Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,387 members, 7,944,001 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:50 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1327986 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ACTIONSAS(m): 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

which version of AVG are u trying 2 download/install.
IT is 2013v. at 1st i try to Dwnload It online but as the error keep on occuring after sevral attemps, i then decide 2 buy the soft copy frm the maket, when try to install it from the disc the thing shows same error code as to when i was trying to dwnload it online. the code is: 0*E001D027, with an aditional msg: 'an un expected runtime error occured'. pls the second number in the code is 'times' not 'star' thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 7:55am On Aug 31, 2013
can someone tell me how these steam thing works ?subscriptions?free or what?http://store.steampowered.com/about/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 8:49am On Aug 31, 2013
ACTIONSAS: IT is 2013v. at 1st i try to Dwnload It online but as the error keep on occuring after sevral attemps, i then decide 2 buy the soft copy frm the maket, when try to install it from the disc the thing shows same error code as to when i was trying to dwnload it online. the code is: 0*E001D027, with an aditional msg: 'an un expected runtime error occured'. pls the second number in the code is 'times' not 'star' thanks!

OK and you've been able to download and install other stuff without getting a similar error?.

Please try to install the AVG on another system to check if you will get the same error or not, if yes then the installer package is corrupt.

Do you have any other Antivirus or Antimalware that u have installed on your system, if you do, i will advise you download the uninstaller package of the particular Antivirus/AntiMalware and use to completely remove the prog, then u try installing the AVG again.

Download Ccleaner it is a free tiny tool for cleaning and fixing registry errors, use it to scan and fix ur system if there are errors and try AVG again afterwards.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 9:52am On Aug 31, 2013
Good morni, i try to format my USB but couldnt format , d info i get is " windows was unable to complete the format "
Again , what i really need again is that how can i retrieve d information on d usb. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2013
dridowu: Good morni, i try to format my USB but couldnt format , d info i get is " windows was unable to complete the format "
Again , what i really need again is that how can i retrieve d information on d usb. Thanks

Probably the flash drive is bad. U will need a utility software like Recover my files, to get ur data back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bobo65(m): 11:44am On Aug 31, 2013
Pls I mistakenly sat on my mini laptop .. The screen broke... I wanna know how much I'll use to replace the screen...d pic is below..... D model is HP mini 210-2145dx..... U can call and whatsapp me cry if u have info for me on 070732443577...fanx cry

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:58am On Aug 31, 2013
Can a nvidia geforce 780 gtx work accurately in a PCI 2.0 slot?

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-780/specifications
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sorry ooo , you should be more carefull next time . Check out this link .mayne it would help he is. A
fellow nairalander in ikeja.https://www.nairaland.com/1382320/fix-laptop-screens-very-good
bobo65: Pls I mistakenly sat on my mini laptop .. The screen broke... I wanna know how much I'll use to replace the screen...d pic is below..... D model is HP mini 210-2145dx..... U can call and whatsapp me cry if u have info for me on 070732443577...fanx cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
bobo65: Pls I mistakenly sat on my mini laptop .. The screen broke... I wanna know how much I'll use to replace the screen...d pic is below..... D model is HP mini 210-2145dx..... U can call and whatsapp me cry if u have info for me on 070732443577...fanx cry

10-17k depending on location....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
purplekayc: Can a nvidia geforce 780 gtx work accurately in a PCI 2.0 slot?

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-780/specifications

No at all....

it supports only PCI Express 3.0 and above...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bobo65(m): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
Fanx a lot, someone called me saying he will use 10k, pls if urs will b cheaper, lemme know
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kunlex445(m): 2:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
How much does 2gb Of Ram Cost..?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
purplekayc: www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=nl&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=4047665&prodTypeId=12454&objectID=c01917308">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=nl&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=4047665&prodTypeId=12454&objectID=c01917308

This my pc specs I bdont know if it will support gtx 780 which I wanna upgrade 2

Link not working please type or copy the system model or specification here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
kunlex445: How much does 2gb Of Ram Cost..?
prices vary. Also there are different types of ram.. Sd ram, ddr 1 to 3 and many more. If its any of the ddr shouldn't more than 5k to 7k in lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ACTIONSAS(m): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

OK and you've been able to download and install other stuff without getting a similar error?.

Please try to install the AVG on another system to check if you will get the same error or not, if yes then the installer package is corrupt.

Do you have any other Antivirus or Antimalware that u have installed on your system, if you do, i will advise you download the uninstaller package of the particular Antivirus/AntiMalware and use to completely remove the prog, then u try installing the AVG again.

Download Ccleaner it is a free tiny tool for cleaning and fixing registry errors, use it to scan and fix ur system if there are errors and try AVG again afterwards.

