Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,093 members, 7,896,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1305093 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (1228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aje49ja(m): 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2010
Hi
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aje49ja(m): 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2010
Hi sky dancer 2day is my first time of hearing abt u. And thru ur post and comments i believe u are a help to us, pls i am using hp pavilion dv6000 windows vista. So i step down to windows xp, i visit HP websites so i can download the drivers qiut all right i soccide with the downloading but while runin them in my lapi, the drivers are not making any impact in the system, such as mordem,audio,vga etc they are not there pls any solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luka316(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2010
can some on help out. my laptop i very slow and i don't know what is the problem iam currently using F-Prot antivires. and if i download and save  anything software i can't installed again. pls i need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 10:53am On Jan 31, 2010
House pls help,im 'ving prob with zinox laptop,some keypad are not work, N,M,K,L,7,8,9,0.bt if i log in as a quest are the keypad are workin,i suspect it virus,and im usin kapasky 2010 trial version.pls aint know wat to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 11:17am On Jan 31, 2010
House pls help,im 'ving prob with zinox laptop,some keypad are not work, N,M,K,L,7,8,9,0.bt if i log in as a quest are the keypad are workin,i suspect it virus,and im usin kapasky 2010 trial version.pls aint know wat to do.im on xp,with 256 ram and 20gig,any ideal of 1gig ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 11:22am On Jan 31, 2010
House pls help,im 'ving prob with zinox laptop,some keypad are not work, N,M,K,L,7,8,9,0.bt if i log in as a quest are the keypad are workin,i suspect it virus,and im usin kapasky 2010 trial version.pls aint know wat to do.im on xp,with 256 ram and 20gig,any ideal of 1gig ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fineboy5: 3:27pm On Feb 01, 2010
what the fucck is happening here no response yet?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
sorry o chairman, ur servants never answer. tseew
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
mr hooged, have you tried using an external keyboard?

can people with issues please make their requests in plain clear english? sometimes reading these abbreviated words is a pain to the eyes, at least for me; a lot  of times it takes me as much time or more to figure out what some poster is saying as it does to think up possible solutions; i'm sure skydance feels the same way too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dino2006(m): 3:27am On Feb 02, 2010
my phone browses with mtn an zain.i have a nokia pc suite and freedom software on my pc.pls how do i connect them together to browse wit d pc?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maxdi(m): 4:12am On Feb 02, 2010
Pls, how do I remove vista from my system and use xp. it is HP6735s and system disks are broken

thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by myissue: 5:51am On Feb 02, 2010
Hi everyone,
I am here to appeal to some one here to please help me with HIDE MY IP License Key,
Can anyone be of help
God bless you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:23am On Feb 02, 2010
maxdi:

Pls, how do I remove vista from my system and use xp. it is HP6735s and system disks are broken

thanx
If your hard disk type is SATA, the process might sound a little complex. Check somewhere in this thread. This issue has been treated before. Thanks

dino2006:

my phone browses with mtn an zain.i have a nokia pc suite and freedom software on my pc.pls how do i connect them together to browse wit d pc?
What do you really want?

fine.boy:

what the fucck is happening here no response yet?
You have to be more subtle with your language. You are using an old version of internet explorer, probably 6. It might not be able to recongize some scripts especially if you are using a tunneler. Try upgrading your browser

hooged:

House pls help,im 'ving prob with zinox laptop,some keypad are not work, N,M,K,L,7,8,9,0.bt if i log in as a quest are the keypad are workin,i suspect it virus,and im usin kapasky 2010 trial version.pls aint know wat to do.
It might not be a virus. The area you are talking about appear to be the numpad area of the laptop. It might also be a hardware problem. Also a virus can hook some keys but that is quite unlikely. Do what blackweaver told you, try external keyboards or try the on-screen keyboard, then you will get an idea of where the problem might be from. Goodluck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nakingson: 11:20am On Feb 02, 2010
Ahsan's Virus is showing my Laptop shege! Pls, my fellow Nairalanders, i need to b rescued or else i'll loose so many documents in the Laptop. I had formatted it once but it reoccured. Now am like, i don't know what to do again. sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dypo(m): 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
Great stuff here @all.
Can someone pls help me? I have problems with P2P applications, I once tried upgradin my limewire and ever since than, every P2P application I installed (limewire, vuze, ares, etc) fails to connect and download.
Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aje49ja(m): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2010
Thanks i wil try it out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aje49ja(m): 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2010
(nakingson) i kno abt that virus(ahans computer), it wil rename ur recycle bin to gw bush right and wil also rename ur parents folders such as my computer, my ducuments etc. I use licence norton antivirus to kil it . Use the license one it wil get raid of it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nakingson:

Ahsan's Virus is showing my Laptop shege! Pls, my fellow Nairalanders, i need to b rescued or else i'll loose so many documents in the Laptop. I had formatted it once but it reoccured. Now am like, i don't know what to do again. sad
Ok Nakingson, Your case is a little complicated. A good antivirus should have taken care of this of course but all the ones I have used have their setbacks. If you are a little advanced in computer usage, open your registry editor by typing regedit in the run window and pressing enter. Select the Hkey Local Machine key and use Ctrl + F to search for the name the virus is using on your desktop. When you find it, rename it to what you want. It can be a little complex but that's what you can do. Anyway, if you encounter problems doing it I can help you by writing a simple script for that. Goodluck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by babsmii(m): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
HI NAIRALANDERS, PLEASE IM IN NEED OF A MOTHERBOARD FOR HP LAPTOP 6735s URGENTLY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU'VE GOT ONE OR HAVE A LINK TO GET ONE. THANK YOU. MY MOBILE NUMBER IS 08035529151 AND MY NAME OLA
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 5:59pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nakingson:

Nakingson, your case is easy to solve if you have a little knowledge in computer operation. Just open the registry editor, (You can do this by typing regedit in the run window and pressing enter.) Select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key and search for whatever the name is. For example, search for Asan using Ctrl + F and change the name. If you don't succeed I can write a little script that will do the job for you. Goodluck!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nakingson:

Nakingson, your case is easy to solve if you have a little knowledge in computer operation. Just open the registry editor, (You can do this by typing regedit in the run window and pressing enter.) Select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key and search for whatever the name is. For example, search for Asan using Ctrl + F and change the name. If you don't succeed I can write a little script that will do the job for you. Goodluck!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:23pm On Feb 03, 2010
jesu seun:

the rj 45 network port of my laptop fails intermittently,it goes on and off,whenever i connect the network cable,what can i do to rectify the Problem.

thanks

Dear jesu seun,

Thanks for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. however for I and my colleagues
to help you could you please explain further as am having difficulties getting grasp of what happened ?

Can you connect to the internet ? if you can then that's fine. This is because whenever an ethernet cable
is connected light can sometime go on and off depend on your laptop hardware

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2010
fine.boy:

i already posted a screenshort there please help me to solve this problem.

Dear fine.boy,

Any joy/update on the diagnostics you were advice to follow. just finding out how you
got on and hope everything went on ok. we look forward to your reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2010
mjay:

Pls house gurus, my predicament came whn my laptop stopped responding, eventually i had to refomat it. but being a hp compaq, it did not come with installation cd, its inbuilt. I was not able to recover thru the inbuilt windows, soo i had to format, reinstall an ikeja windows and i downloded some drivers from the hp website. I tried using the key that came with my laptop but it didnt work, so as it now, i dare not turn on automatic update, it will discover d counterfeit nature of the windows. More so some progrmm require sp2, wht i had was sp2. I WILL LIKE TO HAVE MY ORIGINAL WINDOWS BACK, PLS HOW CAN I RECOVER IT? SINCE DR IS NO CD AND D ONE INBUILT HAS BN FORMATTED. PLS HELP.

Thanks for the above enquiry could explain better. what do you mean by ikeja windows ?

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
Luka316:

can some on help out. my laptop i very slow and i don't know what is the problem iam currently using F-Prot antivires. and if i download and save  anything software i can't installed again. pls i need help

Dear Luka316,

Thanks for the above enquiry. does this happen when turned on or when running software such as
internet explorer, windows gallery ? Is this windows xp or Vista ? do you have limewire installed ?
Reason that being is because limewire has some issues when installed it can make system slow.

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2010
myissue:

Hi everyone,
I am here to appeal to some one here to please help me with HIDE MY IP License Key,
Can anyone be of help
God bless you

This isn't telling me much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ade49ja

what do you mean drivers not making impact ? could explain better,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aje49ja(m): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2010
I mean the drivers which i downloaded from the HP site, wen i put them inthe lappi they are not working,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2010
@goldtito

best thing is to visit the game website to check for requirements. should say at the back of the casing
compatability such as XP 640x480 et cetera
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ade4ja what's the make and model of your computer. This can be found at back of the sticker.
click start > Run > devmgmt.msc press enter and should see some yellow sings right click on
each of them and tell us what it says. otherwise I am please to offer you a remote fix where i can
have a look at the problem. if this is ok let me know ASAP so i can see what i can do before i marry
my bed. Look forward to your reply.

Deji Sunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
I have found the make just bear with me whist i checkout something

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (1228) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.