Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,816 members, 7,966,002 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:04 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1337850 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (1234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Misoki(m): 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2010
What is the distinct difference between a laptop with Duo Core and the one with Core 2 Duo processor?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by walexy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2010
I need help

My new HP laptop is working but nothing seems to be showing on the screen. You can see all programs on the background of the screen, but sort of no illumination to project it clearly to the user.

I have tried all i could but to no avail. Kindly advice accordingly please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2010
walexy:

I need help

My new HP laptop is working but nothing seems to be showing on the screen. You can see all programs on the background of the screen,  but sort of no illumination to project it clearly to the user.

I have tried all i could but to no avail. Kindly advice accordingly please.

Dear wale,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.
look for and press FN+F4 or F5 to increase and decrease the brightness.

Is this XP or Vista ? Does this happen when running on charger ? This can either
be a software or a hardware issue. Here's your prescription in narrowing down
the cause. Make sure charger is connected> turn on>keep pressing F10 or F1
until you see a blue screen >Bios setup utility> when you're in Bios>
Does the screen looks the same ?

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2010
mygee33:

@Omega: I had run a freinds flash drive on my system and it happend that the thing get virus which my sysem dictated. After cleaning de stuff, thats when de wahalla begin. After enabling it in Foder options and acepting de okay, u ll still find that the option remains as before like say u click cancel.
Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHO WALL
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1. This is to show all the hidden files.)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nayalee(m): 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer Troubles Here.
« #1884 on: Today at 03:23:53 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEJI,

CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH 25 CHARACTER ACTIVATION KEY FOR MICROSOFT OFFICE 2007. U CAN MAIL ademomen2007@yahoo.com or abdulmalik.adenaya@ubagroup.com.

THANKS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by savenaija: 8:47pm On Jun 25, 2010
pls i want to install windows xp for someone but his cdrom is not working and the only option is to use a flash, but the last time i formatted a pc with a flash it was one engr that did it for me,so please can i get the steps and the software because i can remember there is a software u have to install in the flash to make it bootable or so.
secondly, my cousin's laptop dell inspiron is always bringing out lines on the screen u have to press the panels of the screen for it to show.what could be the problem.
thirdly, someone brought a computer for me to fix and it happens that the only problem is that the laptop makes some continuous sound during bootup until u press a key. what could be the problem, i don't think it's the RAM
fourthly, i also have a laptop that my neighbor brought for me to fix, the mouse is just moving on it's own rapidly, i don't think it's spyware because it's not opening any file.

pls guys help a brother before i fall my hand, they know that i am studying computer engineering that is why they want to fall my hand.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoyet: 1:04am On Jun 27, 2010
HELLO,

Please am using Hp 2008 my WLAN nd BLUETOOTH

are disabled please what can i do to enable it

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Taiwotasungo: 3:42am On Jun 27, 2010
hello plz i bought a tokunbo desktop but its writing germany how do i change to english plz?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enipops200: 7:59am On Jun 27, 2010
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY HP MINI BRANDED PC, I HAVE PROBLEM TO SHARE MY CONEECTTON EVERYTIME I TRIED IT IT SAYS YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PREVELEGE TO SHARE INTERNET CONNECTIONS, HELP ME

MY EMAIL IS xxeniolaxx@aol.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enipops200: 7:59am On Jun 27, 2010
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY HP MINI BRANDED PC, I HAVE PROBLEM TO SHARE MY CONEECTTON EVERYTIME I TRIED IT IT SAYS YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PREVELEGE TO SHARE INTERNET CONNECTIONS, HELP ME

MY EMAIL IS xxeniolaxx@in.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enipops200: 8:00am On Jun 27, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by savenaija: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2010
this is what i got from google

Internet Connection Sharing using a computer

Firstly, you need two network cards on the computer. It will work exactly like the router with a WAN interface and a LAN interface.
Now the easiest way available if you are using Windows XP is to go to Network Connections and select the "Set up a home or small office network" link from the left panel. This will open a wizard that will guide you in completing the task.
If you don't want to use the wizard, you just need to configure the ICS option. First go to Network Connections and select the two connections, right click and select the bridge option. This will make the two cards aware of each other.

