Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,851 members, 7,972,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 01:59 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1340754 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Omero(m): 4:21am On Aug 21, 2013
Gud-day gurus in d house and tanx for d gud work, I hav a little problem, my acer mini recently crashed which led to changing of the motherboard from an old one and it started working again, but when it is switched on it usually displays dis error message which does'nt go off from d screen. the error message is!
one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognized it. for assistance to fix this problem clik on this message. on clicking, it prop up anoda message in a box which are!
The location of the device is shown in bold type.
usb root hub(8 ports)
Π. unused port
Π. usb composite devices
Π. unused port
Π. usb mass storage devices
Π. unused port
Π. unused port
Π. unused port
¶.UNKNOWN USB DEVICE
if windows does'nt still recognize the device, replace the device.
that is d error message it displays, the numba 8 port above is bold and with a different icon symbol ie others appear as usb icon. also when I switch on d system it will b making a tickling sound from inside ie from d hard drive compactment which eventually stops after 30 to 60 seconds, the engineer dat fixed d board for me said my hard drive is weak and getting bad that I should try and replace it soonest to avoid............................ so plz what does dis error message meant and how do I fix it. tanx in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OMA4U(m): 4:53am On Aug 21, 2013
Hello, pls I need help to fix my pc back. It's displaying run test if i on it. It will be asking yes/no. If i choose 'no', it'll reboot and go to window normally. But how can I stop the 'run test' that displays. I also need activation code for Autocad 2007. Thanks in anticiaption
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 21, 2013
sino:

Hmmm, i'm quite not satisfied with this info, anyways...
check if your charger is ok, or get another one to confirm...

Try a hard reset,
*unplug your charger
*remove your battery
*remove any peripheral devices
*hold your power button for 60seconds
*then power up your lappy again

If no joy,
Try this if you know your way to the laptop's RAM i.e memory.
Get a working RAM(from a friend) to swap with yours and see if it comes on
Or if your system contains two, then try each one separately

If no joy,

Get your system to a techy fast!
guy i removed both ram still the same but the problem has gone bad o the system is not even booting at all again when i plug in the charger its not charging
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
OMA4U: Hello, pls I need help to fix my pc back. It's displaying run test if i on it. It will be asking yes/no. If i choose 'no', it'll reboot and go to window normally. But how can I stop the 'run test' that displays. I also need activation code for Autocad 2007. Thanks in anticiaption

I take it you're refeering to a blue screen, check disk ?
and i take is windows xp pro or home edition.Get back
to windows look for the option run, click on it and type in cmd
a flashing cursor should appear. type in chkntfs /x c:
If you have 2 drive, C and D, you can disable chkdsk with the command below
chkntfs /x c: d:
then go ahead and reboot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
teknology: guy i removed both ram still the same but the problem has gone bad o the system is not even booting at all again when i plug in the charger its not charging
sino:

Hmmm, i'm quite not satisfied with this info, anyways...
check if your charger is ok, or get another one to confirm...

Try a hard reset,
*unplug your charger
*remove your battery
*remove any peripheral devices
*hold your power button for 60seconds
*then power up your lappy again

If no joy,
Try this if you know your way to the laptop's RAM i.e memory.
Get a working RAM(from a friend) to swap with yours and see if it comes on
Or if your system contains two, then try each one separately

If no joy,

Get your system to a techy fast!

Given sino's advice, please consider the followings.

Did you removed the memory ? if you did, please
remove and reinsert it again, making it clicks and
well sitting down very well. push in the memory
very well. mk sure you remove the
battery and charger before you remove the memory
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Omero: Gud-day gurus in d house and tanx for d gud work, I hav a little problem, my acer mini recently crashed which led to changing of the motherboard from an old one and it started working again, but when it is switched on it usually displays dis error message which does'nt go off from d screen. the error message is!
one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognized it. for assistance to fix this problem clik on this message. on clicking, it prop up anoda message in a box which are!
The location of the device is shown in bold type.
usb root hub(8 ports)
Π. unused port
Π. usb composite devices
Π. unused port
Π. usb mass storage devices
Π. unused port
Π. unused port
Π. unused port
¶.UNKNOWN USB DEVICE
if windows does'nt still recognize the device, replace the device.
that is d error message it displays, the numba 8 port above is bold and with a different icon symbol ie others appear as usb icon. also when I switch on d system it will b making a tickling sound from inside ie from d hard drive compactment which eventually stops after 30 to 60 seconds, the engineer dat fixed d board for me said my hard drive is weak and getting bad that I should try and replace it soonest to avoid............................ so plz what does dis error message meant and how do I fix it. tanx in advance.

Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2654149 to fix this problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
sino:
It's agains the forum rules to give out license keys...

You can always purchase online, or better still, go to computer village.

This very g wink ( winkood sino, but reading from your previous post
earlier on, I would advice not to ask a user to take
laptop memory out or any other components. taking battery out
is okay. you could have done better by sticking to the atx rest
instead of taking the memories out. This is not a criticism, just an
advice. I try as much as possible to be careful. Thats it.
I look forward to reading your future post and have to say you're
doing well overall.

Deji

London
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ACTIONSAS(m): 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
i need some help please, im using DELL inspiron N5050, i just bought a new airtel Huawaei E173u-2, the problem is that throughout yestaday the system do went sleep automaticaly on it's own whenever i started browsing. n i don't realy know the problem. please help me out, thanks! cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
ACTIONSAS: i need some help please, im using DELL inspiron N5050, i just bought a new airtel Huawaei E173u-2, the problem is that throughout yestaday the system do went sleep automaticaly on it's own whenever i started browsing. n i don't realy know the problem. please help me out, thanks! cry

Use google to find out how you can change your laptop sleep settings.
go to google and type in change laptop sleep settings.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kolaide(m): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
how do i connect to the internet on my tablet pc with my sim card? i use etisalat sim. pls urgent respond will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
deji2009:

This very g wink ( winkood sino, but reading from your previous post
earlier on, I would advice not to ask a user to take
laptop memory out or any other components. taking battery out
is okay. you could have done better by sticking to the atx rest
instead of taking the memories out. This is not a criticism, just an
advice. I try as much as possible to be careful. Thats it.
I look forward to reading your future post and have to say you're
doing well overall.

Deji

London

Thank you bro, i'll be much more careful next time.

I must also say, i have learnt alot here, from techys here and most especially you.

Keep up the good work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quality1stuff: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
[b][/b][center][/center]Hi all!
I'm Vallery, of Russia, and introduce myself as honest and serious hacker who is here to provide a variety of quality stuff and at an affordable price.
I know for most of you words do not mean much now, because of false promises and thieves on the internet, which lie about the things they own!
I have a rich stock in quality tools for spam, offer assistance to beginners, hold viruses that can steal information from other computers that are infected, replace things purchased if you are not satisfied (but I assure you that you will be satisfied), accept payment by perfect Money or orders over $ 50 accept western union. smiley wink[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quality1stuff: 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hi all!
I'm Vallery, of Russia, and introduce myself as honest and serious hacker who is here to provide a variety of quality stuff and at an affordable price.
I know for most of you words do not mean much now, because of false promises and thieves on the internet, which lie about the things they own!
I have a rich stock in quality tools for spam, offer assistance to beginners, hold viruses that can steal information from other computers that are infected, replace things purchased if you are not satisfied (but I assure you that you will be satisfied), accept payment by perfect Money or orders over $ 50 accept western union.[b][/b]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superted87: 12:43am On Aug 22, 2013
Pls gurus I need ur help.......I can't remember ma password... Its running on windows 7 premium....ve tried all means possible bt ve nt been able to login....I nee solutions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2013
superted87: Pls gurus I need ur help.......I can't remember ma password... Its running on windows 7 premium....ve tried all means possible bt ve nt been able to login....I nee solutions

Eyah, poor you, and you didn't creat a password reset disk?

Well, i think it's against the policy here to give you steps on how to crack passwords, for one reason, how do we know the system is really yours...

My advice, go look for a techy with proof of ownership and solve your problem...

And google is your friend wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2013
sino:

Eyah, poor you, and you didn't creat a password reset disk?

Well, i think it's against the policy here to give you steps on how to crack passwords, for one reason, how do we know the system is really yours...

My advice, go look for a techy with proof of ownership and solve your problem...

And google is your friend wink
am willing to help him if if can just post a pic of his receipt and the laptop . Drop your email after then. Am going to send it to your email.

