Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,092 members, 7,896,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:17 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1305091 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (1228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
dominique:

better hope and pray that you dont have problems with your computer ever!!!!

I have learnt from my experiences plus i have a way of solving any of ma problems relating to laptops and other gagdets
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 11:57pm On Feb 15, 2010
dominique:

but its not printing cry

Do it this way

CTRL + Prinsscreen key(located around del key)

Then Open paint. . . .And CTRL + V

Then save
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dominique(f): 12:03am On Feb 16, 2010
been there done that, its the insert key that is having problems. is there any other option without going through that means?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 12:04am On Feb 16, 2010
Do you need the insert key?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 12:10am On Feb 16, 2010
Oops. . .am windows rusty . . .Your Insert and prnt scrn use the same key. . .
And you function aint working aswell? When u press it simultaenously?

if that dont work. . . just intall a mini screen capturinf software. . .
I know of cam studio!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 12:11am On Feb 16, 2010
Oops. . .am windows rusty . . .Your Insert and prnt scrn use the same key. . .
And you function aint working aswell? When u press it simultaneously?

if that dont work. . . just intall a mini screen capturing software. .  .
I know of cam studio!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 12:23am On Feb 16, 2010
@dominique
there's an app that comes with vista, its called 'snipping tool' its really easy to use. . .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semidaraeb(m): 12:57am On Feb 16, 2010
Hmmm. . . .just passing through, lol.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semidaraeb(m): 1:01am On Feb 16, 2010
@ dominique
To reiterate what netotse posted. . . .if your lapy is running vista, it has an app called snipping tool which is for taking screenshots.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guseman(m): 1:13am On Feb 16, 2010
Hi guys,
I just reformatted my laptop and i was trying to upgrade it to vista but it stop booting after a successful reloading. There is always a continous beeping on startup '''Please how can i fix this error''

The RAM is 512 which i believe is too low but I have tried using another RAM but those ones didn't work. Please advise
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 1:23am On Feb 16, 2010
guseman:

Hi guys,
I just reformatted my laptop and i was trying to upgrade it to vista but it stop booting after a successful reloading. There is always a continous beeping on startup '''Please how can i fix this error''

The RAM is 512 which i believe is too low but I have tried using another RAM but those ones didn't work. Please advise
ummm maybe you want to tell us more abt your computer cos we're not magicians? . . .jst asking
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guseman(m): 1:29am On Feb 16, 2010
netotse:

ummm maybe you want to tell us more abt your computer cos we're not magicians? . . .jst asking

I didn't get your point. How can I fix this noise at start up? Hope you get the question now.

The laptop is DV6000 HP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:54am On Feb 16, 2010
semidaraeb:

@ dominique
To reiterate what netotse posted. . . .if your lapy is running vista, it has an app called snipping tool which is for taking screenshots.

Dear dominique

Like my colleagues have suggested if not try taking photos with your
phone or digital camera and attach it as .jpg format. when saving the
photos look about 6cm below should say save as make sure is jpg
then upload here for the tecs to see. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:04am On Feb 16, 2010
guseman:

I didn't get your point. How can I fix this noise at start up? Hope you get the question now.

The laptop is DV6000 HP

Dear guseman,

Thanks for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. HP DV series laptop
has known issues which is widely known. I'm guessing 2 beeps at start up, is that right ?

Does it boot into windows ? if it does then you will need a bios update to resolve this issue
www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us

If does not boot into windows take out the battery and charger and hold down your laptop
power button for 30 seconds then test. Do not take it to a technician until you have followed
our instructions then technician. The last resort is for the engineer putting a new motherboard
which cost alots + labour et cetera. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guseman(m): 2:17am On Feb 16, 2010
deji2009:

Dear guseman,

Thanks for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. HP DV series laptop
has known issues which is widely known. I'm guessing 2 beeps at start up, is that right ?

Does it boot into windows ? if it does then you will need a bios update to resolve this issue
www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us

If does not boot into windows take out the battery and charger and hold down your laptop
power button for 30 seconds then test. Do not take it to a technician until you have followed
our instructions then technician. The last resort is for the engineer putting a new motherboard
which cost alots + labour et cetera. Good luck !

Thank you so much. its a continuous beeping until when i press CRTL button, it wont stop or CAPS button before it will load.

Its not loading into windows again, if not it could have been an easy task to upgrade the systems BIOS. What do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:19am On Feb 16, 2010
@dehning

Here's your diags

Turn off Turn on keep pressing F10 until a blue screen appears
use your arrow key and go down to diagnostics hard drive self test
go for long test and make sure laptop is running through the mains.
after the test you will given a result pass or fail. if diagnostics is not
available no worries leave it on the blue screen while is plug to mains
examine for 1 hour until it shut itself down, if it does then is a hardware fault.

if it doesn't shutdown withing an hour is a software and will be a case of
reinstalling everything back to scratch and make sure you backup your data.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:23am On Feb 16, 2010
guseman:

Thank you so much. its a continuous beeping until when i press CRTL button, it wont stop or CAPS button before it will load.

