Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,296 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:13 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1300477 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 8:06am On Aug 02, 2012
please why is my already installed and activated windows 7 ultimate build 7601 just suddenly developed faulty by saying 'this copy of windows is not genuine' something i have been using for a longer time? Same thing happened to my brother's laptop too. And i do not delete any file before now and it was working fine before now. And virtually all my files are corrupted. For instance...it keeps saying 'The file or directory C:\ProgramData is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility' it keeps saying this most likely when i'm running any software on my laptop. I'm still trying to do this WAT thing and not get it done yet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:48am On Aug 02, 2012
tunnex190: please why is my already installed and activated windows 7 ultimate build 7601 just suddenly developed faulty by saying 'this copy of windows is not genuine' something i have been using for a longer time? Same thing happened to my brother's laptop too. And i do not delete any file before now and it was working fine before now. And virtually all my files are corrupted. For instance...it keeps saying 'The file or directory C:\ProgramData is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility' it keeps saying this most likely when i'm running any software on my laptop. I'm still trying to do this WAT thing and not get it done yet.

take it to a shop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:56am On Aug 02, 2012
sameolg616:
Dude,no offence.just dint want u to limit POSSIBILITIES to ur experience.if God has blessed LARRY PAGE to provide us IFA(google)then there are no impossibilities.just be IMAGINATIVE,CREATIVE and ask ifa then dedicate time to study procedures and u will surely be ranked wit d best.dats wat PROFESSIONALS charge for.here is d deal,I will only provide u d keyword 'DAZ' for ur study using all d points above.also,only a few cracks allow updates else disable automatic updates or choose download but allow me to choose which update to install..goodluck

sameolg616, I hereby summoned you to my repair yard @ London, Lol. joking bro, anyway I must salute
your competent and advice on this forum but our people sometime like shortcut and would rather
not go to a repair to spend their money to get a problem fix. sameolg616 better you keep this
WGA bypass to yourself and let this people spend some naira on their machine. As you already know
we can only provide 1st and 2nd level support to this users and if need be refer them to go to
a shop. We are not helping our fellow repair pro back home in nigeria. you know what I mean bro

Coming to your side now, I would say you can certainly get away with editing windows xp registry hkey-Local machine,
microsoft Wpa but not vista or windows 7 it would summoned itself again as not genuine

Do your best and leave the rest. The user don't understand all these things about genuine windows
I think if you explain to them that you cannot provide key pr cracks they'd get it

Stay bless my brother

Deji

PC support
Mac Support
Rpairs & Upgrade

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
deji2009:

sameolg616, I hereby summoned you to my repair yard @ London, Lol. joking bro, anyway I must salute
your competent and advice on this forum but our people sometime like shortcut and would rather
not go to a repair to spend their money to get a problem fix. sameolg616 better you keep this
WGA bypass to yourself and let this people spend some naira on their machine. As you already know
we can only provide 1st and 2nd level support to this users and if need be refer them to go to
a shop. We are not helping our fellow repair pro back home in nigeria. you know what I mean bro

Coming to your side now, I would say you can certainly get away with editing windows xp registry hkey-Local machine,
microsoft Wpa but not vista or windows 7 it would summoned itself again as not genuine

Do your best and leave the rest. The user don't understand all these things about genuine windows
I think if you explain to them that you cannot provide key pr cracks they'd get it

Stay bless my brother

Deji

PC support
Mac Support
Rpairs & Upgrade
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
deji2009:

Stay bless my brother

Deji

PC support
Mac Support
Rpairs & Upgrade
Deji,wats up?its actually because of u I was professional about answering the guy by only giving him d keyword as I can remember we have debated the issue before.trust me,I'm a professional and professionals should get paid.if I offer 99percent in this forum(elective),I reserve myself the right to d remaining 1percent(which is d compulsory).wen I was younger,all I cared about was PRAISES but things are different now..I'm a family man and got BILLS.so I'd use my discretion in charging people cuz I bother more about a good business relationship with people rather than money.but atleast you had send recharge card for my time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
sameolg616:
Deji,wats up?its actually because of u I was professional about answering the guy by only giving him d keyword as I can remember we have debated the issue before.trust me,I'm a professional and professionals should get paid.if I offer 99percent in this forum(elective),I reserve myself the right to d remaining 1percent(which is d compulsory).wen I was younger,all I cared about was PRAISES but things are different now..I'm a family man and got BILLS.so I'd use my discretion in charging people cuz I bother more about a good business relationship with people rather than money.but atleast you had send recharge card for my time.
mMm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
adetwin: for a final solution Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT. BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588

