Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,422 members, 7,929,380 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 01:11 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1321610 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dominique(f): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
netotse:

@dominique
click start and just type in snipping. . .of course i'm assuming you're using vista. how did u manage to run the microsoft thingy since your IE isnt working?

getting through to the site is no problem, clicking on the "fix it" icon is.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2010
deji2009:

@1knight

what you mentioned isn't telling much. do you mean RAM ?
laptop are not easily upgradeable as suppose to a PC, however
if you have extra slots you can upgrade your video card, sound etc.

What's the make and model of your computer ? This will help us

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
deji2009:

@1knight

what you mentioned isn't telling much. do you mean RAM ?
laptop are not easily upgradeable as suppose to a PC, however
if you have extra slots you can upgrade your video card, sound etc.

What's the make and model of your computer ? This will help us

thanks
my laptop is toshiba satellite l10-117, win xp sp2, intel celeron M, 1.50ghz, 256mb of ram. Thanks again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guseman(m): 12:50am On Feb 18, 2010
My Laptop is still giving me headache even after following the instructions DEJI gave to me. Pls my laptop is not coming up and the continuous start up noise is still bothering me. I need help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:30am On Feb 18, 2010
guseman:

My Laptop is still giving me headache even after following the instructions DEJI gave to me. Pls my laptop is not coming up and the continuous start up noise is still bothering me. I need help!

If you followed my instructions, what version is your Bios ? This can be found
on the left hand side by trying main, advanced just play round until you find it.

2nd turn it off back on again then put your 3 fingers on J K L on the keyboard
and press very hard as this reset the graphics card. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:31am On Feb 18, 2010
How many beeps ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:34am On Feb 18, 2010
1stknight:

thanks
my laptop is toshiba satellite l10-117, win xp sp2, intel celeron M, 1.50ghz, 256mb of ram. Thanks again

what you need upgrading Memory, graphics card or sound card. Thats all we need to know

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:36am On Feb 18, 2010
maxjax:

THIS WIFI RELATED PROBLEM

i hav got two vista laptops connected, one is connected to the internet via MTN Fastlink modem, while the other is connected via a Ad-hoc wifi network i created frm the 1st laptop, my problm nw is that, they both successfully connected, but the 2nd laptop failed to OPEN any internet page, on the NETWORK and SHARIN centre says is connected to the INTERNET, i tried usin proxies on the internet explorer but stil no way! sad . . . .what am i gettin wrong here? HELP is needed urgently pls

Dear Maxjax,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Set-up-a-computer-to-computer-ad-hoc-network

Thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:43am On Feb 18, 2010
dominique:

getting through to the site is no problem, clicking on the "fix it" icon is.

Dear dominique,

RE: clicking on the "fix it" icon is

Thanks for your recent enquiry after going through your post I am please to offer
you remote fix where i can connect to your laptop and manually sort this out.
If you are comfortable with this let me know ASAP so we can arrange a time

If ok to do this you will need to download http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx
Save it then run it and follow on screen instructions as this needed to establish a
connection with your workstation. I look forward to your reply.

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Duniverse(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2010
Some one help each time i install xp on my system it always install without sound. Its only vista dat have sound and i want to be using xp dont know what to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wichway: 9:11am On Feb 18, 2010
Help me out my pc iz displaying a blue screen (hardware malfunctiƶn contact ur vendor) plz wot cn i do to get rid of diz!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FBS: 9:16am On Feb 18, 2010
Duniverse:

Some one help each time i install xp on my system it always install without sound. Its only vista dat have sound and i want to be using xp dont know what to do.
What type of system?
Once you identify that, you should install the sound drivers for it.

Hope that helps.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maxjax(m): 11:03am On Feb 18, 2010
@deji2009 that link did more or less no go0d, my problm is that i have connected but i cnt access the net. . . thanx anyway
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2010
Can anybody tell me where I can download this application that scatters your pictures as ur desktop background and then changes them at a set time. Anybody know where I can download a full version pls or maybe a freeware that does that? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
Sweetdoct247:

Can anybody tell me where I can download this application that scatters your pictures as your desktop background and then changes them at a set time. Anybody know where I can download a full version pls or maybe a freeware that does that? Thanks

It under ya screen saver option. . .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
deji2009:

what you need upgrading Memory, graphics card or sound card. Thats all we need to know

Good luck !
thanks so hw do i upgrade d graphics card b'cos i jst upgrade d drivers around 2am today from toshiba site and it's still 64mb and plz wat does dis mean: Atapi ide 1: mkt50ga toshiba (hard disk).
Atapi ide 2: empty
Atapi ide 3: matshita dvd-ram uj-830s, i saw dat wen i was diagonizin my laptop online because my dvd-ram drive can't read any disc, so i'm thinkin if i can make it my 2nd ide atapi controller maybe dat'll work.
Thanks, more grease 2 ur elbow
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tayoast(m): 9:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
i'm unable 2 pin stuffs 2 my start menu.

whenever i right click (from d programs) on d item 2 be pinned, nothing comes up.

Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bube231: 12:19am On Feb 19, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]need to fix my ibm lenovo laptop - its free falling and i need to change the csing . any idea where i can get a new casing [/size][/size][/size]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guseman(m): 12:44am On Feb 19, 2010
is like i need to visit a good engineer but i hardly have time for myself.

Can you recommend a place with moderate charges?

TY
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guseman(m): 12:58am On Feb 19, 2010
deji2009:

If you followed my instructions, what version is your Bios ? This can be found
on the left hand side by trying main, advanced just play round until you find it.

2nd turn it off back on again then put your 3 fingers on J K L on the keyboard
and press very hard as this reset the graphics card. Good luck !