Its not loading into windows again, if not it could have been an easy task to upgrade the systems BIOS. What do I do?

I will strongly recommend reading HP advice with the link i gave you. take your time
and see if you can copy Bios update unto a cd/dvd from a different machine pop the
disk inside your laptop and follow on screen instructions. Best bet follow the link
i gave you. you will need time to go through them. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:29am On Feb 16, 2010
@nnamadi

In other to achieve this you will need SATA to IDE converter. if you live in the united kingdom
pop in to your local branch pc world or currys and enquire about SATA to IDE converter or
ask at your local computer shop. This is a link explaining it's functions

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=IDE+TO+SAta+converter&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guseman(m): 2:33am On Feb 16, 2010
@Deji

Base on your advise to another member, I tried running the diagnostics test

TEST STATUS: #1-7 Fail

What does that mean?

I am anxious to hear from you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:34am On Feb 16, 2010
@1knight

what you mentioned isn't telling much. do you mean RAM ?
laptop are not easily upgradeable as suppose to a PC, however
if you have extra slots you can upgrade your video card, sound etc.

What's the make and model of your computer ? This will help us

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guseman(m): 2:43am On Feb 16, 2010
what sud i do,

Primary Disk Self test

Test status 1-07 fail
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:45am On Feb 16, 2010
guseman:

@Deji

Base on your advise to another member, I tried running the diagnostics test

TEST STATUS: #1-7 Fail

What does that mean?

I am anxious to hear from you.

Thanks for reading and following previous advice. Actually, I believe the #1-07 error is the result
of SMART failing in the SATA controller. That is a mainboard issue, the hard drive may be just fine.

For assurance, you might try to test the drive with the diagnostics and repair tools from the drive
manufacturer. They all offer something like Hitachi's DFT (drive fitness test) on their websites.

HP inbuilt HD test can sometime deceive. so, am reckoning is motherboard fault not a hdd.
reading through the link i gave you i am satisfy to let this off as a motherboard replacement,
however try updating the bios like i suggested on my previous reply.  to make sure your hard drive
exist go bios again look for main on the left hand side then should say Sata Hitachi or similar.

let us know what it says then give us a feed back. in addition try playing round until you see an
option to check for your bios version could be the old version. for better understanding check
www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us#c01087277_bios">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us#c01087277_bios

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:49am On Feb 16, 2010
@Guseman

I'm marrying my bed now should you need further advice please
let us know. meanwhile disconnect your laptop charger and exit
the blue screen until you were able to follow the previous diags

smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by guseman(m): 3:30am On Feb 16, 2010
@Deji

Thanks so much. I will update you later
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dehning(m): 12:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
@deji2009 thanks for the response,i'll try it 2nite
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RuuDie(m): 2:17pm On Feb 16, 2010
Please what do i do to an external HDD that isn't being recognized on my PC!?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2010
RuuDie:

can u hear the disks spinning inside? did u change the cable? have you tried it on another PC? Does the indicator light(if it has one) come one?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dominique(f): 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2010
@netose and semidaereb
pls where can i get the snipping tool?

here's what the microsupport gave me when i tried to fix it from the site

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
View products that this article applies to.
This article was previously published under Q314060
For a Windows 2000 version of this article, see 270008 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270008/ ) .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2010
@dominique
click start and just type in snipping. . .of course i'm assuming you're using vista. how did u manage to run the microsoft thingy since your IE isnt working?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:14am On Feb 17, 2010
RuuDie:

Here's your diagnostics

Start, computer / my computer

what does it say on the list ?

What connection are you using
e.g. USB Cable or Firewire et cetera

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dehning(m): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2010
@deji2009,i tried ur suggestion but the laptop went off less than 5mins into d diagnosis so i guess d problem in hardware.thanks all the same
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maxjax(m): 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
THIS WIFI RELATED PROBLEM

i hav got two vista laptops connected, one is connected to the internet via MTN Fastlink modem, while the other is connected via a Ad-hoc wifi network i created frm the 1st laptop, my problm nw is that, they both successfully connected, but the 2nd laptop failed to OPEN any internet page, on the NETWORK and SHARIN centre says is connected to the INTERNET, i tried usin proxies on the internet explorer but stil no way! sad . . . .what am i gettin wrong here? HELP is needed urgently pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (1228) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.