Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,387 members, 7,944,001 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:50 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1327986 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
Alveez: please house can someone here help me , my system usually go BLANK these days and d screen goes black then comes back on again after few seconds. and a warning message will appear when its back on that..........."Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

please what can i do about it to stop this anormally. thanks so much in advance for helping out.

Did you update your drivers recently?
what was the last thing you did/installed that you can recollect before this problem started?
if your answer is yes to the first question,
Try this,roll back driver
*right click on my computer
*click on manage, on the right column, click on device manager
*go to display adapters and expand, then double click on the displayed name or right click and select properties
*a window will pop up, click on the driver tab
*then click on roll back driver.
*follow the instructions to roll back driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Mobile
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leadertext: 11:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
@skydancer ..pls wat site can I get e-books on hw to use spss 17.1 statistical software..I nid to learn it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leadertext: 11:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
@skydancer ..pls wat site can I get e-books on hw to use spss 17.1 statistical software..I nid to learn it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fatito1(m): 11:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
Som1 shoud hlp my laptop keyboard s malfunction especially d enter key wil stop n it cn tak up to 3days b4 it start workin again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 7:42am On Aug 29, 2013
falansa: I got a new hp 655 about 2months ago. I havent insert any disk inside the dvd-rom since then. But to my surprise, i tried to copy a film to it yesterday but it will eject itself about 30seconds after i inserted the disk without displaying the disk contents. All disks i inserted to it just eject like the first one. This laptop is just two months old. Pls what is d solution. Thanks in advance

still waiting for suggestions. Engineers pls help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adaslove(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2013
Pls guys, I just get window 8 and my MTN modem is already unlock but unfortunately I've lost the book I used to write down the settings for various networks on pc. Pls kindly give me the links to the settings of various networks using modems. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odohemma(m): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2013
Hello guys, I have a hp dm4 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium OS that was locked & d password misplaced. I was asked to format d system to be able to make use of it which I did, a windows 8 OS was installed to d detriment of a lot of drivers. The misplaced password was later found but here's d challenge, can the previous Windows 7 OS & all d drivers that came along with d system be restored? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2013
odohemma: Hello guys, I have a hp dm4 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium OS that was locked & d password misplaced. I was asked to format d system to be able to make use of it which I did, a windows 8 OS was installed to d detriment of a lot of drivers. The misplaced password was later found but here's d challenge, can the previous Windows 7 OS & all d drivers that came along with d system be restored? Thanks
did u remove d inbuilt recovery partition?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 11:48am On Aug 29, 2013
fatito1: Som1 shoud hlp my laptop keyboard s malfunction especially d enter key wil stop n it cn tak up to 3days b4 it start workin again
have u tried an external kibod.. if u havent i suggest u try an external usb kibod.. and tell us ur experience. u might be in 4 a kibod replacement.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odohemma(m): 11:56am On Aug 29, 2013
brightk: did u remove d inbuilt recovery partition?

A technician did d formatting, the system currently has only one drive (C: drive)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
help, i try to format an Asus laptop but its keep saying "NO DISK FOUND" what should do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
3RNEST: help, i try to format an Asus laptop but its keep saying "NO DISK FOUND" what should do?
check the hdd using an external connector.. It might be bad.. Or else you need to key in the hdd well it might have been dislocated from its slot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hi there!

Please I would love NLders to help me oout on this issue:

I bought some video DVDs, which were sent to me via online links. But after downloading the videos, I realized that they were either corrupt or something. They rather appeared in notepad form with words that seem to be written in arabic or whatever. The sender claimed he sent the same links to others without such complaint. Please, what can be the cause of such anomaly n how can I get through it successfully?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
odohemma:

A technician did d formatting, the system currently has only one drive (C: drive)
forget it. The recovery is gone. Let him just find you the windows 8 drivers because even if you revert back to win 7 you would still need the drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
falansa:

still waiting for suggestions. Engineers pls help me out

It is always good to test every aspect of your electronic devices at least during 1 week of purchase cos there might be factory faults.

Your best option is to take it back to where you bought it from, it should still be under waranty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odohemma(m): 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
onegig: forget it. The recovery is gone. Let him just find you the windows 8 drivers because even if you revert back to win 7 you would still need the drivers.

Thank u. Can the drivers be gotten from an identical system? Can the windows 7 OS be retreived in any way?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
3RNEST: help, i try to format an Asus laptop but its keep saying "NO DISK FOUND" what should do?
did u boot in2 ur bios n check if it recognizes d hdd.. can u identify d hdd led on d case n si if it lights up wen d pc powers on (i want 2 believe its a laptop..even desktops ve hdd led on dia casin.) well if none of dis work.. u ve 2 open d hdd compartment n si if its in position.. if its not make sure u fit it n power d pc back.. if it still doesnt show den u have 2 use an external connector.. u cud probably get an external casing 2 si if d hdd is working.. lastly what os re u tryin 2 install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
odohemma:

Thank u. Can the drivers be gotten from an identical system? Can the windows 7 OS be retreived in any way?
ur best bet is 2 go into ur manufacturers site, put ur model no and get ur drivers right away.. no 2 pcs are identical except they both bear d same model no( am not referring 2 product no here).... even if they bear d same name... 4 e.g ur lan port might come 4rm a difft chip manufacturer likewise d other pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okponee: Hi there!