What kind of bb pin is this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adefash(m): 9:06am On Aug 03, 2012
My pc slows down ocassionally when playing movie,music or opening files.i discovered this when i downloaded movie that left bearly 4gb of the hdd.i deleted the movies when i saw no improvement.after deleting it,it only improved while it drags occassionaly.i suspect the ram of virus.what do u think?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:18am On Aug 03, 2012
adefash: My pc slows down ocassionally when playing movie,music or opening files.i discovered this when i downloaded movie that left bearly 4gb of the hdd.i deleted the movies when i saw no improvement.after deleting it,it only improved while it drags occassionaly.i suspect the ram of virus.what do u think?
adefash: My pc slows down ocassionally when playing movie,music or opening files.i discovered this when i downloaded movie that left bearly 4gb of the hdd.i deleted the movies when i saw no improvement.after deleting it,it only improved while it drags occassionaly.i suspect the ram of virus.what do u think?
its ur Ram below 1g & what's d size of Ur Hard D. B4 we can say whats d problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolugar: 9:42am On Aug 03, 2012
Pls guys, any free browsing stuff on pc? If u hv pls pass. I need it badly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2012
sameolg616:

Ok sameolg616
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hello my WIndow People

abeg i need una helep.

dem give me one machine for offix say make i dey use it, and na windows e dey do.

the problem be say i just see say anytime i wan kill d computer, and i clicking the off buttons, e go tey well well before e shut down. like 6 minutes sef. then e go come write shutting down before e die.

abeg what am i going to do, this thing it is affecting me. if i wan close of i wan go chop na so e go dey there oooo soo tey i go tired!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by penpusher(m): 8:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
AMAZING!!! Discover How To Browse For FREE On Your Laptop Or Desktop! Click here http:///freebrowsingsecrets to download a free guide that will walk you through the process. Hurry now, as the link will expire very SOON!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adefash(m): 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
adetwin: its ur Ram below 1g & what's d size of Ur Hard D. B4 we can say whats d problem?
HDD 40GB RAM 1GB
the problem wasnt there until i copied the movied that left roughly 3gig free space of the hdd.after freeing the used space,it was still draging but reduced.i have even deleted some stuffs that were there b4 i copied the movie,yet still draging occassionally.it wasnt like that b4 i copied the movie.now no movie,problem still persists.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
4llerbuntu: Hello my WIndow People

abeg i need una helep.

dem give me one machine for offix say make i dey use it, and na windows e dey do.

the problem be say i just see say anytime i wan kill d computer, and i clicking the off buttons, e go tey well well before e shut down. like 6 minutes sef. then e go come write shutting down before e die.

abeg what am i going to do, this thing it is affecting me. if i wan close of i wan go chop na so e go dey there oooo soo tey i go tired!!
hit yur windows key then yype regedit....navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control...look to d right pane and Double-click on WaitToKillServiceTimeOut. A dialog box appears showing a value clear it and putvalues btw 2000 to 4000...
.......also go to \HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Memory Management}, then change the value of
ClearPageFile at Shutdown to a 0 if the value is 1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
dragnet: hit yur windows key then yype regedit....navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control...look to d right pane and Double-click on WaitToKillServiceTimeOut. A dialog box appears showing a value clear it and putvalues btw 2000 to 4000...
.......also go to \HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Memory Management}, then change the value of
ClearPageFile at Shutdown to a 0 if the value is 1

Niceone dragnet. @poster what are th specification of your computer
Please hold down your windows key and pause break you'd see view basic
information about your computer. what are specification. e.g.am memory 4gb
2.16ghz intel
etc. do you see norton security
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
adefash:
HDD 40GB RAM 1GB
the problem wasnt there until i copied the movied that left roughly 3gig free space of the hdd.after freeing the used space,it was still draging but reduced.i have even deleted some stuffs that were there b4 i copied the movie,yet still draging occassionally.it wasnt like that b4 i copied the movie.now no movie,problem still persists.

D issue is ur hard disk is full U nid to change it...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pdell(m): 3:54am On Aug 05, 2012
What can I do to increase the speed of my internet connectivity. I use MTN data bundle
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
thanks @ dragnet. will try that tomorrow.