KnightsTemplar:

KnightsTemplar:

i did just as you say bros(i.e downloaded the Ccleaner n uninstall the default antivirus, which was Mcafee). but now i've been trying to install the avg but it took more than 3hrs saying: welcome we are preparing your installation files. i guess there may be another problem sir!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:25am On Sep 01, 2013
ACTIONSAS: i did just as you say bros(i.e downloaded the Ccleaner n uninstall the default antivirus, which was Mcafee). but now i've been trying to install the avg but it took more than 3hrs saying: welcome we are preparing your installation files. i guess there may be another problem sir!
ever heard of microsoft security essentials
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rocafela8: 1:26am On Sep 01, 2013
Please house all icons on my laptop's desktop has turned to vlc as default opener. If i try opening any it opens tru vlc thereby not opening. i tried uninstalling vlc then restarting the system it became normal but on installing vlc again it started again and changed as default opener again. What can i do ??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 3:05am On Sep 01, 2013
Rocafela8: Please house all icons on my laptop's desktop has turned to vlc as default opener. If i try opening any it opens tru vlc thereby not opening. i tried uninstalling vlc then restarting the system it became normal but on installing vlc again it started again and changed as default opener again. What can i do ??
you have a corrupt registry, you need a exe & lnk fix .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 5:12am On Sep 01, 2013
Rocafela8: Please house all icons on my laptop's desktop has turned to vlc as default opener. If i try opening any it opens tru vlc thereby not opening. i tried uninstalling vlc then restarting the system it became normal but on installing vlc again it started again and changed as default opener again. What can i do ??
You will need fix the association for a particular file type but first what operating system do you have? secondly try this and lets see when opening a file lets say a word document instead of clicking open, right click and select open with, then click more programs and select Microsoft office, does that even work?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skillz4u(m): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2013
Good day great people of nairalanders help me out with my compact laptop its not working again, when I power it up it will only show the first page when u on any system then it will start showing black and white. It will not go more from that. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rocafela8: 11:15am On Sep 01, 2013
dragnet:
please what's that an app ?? How do i go about that ?? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rocafela8: 11:15am On Sep 01, 2013
dragnet:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Maybach4: 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
I want to replace my laptop's dc jack.. How much wil it cost? I also wana upgrade d processor.. Socket is mPGA479. Supports 64bit.. Using it just for tests..
2.5GB RAM DDR2
celeron m 520 1.6ghz mpga479*
motherboard 943gml
80gb5400rpm..
The power supply light keeps blinking..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
ACTIONSAS: i did just as you say bros(i.e downloaded the Ccleaner n uninstall the default antivirus, which was Mcafee). but now i've been trying to install the avg but it took more than 3hrs saying: welcome we are preparing your installation files. i guess there may be another problem sir!

undecided 3hrs, search 4 McAfee Antivirus Uninstall tool, do use to scan for any remnant of McAfee, then use the Ccleaner to scan ur system again.

Again which of the AVG is Taking this long, is it the downloaded version or the one u bought, if it is the one u bought, do this, do not install from the CD, create a folder on ur desktop, name it AVG, copy all the content of the CD and dump in the folder u created. located the Executable file of AVG, in the folder, then try to run it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
Rocafela8: please what's that an app ?? How do i go about that ?? Thanks
I'd try to zip 'em n upload for u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ACTIONSAS(m): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
onegig: ever heard of microsoft security essentials
I've got it i just finish dloading it, it's just that it took a long time of wich may be is from my network strenght! thanks 4 ur concern, am very greatfull
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
ACTIONSAS: I've got it i just finish dloading it, it's just that it took a long time of wich may be is from my network strenght! thanks 4 ur concern, am very greatfull
happy to know it worked for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 4:30am On Sep 02, 2013
Plz guyz help here. . .my dell m5030 inspiron doesnt have bluetooth and wifi..but it came with a cd for driving them out. .tried driving them out.,but i'm getting response that its not compatible with my system. .what can i do cuz i really need the wifi. .tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 5:48am On Sep 02, 2013
Dont place your Laptop on such a surface, always place on a solid flat surface. by the way the screen is around 7k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 5:54am On Sep 02, 2013
GrAnDwEeZ: Plz guyz help here. . .my dell m5030 inspiron doesnt have bluetooth and wifi..but it came with a cd for driving them out. .tried driving them out.,but i'm getting response that its not compatible with my system. .what can i do cuz i really need the wifi. .tnx

You bought it brand new? this is to scrap out the question of "if the bluetooth or wifi hardware is inside"
secondly has it even been working?
if you didnt buy it brand new i think you should search for the drivers online rather also check you device manager if its even stated there

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.