Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,756 members, 7,948,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 09:56 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1329883 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dharyor(m): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2010
Pls help me with serial key of microsoft office 2007.u can send it to vicday15@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRD1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2010
Where can I buy computer books in Lagos,I am specifically looking for MS Project 2003 guide book, I have tried computer village with no luck.thanks[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2010
MR D:

Where can I buy computer books in Lagos,I am specifically looking for MS Project 2003 guide book, I have tried computer village with no luck.thanks[color=#000099][/color]

Whats your email address?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2010
denzel2009:

Whats your email address?

Long time no read. where have you been ? lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2010
Dharyor:

Pls Help me with the serial no of microsoft office 2007 and license key of avg 9 antivirus.thanks guys in anticipation

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry. Here at nairaland computer support we provide 1st line diagnostics and
as such we're unable to provide keys. why ?  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-458610.0.html

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2010
I have been alright sir. Thanks for the other day.

Quick one,do you have any idea how to solve 'plugged in,not charging' problem on Windows 7 system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2010
denzel2009:

I have been alright sir. Thanks for the other day.

Quick one,do you have any idea how to solve 'plugged in,not charging' problem on Windows 7 system?

Dear Denzel,

Thank you for the above. get to bios run battery flat until laptop shutdown.

Connect charger to charge laptop and will be ok. This occur because of battery

memory cells. For example, a user charge his/her laptop to 80% and disconnected

the charger and batter run flat. The user then try charging and get 20, 30, 0r 40 %

plug in not charging. This occur because laptop has memory cells that stores

last charge and if not fully charge to 100% you get plug in not charging. always charge battery

to 100% and when prompted battery low then start charging. This prolong battery life.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Denzel,

Thank you for the above. get to bios run battery flat until laptop shutdown.

Connect charger to charge laptop and will be ok. This occur because of battery

memory cells. For example, a user charge his/her laptop to 80% and disconnected

the charger and batter run flat. The user then try charging and get 20, 30, 0r 40 %

plug in not charging. This occur because laptop has memory cells that stores

last charge and if not fully charge to 100% you get plug in not charging. always charge battery

to 100% and when prompted battery low then start charging. This prolong battery life.

Good luck

Thanks Deji,

This problem is different and there's no clear cut solution yet.

I have just received a new a battery I ordered (cos I thought the old one is messed up) and its currently showing 86% available plugged in not charging.

If I let it go flat then I wont be able to charge the brand new battery again. If I remove the battery,and plug in just the AC adapter, the laptop works normally but

when I put the battery it doesnt charge.

I checked online and there are so many people with thesame problem. Some have devised some solutions but they don't work for everybody.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2010
denzel2009:

Thanks Deji,

This problem is different and there's no clear cut solution yet.

I have just received a new a battery I ordered (cos I thought the old one is messed up) and its currently showing 86% available plugged in not charging.

If I let it go flat then I wont be able to charge the brand new battery again. If I remove the battery,and plug in just the AC adapter, the laptop works normally but

when I put the battery it doesnt charge.

I checked online and there are so many people with thesame problem. Some have devised some solutions but they don't work for everybody.

To add to my knowledge, what's the laptop make and model please ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2010
deji2009:

To add to my knowledge, what's the laptop make and model please ?

Dell vostro 1400
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2010
thanks denzel
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MRD1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2010
MR D:

gentlelion_2006@yahoo.com many thanks,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 2:32pm On Aug 27, 2010
MR D:

gentlelion_2006@yahoo.com many thanks,

I have just sent you a link to download. I had to compress it with RAR else you wouldn't be able to download it on time.

Let me know when you finish so I can take it down.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Henry9000: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2010
Wow free phones, unbelievable. I got two which is maximum. Get your at www.freegsmphones.info
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phemmy88(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2010
Hello Deji !
Please help me, i use to get this message on my pc very often;
"COM SURROGATE HAS STOPPED WORKING
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

What do you think i can do to solve this problem?

, i used a vista, intel p4 PC.

THANKS!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2010
phemmy88:

Hello Deji !
Please help me, i use to get this message on my pc very often;
"COM SURROGATE HAS STOPPED WORKING
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

What do you think i can do to solve this problem?

, i used a vista, intel p4 PC.

