Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,210 members, 7,928,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 07:13 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1321379 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by simba4us: 2:53am On Dec 20, 2009
I just feel like introducing computer repairs on the net, if you are interested/need information on computer repairs, you can check my blog at www.freecompumaintenance..com
For now, I am just introducing the lessons so you have to be very patient with me. please feel free to criticize me at any line you notice an error. I will make corrections where necessary. Thanks. simba4un@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by simba4us: 2:58am On Dec 20, 2009
osmaah:

hi guys am new to computer so pardon me. my engineer formatted my my hard drive so i lost everything, but my sound, wireless, lan card, touch pad in short everything are not working again. pls where can i get the driver 2 reinstall? my brand is: SONY VAIO, model: VGN-BX51XP. pls guys i need your help.

Just go back to where you bought the lap top, they should burn the one from another laptop of that same brand and give it to you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by b2n1z9: 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2009
Pls i hv a funny virus on my system, try opening a document, it brings out a dialog box a to asking if i want to delete the document, and once i try closing the dialog box, it replcates itself, Please I need assistance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 9:36am On Dec 22, 2009
It's unfortunate we are dealing with a rootkit. It'll be very hard to solve through the web If by the time you read this the number is no longer there, send me an im @opatachibueze@yahoo.com. Goodluck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:08am On Dec 22, 2009
my own pc problem is that i need the url to online streaming radio stations. i need a list so someone pls hook me up with a list
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by folabuntu: 7:02am On Dec 29, 2009
Hi pls my windows gurus, this is what i get whilst trying 2 install sonyericsson pc suite on a pc. After that sign, d installation rolls back. Other wares install by the way and that particular ware also does on another system. Os is xp

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2009
folabuntu:

Hi pls my windows gurus, this is what i get whilst trying 2 install sonyericsson pc suite on a pc. After that sign, d installation rolls back. Other wares install by the way and that particular ware also does on another system. Os is xp

ok, where are you installing it from ? disk or from internet

Did you follow pc suite instructions or manuals ?

Here's your diags click start, right click on my computer>

manage>system tools >services>scroll down to windows installer and

make sure is all started and not stop this can be found on the top left hand side.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by folabuntu: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2009
Yeah thanks, i already checked d windows installer service. Its on and ok. The file is an installation file i grabbed off d net. I have used b4 so i knw its ok. It seems 2 be a msiexec issue so to be sure i got another .msi file and it installed fine!

I tried those cmd lines in d picture, result was the same though. Wonder wat it could be d problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dhappyking(m): 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2009
Hello All,

Pls I am having a challenge with my laptop. A HP Pavilion. Each time I try to boot and start using the system, I get this message on my screen;

(-- Windows software protection

An unauthorized change was made to windows.
Windows has discovered a change that will result in limited Window functionality.)

This message persits and I can not view my desktop any more. But If I boot in safe mode, I can see my desktop.

Pls your urgent assistance will be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2009
dhappyking:

Hello All,

Pls I am having a challenge with my laptop. A HP Pavilion. Each time I try to boot and start using the system, I get this message on my screen;

(-- Windows software protection

An unauthorized change was made to windows.
Windows has discovered a change that will result in limited Window functionality.)

first and formost

This message persits and I can not view my desktop any more. But If I boot in safe mode, I  can see my desktop.

Pls your urgent assistance will be appreciated.

Here's your diagnostics

Click start > Run> type in

>services>press enter>

>Service licence agreement > windows defender

make sure is started and not stop

I take is windows vista not xp ?

Click start, type in the box windows defender make sure

is turn on not off. just a bit curiosity, have you ever installed windows update ?

Here's your 2nd diagnostics

First, uninstall the updates:

1) Log into Vista in Safe Mode

2) Click 'Start' button, then Click 'Control Panel'.

3) Click 'Classic View' in the upper right of the Control Panel window.

4) Double-Click the icon named 'Programs and Features'.

5) Click the 'View installed updates' link in the upper right of the Program and Features window.

6) It may take some time for the list of Updates to appear, please wait.

7) Right-Click on the update 'KB925902' and select 'Uninstall'.

cool Reboot into Normal Mode

Now, reinstall the updates:

(At this point, Vista may or may not be in reduced functionality, the below steps assume that Vista is in reduced functionality)

9) Log in to Vista and select the options that brings up the Internet Browser.

10) Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads

11) Search for KB925902

12) In the search results, click the update that has "KB925902" in the name.

13) Click the 'Download' button.

14) You will be given the choice to Save or Run, select Run

15) Reboot 2 times.

Or

C) Repair Windows using System Restore:

1) Reboot Vista into Safe Mode

2) Go to Control Panel

3) On the left hand side of the Control Panel window, Click on "Classic View"

4) Double-click "Backup and Restore Center"

5) On the left hand side of the window, click "Repair Windows using system restore"

6) Select "Choose Different Restore Point", Put a check in the box that says "Show restore points older than 5 days", select the restore point that corresponds to the date Before you first noticed the issue.

7) Click the "Next" button.

cool Reboot back into Normal mode

9) Vista should no longer be in Reduced Functionality mode

I wish you good luck and thanks for enquiring.

