time once i click on d mt4 download link on d site my firefox browser begins to open multiple tabs like 200 tabs continuously in less than one minute. And i av to close d browser and start again.kindly proffer solutions abeg.thnks
guys una no respond to me ni?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2012
scan your PC for Virus. use malwarebyte. that's what i use and its free
Re-install Firefox

try the two and see if it works
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:33am On Jul 27, 2012
almaliki:

@ skywalker.....Yes u are right on point wit d diagnosis....at tymes it starts up quite normal but after a while the bluescreen appears n it attempts to restart....I have been trying to reformat the lappy and install XP on it but it does'nt recognise the hard disk drive even with the new one.....anyway will still keep you posted......thanks.
If you are sure the hard drive is good..then the problem you are having is a SATA NATIVE MODE..meaning,in your BIOS,check if the sata native mode is on.switch to OFF.similarly,you may see AHCI change it to IDE and save..try reloading XP..
2nd method..find a SLIP-STREAMED xp cd..(ie using NLite to integrate sata drivers into XP cd)its technical.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:58am On Jul 27, 2012
Kaysalas: hi guys, pls i av a problem wit my laptop,hp 630. I downloaded instaforex mt4 and realised it wasnt working so i deleted and downloaded again, yet d same tin. So i repeated d process but ds time once i click on d mt4 download link on d site my firefox browser begins to open multiple tabs like 200 tabs continuously in less than one minute. And i av to close d browser and start again.kindly proffer solutions abeg.thnks
You may have downloaded an ADWARE.also you don't just delete an installed program;u un-unstall it.you must have partially un-installed it and for adwares triggering the links to your mozilla.an ex is when you install IDM,automatically it opens up ur browser to their homepage or when u unistall,for some programs,it would redirect to homepage asking you comments for uninstalling.
Solution-reinstall d program then properly uninstall it from add/remove programs or use an UNINSTALLER.if symptoms persists,scan ur system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bxcode(m): 10:02am On Jul 27, 2012
Whats wrong with my internet explorer and firefox, each time i try to download videos, it will tell me Java not detected, even though my java is up to date... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2012
juliebest: My new laptop hp g60 notebook pc is not connecting to the internet. I bought a fairly used one. I don't know if its because the network is slow or something with the system. Network is workking in other computers. Help.
The first diagnosis is to check whether the network driver is installed.there are a lot of wannabes who wld only reformat and not reload or not reload the drivers properly..goto DEVICE MANAGER and check under network if the drivers were installed..call me 08061679732 for technical assist
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2012
timowale: i need a serial key for internet download manager software.please help!
Dude a patch is way better than the key..call me on 08061679732..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2012
Sky-walker:

I won't advice you to repair the charger. Buying a new one is better.
Although I have some1 that repairs mine but not worth d stress..instead make sure you buy original not china charger..most of u go for CHEAPER instead of BETTER cuz of price..besides,for the 1k charger u bought comes with a very light fake AC cable that becomes very hot and burns wen u use it..original tokunbo ac cable alone is 500(it a thick cable that is even FUSED)..so wen you get a surge,it stops at d fuse..
Call me for original tokunbo charger on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by musbikthadon: 10:23am On Jul 27, 2012
adetwin: it could b repairable if its going to b able too, then hope d charger u av been buyin its not d china type? We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT "ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT."
. Where can I get u? And how is d charger?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by musbikthadon: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2012
sameolg616:
Although I have some1 that repairs mine but not worth d stress..instead make sure you buy original not china charger..most of u go for CHEAPER instead of BETTER cuz of price..besides,for the 1k charger u bought comes with a very light fake AC cable that becomes very hot and burns wen u use it..original tokunbo ac cable alone is 500(it a thick cable that is even FUSED)..so wen you get a surge,it stops at d fuse..
Call me for original tokunbo charger on 08061679732

I will call u today!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:11am On Jul 27, 2012
musbik tha don: I will call u today!
Also,pls send d output ratings to me..check on d back of the charger..it would be written as 18.5V 3.5A..also,let me know the mouth of the connector..is it big mouth or small
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tizzie: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
Urgent help plsss,My System dooesn't detect CDs anymoreIt can't burnRip,copy,or play any CD,what can d problem be,somebody pls help me.thanks Hp-530
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
Tizzie: Urgent help plsss,My System dooesn't detect CDs anymoreIt can't burnRip,copy,or play any CD,what can d problem be,somebody pls help me.thanks Hp-530

is the CD-rom icon still showing when you click on "my computer"?
Also check to see if the driver for the CD rom has not been uninstalled

i have a feeling you might have a technician look at it for u as your cd-rom maybe faulty
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tizzie: 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
Sky-walker:

i have a feeling you might have a technician look at it for u as your cd-rom maybe faulty
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tizzie: 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
Sky-walker:

yeah it shows,I think it has to do with d lens, is getting a new lens xpensive??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolugar: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
SOS!!! my acer aspire is always "hanging" its been doing this for
months but nowadays its often lasting for upto 1min or more... when it hangs,
the harddisk light will remain steady... help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
tolugar: SOS!!! my acer aspire is always "hanging" its been doing this for
months but nowadays its often lasting for upto 1min or more... when it hangs,
the harddisk light will remain steady... help
Could be a number of things like your HD is starting to go bad in which case you should start backing up all your important data or could be that you HD is really fragmented in which case you should run the defragmenter.
Also you might need to run anti virus or anti malware because it could also be one of those bothering the computer.
Might also be the antivirus you have on the computer like e.g Norton 360 with all the features turned on. This uses a lot of resources

im sure there are other things it could be but these are things you should be able to address your self.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
Tizzie: yeah it shows,I think it has to do with d lens, is getting a new lens xpensive??
one this you could try is using a qtip with rubbing alchol to gently clean the lens or better yet go to the device manager and uninstall and reinstall the driver. if that doesn't work you should get a new disc drive. they are cheap
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
Tizzie: yeah it shows,I think it has to do with d lens, is getting a new lens xpensive??
Dont know about the lens but why not replace the cdrom itself?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tizzie: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
omega25red:

one this you could try is using a qtip with rubbing alchol to gently clean the lens or better yet go to the device manager and uninstall and reinstall the driver. if that doesn't work you should get a new disc drive. they are cheap
I dunnoe what a qtip is nd pls where cn I get a very good technician,who cn help me check it??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolugar: 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2012
omega25red: Could be a number of things like your HD is starting to go bad in which case you should start backing up all your important data or could be that you HD is really fragmented in which case you should run the defragmenter.
Also you might need to run anti virus or anti malware because it could also be one of those bothering the computer.
Might also be the antivirus you have on the computer like e.g Norton 360 with all the features turned on. This uses a lot of resources

im sure there are other things it could be but these are things you should be able to address your self.
thank dear, i'll check thorough
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
hello everyone. i have been trying to format my system but it tells me to format from a flash drive. the thing now is that i have to change the flash drive to a bootable device but i cannot. besides i can no longer program on my system coz my IDEs are no lo0nger compiling my code talkless of running them. i use codeblocks IDE. even my netbeans does not run. infact the system is kinda "dead". it can no longer copy file within and out/into the system. its is a TOSHIBA SATTELITE L550, 2.0gb ram(1.75 usable) , 223gb hdd , 2.10 AMD sempron processor, 32 bit. pls i need help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by musbikthadon: 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
sameolg616:
Also,pls send d output ratings to me..check on d back of the charger..it would be written as 18.5V 3.5A..also,let me know the mouth of the connector..is it big mouth or small
pls i really need ur help,giv me ur facebook or 2go id so dat we could interact beta!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by musbikthadon: 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
how can I get my avast antivirus registered?. My laptop has internet connections
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
Tizzie: I dunnoe what a qtip is nd pls where cn I get a very good technician,who cn help me check it??
see picture for what a q-tip is also known as a cotton swab. Actualy just find something soft to clean it. Sorry but where are you located?.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
pls help after formatting ma dell inspiron n4030 i installed the bluetooth driver and still it sees ma device but dont pair cannot send and receive pls pals help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
Sky-walker:
scan your PC for Virus. use malwarebyte. that's what i use and its free
Re-install Firefox

try the two and see if it works
thanks to you guys for the tips. i have downloaded the malwarebyte, i however do not want to run it yet as i have one fake avast running on my laptop. i am however confused as to how to uninstall the avast. the setup_avast_free.exe i see on my system when i right click i do not get the uninstall option, opened the programs and features section on my system , aand did not find it there too. kindly help out as usual. pardon my ignorance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 1:03am On Jul 28, 2012
Kaysalas: thanks to you guys for the tips. i have downloaded the malwarebyte, i however do not want to run it yet as i have one fake avast running on my laptop. i am however confused as to how to uninstall the avast. the setup_avast_free.exe i see on my system when i right click i do not get the uninstall option, opened the programs and features section on my system , aand did not find it there too. kindly help out as usual. pardon my ignorance
malwarebytes is not an anti virus, it is in fact an anti malware. even if you install malwarebytes and run it, you will still need the antivirus you have on your computer.

using malwarebyte with avast on your computer shouldn't cause any issues. as a matter of fact you should use the malwarebytes in safe mode with networking. it has to update for it to be effective.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliebest(f): 3:26am On Jul 28, 2012
@Sky-walker 9.53am on Jul 26. Thanks for ur reply. I'm sorry 4 getting back 2 u late. The OS is windows 7 and I'm using glo modem (that's wired,right). D modem works fine in d other laptop(win xp). I can't copy n paste 4rm my phone so I used d timeline of ur reply 2 my question,to remind u of it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliebest(f): 3:37am On Jul 28, 2012
Sky-walker:

Are you connecting using a wired network or wireless network?
which operating system are you using?
Ok, I've seen d quote function. OS is win 7, glo modem. It says connected but I can't browse,no webpage opens. I've use firefox,IE,Chrome...can't browse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (1229) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.