THANKS!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and please to recommend http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fix-for-com-surrogate-has-stopped-working-error-in-vista/

Click on the above link and follow it step by step. Always read the instructions before clicking ok or next

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phemmy88(m): 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2010
Thanks a zillion!
I recommed you for a MON award, Lol
i appreciate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2010
phemmy88:

Thanks a zillion!
I recommed you for a MON award, Lol
i appreciate.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above comment and would like to know if it works or not.
Computer is the process of elimination and as a computer engineer is important
to know if this works or not as i strive to keep learning regardless, no one is perfect.

Thank you !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phemmy88(m): 8:43am On Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, it works!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2010
Plz i'm using windows xp sp2, on my laptop nd i wnt 2 upgrd 2 vista sp2, plz au do i do this withaut losing my data.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:44am On Aug 30, 2010
1stknight:

Plz i'm using windows xp sp2, on my laptop nd i wnt 2 upgrd 2 vista sp2, plz au do i do this withaut losing my data.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above and would like you to click https://www.microsoft.com/malaysia/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/default.mspx
and download/run windows upgrade advisor to make sure your computer is vista compatible.

To avoid wasting your time and resources i strongly advice you to run it. if you've done so otherwise
I recommend backing up your data prior to installing windows. Take your time and backup, i know is time
consuming be patience. if you don't have access to your desktop (windows won't load) you need a data
backup service prior to upgrade. Please see a computer Technician for further advice

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doncent: 9:06am On Aug 30, 2010
hey guysssssss i am having a serious trouble with my brothers laptop , it fel from the bag i put it on saturday nite and i did not discover dat the screen has been damaged. on sunday after coming from church i wanted to do some work inside the computer only to discover dat de screen is damaged, now i am confused can i fix the screen back, pls help me , thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2010
doncent:

hey guysssssss i am having a serious trouble with my brothers laptop ,  it fel from the bag i put it on saturday nite and i did not discover dat the screen has been damaged. on sunday after coming from church i wanted to do some work inside the computer only to discover dat de screen is damaged, now i am confused can i fix the screen back, pls help me , thanks

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry. An LCD screen is the most expensive part after motherboard and such
is not worth repairing other than to buy and replace with a new one. Here's your diagnostics to make sure
laptop still works. connect laptop to an external monitor using a VGA cable and see if boot up ok. You can sell the laptop
for spares. buying a screen would cost between £80-90 then a labour charge might as well buy a new laptop.

For further advice go and see a computer Technician/Engineer. Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vicjoseph: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2010
I unlocked my internet modem, i need to use it with zain network. i inserted the sim loaded it and tried converting to bundle but it will not. Do I need a special sim card to do that and how do I get it. Please help. i need it urgently. Thank you angry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:45am On Aug 30, 2010
vicjoseph:

I unlocked my internet modem, i need to use it with zain network. i inserted the sim loaded it and tried converting to bundle but it will not. Do I need a special sim card to do that and how do I get it. Please help. i need it urgently. Thank you angry

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for the above and would advice you to contact Zain or the modem manufacturer. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doncent: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2010
hey guys how can i get a compact laptop or aceer laptop for as low as 25 to 30k, pls if any info
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doncent: 11:25am On Aug 30, 2010
thanks again for ur reply i have don dat but they say to put the screen in other i will have to pay 25k for de screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doncent: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn guys can any body give me an idea on how i can download pdf writter, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rkcool36: 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hello to whom it might concern, do u know you can be paying lessthan 15,000 naira for internet
subcriptions monthly and connect 15 or more systems with unlimited bandwidth and super speed.
for offices, schools and Cybercafes. 07038946138 or 07041889714 for more info:: email fotmatng@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by missylizzy(f): 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
gudday i used a software to format my system. it destroyed so many of my files in my laptop.i actually wanted to install microsoft word.please how can i repair those damaged files i did not use backup.my system is HP DV6000 using windows vista.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2010
missylizzy:

gudday i used a software to format my system. it destroyed so many of my files in my laptop.i actually wanted to install microsoft word.please how can i repair those damaged files i did not use backup.my system is HP DV6000 using windows vista.

Dear Lizzy,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would like to confirm what happened when the file is opened ?
for example: error messages et cetera. knowing this would certainly help my colleagues in narrowing
down the cause. what type of file ? e.g. word, excel, spreedsheet. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1232) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.