Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,248 members, 7,884,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 09:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1299065 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Teejay86: 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Pls help me i have a problem with my computer system in a situation where by computer system desktop have problem of to switchon an it we bring odnary light an not display it we only showing light with difrence corlour at some time it we show white light or at some time it we show blue and at some times it we show no signa pls help me what is the solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
Teejay86: Pls help me i have a problem with my computer system in a situation where by computer system desktop have problem of to switchon an it we bring odnary light an not display it we only showing light with difrence corlour at some time it we show white light or at some time it we show blue and at some times it we show no signa pls help me what is the solution.

not well presented I dnt understand much of what you said....... does it boot to desktop but doesn't show any icon? Or doesn't even boot to desktop?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
Am a Graphics designer, every time I want to pick a font from the font list when designing, it does not matter the program am using...my system would have to load for about 5-10 mins before the list pops up. Please what can I do to put an end to that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
Atyem: I had tried all the sugestion but to no avail. the computer is hp 530

What did you tried ?
Please read previous post
and reply in full
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
tibukunoluwa: Am a Graphics designer, every time I want to pick a font from the font list when designing, it does not matter the program am using...my system would have to load for about 5-10 mins before the list pops up. Please what can I do to put an end to that.
as a designer, you have installed too many fonts or installed a faulty font....try to remove some which you not always using
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slatemsk(m): 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
Slatemsk: Pls help,when i on my laptop dis is what show up
The device in the system modular bay cannot be identified. It may not be completely inserted or may have some other problem. Please read and complete the following steps in order:
1) press the device completely and firmly into the bay
2) power off the system
3) press the power button to retry detecting the device.
Press esc to ignore error and continue.
So wen i press esc it says NO BOOTABLE DEVICE
pls what can i do my laptop is dell
please gurus in d house help me with my question
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by exlink: 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
Our Facebook LIKE contest is back with double the cash on offer at our first contest. The contest is quite simple, LIKE LADIES TALKS on Facebook, between now and 30th of July 2013. On the 1st of August we choose THREE person who has LIKED us on Facebook and yeeeaaah they are winners.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO WIN?
* You must Like Ladies Talks between now and 30th of July 2013.
* You MUST check this page on the 1st of August, if you are the chosen winner, update this thread to claim your prize and we will give you N10,000 CASH!

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/ladiestalkss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:24am On Jun 26, 2013
Slatemsk: Pls help,when i on my laptop dis is what show up
The device in the system modular bay cannot be identified. It may not be completely inserted or may have some other problem. Please read and complete the following steps in order:
1) press the device completely and firmly into the bay
2) power off the system
3) press the power button to retry detecting the device.
Press esc to ignore error and continue.
So wen i press esc it says NO BOOTABLE DEVICE
pls what can i do my laptop is dell

n other words, your drive failed and you installed another drive, (probably larger size and
different brand name and now your BIOS does not recognize it under devices most likely when new
drive inserted you can't see the CD-ROM either.What's the laptop make and model number ? for example,
Dell 1520 Windows Vista.Restart the laptop pressing f2 to get to bios, when in you are there navigate to
diagnostics and run a hard drive test. if no joy press f12, boot to the diagnostics
and run hard drive extended test. It sounds like either the battery or the drive (floppy or CD-ROM) is not seated correctly. On the bios screen underneath system,look for boot and make sure the hard rive is on the list. have you just install a new hard drive and is it seated properly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:29am On Jun 26, 2013
Teejay86: Pls help me i have a problem with my computer system in a situation where by computer system desktop have problem of to switchon an it we bring odnary light an not display it we only showing light with difrence corlour at some time it we show white light or at some time it we show blue and at some times it we show no signa pls help me what is the solution.

adewasco2k:

not well presented I dnt understand much of what you said....... does it boot to desktop but doesn't show any icon? Or doesn't even boot to desktop?

Given adewasco2k's diagnnostics, please consider the followings.

What's the make and model number of the laptop ? e.g. Toshiba P300 Windows vista

ATX Reset
If you have had any issues with you computer and phoned the help line
number one of the common things they will ask you to do is an ATX reset,
Basically this just resets the power supply in your computer and in most
cases can solve some power issues.

Disconnect the power from your computer.
If possible remove the battery and external devices.
Hold the power button for about 15 seconds
Put the battery back in the computer
Reconnect the power
Press the power button to turn on your computer

If no joy, get back to us.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2013
adewasco2k:

If you had said the exact operating system would have provided a direct link to download it but sure you can still download it here

nomoless:

Thanks a million. It tool me some time to install due to network problem, my audio is now working. Thank you very much and God bless.

