Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,225 members, 7,884,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1299044 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Addays(m): 3:19am On Jun 28, 2013
Pls can anyone hlp me with my Toshiba Satellite L735. When there is power failure and I had to run on battery but whenever the power is restored and I plug in my power cable, the notification icon says 'plugged in, chargin' but after some seconds d d 'chargin notification led light' goes off and when I check the notification icon I realize the perecentage charge on d battery reduces. Most times I hv to shut the system down n allow to charge for a while till abt 95% bfor I can put it on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mekky316: 6:56am On Jun 28, 2013
Please someone should help me out with what possibly could be the cause and the possible exact solution to my acer 5535 series which has this fault; some keys on the keyboard are not functional when you tap them (this a recent development). Firstly, it started with the ''Delete key'' a long while now but i ignored it and alternatively used the second ''Delete key'' at the numeric key section of the keyboard. But today, now i found out that the ''Down Arrow key'', the ''Enter key'', the ''Backspace key'' are no more functional when tapped and who knows how many more keys have been affected so far. Please someone with full knowledge of its solution or who has had previous experience over this should help me out so i know how to go about this issue 'cos its so annoying and disgusting thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by itoldu: 7:30am On Jun 28, 2013
adewasco2k:
location?

Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 8:18am On Jun 28, 2013
i use an unlocked GLO 3G modem...i have tested mtn on it the 3g fluctuates like every second so i can't download anytin,airtel doesn't get any network on it at all 2g n 3g..while glo gets full edge n 3g.my internet data is only on mtn..help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TrebleChamp(m): 10:35am On Jun 28, 2013
Goodday tech gurus, please i need your help. I downloaded a game Zombie Shooter 2 394mb from topgames.com and installing it. When i click to play it, i get this message (the program can't start because d3dx9_27.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem).I have unistall and reinstalled it but its the same. What does that code mean? and do i need to download any software to play large size games? i downloaded other games like Alien Shooker, star racing and super bike from the same site and it plays without any problem, although the size is less than 50mb each. I installed bittorrent on my system but don't know how to work run it. Thanks for the anticipated assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2013
TrebleChamp: Goodday tech gurus, please i need your help. I downloaded a game Zombie Shooter 2 394mb from topgames.com and installing it. When i click to play it, i get this message (the program can't start because d3dx9_27.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem).I have unistall and reinstalled it but its the same. What does that code mean? and do i need to download any software to play large size games? i downloaded other games like Alien Shooker, star racing and super bike from the same site and it plays without any problem, although the size is less than 50mb each. I installed bittorrent on my system but don't know how to work run it. Thanks for the anticipated assistance.

That is because you dont have DirectX installed on your computer. Download it here

But if you have it installed already then specify, you will only need to download the dll patch and you will be good
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2013
itoldu:

Lagos

Contact Adetwin then, he is in Lagos

contact details:

Adetwin IT Concept Ent.
Having a good time maintaining your Desktop Computers, Laptop, Palm Top and Network,As computer technology increases in complexity so does the need for a qualified service provider who is able to maintain and support that technology.

Contact Details:
Office Address: 12,Alof Street Off Omididun Street Lagos Island, Lagos.
Tel: +234-7057140885, +234-7082998588, +234-8133018196
Email: adetwin@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2013
ahmedgafar7: i use an unlocked GLO 3G modem...i have tested mtn on it the 3g fluctuates like every second so i can't download anytin,airtel doesn't get any network on it at all 2g n 3g..while glo gets full edge n 3g.my internet data is only on mtn..help

I dont think that has anything to do with the modem....looks like you only have good GLO signal in your area
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:50am On Jun 28, 2013
adewasco2k:

That is because you dont have DirectX installed on your computer. Download it here

But if you have it installed already then specify, you will only need to download the dll patch and you will be good
I love nairaland, the game plays well now. Thanks so much boss, God bless. Please how do i download and install torrent games? i have bittorrent installed in my system but i dont know what it does or how to use it. Thanks again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
mekky316: Please someone should help me out with what possibly could be the cause and the possible exact solution to my acer 5535 series which has this fault; some keys on the keyboard are not functional when you tap them (this a recent development). Firstly, it started with the ''Delete key'' a long while now but i ignored it and alternatively used the second ''Delete key'' at the numeric key section of the keyboard. But today, now i found out that the ''Down Arrow key'', the ''Enter key'', the ''Backspace key'' are no more functional when tapped and who knows how many more keys have been affected so far. Please someone with full knowledge of its solution or who has had previous experience over this should help me out so i know how to go about this issue 'cos its so annoying and disgusting thanks!
d best u can do is 2 take ur laptop keyboard out n check if d connector tip is wearing out (ribbon cable)....if it is den u ve 2 cut it out n use a sharp razor 2 create new contacts..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
adewasco2k:

I dont think that has anything to do with the modem....looks like you only have good GLO signal in your area
thanks...this mtn self sometimes with the 3g network not up to 1 bar i get up to 1.5Mb/s
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jopartanal: 3:50am On Jun 29, 2013
adewasco2k:

Again we dont give product keys here...but sure somebody can mail you one and also you can google up windows 7 ultimate product key.txt you should see as many as possible.