Regards
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opes: 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2009
@4llerbuntu and skydancer, thank u guys,my apppreciation, my sony notebook is working well now, i so much appreciate ur contributions, God bless u guys,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by swing4real(m): 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
@deji2009

I need ur help seriously, It is a matter of life and dead, I just added u in my yahoo msn, plz plz n pzl i have a problem with a pc, I need ur help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by swing4real(m): 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2009
I have this serious problem with my pc, I got a virus (Malware)on my pc, I have done everything i would to fix it but to no avail.The Malware Defense Installer attacked my AVG and won´t let me access any stuff on my pc, I can only move the mouse and then everything will freezed within 3 mins of stepup, so i decided to use the safe mode, I checked with the system restored, it won´t work either, I downloaded other antivirus (spybot, NOD32) none would work, expect avast and AVG, I tried to scan the pc and the problem still reminds, Pls what else can i do, the Safe mode is working as i am writing u from the Safe Mode now,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
swing4real:

I have this serious problem with my pc, I got a virus (Malware)on my pc, I have done everything i would to fix it but to no avail.The Malware Defense Installer attacked my AVG and won´t let me access any stuff on my pc, I can only move the mouse and then everything will freezed within 3 mins of stepup, so i decided to use the safe mode, I checked with the system restored, it won´t work either, I downloaded other antivirus (spybot, NOD32) none would work, expect avast and AVG, I tried to scan the pc and the problem still reminds, Pls what else can i do, the Safe mode is working as i am writing u from the Safe Mode now,

Sent: 29 December 2009 22:01:43
To: iyke_4_u@yahoo.com
Dear Ben,

RE: Virus

Thank you for enquiring. Any system infected with virus need
reformat. is like a bird flu that spread everywhere which can take longer
to deal with if remove manually or more diags, this is waste of time

The best thing to do is to install everything back to scratch. I recommend using the below to
see if we make any difference http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html if no joy
then do a fresh re-installation. bro removing virus is a waste time. just reformat and
you will have a peace of mind.

Thank you for enquiring

Regards

DEJI SUNDAY
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by swing4real(m): 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2009
Thanks alot, I send u an email , Pls kindly check it, Is there i can speak to u now, coz i wanna know how to back up my files, I have some programs in my pc that i dont wanna lose, including with some vital documents. Pls advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
swing4real:

Thanks alot, I send u an email , Pls kindly check it, Is there i can speak to u now, coz i wanna know how to back up my files, I have some programs in my pc that i dont wanna lose, including with some vital documents. Pls advice

This is more or less like a tuition. best thing is to use google as this will
guide you step by step on how to backup your prudent data.

Word of advice use CD/DVD since your system is already infected no point in using

USB stick as this can transfer to another system.

All the best.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by folabuntu: 12:42am On Dec 30, 2009
hey guys my issue? i went to get another pc suite same story. i need to rig this thing up for a loved one asap pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kenzyma(m): 1:12am On Dec 30, 2009
Hello, compliments of the season to you. I want to know how one can uninstall & reinstall a program so that computer will not know it has ever been installed on the computer. Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by folabuntu: 8:08am On Dec 30, 2009
depends! what progrma are we talking about here? depends on how smart the software maker is. the obvious way, anyway is to delete the registry entries, locate all config files written on the pc, delete them then restart the computer.

NB if its a network app that picks data stamps from a server then ur probably wasting ur time. unless u know hw to hack the server and delete ur pc's entries! but then if u knew that u wouldnt be asking
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elvisprest(m): 11:45am On Dec 30, 2009
I have hp pavilion dv6700, i formatted it, i am unable to driver the sound, i have installed the driver that i downloaded from hp website and is not still working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by folabuntu: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2009
elvisprest:

I have hp pavilion dv6700, i formatted it, i am unable to driver the sound, i have installed the driver that i downloaded from hp website and is not still working

its not only the sound drivers u have to get. there is at least 1 or 2 more things u have to get including the modem driver.

the names escape me right now but i remember there is one bios driver for the board and one other driver that interfaces devices and the board. in short try to get all the listed drivers for the laptop unless ur sure u have installed the exact same driver. better to err on the side of caution though. its not working cos there are other drivers still needed for it to work.

nb, did u bother to check the device mgr and the volume tab?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elvisprest(m): 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
my operating system is window xp pro Corporate Edition, the bio is not installing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by folabuntu: 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2009
The bios driver is not installing? Ok here is whats up, there is a particular order that u hav 2 install dem drivers, i know d bios/pci motherboard drivers come first.

Uninstall all d drivers u have installed, restart d system, it will detect all d hardwares, dont allow it install drivers for any. Now start with d bios driver, then d pci, then any driver other than sound, vga etc. Those should be last.

Note that after every driver install allow d pc restart.

Note dt in new pc, d modem driver, sound, and sound management software go hand in hand so they should all be present. Try to get ALL drivers for the laptop, dont omit any.

Then lest i forget i hope the xp os is not sp3 or some other modified or fake version? Because at times they do not install d audio controller.