Please I would love NLders to help me oout on this issue:

I bought some video DVDs, which were sent to me via online links. But after downloading the videos, I realized that they were either corrupt or something. They rather appeared in notepad form with words that seem to be written in arabic or whatever. The sender claimed he sent the same links to others without such complaint. Please, what can be the cause of such anomaly n how can I get through it successfully?
it might be some interruption during download..did u try using d open with and den navigate 2 ur dvd player program, did u try another video player? can u check d file extension of d videos n tell us.. i dont want 2 believe u ve bin scammed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odohemma(m): 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
brightk: ur best bet is 2 go into ur manufacturers site, put ur model no and get ur drivers right away.. no 2 pcs are identical except they both bear d same model no( am not referring 2 product no here).... even if they bear d same name... 4 e.g ur lan port might come 4rm a difft chip manufacturer likewise d other pc

As for the OS, can a 'Reinstall Disk compatible with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit' be used to recover the old Windows 7 OS or do I have to get a new Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phiszo(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
brightk: since u said its new i suggest u take it back 2 were u bot it 4rm.. maybe its a factory problem no need 4 troubleshooting since its just a day old.. gudluck
thanks. The battery is faulty. Will take it back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
odohemma:

As for the OS, can a 'Reinstall Disk compatible with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit' be used to recover the old Windows 7 OS or do I have to get a new Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS?
just install any operating system you want. Then when done just come back here and list the missing drivers. I will give you a link to download from.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mosak(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pls, someone should help me with these problem. My hp presario CQ58 laptop keyboard and trackpad is not working, even d system as refuse to boot to normal window homepage. When I switch on, it showing me system menu" that I should press enter to continue with some other key command. Pressing the enter, is now a problem, because my keyboard is not working... Pls help a brother in need oo. Thinking of taking it to a technician but need ur kind advice first.. Thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
mosak: Pls, someone should help me with these problem. My hp presario CQ58 laptop keyboard and trackpad is not working, even d system as refuse to boot to normal window homepage. When I switch on, it showing me system menu" that I should press enter to continue with some other key command. Pressing the enter, is now a problem, because my keyboard is not working... Pls help a brother in need oo. Thinking of taking it to a technician but need ur kind advice first.. Thanx
did it fall down? And when did you start noticing this anomaly?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
Pls help me out my HP G60-531NR Notebook PC keyboard is malfunctioning, some keys are not working, like the ENTER + Arrow KEYS, how can i do to fix this? embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mosak(m): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
onegig: did it fall down? And when did you start noticing this anomaly?
No, it didn't fall but it been quite a while since I used it, is dat meant to cause it to malfunction? Thanks for your concern.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
@ brightk: Tnx very much for ur inclination to help. It's a .rar file n I've eventually got 2 know why it refused to play. I's to use winrar to extract the files first before playing it. But the only challenge I've got now is on how to hear the sound. Even when it's at the highest volume, one can't hear as it's very faint. Maybe, I have to buy earphone n use. Tnx.

brightk: it might be some interruption during download..did u try using d open with and den navigate 2 ur dvd player program, did u try another video player? can u check d file extension of d videos n tell us.. i dont want 2 believe u ve bin scammed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
Okponee: @ brightk: Tnx very much for ur inclination to help. It's a .rar file n I've eventually got 2 know why it refused to play. I's to use winrar to extract the files first before playing it. But the only challenge I've got now is on how to hear the sound. Even when it's at the highest volume, one can't hear as it's very faint. Maybe, I have to buy earphone n use. Tnx.

i tink vlc might help in this case cos it can help in vol increase.. bt u can amplify d voice by connecting a headfone cable 4rm ur laptop 2 maybe a sound system...y ur vol is @ moderate level u can apply d vol of the sound system..

the other one is very stressful cos i cud remember back in dose days wen i was crazy abt videos n conversion...u can use total video converter 2 increase dia vol wen converting 2 another video format..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ACTIONSAS(m): 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
HELLO HOUSE i need an asistant pls, i could not download avg antivirus in my laptop (dell inspiron n5050, windows 7) i've tried several times but it keep on saying an erro has occured,
the worse thing is that i bougth the software from a nearby vendor, to install but it keep on showing same response as to when i was downloading from the internet. that an error occured, instalation could not be compeleted, please help me out!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
ACTIONSAS: HELLO HOUSE i need an asistant pls, i could not download avg antivirus in my laptop (dell inspiron n5050, windows 7) i've tried several times but it keep on saying an erro has occured,
the worse thing is that i bougth the software from a nearby vendor, to install but it keep on showing same response as to when i was downloading from the internet. that an error occured, instalation could not be compeleted, please help me out!!!

Ur post is a lil bit confusing, is it that u r trying 2 download the A.V or u bought the A.V but it was giving error during installation or is it during downloading. To help us to help u, it will be advisable u post the error message u got for proper interpritation and to profer solutions. BTW which version of AVG are u trying 2 download/install.

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.