Thanks, i got more than enough keys now. More ororo to your elbow, God bless you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonylee5566(m): 6:57am On Jun 29, 2013
ASUS PC + Nexus 7 Tablets shocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Brezzybone(m): 8:49am On Jun 29, 2013
pls sir this my first time here help me pls my system at a point wen i on the kb will be on bt the screen will nt display and if it displays it will show. the file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum. Pls help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolugar: 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
SOS... my system can't boot its writing windows error recovery... windows failed
to start. i tried stating windows normal and i also tried running repairs
but nothing happened. pls i need urgent help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Addays(m): 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
Addays: Pls can anyone hlp me with my Toshiba Satellite L735. When there is power failure and I had to run on battery but whenever the power is restored and I plug in my power cable, the notification icon says 'plugged in, chargin' but after some seconds d d 'chargin notification led light' goes off and when I check the notification icon I realize the perecentage charge on d battery reduces. Most times I hv to shut the system down n allow to charge for a while till abt 95% bfor I can put it on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 8:24am On Jul 01, 2013
tolugar: SOS... my system can't boot its writing windows error recovery... windows failed

Adetwin IT Concept Ent.
Having a good time maintaining your Desktop Computers, Laptop, Palm Top and Network,As computer technology increases in complexity so does the need for a qualified service provider who is able to maintain and support that technology.

Contact Details:
Office Address: 12,Alof Street Off Omididun Street Lagos Island, Lagos.
Tel: +234-7057140885, +234-7082998588, +234-8133018196
Email: adetwin@hotmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Socratez20(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2013
i cant hear sounds when playing movies or music on my hp 620 pls whats the problem could it be the speaker?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
Socratez20: i cant hear sounds when playing movies or music on my hp 620 pls whats the problem could it be the speaker?

Thank you for getting intouch with us. firstly, is this win xp, vista or win 7.

Check to make usure the speaker has not been placed on mute or low level
when was the last time it works ? okay, look at the far right where usually
there is a speaker, is there any red x that read no audio output installed?
Click start and look for a run or type in the start menu box run and a box
should come up. please type dxdiag and press enter naviagete to sound
and should have option to test if not does it state no problem found

Please answer this questions and we know what to do if no joy. my colleague
will take it to check device manager for conflicts /driver installation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
tolugar: SOS... my system can't boot its writing windows error recovery... windows failed

Is this win vista or win 7 ?

if win vista or win 7

restart and keep pressing f8
select safe mode, if it boot to safe mode let
us know one of my colleague will run you
through a system restore to turn the clock back to
when it last works. if safe doesn't work you have to
boot to repair your computer automatically using the same
f8 and go for automatically repair if thats what you've alreday tried
select system restore when you get to the menu where you have command prompt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Spab4christ: 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
Some keypads on my laptop keyboard r no longer working... Any idea what i can do...?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tiwanna(f): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
hello please i need some help, most of the pages that i load on net are giving me stuff like dns lookup failed, apart from the ones i visit regularly, even twitter doesn't work any more and its frustrating me, i have tried to flush my dns by typing ipconfig/flushdns on my cmd but it doesn't work,and same things goes on in all my browser (I.E, chrome and Mozilla). I cant seem to find help anywhere, please can anyone help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:24am On Jul 02, 2013
Spab4christ: Some keypads on my laptop keyboard r no longer working... Any idea what i can do...?

Replace the keyboard with a new one or best bet. Take it to an engineer, the flex might need cutting out and sharpening.

Not something you can do at home.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2013
Tiwanna: hello please i need some help, most of the pages that i load on net are giving me stuff like dns lookup failed, apart from the ones i visit regularly, even twitter doesn't work any more and its frustrating me, i have tried to flush my dns by typing ipconfig/flushdns on my cmd but it doesn't work,and same things goes on in all my browser (I.E, chrome and Mozilla). I cant seem to find help anywhere, please can anyone help me

What isp do you use?

And how do you connect to the internet? Through a modem, public wifi or what?

It is the isps server that handles DNS....So maybe you contact your provider.

Also i got this link for you...You might want to follow it up since you are pretty good with cmd commands.

e-enable the firewall
connect to the router/modem per usual
get a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
now copy the entire contents of myTCP.txt and
a) paste into your follow-up

Click here
From there we can move to something....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Segunagagu(m): 4:53am On Jul 03, 2013
Plssss my laptop battery jst stop working. .and I bought it brand new. .and its nt even up to a year yet. .even nt up to 7 month sef.....wat can I do..my laptop is nw a tv
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2013
onegig:

What isp do you use?

And how do you connect to the internet? Through a modem, public wifi or what?

It is the isps server that handles DNS....So maybe you contact your provider.

Also i got this link for you...You might want to follow it up since you are pretty good with cmd commands.

e-enable the firewall
connect to the router/modem per usual
get a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
now copy the entire contents of myTCP.txt and
a) paste into your follow-up

Click here
From there we can move to something....

Givrn onegig's advice please consider the followings

By Default in most computers DNS server addresses are obtained automatically. You need to change it and use open dns. Its recommended to use Google DNS. i.e 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 . Or you can find the best dns servers for your computer.

One you change the dns server addresses,restart your computer. Clear cookies, Cache , Browsing History from your browser settings. Try to disable add-ons and see if its works. If you still get a problem try to use in private browsing.

If all the above steps fail, go to Google Chrome settings, Click on show advanced settings and under privacy you would find “Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors” just remove the tick from the check box next to it and restart chrome.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tiwanna(f): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2013
tried all that,it ain't working, am using mtn modem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:13am On Jul 03, 2013
Tiwanna: tried all that,it ain't working, am using mtn modem.
you need to quote what you tried, ie. onegig's advice or deji2009
be specific
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tiwanna(f): 11:52am On Jul 03, 2013
its not just a chrome problem, its a problem on all my browsers, and i tried both.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
Tiwanna: its not just a chrome problem, its a problem on all my browsers, and i tried both.

Could you please try the Mtn dongle on another computer ?

Did you installed Norton ? And have you check your antivirus is not
blocking the connrction

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (1226) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.