U should check the device manager anyway to see what is missing. Thats in controlpanel/system/hardware/device manager.

Cheers, its about learning.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by efeboy(m): 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2009
I use HP AMD. Recently I noticed that the cursor was hanging and then the battery was not charging normally. The battery only charged upto

10 or 12 percent. It became worse when the cursor began to hang permanently. I continued to use it like that until one day I noticed that when I

Unplugged the AC adapter, the cursor started moving freely. Then I knew I had to do something. I Bought another AC adapter. Again the system

battery is charging only upto 28 or 32 percent at the most. Although the cursor is no longer hanging it now, it is still exhibiting some funny features

like shaking, going to where it is not directed, clicking what it is not directed to click.

Please what could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2009
efeboy:

I use HP AMD. Recently I noticed that the cursor was hanging and then the battery was not charging normally. The battery only charged upto

10 or 12 percent. It became worse when the cursor began to hang permanently. I continued to use it like that until one day I noticed that when I

Unplugged the AC adapter, the cursor started moving freely. Then I knew I had to do something. I Bought another AC adapter. Again the system

battery is charging only upto 28 or 32 percent at the most. Although the cursor is no longer hanging it now, it is still exhibiting some funny features

like shaking, going to where it is not directed, clicking what it is not directed to click.

Please what could be the problem?

1st battery issues

I am sorry to learnt you were having this  problem and do hope  to proffer some diagnostics
in identifying the culprits. Here's your diagnostics.

http://mobileoffice.about.com/b/2009/05/15/hp-laptop-battery-recall.htm

Check this link in making sure your laptop battery is not among those that are recall.

2nd

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00259897&product=18703">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00259897&product=18703

www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

3rd to test the hard drive for any problem since is freezing  on you

Step 1: Test the Hard Drive

Use the steps below to test the hard drive in a Notebook PC using the HP Hard Drive Self Test.

Plug the AC Adapter into the Notebook PC.

Press and hold the Power button for 5 Seconds to turn off the PC.

Press and hold the F10 key while you press the Power button to turn on the PC. Release the F10 key after text is displayed on the screen of the PC.

After the BIOS Setup Utility is displayed, use the Right Arrow key to select the Tools menu.

Select Hard Drive Self Test

Press the Enter key to start the test.

Good luck and thanks for  enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2009
elvisprest:

I'm guessing you did HD recovery format and not a disk.  if HD format then,
Here's your diagnostics  in hopefully resolving this problem.

Restart the laptop in question and keep pressing  F11 or F10 until
you get a progress bar with [b]windows is loading file[/b]s message then stop.

You"ll then be prompted with something similar to below. Click advance option
and select load driver> sound driver. should be High Def conex or something like that

if option not on list then go back and click next should be somewhere there.

Do us a favour please. underneath the laptop on top of the sticker should have the model number

which you posted earlier on. e.g. DV6700ef. something like that in helping us finding the appropriate driver.

Also get yourself to device manager if don't know how use google. look for sound video game controllers

click + underneath what does is say e.g.  high def conexant or realteak ac 97.

If you did a cd base recovery then follow same method.

You should be laughing.

Good luck and thanks for  enquiring

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Evans4hetty(m): 11:33am On Jan 01, 2010
hi im evans,
i use a dell inspiron e1405 laptop,i mistakenly deleted my audio driver,then i downloaded sigmatel driver 4 it from dell's site but after dat i installed but it wont cum up b t checkin d properties it shows dat d driver is workin properly .pls help cuz d sound icon is showing 'x' sign instead of poppin up d volume dialogue box.pls help me nid ur urgent reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2010
are you sure your audio card is by sigmatel? try downloading unknown devices and running it to know if the driver is working and more importantly the proper manufacturer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2010
Evans4hetty:

hi im evans,
i use a dell inspiron e1405 laptop,i mistakenly deleted my audio driver,then i downloaded sigmatel driver 4 it from dell's site but after dat i installed but it wont come up b t checkin d properties it shows dat d driver is workin properly .pls help cuz d sound icon is showing 'x' sign instead of poppin up d volume dialogue box.pls help me nid your urgent reply

Here's your diagnostics. try the sigmatel if not try the other two

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_E1405&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Could you please let the tecs

know how you get along, so we

can track your progress.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RuuDie(m): 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2010
what could be the possible cause of this (*see attached picture below*) - when folder icon is right-clicked in win-explorer, where do those two extra items on the context menu (*circled in red*) come from

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2010
RuuDie:

what could be the possible cause of this (*see attached picture below*) - when folder icon is right-clicked in win-explorer, where do those two extra items on the context menu (*circled in red*) come from
you have a virus that messed with your registry, update your antivirus and scan your computer. . . or better yet u can download hijackthis, scan your PC and paste the log here. . .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:05pm On Jan 01, 2010
netotse:

are you sure your audio card is by sigmatel? try downloading unknown devices and running it to know if the driver is working and more importantly the proper manufacturer

Absolutely right netotse. I checked the manufacturer website, seems

there are 3 drivers on list. I suggest he tried the remaining two

If no joy then he may also try realteak AC97 audio or creative audigly
wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.