3 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2013
onegig: am willing to help him if if can just post a pic of his receipt and the laptop . Drop your email after then. Am going to send it to your email.
Yep, i support this, he can send you a pm and then send you the details if he doesn't want to put his details on here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
onegig: am willing to help him if if can just post a pic of his receipt and the laptop . Drop your email after then. Am going to send it to your email.

sino:
Yep, i support this, he can send you a pm and then send you the details if he doesn't want to put his details on here.

I reckon this kind of approach would go a very long way.
That's remind me, I gave a compaq CQ model to my brother in
Nigeria and he said, could I issue him a receipt before
leaving. I was shocked as to why he asked me to do that.
I issued the receipt with my UK home call-out receipts with
my mane, laptop details, my signature and my phone number.
I asked him why I needed to do that, I was surprised with his
answers. I am not here to be commanding people like myself but
let us try something different. For those of you that don't know this
we are all Nigerians and knows ourselves very well. such is life !
An instincts tells me someone here would use another username account to
provide windows product keys, adverts, password resets and many other things prohibited by
the owner's of the forum. I have seen a lot like that since have been on nairaland.
This to show you the kind of people we are !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superted87: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
[quote author=sino]
I'll forward it to u if dats wats gonna take to get a solution...jez like d oda dude said..if u send me ur mail of say on what's app mayb..I can foward u a proof as in ma receipt...I'll b lookn 4wrad to dat
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
superted87: my response

Ok bro...just click on my profile and send me a pm...i would reply you.

I don't post my email here because of spam mails...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kabayomi(m): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pls i need a free audio drm removal..The ones i've seen are limited to one mins only..
Pls any help or assistance would be appreciated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superted87: 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
No really understand hw dis pm tyn works...I only read post mostly here.....I understand u not posting ur email.... But if there is a way I can send u a pic of ma receipt as proof so u can help me out...the system is jez there nd it hurts me so much dat I can't make use of it....plus am tryn to upload d file but its prompting request entity is to large
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
I sent you one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abrojunior94(m): 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
How can I change my IP address. I am now in south africa but is still showing Nigeria IP address and I am unable to browse... I need you help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
abrojunior94: How can I change my IP address. I am now in south africa but is still showing Nigeria IP address and I am unable to browse... I need you help
go to google and search for a proxy. Or this app advor. Download and enjoy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superted87: 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
u can send me a mail @ akinwande.yusuf@gmail.com.......... or on twitter @superted87
pls i hope am not becoming a pain in d ass for u.i really apprci8 all u ve done so far.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ACTIONSAS(m): 2:20am On Aug 23, 2013
deji2009:

Use google to find out how you can change your laptop sleep settings.
go to google and type in change laptop sleep settings.

Thanks, that one is ok now, another thing is that it took my system IE more than 3hours to download a 44mb app(IE10), the system is too slow i need some asistance pls, somebody should please tel me what to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OMA4U(m): 3:01am On Aug 23, 2013
deji2009:

I take it you're refeering to a blue screen, check disk ?
and i take is windows xp pro or home edition.Get back
to windows look for the option run, click on it and type in cmd
a flashing cursor should appear. type in chkntfs /x c:
If you have 2 drive, C and D, you can disable chkdsk with the command below
chkntfs /x c: d:
then go ahead and reboot.

Thanks. It's window 7 and it's not check disk, it is run test. Thanks once again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smartbingari(m): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2013
I need help my laptop lenovo c200 i install avast antivirus it was running but when i shut down the system and boot it, it will log and i will insert my password and it will show starting window after that a black will appear and a blinking mouse i try to leave it nearly and hour but no solution please help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:44am On Aug 23, 2013
ACTIONSAS: Thanks, that one is ok now, another thing is that it took my system IE more than 3hours to download a 44mb app(IE10), the system is too slow i need some asistance pls, somebody should please tel me what to do

Visit the front page of the computer section and look for a
post titled slow computer by onegig, it would help you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:47am On Aug 23, 2013
OMA4U:

Thanks. It's window 7 and it's not check disk, it is run test. Thanks once again.

Could it be you're using hp or a toshiba laptop. what is the
model number of your laptop ? what is the error message, please
provide full error message ? Have you made any changes to the
computer recently ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (1234) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.