We are all please to learn that your sound is now working. Nice one Adewasko !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 26, 2013
PLS HELP, MY LAPTOP IS SAYING "THIS COPY OF WIDOWS IS NOT GENUINE" SINCE THEN SCREEN HAS BEEN BLANK THOUGH I CAN STILL USE THE SYSTEM BUT SCREEN OR WALLPAPER CAN NOT APPEAR ON THE SCREEN.THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:09am On Jun 26, 2013
smartireke: PLS HELP, MY LAPTOP IS SAYING "THIS COPY OF WIDOWS IS NOT GENUINE" SINCE THEN SCREEN HAS BEEN BLANK THOUGH I CAN STILL USE THE SYSTEM BUT SCREEN OR WALLPAPER CAN NOT APPEAR ON THE SCREEN.08033583182.THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.

You need to buy one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosh1988(m): 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
Please help me out I try to on my desktop this morning and the booting was so slow, after booting it suppose to so d window menu it jus started booting again and again and shutdown itself after 30minuit. please what can cause this? I don't understand.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mosh1988: Please help me out I try to on my desktop this morning and the booting was so slow, after booting it suppose to so d window menu it jus started booting again and again and shutdown itself after 30minuit. please what can cause this? I don't understand.

All i can deduce from your text is that it keeps reloading without reacing the desktop phase. What is the operating system. Winxp or win 7?

And what other symptoms? What happened exactly, did you do a virus scan, what antivirus do use?
It will help us better understand you bro.
Please communicate more effectively. We need to understand what you are trying to say.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosh1988(m): 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ok, Thankx bro
Is window XP
Nothing do it b4 because i used it yestday nothing was wrong with it as at 7pm yestday, jus wanted to on it 2day and started reloading.
But what i notice is that, when am using it yestday light went off i jus unplug it and leave it till this morning.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonylee5566(m): 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
cool the information ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mosh1988: Ok, Thankx bro
Is window XP
Nothing do it b4 because i used it yestday nothing was wrong with it as at 7pm yestday, jus wanted to on it 2day and started reloading.
But what i notice is that, when am using it yestday light went off i jus unplug it and leave it till this morning.

ok...When start it after the BIOS screen.Continue pressing f8 key on the keyboard. It will list some options First try

"Last know good configuration that worked" option by scrooling down and selecting it by pressing enter

If that dosent work. Try restarting again and hold the f8 key and select "safe mode".

It will show some stuff on the screen, just ignore until it loads. If this works and it loads to windows then restart the system normally. Get back to us if it works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
4lllerubuntu...i have not forgotten you.

Been busy would have pm'ed you on a solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nedum1979: 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Livedrive brings powerful online backup, cloud storage, collaboration and sharing features to your business. It’s easy to use making it suitable for everyone – from one man businesses up to larger enterprises. See what Livedrive can do for your business click below to read more.

http://www.livedrive.com/?a_aid=51caefa2ca0dd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
My modem connects to internet but doesn't
browse..I checked if there was any data uploading
or downloading but there was none.help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lisamscott: 7:08am On Jun 27, 2013
I would like some help to fix my computer my son has done something to my DVD drive and now I can,t use it as it dose no recognise the disc
I think he might have deleted the program or some thing I don't really no
Any help would be good thanks lisa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lisamscott: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2013
Lisamscott: I would like some help to fix my computer my son has done something to my DVD drive and now I can,t use it as it dose no recognise the disc
I think he might have deleted the program or some thing I don't really no
Any help would be good thanks lisa
I think I now no what is wrong but still don't no how to fix it
The cd- rom drive , driver has a problem
And says code 19
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by malachi2uk(m): 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2013
I WANT TO UNINSTALL SOFTWARE BUT LOOK AT THE ERROR MSG AM GETTING

I NEED HELP ASAP PLS

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
does anyone know where in ikeja i can get a good PC graphics card ? preferably a nvidia geoforce 2gb direct X 11 compatable one ...... undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
malachi2uk: I WANT TO UNINSTALL SOFTWARE BUT LOOK AT THE ERROR MSG AM GETTING

I NEED HELP ASAP PLS
Go into your C drive and locate your programs directory. Look for xMarket MT4 folder and keep scrolling until you fine 'Uninstall' (with application indication to the far right of it). Right-click on it and select 'Run as administrator' to uninstall it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tripledub: 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
Please help me with the unlock code for my mtn huawei E303s-1 modem. Imei no. 867648010077467.
Serial no. U9cbya9270714593. Thank u sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vijon(m): 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
@all,can a virus make a PC shut down after booting?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vijon(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
[quote author=Vijon][/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Teejay86: 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
the main broblem is that its does not show any icons on screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by itoldu: 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
Pls i need help with the screen casing of my toshiba satellite m645. I'd really appreciate if anyone has an engineer who can help find the replacement kit. It got damaged badly including the hinges. I've found the screen. pls call or text me on 07032317918. Bless.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
itoldu: Pls i need help with the screen casing of my toshiba satellite m645. I'd really appreciate if anyone has an engineer who can help find the replacement kit. It got damaged badly including the hinges. I've found the screen. pls call or text me on 07032317918. Bless.
location?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
Teejay86: the main broblem is that its does not show any icons on screen
boot in safe mode

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (1226) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.