Now right click the connection to the Internet and select Properties. On the opened box, uncheck the Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks protocols because it's a security risk.
Now click the Advanced tab and select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection. It's a good idea to enable the first option too if you don't have a firewall installed on the machine. Now all the computers in the network should access the server's Internet connection.

windows_ics.jpg

Note that the server must be powered on to share the Internet connection.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by savenaija: 8:53am On Jun 27, 2010
T
Taiwotasungo:

hello plz i bought a tokunbo desktop but its writing germany how do i change to english plz?

go to control panel
regional and language
keyboard and language
change keyboard
change it to english
apply
ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by savenaija: 8:59am On Jun 27, 2010
OMOYET

if you right click on the connection, does it have enable?

also on most HP laptops there is a physical switch which turns the wireless on/off

or goto device manager

on XP
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

you should see the WLAN rightclick and enable

On vista
start>
control panel>
system>
device manager button, should be listed on the left hand side>
network adapters
click on the + sign

you should see the WLAN rightclick and enable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jamace(m): 10:55am On Jun 27, 2010
Please help o.

I use Internet Explorer 7. Of recent, I can no longer send e-mails. If I try to send an e-mail, the message will take a longer time trying to connect and at end it will give this error report:

Message could not be sent due to connection problem.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dontonny(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2010
Urs i need ur help, due to lost of life in my Toshiba's battery so i connect it direct to current but before i used it for 30Min's it will get hotter than fire and goes off. so pls what do i do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2010
omoyet:

HELLO,

Please am using Hp 2008 my WLAN nd BLUETOOTH
are disabled please what can i do to enable it
Thanks
you can either enable it by turning on your wifi card ( most computers have a switch or button) or you can verify that the drivers for you wifi/bluetooth card is installed by checking your device manager ( start -> run -> devmgmt.msc ) check to see if you have a yellow triangle on the network card. or go to my network connections, right click on the wireless connection icon and enable it if it is disabled

hope that helps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
Taiwotasungo:

you want to go to control pannel, then regional and language options then look for keyboard and languages and click on the options and select either english united states or english united kingdom. Apply and that should solve that issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2010
enipops200:

simply means you need to log into the computer as the administrator
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2010
sorry for the duplicate answers savenaija already answered the questions i replied to
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enipops200: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2010
omega25red:

simply means you need to log into the computer as the administrator

AM LOGGED ON THE ADMINSTRATOR, HELP ME PLEASE OH, i need to share my internet connection on my windows 7 hp mini , thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sesbol(m): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2010
Please help i cannot remember the exact user name and password used for my Toshiba laptop i have tried to logging without any success
i wil appriciate your help, the OS is XP. Kindly send your response to sesbol35@hotmail.com. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ballisitcs: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2010
hi,
this  is ballistics,what do i do to change my windows xp,its saying it is counterfeit
thank you.i have tried to up load thru their web site to avail
ballistics
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samoney: 9:40pm On Jun 29, 2010
i was copying some files from to my desktop from an xternal harddrive and all of a sudden my desktop start showing not respondinding and then my desktop has disappeared i cannot acess my desktop directly unless i go thru windows xplorer
i tried using system restore to correct the problem but my restore window would not open ,i have scanned my system several times deleted all the viruses and infections found,i have updated my antivirus i use avg free version, nothing has happenned yet, my os is windows 7. please can someone tell what to do to restore my desktop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by infomater: 9:38am On Jun 30, 2010
i am an info marketer,

how can i get free online businee
ple call 08038018859
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jamace(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2010
Please help o.

I use Internet Explorer 7. Of recent, I can no longer send e-mails. If I try to send an e-mail, the message will take a longer time trying to connect and at the end it will give this error report:

Please help o, gurus in the House,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jamace(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2010
Please help o.

I use Internet Explorer 7. Of recent, I can no longer send e-mails. If I try to send an e-mail, the message will take a longer time trying to connect and at the end  it will give this error report:

Meanwhile, I continue to receive e-mails from friends and I can't reply.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by themanumar: 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2010
visit nairamobile.com for free Online I.T consultancy. Consultants waiting to chat with you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doptimist2: 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2010
Please for some months now I am unable to find windows updates and hence windows update is impossible. My PC is Presario CQ60, Window Vista. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2010
jamace:

Please help o.

I use Internet Explorer 7. Of recent, I can no longer send e-mails. If I try to send an e-mail, the message will take a longer time trying to connect and at the end  it will give this error report:

Meanwhile, I continue to receive e-mails from friends and I can't reply.

Dear jamace,

What version is your email clients  e.g. windows mail, thunderbird, yahoo etc

What happen when you try to reply. any error message ? Is this XP or Vista ?

Are you on 3G broadband connection or wireless broadband. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
D-optimist:

Please for some months now I am unable to find windows updates and hence windows update is impossible. My PC is Presario CQ60, Window Vista. Thanks.

Dear D-optimist ,

Thank you for the above enquiry for us to be help please explain further.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (1234) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.