Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,469 members, 7,929,566 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:47 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1321687 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 11:49am On Jan 16, 2010
The battery might have been changed or it might have developed problems. However if you want you can remove the time restriction. After your system has finished booting. Type msconfig in run. Go to boot and change the timeout to 1 second or 3 seconds. Click ok and allow your system to restart. After that a message will appear. Tick never show this message again and click ok. Goodluck!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PRYNXLEX(m): 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2010
I use an hp pav. And wen i try conecting my fone to it 4 browsing it shows connect on d pc suite, but doz two screens at d bottom right dnt turn blue.and it doesnt browse. Plz help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2010
@PRYNXLEX sorry if ur'e using your phone to send this message but could you repeat your post in clearer english? i didn't get what you were saying; which 2 screens at the bottom do you expect to turn blue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PRYNXLEX(m): 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2010
I mean that notification icon that has two monitor screens overlapping with a red x sign on it. Its found on the task bar before the speaker and time icon. Hope its clear now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2010
oh the network status icon; ok so the phone connects to the pc, then you dial from the pc? does it just say your phone is connected or your your internet connection is active
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PRYNXLEX(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2010
On the pc suite it says connected, but when i take the mouse pointer to the status icon it reads 'you are not connected to any networks'.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2010
PRYNXLEX:

On the pc suite it says connected, but when i take the mouse pointer to the status icon it reads 'you are not connected to any networks'.

I don't know try this http://www.jacko.my/2009/11/how-to-use-your-phone-as-3g-modem.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2010
when the pcsuite says coneected that means your phone is connected to the pc, that does not mean you are connected to the internet, on one of the pcsuite options you should see an option to connect to the internet
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2010
hello everyone please i need urgent help i re-installed vista on my system cos i was having some major problems on it .but not now i cant update windows,i cant install anti virus n install .net, and my vista is activated too, please its fustrating cos i cant really browse wit it cos of fear of virus attack n such, guys i need your help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2010
youmour:

hello everyone please i need urgent help i re-installed vista on my system cos i was having some major problems on it .but not now i cant update windows,i cant install anti virus n install .net, and my vista is activated too, please its fustrating cos i cant really browse wit it cos of fear of virus attack n such, guys i need your help

Dear youmour,

Thanks for your recent enquiries, I would have like to suggest solutions however could you

please re-phrase your sentences so is more clearer and easier to understand. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2010
PC busayo:

I don't know try this http://www.jacko.my/2009/11/how-to-use-your-phone-as-3g-modem.html

spot on yeah basically,

Connect to the Internet Using One Touch Access

Once you have Nokia PC Suite properly installed, you can connect to the Internet using your PC.

1. Start Nokia PC Suite on your PC.
   2. In the Nokia PC Suite main menu, click on Connect to the Internet. This will open One Touch Access.
   3. Click Connect on the One Touch Access screen to establish the Internet connection.

Note: When the One Touch Access screen appears on your PC, make sure that the Nokia USB modem is selected under 'Connection will be established using' and that a green G is displayed next to it.

If not:

1. Click Settings
   2. Select the Nokia USB setting for your device from the menu
   3. Click Next
   4. Select your network operator from the list or configure the connection manually
   5. Click Finish

If no joy then i recommend visiting your phone manufacturer website for further information

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2010
i was having problems wit my hp pavilion dv6000 system n so i formatted it n installed another windows vista home premium that came with a system i was using before which was advent ever since then i cant use windows update,install anti virus n vista service pack.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jkrobttsz: 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2010
I AM NEW HERE,AND I NEED SOMEONE TO TEACH ME HOW TO POST ON HERE.I WILL BE GREATFUL FOR ANY HELP THAT COULD BE RENDERD.YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT philwattson0002@yahoo.com.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
what deji2009 meant was:
what do u mean by you can't update? is there an error message when you try to update or install antivirus?
or is it that you don't know how to go about doing it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2010
@youmour
In addition to the other questions, where did u get d windows vista key u used for the pavilion? How did u activate it after installation?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cyprainn: 12:33am On Jan 18, 2010
I downloaded Freegate software for free browsing but i cant run it. each time i tried running it, i get a reply that it is not a valid windows 32 apllication. what do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2010
cyprainn:

I downloaded Freegate software for but i cant run it. each time i tried running it, i get a reply that it is not a valid windows 32 apllication. what do i do?
the file has been corrupted, download it again. . .if possible from a different source!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2010
@blackweaver yea i get an error msg wenever i try updating,n for the anti-virus it says installation was interrupted.
@netotse i activated it through the normal way.i used the product key under the system then activated it online
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2010
youmour:

@blackweaver yea i get an error msg wenever i try updating,n for the anti-virus it says installation was interrupted.
@netotse i activated it through the normal way.i used the product key under the system then activated it online

tell us the error now,
next time u should buy a home premium dvd instead of using OEM software from another cmoputer, its the key thats the important thing not the CD or DVD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
@yourmour yes we need too know the error message
@cyprainn your download was probably not complete, re-download again
and chec the file size, make sure it's the same as what is shown on the download page
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2010
blackweaver:

@yourmour yes we need too know the error message
@cyprainn your download was probably not complete, re-download again
and chec the file size, make sure it's the same as what is shown on the download page

he can also try using a download manager
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2010
for window updates i get 8000FFFF error

and for AVG i get, Local machine: install actions planned
Installation:
Error: MSVC Redistributables installation failed. Installation of AVG can not continue.

and for vista service pack 1 i get
an internal error has occurred
error code:0x80000FFFF
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
youmour:

for window updates i get 8000FFFF error

and for AVG i get,  Local machine: install actions planned
Installation:
Error: MSVC Redistributables installation failed. Installation of AVG can not continue.

and for vista service pack 1 i get
an internal error has occurred
error code:0x80000FFFF
as per the windows update thingy, you should try the solutions microsoft suggests. . .if that doesn't work then let us know

also the error you get, is it when u try to download the vista sp1 with windows update? if it is you should try to download sp1 as a file instead of an update and then install it later
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by just4just: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2010
pls help, i transfer file document downloaded from internet to my phone to my pc but i could not read it. i tried all convertion option but no result. what can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
i downloaded the sp1 as a file

ok lemmi try
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hefty(m): 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
i recently formatted my acer aspire 2920 notebook cos of network issue i wasnt able to surf the net either wirelessly or using the rj 45 port when i checked my device manager i found microsoft ISATAP device driver not ok, i don know how this microsoft ISATAP  got to ma system, so the best option for me then is to format the systes which i've done. i am able to get some of the drivers such as: vga, lan, and the rest what remains neo is the network controller driver for wireless[i][/i][color=#990000][/color]. any help 4 me.
thanks urs hefty for mjb8088@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
got it thanks y'all,God bless
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by charly4tex(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2010
Please, kindly assist me, my BIOS SETUP is requesting for Administrator password,  i can't remember the exact password used.

PC HP COMPAQ LAPTOP. DUAL X2

Thanks.

BELA LAWRENCE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luka316(m): 1:29pm On Jan 20, 2010
please SKYDANCER i know you are mr. CAPABLES on this forum i need help on how to block my stolen laptop. i have all the necessary information with me. thanks. you can still  comminicate me on attayi_316@hotmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordsixtus(m): 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2010
need free internet acess
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PRYNXLEX(m): 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
Hi. Hope u remember me. Ok, i use a nokia pc suite, when i say its connected i mean its connected to the pc suite and when i click connect to the internet it connects too. Now, the problem is that i dont get a notification on the network status that i've been connected to the internet. Same aplies when i use a dial up. Plz tell me, am i not to recieve a notification when i use my phone as a moderm. If its not clear still, i could send u snap shots.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slim101(m): 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2010
Pls can someone help here?? Can any wireless mouse work with any USB rf reciever?
The RF receiver that came with my wireless mouse is broken and I couldn't get the same model in the market. I have a receiver (from a former wireless mouse) and it seems not to be connecting with the mouse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.