Bios version is F .3D

Processor type Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+

Total Memory 512MB

OPerating System :Windows Vista Ultimate edition

System board ID 30B7

Hope you guys have a clearer picture on my situation. The start up noise is that persistent and my system can't finish booting?

Is the re-installation corrupt?

I tried running XP but the system is not picking it (recognizing)
Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by froggie(m): 10:15am On Feb 19, 2010
Am using a Sony Vaio VGN-N21E laptop, reloaded it and now i need drivers to update it but can't find the ones dat works with it.
Wireless driver
Audio driver
PCI
bla bla bla.

Really appreciate a gud link to download these.
Tanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dwind: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2010
Please Nairaleaders some member in this forum has done well by helping me out.

my cyberKlock expired after three weeks of installation. I couldn't format because of some work unfortunatly, the server change it language to God knows language.

I have tried formating but it couldn't work.

Please any body with better solution should post to me

thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2010
froggie:

Am using a Sony Vaio VGN-N21E laptop, reloaded it and now i need drivers to update it but can't find the ones dat works with it.
Wireless driver
Audio driver
PCI
bla bla bla.

Really appreciate a gud link to download these.
Tanks

download unknown devices and use it to find the name of the devices, then search for them on the internet
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wackhack(m): 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2010
Someone should please help me o! My system went blank and all the keyboard are not functioning. At start up it only display Intel Centrino and after that it will go blank! What can i do o! I'm using Window 7 beta, HP pavillion dv6000 wit 1gg ram and 150g hard disk. It doesn't even go to safe mode.
What can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WafiJoe(m): 9:47am On Feb 20, 2010
I have a problem with my system, if i boot my pc, it will come up to windows level, display all desktop icons (i mean my files on desktop), after that the system will freeze. Windows will then report an error message
"The exception unknown software exeption (0xCOOOOOd) occurred in the applicational locatin ox78138a8c; click 'ok' to terminate the programme, click on 'cancel' to debug the programme".
When I click on 'ok', the desktop icon will disappear, and the system will be on a stand still (not responding). Then the only option is to remove power because windows will not even been able to shut down.
While when I click on 'debug', Windows will report that "the instruction at 0x78138a8c reference memory at 0x78138a8c. So if i click on ok windows will report that "the memory could not be written (tpsrv.exe)"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Duniverse(m): 10:50am On Feb 20, 2010
FBS:

What type of system?
Once you identify that, you should install the sound drivers for it.

Hope that helps.

am using emachine D620, i cant found the sound driver software, Any other alternative?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WafiJoe(m): 11:06am On Feb 20, 2010
i tot i just posted something?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2010
WafiJoe:

i tot i just posted something?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-401363.0.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2010
Duniverse:

am using emachine D620, i cant found the sound driver software, Any other alternative?

Dear Duniverse,

Thanks for you recent enquiry, after spending plenty of time we have found you
all your drivers such as sound, vga et cetera from emachine website.

http://www.emachines.co.uk/em/customercare.do?ctx1w.att21k=2&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&sp=page11l&CountryISOCtxParam=UK&ctx1l.c2att1=17&rcond3l.attN2B2F2EEF=3624&rcond4l.attN2B2F2EEF=3912&CRC=99015199

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2010
guseman:

Bios version is F .3D

Processor type Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+

Total Memory 512MB

OPerating System :Windows Vista Ultimate edition

System board ID 30B7

Hope you guys have a clearer picture on my situation. The start up noise is that persistent and my system can't finish booting?

Is the re-installation corrupt?

I tried running XP but the system is not picking it (recognizing)
Pls help

Thanks for providing the above information and looking at the problem so far. I'm afraid this is a hardware issue
and need to be service by a technician. ok on you left hand side where you have the power button try pressing on the
plastics and see if you same noise. if no joy then is a hardware issue. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2010
Dwind:

Please Nairaleaders some member in this forum has done well by helping me out.

my cyberKlock expired after three weeks of installation. I couldn't format because of some work unfortunatly, the server change it language to God knows language.

I have tried formating but it couldn't work.

Please any body with better solution should post to me

thanks in advance.

thanks for enquiry, I'm having difficulties understanding what you meant. Here's an example of a problem.
I have Dell 610, XP or small business server my clock stop or not ticking. That's an example. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
deji2009:

thanks for enquiry, I'm having difficulties understanding what you meant. Here's an example of a problem.
I have Dell 610, XP or small business server my clock stop or not ticking. That's an example. Good luck !

Having said that a business like yourselves should have server expert. to be honest this is not
the best place to get server support. I'm talking from the business angle .Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2010
wackhack:

Someone should please help me o! My system went blank and all the keyboard are not functioning. At start up it only display Intel Centrino and after that it will go blank! What can i do o! I'm using Window 7 beta, HP pavillion dv6000 wit 1gg ram and 150g hard disk. It doesn't even go to safe mode.
What can I do?

Dear Wackhack,

connect to external display such as a monitor or LCD TV then test
if you get a display then you need a Bios update. let us know
and one of the tec we be able to pinpoint you to HP website.

If no display after connecting to a monitor then you are looking
at hardware problem. Here is your diagnostics hold 3 of 5 fingers on
J, K, L and press firmly on each key at the same time for 40 seconds this usually
resolve most issues then test. if no joy pop the battery out+charger and
any other device attached such as external mouse etc

Dont be alarm ! hold one of your finger on the laptop power button for 40 seconds
this usually get rid of any static build up then test with no battery. immediately keep pressing

f10 to gain access to the bios where you a blue screen press f9 or anything that says
load default settings then f10 to save and exit then wait should boot up to windows
didnt shutdown successfully. start windows normally then give us feedback and the next
tec will be able to attend to you. however Hp has confirmed hadrware issues with this range of
laptop. Please scrool up and find the link i posted to a user with similar problem.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.