@deji, pc has decent specs. 3.2 ghz dualcore, 3gb ram 500gb drive.

its on a office lan and there is some norton enterprise network thingy on the network. was suspecting that maself too. funny tho i neva checked if it was actually installed on d pc or on the server.

how do i exclude my workstation from that ish? i use the pc or wordprocessing only.

i set up a dualboot with ubuntu and use that mostly, its just that at times i really have to.boot into windows daily and its becoming too much of a bother. matter of fact, even booting seems to be a lot slower nowadays
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
4llerbuntu: thanks @ dragnet. will try that tomorrow.

its on a office lan and there is some norton enterprise network thingy on the network. was suspecting that maself too. funny tho i neva checked if it was actually installed on d pc or on the server.

how do i exclude my workstation from that ish? i use the pc or wordprocessing only.

i set up a dualboot with ubuntu and use that mostly, its just that at times i really have to.boot into windows daily and its becoming too much of a bother. matter of fact, even booting seems to be a lot slower nowadays

Also hold down window key and r
and type in msconfig press enter
go to startup and untick any
programmes you don't want to start
everytime the computer is switched on
click apply and ok and restart when it
finish tick the box do not show this message again

Is this xp or vista. is the nvidia video graphics or
intel. have yo install all windows update.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mike85hot: 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
please
kindly advice me on wat to do. I suddenly discover dat my laptop screen
started bringing out somtin like somone poured ink on the screen. its
spreading already. pls advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
mike85hot: please
kindly advice me on wat to do. I suddenly discover dat my laptop screen
started bringing out somtin like somone poured ink on the screen. its
spreading already. pls advice

what you can do is to take picture of it
and attached it to us and would take look
at it. has the laptop been dropped ?

Any dead pixels, try connecting it to

an external monitor and see what the display is like
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xtianh(m): 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
my dell inspiron 5040 is writing logging off since i tried shutdwning,i hv tried puttng it off haltdely bt wen i on it bck it stil resumes d window and continue writing logging off..please what do i do..i want to use it 4 ma class 2mro... Please help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mallamovye(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2012
xtianh: my dell inspiron 5040 is writing logging off since i tried shutdwning,i hv tried puttng it off haltdely bt wen i on it bck it stil resumes d window and continue writing logging off..please what do i do..i want to use it 4 ma class 2mro... Please help me.
pls help me just like our cpu is not booting when u power it on it will start for some seconds and remain silence. When u boot it again it keep on repeating the same thing i need your help pls thanks. Any help this my address mallamovye@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mike85hot: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
find attached here is a picture of the area bringing out ink on my laptop scrren. kindly advice me on wat to do pls

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
deji2009:

Also hold down window key and r
and type in msconfig press enter
go to startup and untick any
programmes you don't want to start
everytime the computer is switched on
click apply and ok and restart when it
finish tick the box do not show this message again

Is this xp or vista. is the nvidia video graphics or
intel. have yo install all windows update.

Thanks.

i did that already....... its a windows 7 PC, it updates regularly, well as much as i do boot it (those updates cause me more grief sef). its an onboard integrated VGA thingy. Not sure the Video card ever asked for or needs drivers.

as long asit stops shutting down for 10 minutes, i dont bloody care what else happens to it. its stuff like this that put me off windows anyway
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
mike85hot: find attached here is a picture of the area bringing out ink on my laptop scrren. kindly advice me on wat to do pls
screen should be replaced
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Thanks.

i did that already....... its a windows 7 PC, it updates regularly, well as much as i do boot it (those updates cause me more grief sef). its an onboard integrated VGA thingy. Not sure the Video card ever asked for or needs drivers.

as long asit stops shutting down for 10 minutes, i dont bloody care what else happens to it. its stuff like this that put me off windows anyway

check in system properties if this windows 7 service pack 1
Also to permanently fix the problem you need to reset your
computer back to factory settings. If I were to be in front
of your computer in real time I would have fix the problem, but
this is online support and we cant keep going on and going and
most likely the problem will persist better you take it back to
default settings. what's make and model of your computer ? for
example Toshiba P300-20H
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:17am On Aug 07, 2012
4llerbuntu: thanks @ dragnet. will try that tomorrow.

Dude,u have to meet the adminstrators in your office to know the kinda priviledge u have(is it user,admin or power user)?also,using an enterprise version of an antivirus entails a lot of policies that can be deployed to users to restrict them from somethings and most importantly,check the firewall settings too.
Also,dual bOoting 2 OSes that is not properly configured may be responsible.linux makes use of more resources than windows.it would have be safer if,from scratch u partitioned ur hard disk then installed ubuntu first then installed windows next than to installed ubuntu on an already installed windows.(Then I'd use easy bcd to dual boot)
Finally,u can format the partition containing windows and re-install..that way,you wld know the amount of shared memory..
As I always say,let the professional handle the professional issues instead of the 'do-it-urself' attitude
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 2:10am On Aug 07, 2012
4llerbuntu: Hello my WIndow People

abeg i need una helep.

Are you using windows server in your environment?
are you using roaming profile?
is it just your own workstation or its a general thing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1226) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.